Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road

Transformers News: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road

Thursday, January 5th, 2012 1:10PM CST

Categories: Toy News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 59,584

Headrobots dropped by the Energon Pub to share some updates on several upcoming projects. Their next release, Centurion, is an upgrade set for G1 Fortress Maximus' Cerebros. The set will feature two new Headmasters, one Japanese style and one US style, plus a bonus power sword. They state this will be a limited release.

After Centurion they plan to release either the long awaited Blood DX upgrade set for the TRU exclusive Deluxe Bludgeon or the Drone upgrade for Deluxe HFTD Tomahawk.

Lastly they are considering moving on to larger more complex projects. They've posted a prototype for a Classics style Trailbreaker homage called Big Road, though for now he's just in the concept stages. Check out their update below.

Update: Site sponsor TFsource has just let us know they already have a pre-order available for Centurion. Click here to view their listing. The set is priced at $59.95 and scheduled to release this quarter.

Hello all,

Before our break for asia new years we thought we would share some upcoming projects.

Our next release is Centurion! Centurion is vintage styled to be more accurate and have better proportions. Contains all these per pack.

-US style head
-Japanese style head
-Bonus Power Sword

Because this is a limited release item and we aren't expecting big sales from this and the retail price is higher. Preorders should be up within 24 hours.

Blood DX. It...still....functions...... This product or Drone will be our next release after Centurion.

Finally, we have been tinkering away at some more complex projects. Here is Big Road, for now let's just leave it as a custom :)

An additional image of Big Road from the Headrobots facebook page:

Another additional image of the Drone upgrade set from the Headrobots twitter account:
Credit(s): Headrobots

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330713)
Posted by Arlekkin on January 5th, 2012 @ 1:27pm CST
Even though Big Road is friggin' sweet.... I think that Hasbro will be releasing Trailbreaker (now called Trailcutter) in the next line of the Classics series... They've done it with Hound and Jazz already....
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330714)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 5th, 2012 @ 1:29pm CST
Call me crazy but I am digging that Trailbreaker...
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330716)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 5th, 2012 @ 1:37pm CST
I wish HeadRobots would stop worrying with giving these guys little open hands. It makes the arms stick out to the side instead of being able to push them against the head level.

Else, no other complaints. Looks fantastic.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330719)
Posted by Mkall on January 5th, 2012 @ 1:55pm CST
I'm strongly suspecting a Trailbreaker from Hasbro in the near future (and a hoist hopefully). If there's no sign of them, I'll happily buy up a Big Road.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330720)
Posted by StryderPrime on January 5th, 2012 @ 1:57pm CST
So i got to wait another year for the Blood DX set.. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330724)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 5th, 2012 @ 2:08pm CST
There are rumors of Trailbreaker and Hoist for this year. Depending on how similar they are to this one... and how G1 accurate, I might get all of em. Glad we're finally getting SOME figure for such a neglected character.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330725)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 5th, 2012 @ 2:11pm CST
I'm a bit surprised they are going after Trailbreaker as well. With a little work I think it will look really nice but I too wouldn't be surprised of Hasbro has one planned very soon.

I still want both Deluxe sets very badly. I need more chromed swords.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330728)
Posted by Poyguimogul on January 5th, 2012 @ 2:21pm CST
Make Haste with that Bludgeon set. Been on hold for minute now :evil:

I use that Bludgeon as my classic bludgeon as it's better scale with Skullgrin & Thunderwing,
and it's body style makes Skullgrin look less movie. Would like that heads & them swords!!!

Trailbreaker looks decent too. Though it looks like a 3rd party. May need some tweaks or just to see in color. Looks good though.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330730)
Posted by Prime Evil on January 5th, 2012 @ 2:33pm CST
Been waiting patiently for Blood DX. That I want badly.

I'm at work so my twitter is blocked, but if anyone can, there is a "Drone" twitter exclusive pic up as well. I'll be getting that too.

And will most likely get Centurion because I never bought TFCon's Stronghold.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330735)
Posted by El Duque on January 5th, 2012 @ 2:51pm CST
Prime Evil wrote:Been waiting patiently for Blood DX. That I want badly.

And will most likely get Centurion because I never bought TFCon's Stronghold.

Added the Drone image from their twitter account to the news post.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330744)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 5th, 2012 @ 3:27pm CST
Trailbreaker looks pretty sweet for just a concept so far. If they ended up making it I would be interested, but I'd rather see one from Hasbro because it would be more affordable.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330747)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 5th, 2012 @ 3:54pm CST
Big Road looks meh. It would have been better if the arms and legs didn't look so thin compared to the rest of the body. Needs some extra interesting detail added in too.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330768)
Posted by Stormrider on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:19pm CST
Trailbreakers head looks tiny. I would love to see a classic version of him
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330773)
Posted by waaaaghlord on January 5th, 2012 @ 5:29pm CST
Just caught the new Drone pictures as well. I've got a lot of love for my MoM Whirl ever since Electron hooked me up with the Gyro kit, and he takes on full Wreckin' duties on my larger scale Classics shelf. Having a smaller counterpart for my smaller scale Classics would be awesome. But can we please have Blood DX first Head Robots? We've been ever so patient.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330792)
Posted by dinogeist on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:26pm CST
My 2 cents:

1- The headmaster kit looks the best of this thread lot. I think the square headmaster face looks better than the round square headmaster face. the round headmaster face looks to over sized & like a SD Gundam huge head on a tiny body. I suspose the tiny sword is cool. This ain't cool enough for me to buy this.

2- IMHO,The blood new head makes no sense. because the toy one of the more awful designs the movie verse created.

3- I'm not liking the NOT-Trailbreaker. the design in both modes seems horrible. it seems like the robot mode is the worst,as it looks like the designer had problems placing the vechicle mode pieces on the robot mode.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330806)
Posted by unicron nemesis on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:59pm CST
Have been waiting for the DX Blood set. Just hope that the colour of the final product will not like what we're seeing in the pics right now..it's a little too red for me.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330815)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 5th, 2012 @ 7:41pm CST
I've always preferred the US Cerebros to the Japanese version simply because I feel the Japanese one looks a little too derivative, but the US head just doesn't look right on THAT body. And doesn't $60 seem like quite a lot for two heads and a sword?

Blood DX is looking pretty sweet. RoTF voyager Bludgeon is a decent enough figure, but HeadRobots' artwork for the original Blood made me realise how much better it could have looked and I haven't been able to get past that. Plus, as Poyguimogul stated, a deluxe Bludgeon would fit better with Skullgrin and Thunderwing.

Not particularly blown away by Big Road. It's a little too Neo-G1 and not enough Classics for my liking. I'm hoping Hasbro will give Trailbreaker the proper Classics treatment too. Seems like they've done pretty much all the pre-movie G1 Autobot cars. Would be a real shame if Trailbreaker and Hoist were left out in the cold.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330823)
Posted by joevill on January 5th, 2012 @ 8:49pm CST
WOW! These are great!!!
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330830)
Posted by Skyfire77 on January 5th, 2012 @ 9:08pm CST
Drone kit is sweet, I've already got a Tomahawk waiting!

Not-Trailbreaker is catching my eye too. Have to see when it's a little closer to being done though.
Re: Headrobots Update: Centurion, Blood DX, and Big Road (1330838)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 5th, 2012 @ 9:30pm CST

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers: Generations - Springer - Sealed - Some Wear - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 18 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers ~ TITANS RETURN LEADER CLASS BLASTER & OPTIMUS PRIME SET ~PRE-ORDER - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 14 minutes 24 seconds
TRANSFORMERS KUP Vintage G1 Action Figure METAL / COMPLETE 1986 - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 47 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Universe NEMESIS STRIKA Beast Machine Recolor 100% Complete Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 47 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers combiner wars wheeljack - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 44 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Fortress Maximus In Hand, Ready to Ship - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 19 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Takara Tomy Skywarp Japanese MP-11SW Authentic & Mint! - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 35 minutes 37 seconds
* Transformers Generations ROADBUSTER Loose Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 26 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents