Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas

Transformers News: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas

Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 5:44PM CST

Categories: Event News, Media, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,219

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This coming weekend, our fellow Malaysian fans will be able to attend one of the biggest Asian Expos to date: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, opening this Friday at the Arena of Stars in Gensing. Thanks to an article in The Star Online, we have a brief look at what's in store for the event - read on below or head here for the full piece!

Transformers News: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas


“I am equally happy to note that the world’s iconic movie and toy brand, Hasbro Transformers, is celebrating its 30th anniversary in conjunction with Visit Malaysia Year (VMY) 2014,” he said before launching the event at Resorts World Genting yesterday.

He said he was confident that with the good weather and upcoming major developments, Malaysians and regional visitors would flock to Genting, which received over 20 million tourists annually.

Nazri also expressed pride that Malaysian artists had created the special 7m-tall figurine of Optimus Prime and the 5.4m-tall figurine of Bumblebee as some of the exclusive highlights of the expo.

There will also be a showcase of more than 1,520 limited edition Transformers figurines and memorabilia contributed by Transmy, a group of Malaysian Transformers fans.

Also making an appearance is a Chevrolet’s Camaro, which transformed into Bumblebee in the films.
Credit(s): The Star Online
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1546359)
Posted by gema on January 30th, 2014 @ 12:50am CST
Last we counted was around 1662 figures, hoping to add more tonighit before the opening tomorrow

There are 13 showcases as follow (not in particular order)

01 - Generation 1
02 - Generation 2/Micromasters
03 - TFA/TF:Prime
04 - RiD/Armada
05 - Energon/Galaxy Force
06 - Beast Wars/Beast Machines
07 - CHURGs
08 - Masterpiece/Alternators/Binaltech
09 - TFTM
10 - ROTF
11 - DOTM
12 - Titanium/PCC and Bumblebees. Bumblebee showcase in contributed by our female members, covering releases from G1 till present
13 - TFX, Dedicated for exclusives releases (includes Botcons, TFCCs, eHobby, etc)
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1546360)
Posted by gema on January 30th, 2014 @ 12:56am CST
Sneak peek at the TFC Showcase (that's me right there)

Image

Most of TransMY crew that made this happens
Image
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1546361)
Posted by gema on January 30th, 2014 @ 1:02am CST
Image

Bumblebee showcase from TransMY female member, a small portion of ti
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1547653)
Posted by ScottyP on February 3rd, 2014 @ 12:50pm CST
Really cool stuff!

Looking forward to drooling over pictures of UT-era Lucky Draw stuff that I'll never own.
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548062)
Posted by gema on February 5th, 2014 @ 12:18am CST
More pictures

Image

Image

Showcases

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The Camaro

Image

The Laser Show/3D Mapping

Image

Image

Others

Image

Image

Image

Image

Credit : TransMY
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548101)
Posted by Va'al on February 5th, 2014 @ 10:38am CST
We mentioned, a while back, that one of the biggest conventions in Asia to date was going to take place in Genting, Malaysia. Well, fellow Seibertronian gema, part of the TransMY community, was there, and took photos of the props, replicas, originals and -- over 1670 figures from different toylines, G1 to movieverse! Take a look below at some of the photos from the seriously impressive show, which will be joining on 15th of February, the Malaysia Book Of Records for most figures displayed at a single exhibition.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Photos by gema, pictured above, and TransMY

Image
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548107)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on February 5th, 2014 @ 10:47am CST
That is a whole lot of awesome in one place. I think my eyes glazed over, because I could not process any more coolness until I had a little break. JEEZ. :shock:
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548112)
Posted by RhA on February 5th, 2014 @ 10:59am CST
I peed a little.
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548119)
Posted by Miles Wolf on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:23am CST
The photos are too little! We need hi-res images!
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548121)
Posted by EagleTron on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:23am CST
Nice nice nice nice :michaelbay:
That Winged Transformer that I forgot the name of standing next to Air attack Optimus primal is Huge. And I probably could still get it at a good price. That and That huge Cheetor figure but I don't see the two foot tall cheetor. I'm going to research that winged bat transformer.
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548123)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:27am CST
thats beast machines nightscream
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548124)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:39am CST
as awesome as this is when do we get to see new toys?
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548125)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:47am CST
f-primus-unicron wrote:thats beast machines nightscream
His "real" toy throws a lot of people off, because his Happy Meal toy was more show-accurate on a lot of levels. Still, it's a must if you want a TF with an official swing-set alt.

I'll second wanting higher-res pics to zoom in on. The only pre SCF Bumblebees I could spot in that entire hive were his Classic Pretender toy on the top right shelf, and carded G2 High Beam repaint in the middle.

Just a tad disappointed once I learned that the bottom of the thumbnail wasn't showing us upcoming Hasbro MPs, but this was actually much more awesome as galleries go.
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548128)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 5th, 2014 @ 12:04pm CST
EagleTron wrote:Nice nice nice nice :michaelbay:
That Winged Transformer that I forgot the name of standing next to Air attack Optimus primal is Huge. And I probably could still get it at a good price. That and That huge Cheetor figure but I don't see the two foot tall cheetor. I'm going to research that winged bat transformer.

No you can't get him for a decent price, he's so terrible that any money you pay for it is too much. He's terrible, and fragile as heck, since a good deal of his body is made up of thin translucent plastic, even parts that need to take a lot of force, so yea, he's so emo he brakes himself.
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548130)
Posted by gema on February 5th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:as awesome as this is when do we get to see new toys?

sorry, there's no new toy being featured, it's more of an exhibition than a convention

Miles Wolf wrote:The photos are too little! We need hi-res images!

hopefully will be able to provide detailed and high res pic this weekend :)

The showcases provided are limited to 13 showcases only so a bit crammed inside. This is the first ever, a pioneer for official Transformers brand

Hopefully it'll be a good start for Malaysia

The figures are contributed by almost 30 Malaysian Collectors from TransMY. More about the event can be found here

http://www.transformersmal.com.my/Home.html
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548132)
Posted by paul053 on February 5th, 2014 @ 12:12pm CST
Cool! Although the Bumblebee showcase is a little scary...... ;)
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548133)
Posted by gema on February 5th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CST
paul053 wrote:Cool! Although the Bumblebee showcase is a little scary...... ;)


belongs to a female collector, and that's not event half of her BB collection, if not mistaken, haha
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548134)
Posted by EagleTron on February 5th, 2014 @ 12:20pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
EagleTron wrote:Nice nice nice nice :michaelbay:
That Winged Transformer that I forgot the name of standing next to Air attack Optimus primal is Huge. And I probably could still get it at a good price. That and That huge Cheetor figure but I don't see the two foot tall cheetor. I'm going to research that winged bat transformer.

No you can't get him for a decent price, he's so terrible that any money you pay for it is too much. He's terrible, and fragile as heck, since a good deal of his body is made up of thin translucent plastic, even parts that need to take a lot of force, so yea, he's so emo he brakes himself.

I just did my research on him. And I never said that I thought it was a good figure if thats what the impression you got. I just said that its a huge transformer which it is. To have that thing proped up somehow towering or hovering in my collection would Look ok. That's a lot of transformers plastic for cheap. I just might pick it up.
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548137)
Posted by EagleTron on February 5th, 2014 @ 12:37pm CST
Thanks for the advice though, about Nightscream, if I didn't know about almost everything and being a good online researcher then that would have been some good info.
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548141)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 5th, 2014 @ 12:51pm CST
EagleTron wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
EagleTron wrote:Nice nice nice nice :michaelbay:
That Winged Transformer that I forgot the name of standing next to Air attack Optimus primal is Huge. And I probably could still get it at a good price. That and That huge Cheetor figure but I don't see the two foot tall cheetor. I'm going to research that winged bat transformer.

No you can't get him for a decent price, he's so terrible that any money you pay for it is too much. He's terrible, and fragile as heck, since a good deal of his body is made up of thin translucent plastic, even parts that need to take a lot of force, so yea, he's so emo he brakes himself.

I just did my research on him. And I never said that I thought it was a good figure if thats what the impression you got. I just said that its a huge transformer which it is. To have that thing proped up somehow towering or hovering in my collection would Look ok. That's a lot of transformers plastic for cheap. I just might pick it up.

It's not a lot of plastic, it has about as much plastic as a Voyager, it's just very thin and hollow.
And the only way to prop him up is by gluing him together and getting a stand that holds him in place.
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548213)
Posted by EagleTron on February 5th, 2014 @ 6:34pm CST
Im feeling good rite now seeing that my prized misb figures that are in my collection which are Rotf Battle opps Bumblebee, Air attack Optimus primal and Cybertron Metroplex are up their looking good on dislpay. :D
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548219)
Posted by gema on February 5th, 2014 @ 6:54pm CST
EagleTron wrote:Im feeling good rite now seeing that my prized misb figures that are in my collection which are Rotf Battle opps Bumblebee, Air attack Optimus primal and Cybertron Metroplex are up their looking good on dislpay. :D


haha. contributed my MISB Henkei Crystal Convoy for that exhibition :grin:
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548222)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 5th, 2014 @ 7:14pm CST
God Fire Convoy is wielding Grand Maximus's Master Blade instead of his own Super God Sword. Or at least, the one in the RiD/Armada display case is, that is. The second one we see in the exclusives display case is holding the right sword.

Image
Image
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548256)
Posted by Powermaster Prime on February 5th, 2014 @ 10:01pm CST
Number of visitors were very encouraging so far. Had parents and children of all ages coming and asking about the figures and history. A booth was available to kids should they like to fiddle with some dedicated loose figures provided.

To me ,that is what exhibitions should be - sharing passion to outsiders and leaving them with cherished memories and perhaps, knowledge on this part of the world
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1548268)
Posted by gema on February 6th, 2014 @ 12:20am CST
Powermaster Prime wrote:Number of visitors were very encouraging so far. Had parents and children of all ages coming and asking about the figures and history. A booth was available to kids should they like to fiddle with some dedicated loose figures provided.

To me ,that is what exhibitions should be - sharing passion to outsiders and leaving them with cherished memories and perhaps, knowledge on this part of the world


thank you for the encouraging feedback!
Re: Hasbro Trans­formers Expo Malaysia 2014, Genting - 1,520 Figures and Giant Replicas (1549415)
Posted by gema on February 10th, 2014 @ 9:51am CST
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014