Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake

Transformers News: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake

Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 11:31AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Rumors, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 57,025

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com member NovaSentinel recently sent an e-mail to Hasbro UK concerning the question if the previously revealed Transformers Prime Voyagers Ultra Magnus, Thundertron and Skyquake would be released in the UK and not just Asia.
This is the reply:
Thank you for your email:

Our Marketing Department have just informed us that an update has been received regarding your enquiry and we are actually planning to bring in RID Voyager Skyquake, Ultra Magnus and Thundertron later in the year. (I'm guessing they are voyager wave 4)

Kind regards

Hasbro UK


Now take this with a grain of salt, since it's from Hasbro UK, this might also confirm a main land European release and a release in US markets.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): NovaSentinel, Hasbro UK
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1396994)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2012 @ 11:43am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Now take this with a grain of salt, since it's from Hasbro UK, this might also confirm a main land European release and a release in US markets.
Here's hoping, at least.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1396997)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2012 @ 11:56am CDT
Hasbro UK is not Hasbro Europe, just to warn you. Case in point: the UK has Deluxe wave 2 in for over a month, while the mainland is still waiting on it.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1396998)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 4th, 2012 @ 11:58am CDT
Skyquake, Magnus, and Thundertron better come to the US.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397001)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 4th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CDT
When I see it, Hasbro. When I see it. >:oP
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397003)
Posted by Va'al on July 4th, 2012 @ 12:04pm CDT
Good to hear, but I have my pile of salt ready.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397007)
Posted by That Bot on July 4th, 2012 @ 12:10pm CDT
If they're getting a UK release, they'll probably get a US release. Also, what about Dreadwing? He needs love, too. :P
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397018)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 4th, 2012 @ 12:32pm CDT
it would be stupid not to mass release them, you cant have a main toyline with only a few voyagers. Hasbros really dropping the ball with this toyline, from selection to pricing they have no idea what they are doing.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397019)
Posted by Va'al on July 4th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hasbro UK is not Hasbro Europe, just to warn you. Case in point: the UK has Deluxe wave 2 in for over a month, while the mainland is still waiting on it.


I keep hearing this, but East Anglia has seen NOTHING.
And I've tried every shop I could think of, from supermarkets to toy stores to miscellanea.

:-(
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397025)
Posted by craggy on July 4th, 2012 @ 1:08pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hasbro UK is not Hasbro Europe, just to warn you. Case in point: the UK has Deluxe wave 2 in for over a month, while the mainland is still waiting on it.


I keep hearing this, but East Anglia has seen NOTHING.
And I've tried every shop I could think of, from supermarkets to toy stores to miscellanea.

:-(

Do you want some?
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397030)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 4th, 2012 @ 1:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Now take this with a grain of salt, since it's from Hasbro UK, this might also confirm a main land European release and a release in US markets.
Here's hoping, at least.


This.

x infinity +1.

The libe has been out for over six months in the UK, in that time they have released two new deluxes.

Must try harder H'UK :HEADHURTS:
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397039)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CDT
That Bot wrote:Also, what about Dreadwing? He needs love, too. :P
He's coming. The next wave after Starscream and Bulkhead (both of which are out now).
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397041)
Posted by craggy on July 4th, 2012 @ 1:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:Also, what about Dreadwing? He needs love, too. :P
He's coming. The next wave after Starscream and Bulkhead (both of which are out now).

Have they been seen in the UK at all? Or is Hasbro UK skipping this wave?
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397044)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2012 @ 1:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:Also, what about Dreadwing? He needs love, too. :P
He's coming. The next wave after Starscream and Bulkhead (both of which are out now).


I thought Skyquake was first?

*EDIT* Derp, Dreadwing is indeed first.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397046)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 4th, 2012 @ 2:00pm CDT
Yes!!!
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397049)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2012 @ 2:07pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:Also, what about Dreadwing? He needs love, too. :P
He's coming. The next wave after Starscream and Bulkhead (both of which are out now).


I thought Skyquake was first?
They announced Skyquake first back when the toy was in its prototype stages (though, this was even before the First Editions were out), then they switched over to it being Dreadwing instead. It was only recently that we learned that the Skyquake deco wasn't canceled as previously thought.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397059)
Posted by Va'al on July 4th, 2012 @ 2:36pm CDT
craggy wrote:
Va'al wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hasbro UK is not Hasbro Europe, just to warn you. Case in point: the UK has Deluxe wave 2 in for over a month, while the mainland is still waiting on it.


I keep hearing this, but East Anglia has seen NOTHING.
And I've tried every shop I could think of, from supermarkets to toy stores to miscellanea.

:-(

Do you want some?


What do you mean "some"?

I'm still kind on the fence about Ratchet, and have no love for Arcee.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397099)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 4th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CDT
i want all 3 plus breakdown badly.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397127)
Posted by craggy on July 4th, 2012 @ 6:30pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
craggy wrote:
Va'al wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hasbro UK is not Hasbro Europe, just to warn you. Case in point: the UK has Deluxe wave 2 in for over a month, while the mainland is still waiting on it.


I keep hearing this, but East Anglia has seen NOTHING.
And I've tried every shop I could think of, from supermarkets to toy stores to miscellanea.

:-(

Do you want some?


What do you mean "some"?

I'm still kind on the fence about Ratchet, and have no love for Arcee.

those are the only two new ones that have popped up hereabouts. Ratchet is pretty cool though.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397150)
Posted by Cyberseven on July 4th, 2012 @ 8:28pm CDT
I am not holding my breath that these or other voyagers will make it to us here in the U.S. Even if Hasbro announces they will at SDCC. Until I here about, or see them hitting shelves here, I am making sure I at least preorder the Takara Voyagers Characters I want in my collection.

If things change I may cancel some of my preorders, but for now my preorders stay.

I have preordered the following, as I want these figures for my Prime set for sure:

Breakdown, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, Skyquake, Dreadwing, and Unicron.

Any others I am willing to take the chance on a U.S. release.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397164)
Posted by TimothyR on July 4th, 2012 @ 10:00pm CDT
i love how hasblo has decided to screw us over on breakdown.

makes absolutely no sense... especially if they're going to to have a repaint of him that'll be show accurate.. that gives people a reason to buy this mold multiple times.

you'd think after the whole first edition fiasco, they'd steer clear of screwing us over for a while.. looks like they're back up to their old BS.

i swear. i'm at the point where they've put such a sour taste in my mouth, that i'm not even looking forward to any of this stuff. which is a shame, breakdown looks incredible, that unicron looks awesome, skyquake and dreadwing are killer, same with magnus and deluxe ironhide. but i feel like i've lost the itch to NEED these things.

i'm just waiting for december to get here. MP sideswipe, red alert, and soundwave can't come soon enough, same with hot toys dx02 joker and hot toys loki.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397190)
Posted by That Bot on July 4th, 2012 @ 11:02pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:i love how hasblo has decided to screw us over on breakdown.

makes absolutely no sense... especially if they're going to to have a repaint of him that'll be show accurate.. that gives people a reason to buy this mold multiple times.

you'd think after the whole first edition fiasco, they'd steer clear of screwing us over for a while.. looks like they're back up to their old BS.

There is no confirmation that we are not getting a blue Breakdown. Hasbro simply doesn't want to formally announce it to the community at this point, they will probably do so at SDCC next week. The reasoning behind this decision when the Takara iteration of the mold has been in the news for months is questionable, but Hasbro has little say in Takara's marketing decisions. As far as they're concerned, they showed us the prototype at CybertronCon, and now they're going to announce the final product. What Takara did in the meantime is irrelevant.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397194)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2012 @ 11:23pm CDT
That Bot wrote:As far as they're concerned, they showed us the prototype at CybertronCon, and now they're going to announce the final product. What Takara did in the meantime is irrelevant.
If the "they" = "Hasbro", then something's a bit off since the Breakdown prototype pic we saw in the slides at Cybertron Con was of the Takara version since it had Arms Micron Ports on it.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397207)
Posted by RhA on July 5th, 2012 @ 12:11am CDT
Wave 4 in Europe? Never going to happen.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397216)
Posted by AlexSpastic on July 5th, 2012 @ 1:12am CDT
I want to protest these toys coming to America because what we need is....MOAR BUBBLEBEE!!

I went to Toys R Us and I was SHOCKED to only see a dozen Bubblebees hanging on the racks (oh yeah and the blue retool was there too). What do these characters have to offer compared epic-ness of Bubblebee?

What awesome writer decided to replace words and conversation with a series of bleeps and other electronic noises? :APPLAUSE: Why just the other day fans were discussing that witty way he bleeped with perfect timing knocking us all on our collective asses. :shock:

To be cereal for a moment...

Japan hasn't contributed squat to the Transformer franchise. They stopped making and decent stories or video games so why are American markets left out of anything?

This Prime series is the best we have seen in quite awhile and yet it is saturated with crappy marketing of a supremely useless character while American fans are continually denied any chance of getting their favorites.

I suppose in the end some corporate asshole sees a graph showing the huge response given to BubbleBEE by six and eight year old kids and forgets the rest.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397231)
Posted by craggy on July 5th, 2012 @ 3:28am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:As far as they're concerned, they showed us the prototype at CybertronCon, and now they're going to announce the final product. What Takara did in the meantime is irrelevant.
If the "they" = "Hasbro", then something's a bit off since the Breakdown prototype pic we saw in the slides at Cybertron Con was of the Takara version since it had Arms Micron Ports on it.

maybe the fact that Brakedown has Micron ports all over him is why Hasbro is waiting so long to announce him? :-?
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397232)
Posted by That Bot on July 5th, 2012 @ 3:31am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:As far as they're concerned, they showed us the prototype at CybertronCon, and now they're going to announce the final product. What Takara did in the meantime is irrelevant.
If the "they" = "Hasbro", then something's a bit off since the Breakdown prototype pic we saw in the slides at Cybertron Con was of the Takara version since it had Arms Micron Ports on it.

As Cybertron Con's presentation was a joint one with representatives from both sides of the pond, I think it's safe to consider that Hasbro's reveal as well. The only weird thing is that at Botcon, from what I gather, they went back and pretended there was no Breakdown toy, rather than just saying "we can't give any new information right now."

THEORY: Maybe they have a Skyquake situation, where they developed a toy that was originally going to be Breakdown with a blue deco, but around the time the toy would see release, the show was going to debut their MECH upgraded Breakdown, so they changed plans for the first use of the toy mold to look like that. Since that would sort of provide major spoilers for the show, they declined comment. And then Takara does their own thing and solicits preorders for characters they won't see in the show for another six months, so the fandom finds out anyway. Go figure.

The problem is, if Hasbro just comes out and says "Hey, we've got this toy coming out soon, and that one, and another" all through the year, then they aren't left with anything new or special to show off at Toy Fair and SDCC, where they're competing for attention with other toymakers. They need that attention, so they save a lot of big stuff for these events.

AlexSpastic wrote:Japan hasn't contributed squat to the Transformer franchise. They stopped making and decent stories or video games so why are American markets left out of anything?

Well, the Asian exclusive figures are for Hasbro's Asian markets. AKA, everywhere that's NOT Japan. Singapore, Taiwan, China, Korea, those places. They're getting the figures because apparently that's where the money lies right now. America isn't the best place to sell Transformers at the moment, it seems, so they're going to put the best stock where the money is. It sucks, but they're in the business of making money first and foremost.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397283)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 5th, 2012 @ 9:53am CDT
AlexSpastic wrote:Japan hasn't contributed squat to the Transformer franchise.
United, Masterpiece, Alternity, Chronicle, Encore, and whatever else they released in recent years would beg to differ. ;)

AlexSpastic wrote:They stopped making and decent stories or video games so why are American markets left out of anything?
They created the absolutely EPIC manga series Transformers: Animated: The Cool.

Image

AlexSpastic wrote:This Prime series is the best we have seen in quite awhile
That is subjective.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397469)
Posted by TimothyR on July 5th, 2012 @ 9:13pm CDT
That Bot wrote:
TimothyR wrote:i love how hasblo has decided to screw us over on breakdown.

makes absolutely no sense... especially if they're going to to have a repaint of him that'll be show accurate.. that gives people a reason to buy this mold multiple times.

you'd think after the whole first edition fiasco, they'd steer clear of screwing us over for a while.. looks like they're back up to their old BS.

There is no confirmation that we are not getting a blue Breakdown. Hasbro simply doesn't want to formally announce it to the community at this point, they will probably do so at SDCC next week. The reasoning behind this decision when the Takara iteration of the mold has been in the news for months is questionable, but Hasbro has little say in Takara's marketing decisions. As far as they're concerned, they showed us the prototype at CybertronCon, and now they're going to announce the final product. What Takara did in the meantime is irrelevant.


it sucks that we have to wait for conventions to see new stuff from hasbro.

but when ultra magnus, thundertron, and skyquake have already been confirmed for what, wave 4? and we know that dreadwing is coming up in wave 3 voyagers.. where does that leave breakdown? wave 5? or 6? by that point i'm sure that the normal version of breakdown could quite possibly be irrelevant.

plus, i've read before that voyager unicron and breakdown were both takara exclusives.. which, so far, is holding to be true. same with the winged vehicon.

unless sdcc has a whole bunch of contradictory news.. hasbro has once again screwed up, and screwed us big time.

i just don't get it.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397533)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on July 6th, 2012 @ 1:41am CDT
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:As far as they're concerned, they showed us the prototype at CybertronCon, and now they're going to announce the final product. What Takara did in the meantime is irrelevant.
If the "they" = "Hasbro", then something's a bit off since the Breakdown prototype pic we saw in the slides at Cybertron Con was of the Takara version since it had Arms Micron Ports on it.

As Cybertron Con's presentation was a joint one with representatives from both sides of the pond, I think it's safe to consider that Hasbro's reveal as well. The only weird thing is that at Botcon, from what I gather, they went back and pretended there was no Breakdown toy, rather than just saying "we can't give any new information right now."



Ehh, I attended Seibetron con, and it was shown under the Takara panel, where only Takara staff were there. Hasbro had their own panel during different time slots (Where PRID, FOC Starscream, AE Repaints was shown) but no mention of Breakdown. Hopefully he does get a US release... I'm not forking out $48 for a figure with stickers. Plus, the whole micron as a hammer seems pretty dumb... I don't mind a mechtech hammer, chances are, i can gut the hammer part. :lol:
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397535)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on July 6th, 2012 @ 1:43am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
AlexSpastic wrote:Japan hasn't contributed squat to the Transformer franchise.
United, Masterpiece, Alternity, Chronicle, Encore, and whatever else they released in recent years would beg to differ. ;)



Most of the Movie toys were designed by Takara too... Not sure about the Prime figs... Maybe the only PRID figures Hasbro made were Cliff and Bee. :lol:
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397626)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2012 @ 10:10am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AlexSpastic wrote:Japan hasn't contributed squat to the Transformer franchise.
United, Masterpiece, Alternity, Chronicle, Encore, and whatever else they released in recent years would beg to differ. ;)



Most of the Movie toys were designed by Takara too... Not sure about the Prime figs... Maybe the only PRID figures Hasbro made were Cliff and Bee. :lol:
Takara makes (almost) all of Hasbro's toys (I say "almost" since I know Takara didn't make the Energon Grimlock/Swoop 2-pack). I was pointing out the lines that Takara specifically made for Japan without Hasbro's input.
Re: Hasbro UK confirms: Prime RID Voyager Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Skyquake (1397630)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 6th, 2012 @ 10:19am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AlexSpastic wrote:Japan hasn't contributed squat to the Transformer franchise.
United, Masterpiece, Alternity, Chronicle, Encore, and whatever else they released in recent years would beg to differ. ;)



Most of the Movie toys were designed by Takara too... Not sure about the Prime figs... Maybe the only PRID figures Hasbro made were Cliff and Bee. :lol:
Takara makes (almost) all of Hasbro's toys (I say "almost" since I know Takara didn't make the Energon Grimlock/Swoop 2-pack). I was pointing out the lines that Takara specifically made for Japan without Hasbro's input.


More correct would be Hasbro designing the figures for its market, and Takara tweaking the designs and actually producing the molds and doing additional Japan-only designs. but indeed, Energon Grimlock & Swoop, as well as Energon Deluxe High Wire and Kicker were all Hasbro.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014