Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images

Transformers News: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 8:35AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,300

Thanks to Amazon Japan we have higher quality official images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Go! line. The figures included are:

• G11 Optimus Prime
  • EG03 Prowl
  • EG04 Smokescreen
  • EG05 Hound
  • EG06 Megatron
  • EG07 Starscream
  • EG08 Airachnid

The images below are linked to their respective Amazon Japan pre-order pages:

Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474540)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 27th, 2013 @ 8:42am CDT
DAT STARSCREAM AND SOUNDWAVE!!! =P~ =P~ i need them.
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474542)
Posted by Va'al on March 27th, 2013 @ 8:43am CDT
Shockwave looks magnificent. Logical.
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474548)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 27th, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
only getting bulkhead
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474551)
Posted by xyl360 on March 27th, 2013 @ 9:31am CDT
All Deluxes and Voyagers preordered. Looks like I won't be disappointed :).

Looks like Takara fixed Prime, Shockwave, Starscream, Soundwave and Bulkhead. No funky colors going on.

No swirly plastics on Bumblebee or Wheeljack either, that's a bonus :).
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474554)
Posted by RAcast on March 27th, 2013 @ 10:14am CDT

They actually painted Predaking's wings, but the voyager is still terribad.

I'm still not sure why people are gushing over Shockwave, all they did was switch the nice dark grey for that horrible looking light grey plastic, though the beast bits look nicer in dark grey, why would you want them? XD If anything, it looks FAR more blue than it should, but that could just be the lighting.

Bee is the same, Bulkhead looks MILES better though. I appreciate the homage that BH Bulk was doing...but it just looked awful.

I'm not impressed by Takara's take on Wheeljack, I'm partial to the BH version.

Screamer and Soundwave though? Ohhhh MAN, did Takara get those right, or did they get them right!?
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474569)
Posted by Henry921 on March 27th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Shockwave looks magnificent. Logical.

He and Soundwave are on my "must have" list. Think I'll pass on Screamer.

As for the Autobots, while many of them look better, Bulkhead's the only one really tempting me away from the Hasbro releases.
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474573)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 27th, 2013 @ 1:37pm CDT
Optimus looks pretty good. I don't know whether it's simply the lighting, but his white looking teeth make a big difference to that face. Have to question why they painted the side windows yellow instead of blue, mind. Definite purchase.

I like that they've put the Ultimate Predaking detail of colours on to the voyager, but I'm still waiting on a review of the Ultimate one before coming to a conclusion as to which version to get. (Ultimate Predaking looks to have such a lazy transformation.)

I'm torn on Shockwave as there's little difference I can see apart from a toned down purple (the armour pieces are insignificant no matter what colour they are). Need in-hand images.

Bumblebee. What about it?

Bulkhead looks really boring. They could've at least coloured his weapon to give him a little something.

Wheeljack's pretty boss. I thought the Hasbro version was a bit too busy colour wise, so I like this toned down version.

Starscream looks to have inherited Megatron's colours. Interesting.... :-? Blander colours than the Hasbro one, but so much better.

And I don't know what I've been smoking, but the first thing I thought of when I looked at Soundwave was an Oompa Loompa. 8-}

Mkall wrote:I don't see anything here that I don't need. I'll stick with Hasbro's versions of what few characters I want.

Double negative, dude.:P
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474583)
Posted by Mkall on March 27th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:

Double negative, dude.:P

No caffeine this morning.
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474597)
Posted by ausbot on March 27th, 2013 @ 4:08pm CDT
That bulkhead will be mine, but I wish they would do that mini hound in swindle colors.
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474631)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2013 @ 9:48pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Optimus looks marginally better, but all they did was switch Synth-en green for energon blue, so meh.
Only for the sword and windows. His eyes and other translucent plastic parts appear to still be green. ;)
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474726)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 28th, 2013 @ 10:30am CDT
camzilla51 wrote:That awkward moment when your translucent missiles are a different color on the tip than the end poking out.
(Prime, we're looking at you.) :-$

It seems like that whole image is poorly shopped, because it doesn't seem possible to have those two colors of clear plastic exist within the same mold. The windows are blue, yet the shoulder hinges are green? :???: I smell shenanigans.

Still, for what these images are supposed to do, I get the end idea that Takara looks to be promising. Blue where the green was, end of story.

Using two colors of clear plastic for a main-line figure has been done before, albeit rarely. Clear plastic for hinges is a bad idea from the start, so one would hope TakaraTomy uses the regular kind.
Re: High Quality Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Images (1474728)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2013 @ 10:32am CDT
(Prime, we're looking at you.) :-$

Maybe they painted some of the translucent plastic. It's possible to do that and maintain the plastic's translucence, since fan customizer Cheetimus Primal does it often with his repaint jobs.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip