High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe

Transformers News: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014 11:18PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 37,646

LA10 Scorn

LA11 Strafe

Credit(s): Toys 'R' Us Japan

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587784)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:By way of Toys 'R' Us Japan, we have some nice high rez promo images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe. These are the Takara release of the Hasbro Power Attackers Scorn and Strafe. The images have been mirrored for your convenience.

LA10 Scorn

LA11 Strafe

These look good but I don't see anything different to recommend these over the US versions
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587787)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:46pm CDT
Since we're discussing the figure here's Power Battler Scorn

And for fun here's one stepish Bumblebee, I guess this is the new Camerro mold.

Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587788)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:48pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

LA10 Scorn

LA11 Strafe

Hasbro's versions have different paint apps and no chrome:

Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587795)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:04am CDT
Hasbro Scorn hands down. Strafe is up in the air, based on personal preference.
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587797)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:20am CDT
megatronus wrote:Hasbro Scorn hands down. Strafe is up in the air, based on personal preference.

I didn't mean there weren't differences, just not enough to make me sell everything and give Takara my money.

Oh by the way, Strafe is up in the air, good one!
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587798)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:40am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Oh by the way, Strafe is up in the air, good one!

I didn't even realize I did that. Huzzah! :lol:
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587800)
Posted by xyl360 on July 4th, 2014 @ 1:20am CDT
I wasn't planning on getting any of these kiddified versions, but those paint apps are frickin' sweet, especially on Scorn. I LOVE the chrome. I think I'm gonna have to get him, not sure about Strafe though; I need to compare him to his deluxe counterpart more first.
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587802)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 4th, 2014 @ 1:49am CDT
Scorn looks pretty cool in silver, if that was the hasbro version id be tempted to get one. Strafe still looks terrible, i saw the hasbro one at walmart today & its worse in person. Even with a good paint job a bad mold is still a bad mold.
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587805)
Posted by xyl360 on July 4th, 2014 @ 2:01am CDT
By the way guys, I think BBTS knows something about Scorn that we do not :P:[quote]The Pop! WWE Hulk Hogan is a 3.75" not articulated vinyl figure.[/quote]Either that, or they're just providing an observation about an unrelated toy for some reason :lol:
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587831)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:37am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Autobot Dash wrote:Hasbro should divide the movie toy line in Adults and Childrens.
All mix it's not a good idea, because they don't do very detailed and complex toys, and in the same time, not so simple as might be.
It turns out that does not do very well in either sides.

They already did, with the gimmicky "Robots in Disguise" toys and the more complex "Generations Series M4" for the older kids (8+ instead of the usual 5+) and collectors. The Generations toys are of the "traditional" style, including the Deluxe, Voyager and Leader Classes.

They need to separate the complex and better ones for adults, and make the same characters, in same class size, but in less complex versions to children.
Yes, is a dream. hahahaha :grin: :grin:
But in my opinion is the better way to satisfying all the fans.

I don't know if is my mind only, but in general the toys fell in complexity, even those targeted to adults or older kids.

Sabrblade wrote:
autobot1979 wrote:If Generations are meant to adults collectors why don't we have all the Decepticons in this Generations Line? It's so frustrating for me as a collector to have just Autobots. We deserve more respect from Hasbro.
What Decepticons are you talking about?

And, no, we DON'T deserve anything from Hasbro. We are not their target audience. The fact that they're even bothering to think about us older fans at all is a generous mercy unto itself.

We are not that "market share" for them??? :shock:

Observedhalo wrote:

I for one want leader class lockdown, Galvatron and Junkheap. Junkheap should be leader so he can split into three deluxe sized drones. Lockdown should have a Deluxe sized vehicle mode and a leader sized robot mode, and have all his weapons and mask. Maybe we will get the Vehicons in later waves, of in the interim years.

I can't visualize a Leader Galvatron. How can a robot like him (I don't see any vehicle part in his body!!) transform into a Freightliner Argosy without a HUGE backpack? :-(
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587835)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:47am CDT
Autobot Dash wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
What Decepticons are you talking about?

We are not that "market share" for them??? :shock:

Nope. We do get acknowledged by Hasbro, despite making up about... 5%-10%? And they do monitor fan sites, but that's it. All the collector-oriented stuff are still sold as "children's toys" for greater exposure, possibly leading to more sales. Convention Exclusives can be exempted, but overall, the real Collector's Items are done by licensees like FunPub.
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587838)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:04am CDT

How recent is that ~10% statistic?
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587841)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:14am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:I wish they visually separated the "collector" and "kiddie" toys. I keep picking up the... I dunno what they're called, one of the simple attack-gimmick things thinking they're Deluxes. And I got the benefit of fan-sites telling me there's a difference, I can't imagine being a clueless parent trying to figure this all out.

Like they did with the first two Movies (FAB's and such)? True, I almost died with I saw the new AoE toys at my local toy store, but upon closer inspection I saw they weren't Generations, but Power Battlers. Very deceptive.
I will give credit to Hasbro for the attempt of unifying the packaging across the whole line and the planned separation of Young Kids vs. Collectors (and Older Kids), if they made the differences between Power Battlers and Deluxes just a tad clearer, it would be perfect.

[quote]How recent is that ~10% statistic?[/quote]

It's been a steady estimate for the past few years, some say it's an optimistic 20%. I don't think Hasbro has actively tried to measure it tho.
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587844)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:23am CDT
Thanks for this information. I didn't know that.
I knew that the collectors are in less porcentage, but I tought about 25%, 35%...
Is a deluded vision... :oops:
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587846)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:33am CDT
Autobot Dash wrote:Thanks for this information. I din't know that.
Is a deluded vision... :oops:

Don't be sad, we have enough of a presence for Hasbro to cater to us in the shape of exclusives and conventions, not to mention allowing us to see product in advance with their blessing. Besides, we do get shout-outs at times, that's saying something.
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587858)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 4th, 2014 @ 11:03am CDT
Some thread cleanup completed.

Guys, please use the edit button if you have more thoughts, instead of starting a new post, or utilizing multiple posts. Thank you.

As for our worth to Hasbro? I do believe they said at this year's panel that we have more pull and bigger numbers than previous years.
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587868)
Posted by theghan on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:16pm CDT
Here's some size comparison for you-

Posted more pics here:
transformers-aoe-stomp-and-chomp-grimlock-picture-review-p1587857.php#p1587857

Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587877)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
theghan wrote:Here's some size comparison for you-

Posted more pics here:
transformers-aoe-stomp-and-chomp-grimlock-picture-review-p1587857.php#p1587857

That thing is HUGE :shock:
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587879)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:38pm CDT
megatronus wrote:That thing is HUGE :shock:
It's roughly Fort Max/Titan Metroplex-sized, only far more simplistic and sparsely articulated.
Re: High Resolution Images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe (1587881)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:39pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
theghan wrote:Here's some size comparison for you-

Posted more pics here:
transformers-aoe-stomp-and-chomp-grimlock-picture-review-p1587857.php#p1587857

That thing is HUGE :shock:

My little cousin saw this at botcon when it was open to the public. He wants it for Christmas now. Can we have a size comparison with Generation Metroplex?

Ending Soon On eBay

2012 Hasbro Transformers Generations Classics Powerdive TRU Asia Exclusive NY - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 32 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars CHEETOR complete Hasbro Red Eye Cheetor Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 3 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Die-Cast Titanium Optimal Optimus New RID 6 in Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 6 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Japan UNITED UN-20 GENERATIONS RUMBLE - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 23 minutes 28 seconds
Rare Vintage 1987 G1 Transformers Monstorbot Repugnus 100% COMPLETE W/BOOK - Time Remaining: 8 days 3 hours 38 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers DIRGE New Commemorative Reissue 2003 Factory Sealed GENERATION 1 - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 16 minutes 17 seconds
2016 Transformers Botcon Exclusive Tigatron New Sealed in Bag - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 3 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Generations THUNDERWING Deluxe Class Loose 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 34 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive