Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus

Transformers News: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 7:42AM CDT

Category: Sponsor News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 11,659

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

As a follow up to the images they provided us earlier, our valued sponsor TFsource dropped by with some high res images of Takara Tomy's Super GT GTR-04 Maximus! Like all figures in the line he's a reuse of their previously released Alternity Convoy mold. These images give us a much better look at the figure's new head, weapon, and Race Queen mini figure. The TFsource pre-order page can be found at the following link or by click any of the images found below.

Transformers GT - Super GT - GTR-04 Maximus

Update: Clearer, Larger Pics Of GTR Maximus

Update: Clearer, Larger Pics Of GTR Maximus

Update: Clearer, Larger Pics Of GTR Maximus

Update: Clearer, Larger Pics Of GTR Maximus
Credit(s): TFSource
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481523)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2013 @ 8:49am CDT
Alright! He does have a new head. :D
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481585)
Posted by RhA on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:47am CDT
Y'know? It really should be Spike in that dress.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481589)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:57am CDT
RhA wrote:Y'know? It really should be Spike in that dress.
Not when Spike never bonded with Fortress in Japan. ;)
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481610)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 24th, 2013 @ 1:43pm CDT
Wow, that's nice. Excellent detail, and a great little minifigure too.

Although she really needs a shirt with the infamous line "Fortress Maximus Has Come Himself" emblazoned on it.

(Hint: Skip to the 35 second mark to hear the line in question)
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481615)
Posted by The Variable on April 24th, 2013 @ 2:00pm CDT
Now I want to see a Magnus figure paired with Verity... :D
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481619)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 24th, 2013 @ 2:19pm CDT
I'm glad they all have different heads.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481621)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 24th, 2013 @ 2:21pm CDT
Didn't realize he had a new head and sword. Both are very nice.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481632)
Posted by Marcdachamp on April 24th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CDT
Dang. He's really cool looking. The import price is really high, though. I'd love to have him side by side with my Kibaya Max. :sad:
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481642)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 24th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
All I can say is that this piece is one that makes me want to say something here about it. And all I can say is that unless the piece (and its racing queen) have mass-produced paint related QCs, this is a definite contender when it comes to being my favorite piece. Granted, he is still a G1 piece and will not have me sacrifice any other contenders in my "30 strong" project (i.e. 20 G1 Cybertron and their variants, 5 Destron/Decepticon and their variants, 5 Cybertron/Autobot variants of G1 characters). But for me, the only way this can be topped... Takara Tomy would have to either reissue "26" Grimlock or "C-328" Victory Saber... Or just simply an "ALL SPARK" toyline. :lol:

And also... I am with RhA on the idea that they should have made a "Crossformer" version of Spike. Because after seeing his ALL SPARK reboot incarnation, I think he could easily pull it off! :lol:
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481685)
Posted by RhA on April 24th, 2013 @ 4:34pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:Y'know? It really should be Spike in that dress.
Not when Spike never bonded with Fortress in Japan. ;)


The girl bonds with the figure? How?
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481701)
Posted by El Duque on April 24th, 2013 @ 5:47pm CDT
Site sponsor TFsource has received some additional details on Takara Tomy's version of Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex and how it will differ from it's Hasbro counter part. The figure is isn't scheduled to arrive until September, we'll keep you updated as new information and hopefully images emerge. The TFsource pre-order can be found by clicking here.

TFsource wrote:
  • The US version will be white, the Takara will be more true to the white and coloring of the G1 Metroplex
  • The Japanese version will include two guns, the US version just 1 gun
  • It is believed the Japanese version will feature chromed/metallic paint apps the US will not, but this is not confirmed. When we asked Takara did not say yes or no


Image
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481707)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 24th, 2013 @ 6:12pm CDT
RhA wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:Y'know? It really should be Spike in that dress.
Not when Spike never bonded with Fortress in Japan. ;)


The girl bonds with the figure? How?

I was wondering that as well. That, and wondered why he of all people could have missed an opportunity to make a Crossformer joke.

That, and Spike merged with Cerebros. Which makes your suggestion be validly amusing... As he would be a racing "queen". :lol:
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481709)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 24th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
Two guns, eh?

Dammit. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481710)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 24th, 2013 @ 6:35pm CDT
How come we don't get two guns? Scumbag Hasbro doesn't include a second gun in their release of Metroplex...

Image
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481713)
Posted by Mkall on April 24th, 2013 @ 6:52pm CDT
2 guns? That's points for Takara, but I'm not sure an extra gun is worth the extra $100.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481717)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 24th, 2013 @ 7:17pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:How come we don't get two guns? Scumbag Hasbro doesn't include a second gun in their release of Metroplex...

Image


Mkall wrote:2 guns? That's points for Takara, but I'm not sure an extra gun is worth the extra $100.


Have you guys considered that the extra money goes to his "going west-ern" themed musical called "Have Extra Gun, Will Import"? :-?
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481719)
Posted by Mkall on April 24th, 2013 @ 7:24pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Mkall wrote:2 guns? That's points for Takara, but I'm not sure an extra gun is worth the extra $100.


Have you guys considered that the extra money goes to his "going west-ern" themed musical called "Have Extra Gun, Will Import"? :-?

Throw in a couple dancing girl Arcees and you've got yourself a deal!
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481720)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 24th, 2013 @ 7:25pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Mkall wrote:2 guns? That's points for Takara, but I'm not sure an extra gun is worth the extra $100.


Have you guys considered that the extra money goes to his "going west-ern" themed musical called "Have Extra Gun, Will Import"? :-?

Throw in a couple dancing girl Arcees and you've got yourself a deal!


And popcorn. Can't have a show without popcorn. >:oP
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481733)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 24th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, who is that with the Alternity transformer? :???:
GT-R Maximus = Fortress Maximus

Her name is Fortress Maximus? That's... odd.
"Her"? :???:

Oh, you mean the Race Queen figure. Didn't see the "with the" in your original post. :oops:

The Bot is Maximus. The girl is his Race Queen.

It's cool. ;) And thanks. I'm getting this guy. Never owned an Alternity before, and the Race Queen looks rather interesting.
It's not Alternity.

It's Transformers: GT.


KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, who is that with the Alternity transformer? :???:

Also, I will SO wait for the domestic Metroplex release. =;


Just for the record: It's not Alternity. It is a collaboration with Super GT Racing, as a way to celebrate Super GT's 20th anniversary. And as we speak, GT-R Maximus is the 4th and final GT-R GT300 model. And we might see other models be added in a hopes of showing that it is more than a "simple" retooling. Namely because they have 12 more teams and around 2-3 more car models. And trust me, Alternity was just a way to wrap up Takara's original work. This is way cooler. 8)

In all cases, the whole theme is a lot more interesting than me explaining continuities (which is a subject I have been studying for the last 16 years, thanks to RPGs). Because they have fast cars, racing queens, and four GT-Rs that are Prime, Saber, Megatron, and Maximus. All I have are cookies. :lol:

Okay, okay. ;) Well, this will be the first from this line. How's that work? ;) And it's this 'Race Queen' that's got me interested. Won't lie there. :p But he does look cool as well.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481738)
Posted by Rated X on April 24th, 2013 @ 9:13pm CDT
TFsource wrote:

The US version will be white, the Takara will be more true to the white and coloring of the G1 Metroplex

WTF ??? When did white stop becoming white ? Could they be a little more specific ? Do they mean "off-white" or "bone-white" for the American version like we always get ? And I hate when they use the term "G1" without specifying whether they mean "G1 toy" or "G1 cartoon".
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481740)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 24th, 2013 @ 9:16pm CDT
Rated X wrote:And I hate when they use the term "G1" without specifying whether they mean "G1 toy" or "G1 cartoon".


They most likely mean the original toy.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481752)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 24th, 2013 @ 10:51pm CDT
$150.00 more for a second gun, that's the basic gist.

No thanks.

And this is why 3rd parties flourish. Dr. Wu will come along and produce the second gun. *SMH*
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481755)
Posted by Poyguimogul on April 24th, 2013 @ 10:59pm CDT
I like this so much more then I ever thought I would.

The head is really nice. The Girl is awesome.(as are Saber's and Megatron's)

The Master Sword as a "Jack" is interesting. Fortress will jack up your car, Prime will swap the tires and Star Saber will refuel you.

Now you just have to pass Megatron to win!
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481781)
Posted by Nyancatron on April 25th, 2013 @ 3:00am CDT
I want that Maximus... though it sounds like the Japanese version will be the one to get. I'd probably hate the English voices anyway, as they usually sound generic and annoying. Much cooler if it spoke Japanese or didn't talk at all.

AND... i'd probably want one in darker colors too... maybe not the reds and lighter blues of Metrotitan, but the "city at night" look of Brave Maximus would be GODLY.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481784)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on April 25th, 2013 @ 3:29am CDT
Actually a really huge pearly white TF would look great. :-?

But that's $100 extra. Bah, Hasbro it is. I can live without 1 extra gun.


No 2nd gun? Thank the gun laws. :lol:
Image
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481819)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 25th, 2013 @ 7:19am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Image


LOL
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481889)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 25th, 2013 @ 10:31am CDT
2 guns and "more G1" no thanks! Maybe actual pictures will change my mind..
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481920)
Posted by Rated X on April 25th, 2013 @ 12:47pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:How come we don't get two guns? Scumbag Hasbro doesn't include a second gun in their release of Metroplex...

Image



Buy a 2nd Metroplex in TRU and return it without the gun. TRU will have to end up sending it back to Hasbro when the new owner returns it. So stick it right back to Hasbro. :lol:
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481922)
Posted by Nyancatron on April 25th, 2013 @ 12:48pm CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Actually a really huge pearly white TF would look great. :-?


Some see a pearly white Transformer.
40 years as a toy geek tell me to see it as a dark amber Transformer.

Dark blue Brave Maximus night time city For the Win.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481927)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2013 @ 1:01pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:How come we don't get two guns? Scumbag Hasbro doesn't include a second gun in their release of Metroplex...

Image



Buy a 2nd Metroplex in TRU and return it without the gun. It's probally gonna end up in the hands of some kid who would lose it anyway so screw him. :lol:


You practice the unholy, asshole-y art of toy swapping, do you?
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481971)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:40pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:How come we don't get two guns? Scumbag Hasbro doesn't include a second gun in their release of Metroplex...

Image



Buy a 2nd Metroplex in TRU and return it without the gun. It's probally gonna end up in the hands of some kid who would lose it anyway so screw him. :lol:


You practice the unholy, asshole-y art of toy swapping, do you?


Never mind that:

General Rules of Seibertron.com wrote:4. No discussion nor promotion of illegal activities.
This includes but is not limited to drug use, Theft, solicitation of a minor, Illegal downloading of movies and copyright infringement (including the distribution of files such as video game ROMs and PDFs of commercially available books).


Last guy who suggested stealing a Mechtech weapon straight from the package... well, he met a nasty end at the hands of the mods :lol:

So, back to Metroplex and Maximus...

I'm not too bothered with the US Metroplex having only one gun. Sure, it would ruin his symmetry a bit (I'm a symmetry-freak), but with his size, does he even need guns? :lol:
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1481999)
Posted by Nyancatron on April 25th, 2013 @ 3:47pm CDT
I'm not learned on how this new Metroplex is designed, but if the US version only has 1 gun, i guess that means they're not the legs to a smaller bot like with the G1 version.

::Awaits 3rd party creations to use them as legs?::
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482004)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 25th, 2013 @ 4:06pm CDT
Anywho... Today's musical distractions will come from "G1" Arcee's "Arcee, Get Me An Energon Sandwich" and "Prime" Arcee's "Arcee, Get Your Gun".

As for talks of a second gun, I also wonder what the point of him having a gun. Both his appearance in FOC and ALL SPARK did not show him with one. So why now? I mean it does not make me want to get it that much more, as I would prefer using the money on a MISB MP-8 Grimlock. So I guess for me, it should be more about brand devotion (if you do that) before the additional gun. Or, at the very least, treat the additional gun as a spare.

And with that said... And now the musical styling a of Mister Lio Convoy Twitty.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482016)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2013 @ 4:34pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:How come we don't get two guns? Scumbag Hasbro doesn't include a second gun in their release of Metroplex...

Image



Buy a 2nd Metroplex in TRU and return it without the gun. It's probally gonna end up in the hands of some kid who would lose it anyway so screw him. :lol:


You practice the unholy, asshole-y art of toy swapping, do you?


Never mind that:

General Rules of Seibertron.com wrote:4. No discussion nor promotion of illegal activities.
This includes but is not limited to drug use, Theft, solicitation of a minor, Illegal downloading of movies and copyright infringement (including the distribution of files such as video game ROMs and PDFs of commercially available books).


Last guy who suggested stealing a Mechtech weapon straight from the package... well, he met a nasty end at the hands of the mods :lol:


Pfft, who would want to steal Mechtech of all things? Terrible gimmick, if you ask me.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:As for talks of a second gun, I also wonder what the point of him having a gun. Both his appearance in FOC and ALL SPARK did not show him with one. So why now? I mean it does not make me want to get it that much more, as I would prefer using the money on a MISB MP-8 Grimlock. So I guess for me, it should be more about brand devotion (if you do that) before the additional gun. Or, at the very least, treat the additional gun as a spare.


Well, it was never explicitly said what continuity this Metroplex belongs to, so we can assume it is meant to represent Generation One Metroplex, who, as everyone knows, had his two guns.


Also, the TFWiki page lists Generations Metroplex as Generation One Metroplex.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482019)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2013 @ 4:36pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:As for talks of a second gun, I also wonder what the point of him having a gun. Both his appearance in FOC and ALL SPARK did not show him with one. So why now?
I guess it's because G1 Metroplex had guns, and this toy is supposed to be an update to the G1 character/design.

Yes, I know the Metroplex in All Spark is a version of the G1 character, but his using the FOC body design probably excuses him for not having to use guns. ;)
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482025)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2013 @ 4:48pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Or just simply an "ALL SPARK" toyline. :lol:
In a way, there kind of already is... sort of. The All Spark manga promotes current toys like the Japanese Generations and Masterpieces (like with Lambor and Black Convoy).

It's kind of like a reverse of what the American Generations toyline did with it have WFC/FOC toys to promote the video games. In this case, one toyline was promoting other media, whereas All Spark is a medium promoting other toylines. ;)

RhA wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:Y'know? It really should be Spike in that dress.
Not when Spike never bonded with Fortress in Japan. ;)


The girl bonds with the figure? How?
What I meant is, in Japan, Spike is not affiliated with Fort Max like how he is in the West, so the to of them being paired together wouldn't make as much sense in a Japanese context.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:That, and wondered why he of all people could have missed an opportunity to make a Crossformer joke.
I didn't make a Crossformer joke since it simply didn't come to mind.

Rated X wrote:And I hate when they use the term "G1" without specifying whether they mean "G1 toy" or "G1 cartoon".
What goes around comes around, I guess. :P
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482027)
Posted by craggy on April 25th, 2013 @ 4:54pm CDT
I'm considering the Japanese version. As always proper pictures of the actual toys would be pretty great. Even the toy packaging shots of the prototype painted model. They've got to send the artwork off to the printers how long in advance? Can't we get them then too?

Metroplex has 2 handguns. and 2 double-barrelled shoulder-cannon things. And one missile-battery boob. I'd like my Generations version to be as close to that as possible, since those were some of the things I liked best about the G1 toy.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482028)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Well, it was never explicitly said what continuity this Metroplex belongs to, so we can assume it is meant to represent Generation One Metroplex, who, as everyone knows, had his two guns.
I think it's safe to assume that he's IDW G1 Metroplex since the new "Thrilling 30" theme of Generations seems to be more heavily promoting the IDW G1 comics continuity.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482030)
Posted by craggy on April 25th, 2013 @ 4:59pm CDT
RhA wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:Y'know? It really should be Spike in that dress.
Not when Spike never bonded with Fortress in Japan. ;)


The girl bonds with the figure? How?

a cup of coffee at first, then some long walks in the park, eventually, on one special night, after a romantic meal and horse-carriage ride, he shows her his 3rd mode.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482031)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2013 @ 5:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Well, it was never explicitly said what continuity this Metroplex belongs to, so we can assume it is meant to represent Generation One Metroplex, who, as everyone knows, had his two guns.
I think it's safe to assume that he's IDW G1 Metroplex since the new "Thrilling 30" theme of Generations seems to be more heavily promoting the IDW G1 comics continuity.


Does Metroplex even appear in this body in the IDW comics? :???:
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482032)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 25th, 2013 @ 5:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:As for talks of a second gun, I also wonder what the point of him having a gun. Both his appearance in FOC and ALL SPARK did not show him with one. So why now?
I guess it's because G1 Metroplex had guns, and this toy is supposed to be an update to the G1 character/design.

Yes, I know the Metroplex in All Spark is a version of the G1 character, but his using the FOC body design probably excuses him for not having to use guns. ;)

Mindmaster wrote:Well, it was never explicitly said what continuity this Metroplex belongs to, so we can assume it is meant to represent Generation One Metroplex, who, as everyone knows, had his two guns.


Also, the TFWiki page lists Generations Metroplex as Generation One Metroplex.


Here is the irony - ALL SPARK is a reboot of G1 that includes WFC/FOC designs. So you both probably pegged the reason on the head. ;)^ Granted, the manga series primarily promotes the toys more than having an excuse to make it a new G1 line... But this might explain why they chose to go with a more G1 feel. (And why I might pass, as I have the Encore version.) ;)
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482038)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Well, it was never explicitly said what continuity this Metroplex belongs to, so we can assume it is meant to represent Generation One Metroplex, who, as everyone knows, had his two guns.
I think it's safe to assume that he's IDW G1 Metroplex since the new "Thrilling 30" theme of Generations seems to be more heavily promoting the IDW G1 comics continuity.


Does Metroplex even appear in this body in the IDW comics? :???:
It's still possible for him to do so at a later point. ;)

I mean, they make a new toy for him in a line heavily promoting the IDW stuff, coming out at a time when Metroplex's species, the Metrotitans, are relatively important to the story. It makes sense when the pieces are put together. :D
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482043)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2013 @ 5:37pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Well, it was never explicitly said what continuity this Metroplex belongs to, so we can assume it is meant to represent Generation One Metroplex, who, as everyone knows, had his two guns.
I think it's safe to assume that he's IDW G1 Metroplex since the new "Thrilling 30" theme of Generations seems to be more heavily promoting the IDW G1 comics continuity.


Does Metroplex even appear in this body in the IDW comics? :???:
It's still possible for him to do so at a later point. ;)

I mean, they make a new toy for him in a line heavily promoting the IDW stuff, coming out at a time when Metroplex's species, the Metrotitans, are relatively important to the story. It makes sense when the pieces are put together. :D


True, true.

I really hope they make toys of the Decepticon Justice Division (Tarn at least) and Overlord based on their IDW designs.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482051)
Posted by craggy on April 25th, 2013 @ 6:18pm CDT
there was some ballyhoo about Hasbro and IDW working closer together to make sure the designs matched across toy and comic book appearances. (read: Hasbro sending IDW model sheets for their artists to work from...which is only sensible in a licensed property)
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482186)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 26th, 2013 @ 4:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Bumblebee looks shinier.



So does OP, at least his blue parts. Sometimes (like with BH Shockwave) the shiny Takara finishes look better. But for these two little guys, I think it's out of place.
But Bee was shiny in the FOC game.

Sabrblade wrote:What's with TFSource's labeling these Fall of Cybertron figures? They're not.
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482224)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Bumblebee looks shinier.



So does OP, at least his blue parts. Sometimes (like with BH Shockwave) the shiny Takara finishes look better. But for these two little guys, I think it's out of place.
But Bee was shiny in the FOC game.

Sabrblade wrote:What's with TFSource's labeling these Fall of Cybertron figures? They're not.
Bee's Robot mode body design still originated from the video game, thus the toy can be repurposed into WFC/FOC Bee (as I imagine many will do since a near-Scout sized figure of the guy has been wanted since the Deluxe's large size was first shown).
Re: High Quality Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GTR-04 Maximus (1482774)
Posted by RhA on April 28th, 2013 @ 3:50am CDT
craggy wrote:
RhA wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:Y'know? It really should be Spike in that dress.
Not when Spike never bonded with Fortress in Japan. ;)


The girl bonds with the figure? How?

a cup of coffee at first, then some long walks in the park, eventually, on one special night, after a romantic meal and horse-carriage ride, he shows her his 3rd mode.


Head on! :lol:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014