Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot

Saturday, December 22nd, 2012 10:50AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,660

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Here something we've grown unaccustomed to seeing since the early days of the DOTM toy line, a seemingly unknown character test shot! Deceptigtar of the TFW2005 boards has shared what appears to be a Hasbro Transformers Prime Deluxe Frenzy test shot. As you can see this version is red and features the alternate head sculpt seen on Rumble's instruction sheet, which up until now we had assumed was only meant for use on Takara Tomy's upcoming Arms Micron version of this mold. The figure also bears the "not for sale" stamp often seen on prototypes and test shots. Did Hasbro intend on bringing Rumble's partner in crime to the "Robots in Disguise" line, or perhaps they still have plans to release him at some point down the road? We've mirrored Deceptigtar's images below.

Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot

Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot

Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot

Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot

Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot

Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot
Credit(s): Deceptigar of the TFW2005 boards, daimchoc
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448531)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 22nd, 2012 @ 10:54am CST
Hasbro did one too? Maybe I don't have to import Takara's Rumble. :)
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448532)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 22nd, 2012 @ 10:56am CST
If they did bring a red Frenzy over as an exclusive of some sort, my dilemma would be solved... kinda. Hasbro Rumble and Arms Micron Rumble/Frenzy (whoever ends up as the red one)...
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448533)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 22nd, 2012 @ 11:01am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Arms Micron Rumble/Frenzy (whoever ends up as the red one)...


Rumble's the red one over there.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448535)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 22nd, 2012 @ 11:05am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Arms Micron Rumble/Frenzy (whoever ends up as the red one)...


Rumble's the red one over there.


inb4 shit storm
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448536)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 22nd, 2012 @ 11:15am CST
Painted rims!

I prefer Rumble. Frenzy isn't as interesting as his bro.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448540)
Posted by dabattousai on December 22nd, 2012 @ 11:55am CST
Definitely getting a Gurren Vibe from it:

Image
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448549)
Posted by leokearon on December 22nd, 2012 @ 12:57pm CST
He looks better than Rumble
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448555)
Posted by XDMan on December 22nd, 2012 @ 2:15pm CST
A test shot? Sorry Hasbro, but even if you get him to the stores, I'm not getting him, for three reasons:

1) I'm getting the more superior AM version of this guy.

2) The prices are to expensive at the stores, but it's not your fault (I now realized that after October's high price topic)

3) Unlikely, but the FIRRIB/RIRFIB war would turn into a "fight" at a store between two fans (Due to the fact that the Marvel Comics follows the color scheme of Takara's first version of the cartoon, before it came stateside to America, while the English dub of said cartoon swapped the colors).

Still, why can't you reissue Frenzy and Rumble anymore, Hasbro?

This FIRRIB/RIRFIB term just makes me unsatisfied with flamewars.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448556)
Posted by Slashercon on December 22nd, 2012 @ 2:18pm CST
So I guess you could say...Rumble is RED again!!! :lol: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448558)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 22nd, 2012 @ 2:46pm CST
XDMan wrote:3) Unlikely, but the FIRRIB/RIRFIB war would turn into a "fight" at a store between two fans (Due to the fact that the Marvel Comics follows the color scheme of Takara's first version of the cartoon, before it came stateside to America, while the English dub of said cartoon swapped the colors).


The cartoon came to the US first, Japan got it a year later, in 1985 :-$
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448564)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on December 22nd, 2012 @ 3:31pm CST
Anyone else kinda wish these guys were legends class sized?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448567)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 22nd, 2012 @ 3:41pm CST
No...must resist...but can't fight it--

Wow! Who'd a' thought Aligned-continuity-family Enemy would get his own head sculpt! Now if only they do the same for the Garboil that'll surely come with Beast Hunters Soundwave...
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448578)
Posted by RAcast on December 22nd, 2012 @ 4:37pm CST
I saw an ebay listing for this the other day, it certainly looks good, and the colors are spot-on Gurren!
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448579)
Posted by King Slick on December 22nd, 2012 @ 4:50pm CST
Alt mode reminds me of Classics/Universe Bumblebee/Cliffhum...err Cluffjumper. What next, Jetfire with a paint deco resembling Arbalest?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448587)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 22nd, 2012 @ 6:25pm CST
Head sculpt seems a little heroic for Frenzy...
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448588)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 22nd, 2012 @ 6:27pm CST
well now i have to get rumble soon.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448589)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 22nd, 2012 @ 6:28pm CST
King Slick wrote:Alt mode reminds me of Classics/Universe Bumblebee/Cliffhum...err Cluffjumper. What next, Jetfire with a paint deco resembling Arbalest?


Arba-who?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448590)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 22nd, 2012 @ 6:53pm CST
That figure looks really good, especially next to Rumble. Still not sure Rumble and Frenzy are the best identities for them but I think I'm going to have to get both anyway.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448591)
Posted by NTESHFT on December 22nd, 2012 @ 7:00pm CST
Whew! I'm glad this is coming out since i didn't want to get the Takara version, for a change. I just felt the Takara version wouldn't quite match up with my Hasbro Rumble, especially since the Takara version wasn't coming with pile drivers.....
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448594)
Posted by RAcast on December 22nd, 2012 @ 7:07pm CST
headsortails wrote:Whew! I'm glad this is coming out since i didn't want to get the Takara version, for a change. I just felt the Takara version wouldn't quite match up with my Hasbro Rumble, especially since the Takara version wasn't coming with pile drivers.....

The minicon is a bit derpy also. xD And paint is always better than stickers. =_=;

(Though I did enjoy building little Hot Spot here, but being a model kit, that's thee exception. :grin: )
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448598)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 22nd, 2012 @ 7:14pm CST
Are we sure this isn't just a test shot of TakaraTomy's AM Rumble?

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
XDMan wrote:3) Unlikely, but the FIRRIB/RIRFIB war would turn into a "fight" at a store between two fans (Due to the fact that the Marvel Comics follows the color scheme of Takara's first version of the cartoon, before it came stateside to America, while the English dub of said cartoon swapped the colors).


The cartoon came to the US first, Japan got it a year later, in 1985 :-$
Sometimes I wonder if he says things like this on purpose. :P
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448605)
Posted by Gundamu on December 22nd, 2012 @ 7:45pm CST
Hasbro will be releasing one? Nice!
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448613)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 22nd, 2012 @ 8:07pm CST
Not a fan of this mold at all but the head is an improvement, oh and look hes red like he should be.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448618)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 22nd, 2012 @ 8:58pm CST
Gundamu wrote:Hasbro will be releasing one? Nice!
It's not being released.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/734399-transformers-prime-unrelased-unproduced-frenzy-rumble-prototype-auction.html#post8707806

godmaximonius wrote:Hey guys this is mine. Had this for a while as well as a Tigertron and Ironhide but kept them quiet because of the possibility of release. Recently was told by the person I got it from that I could do what I wanted with it because it wasn't going to be released. I had the Ironhide up here earlier in the FS forum after Sargent Kup released. Now does that mean it will never be released??? Can't say 100% but it was released from the factory to him which usually doesn't happen with stuff that will make it to production
I suspect he's referring to Thundertron when he said "Tigertron".
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448619)
Posted by burning_sirius on December 22nd, 2012 @ 9:05pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
King Slick wrote:Alt mode reminds me of Classics/Universe Bumblebee/Cliffhum...err Cluffjumper. What next, Jetfire with a paint deco resembling Arbalest?


Arba-who?


The Arbalest is a mech from Code Geass. It is a Sunrise show.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448650)
Posted by That Bot on December 23rd, 2012 @ 12:05am CST

Unless this guy has an established track record of showing these things off and also having samples of produced figures, then there is no validity to his statement. Keep your fingers crossed, folks.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448654)
Posted by triKlops on December 23rd, 2012 @ 12:25am CST
i can absolutely guarantee that there is a red deco for this guy.
whether or not it gets used by Hasbro, only time will tell.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448657)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 23rd, 2012 @ 12:39am CST
It'd be great if Hasbro's Frenzy gets wide release, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for that. Not necessarily saying that this godmaximonius is an entirely valid source or not, but I'm not exactly confident in Hasbro releasing every TF toy they got. And with the "Beast Hunters" rebranding I could easily see this (and Ironhide, and Tigertron assuming that's not a mistake) slipping thru the cracks.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448658)
Posted by Cobra Delaris on December 23rd, 2012 @ 12:40am CST
I'll more than likely pick up the Hasbro version but collecting these Microns has become some what of a guilty pleasure, so the Takara/Arms Micron version is definitely in the cards for me also. :CON:
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448675)
Posted by That Bot on December 23rd, 2012 @ 2:50am CST
I think releasing Ironhide and Frenzy in Beast Hunters would be to their advantage. It's two easily made toys that are in demand and it means two less slots to fill.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448738)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 23rd, 2012 @ 10:54am CST
That Bot wrote:I think releasing Ironhide and Frenzy in Beast Hunters would be to their advantage. It's two easily made toys that are in demand and it means two less slots to fill.


Two less slots that could go to some characters that are actually in the show. I don't feel like waiting for another toyline just to complete the season 3 cast. Do that here. >:oP
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448768)
Posted by That Bot on December 23rd, 2012 @ 12:32pm CST
Giving these two redecos in the Beast Hunters toyline does not preclude getting toys of Smokescreen, Jet Vehicon, Insecticons, or Breakdown. Let's watch and see what happens.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448771)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on December 23rd, 2012 @ 12:41pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Head sculpt seems a little heroic for Frenzy...


Ah, THANK YOU! That's what it is! I was trying to put my finger on whatever was a little..."different". I don't hate it, but I agree, it could easily be an Autobot head sculpt.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448783)
Posted by XDMan on December 23rd, 2012 @ 2:12pm CST
@Sabrblade & JelZe Goldrabbit

You simply don't understand, the US has always wanted to take credit since 1984. :-x :-x
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448784)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 23rd, 2012 @ 2:16pm CST
XDMan wrote:@Sabrblade & JelZe Goldrabbit

You simply don't understand, the US has always wanted to take credit since 1984. :-x :-x


Image
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448787)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 23rd, 2012 @ 2:34pm CST
XDMan wrote:@Sabrblade & JelZe Goldrabbit

You simply don't understand, the US has always wanted to take credit since 1984. :-x :-x


Then I should point out that in the 80's, outsourcing animation to Japan and Korea was common practice. The toys are Japanese, the animation was indeed Japanese, but the concept was still American.

*gets dragged away*

Wait, I'm not done enlightening him yet!
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448789)
Posted by Va'al on December 23rd, 2012 @ 2:45pm CST
ViperEye82 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Head sculpt seems a little heroic for Frenzy...


Ah, THANK YOU! That's what it is! I was trying to put my finger on whatever was a little..."different". I don't hate it, but I agree, it could easily be an Autobot head sculpt.


Well, with the blue eyes (not that it matters that much, but still) could it not indeed be an Autobot? I doubt they'd try enraging the fans that much, but hey! Bold move it would be.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448790)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 23rd, 2012 @ 2:54pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
XDMan wrote:@Sabrblade & JelZe Goldrabbit

You simply don't understand, the US has always wanted to take credit since 1984. :-x :-x


Then I should point out that in the 80's, outsourcing animation to Japan and Korea was common practice. The toys are Japanese, the animation was indeed Japanese, but the concept was still American.

*gets dragged away*

Wait, I'm not done enlightening him yet!
What she said. The Transformers brand all began with Hasbro and Marvel Comics in 1984. The cartoon came months later, and didn't hit Japanese shores until 1985.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448791)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 23rd, 2012 @ 2:57pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
XDMan wrote:@Sabrblade & JelZe Goldrabbit

You simply don't understand, the US has always wanted to take credit since 1984. :-x :-x


Then I should point out that in the 80's, outsourcing animation to Japan and Korea was common practice. The toys are Japanese, the animation was indeed Japanese, but the concept was still American.

*gets dragged away*

Wait, I'm not done enlightening him yet!
What she said. The Transformers brand all began with Hasbro and Marvel Comics in 1984. The cartoon came months later, and didn't hit Japanese shores until 1985.


In short:

Japan came up with the initial set up (robots that turn into stuff), but Hasbro came up with the fiction behind it.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448813)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 23rd, 2012 @ 5:15pm CST
XDMan wrote:@Sabrblade & JelZe Goldrabbit

You simply don't understand, the US has always wanted to take credit since 1984. :-x :-x


Yep. They don't understand. >:oP

Va'al wrote:
ViperEye82 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Head sculpt seems a little heroic for Frenzy...


Ah, THANK YOU! That's what it is! I was trying to put my finger on whatever was a little..."different". I don't hate it, but I agree, it could easily be an Autobot head sculpt.


Well, with the blue eyes (not that it matters that much, but still) could it not indeed be an Autobot? I doubt they'd try enraging the fans that much, but hey! Bold move it would be.


Well, Frenzy is a Decepticon. We know that from Exodus & the games. But were are supposed to get some side switchers in season three. ;)
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448961)
Posted by STngAR on December 24th, 2012 @ 8:55am CST
Wasnt Rumble a more Purple/Blue, and Frenzy Red/Orange? Or was that the other way around? Hmmm..... walks away scratching head :MAXIMAL:
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448975)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on December 24th, 2012 @ 9:57am CST
I can't believe this became a "which came first" / "FIBRIR" discussion. lol. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1448982)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 24th, 2012 @ 10:11am CST
STngAR wrote:Wasnt Rumble a more Purple/Blue, and Frenzy Red/Orange? Or was that the other way around? Hmmm..... walks away scratching head :MAXIMAL:


In the U.S cartoon, Rumble was lavender and blue while Frenzy was red and black. In just about everything else at the time, it was the other way around.

Image
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1449032)
Posted by XDMan on December 24th, 2012 @ 1:19pm CST
@PrimeStriker: Given between the choice of who doesn't understand (the two who believe the US does it all or Habsro thinking that they made it), thank Primus someone is willing to join me. ;)

@JelZe Goldrabbit: Goodbye. Who cares about your so called enlightening. In other words:

Proceed on your way to oblivion.

<slams the door>
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1449038)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 24th, 2012 @ 1:42pm CST
XDMan wrote:@PrimeStriker: Given between the choice of who doesn't understand (the two who believe the US does it all or Habsro thinking that they made it), thank Primus someone is willing to join me. ;)

@JelZe Goldrabbit: Goodbye. Who cares about your so called enlightening. In other words:

Proceed on your way to oblivion.

<slams the door>


Dude...

The United States originally came up with the fiction, and several studios in and around the Philippines helped animate the cartoon, while Sunbow wrote the fiction. Japan saw the hubbub going on there and cut short the rebranding of the Diaclone line in favor of the Transformers. Therefore, G1 aired in America in 1984, while in Japan it aired in 1985. How can you not get that?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1449051)
Posted by That Bot on December 24th, 2012 @ 2:28pm CST
FACT: Frenzy and Rumble were, respectively, blue and red & black in the toys
FACT: This color scheme was shared by the Marvel Comics
FACT: The colors got reversed in the G1 cartoon
FACT: The G1 cartoon was written by various freelance writers, funded by Hasbro, handled by Sunbow Productions who had the animation done by Toei Animation and AKOM, and debuted in the US in 1984. American voice actors were the first voice actors to give life to the characters.
FACT: The G1 cartoon premiered in Japan in 1985.
FACT: The Japanese G1 cartoon reversed the names of Frenzy and Rumble so that their colors were correct with the toys and every other iteration.
FACT: Aligned Frenzy and Rumble aren't G1, and have been consistently portrayed as red and blue respectively, meaning the FIRRIB/FIBRIR debate doesn't matter here.

Now can we get back to discussing our potential Hasbro Prime Frenzy toy?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1449080)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 24th, 2012 @ 5:25pm CST
XDMan wrote:@PrimeStriker: Given between the choice of who doesn't understand (the two who believe the US does it all or Habsro thinking that they made it), thank Primus someone is willing to join me. ;)


Dude. I was being sarcastic.

They're right, you're wrong. Have a nice day.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1449093)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 24th, 2012 @ 6:18pm CST
That Bot wrote:FACT: Frenzy and Rumble were, respectively, blue and red & black in the toys
FACT: This color scheme was shared by the Marvel Comics
FACT: The colors got reversed in the G1 cartoon
FACT: The G1 cartoon was written by various freelance writers, funded by Hasbro, handled by Sunbow Productions who had the animation done by Toei Animation and AKOM, and debuted in the US in 1984. American voice actors were the first voice actors to give life to the characters.
FACT: The G1 cartoon premiered in Japan in 1985.
FACT: The Japanese G1 cartoon reversed the names of Frenzy and Rumble so that their colors were correct with the toys and every other iteration.
FACT: Aligned Frenzy and Rumble aren't G1, and have been consistently portrayed as red and blue respectively, meaning the FIRRIB/FIBRIR debate doesn't matter here.

Now can we get back to discussing our potential Hasbro Prime Frenzy toy?
Thank you. :APPLAUSE:

Though, the Takara versions of Prime Rumble and Prime Frenzy have their colors switched. 8-}
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1449129)
Posted by That Bot on December 24th, 2012 @ 10:30pm CST
That's Japan being consistent with their version of the TF universe, I guess. Have there been any other versions of Frumble in Japanese TF media?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Prime Frenzy Test Shot (1449132)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 24th, 2012 @ 10:49pm CST
Then again, Hasbro gave birth to the Aligned continuity, so I guess we could consider Aligned Rumble and Frenzy officially blue and red respectively. Japan's just doing what they've pretty much done the whole time.

Click here to view an additional 21 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson
Twincast / Podcast #91:
"History Lesson"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 21st, 2014