Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger

Transformers News: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 1:34AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 26,665

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Again from Toys 'R' Us Japan, from the Takara Movie Advanced line we get high resolution images of AD27 Bumblebee and AD28 Snarl. Neither one strays too far from their Hasbro counterparts. As an added bonus we get a look a LA12 Stinger which is the Takara version of the Hasbro one-step Stinger figure.

AD27 Bumblebee

Transformers News: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger

Transformers News: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger

AD28 Snarl

Transformers News: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger

Transformers News: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger

LA12 Stinger

Transformers News: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger

Transformers News: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger

Transformers News: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger
Credit(s): Toys 'R' Us Japan
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588609)
Posted by Ultra Markus on July 8th, 2014 @ 2:02am CDT
snarl looks really nice!!!
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588613)
Posted by xyl360 on July 8th, 2014 @ 2:33am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:snarl looks really nice!!!

Agreed. That bot mode looks badass. I particularly like the torso's shape and techie details. Very cool.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588627)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:52am CDT
Snarl looks groovy, yeah baby!
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588628)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:53am CDT
Love the details and how Stinger look in general. Unfortunately, he's just a one-step-changer. :/
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588633)
Posted by wilcosu35 on July 8th, 2014 @ 5:23am CDT
that snarl looks great
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588640)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:36am CDT
Bumblebee car mode is ugly to me... :-(

But Snarl looking great!

Stinger deserve a bigger figure.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588659)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 8th, 2014 @ 8:42am CDT
again we see the cons getting shafted. theother 2 look nice though. i want a dino made of mtn dew
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588662)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2014 @ 8:55am CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:again we see the cons getting shafted.
Well, what Cons are there for them to make toys of? We've already seen the full product lineup for AOE till the end of the year at BotCon, unless Hasbro pulls out some surprises at SDCC.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588664)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 8th, 2014 @ 9:00am CDT
It's worth noting that AD27 is actually called New Bumblebee, to differentiate it from AD04 Classic Bumblebee aka High Octane Bumblebee. ;)

Sabrblade wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:again we see the cons getting shafted.
Well, what Cons are there for them to make toys of? We've already seen the full product lineup for AOE till the end of the year at BotCon, unless Hasbro pulls out some surprises at SDCC.


The only thing I'd like to is this: are we getting a Deluxe Class Stinger, redeco or not? If not, I'd suggest looking at TFWiki. :-?
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588681)
Posted by Database29 on July 8th, 2014 @ 9:48am CDT
Snarl's chest is Sideswipe reborn! Lol
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588692)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 8th, 2014 @ 10:09am CDT
BB looks great, way better than what were getting here paint wise. Snarl had glorious wrist swivels! Also, they posed him holding his axe right. Stinger is colored correctly, unlike Hasbros bright red stinger.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588752)
Posted by shajaki on July 8th, 2014 @ 1:41pm CDT
snarl looks kickass! anyone know what he differences are between this and hasbros are? in general theyve all been pretty minimal from what ive seen.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588864)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:04pm CDT
Seibertron sponsor TFSource dropped us a line about a new figure in the Takara Tomy Lost Age Movie Advanced line. AD31 is Ultimate Power Mode Optimus Prime which looks to be a retooled version of Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime. The images are placeholders only.

TFSource wrote:Note: Color is not black as shown which is misleading, but it is the image Takara provided, instead this piece features additional metallic paint apps and/or chromed parts and details, unique to this piece. Takara is just using this image as a placeholder before they reveal the final pictures!

This Japan version of Optimus Prime features an updated head sculpt, and remolded body parts, as well as the face mask can be removed easily. There are bonus weapons, and the color is not black as shown but features metallic paint apps and/or chromed parts and attention to detail. It is assumed to be the regular Optimus Color scheme. Note: Details are subject to change, updated images to come.

Set for a November release date, preorders up for $79.95 at TFSource here:

Transformers 4 - Lost Age - AD31 - Ultimate Power Mode Optimus Prime


Image

Image
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588867)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:08pm CDT
Huh, most curious. Wonder what this could be. :-?
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588875)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
im listening. im also listening for a possible hasbro release.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588877)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:39pm CDT
Maybe the Toy wizards at Takara found a way to reduce his backpack. If so, Im hoping that he has a more solid truck bed. Hes probably going to be painstakingly recolored for movie accuracy. For the weapon, I assume its going to be the rifle he used until he found his sword and shield.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1588897)
Posted by Siger on July 8th, 2014 @ 7:17pm CDT
Work your magic Takara, make this undesirable mold appealing enough for me to buy it!
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589102)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 9th, 2014 @ 1:01pm CDT
Having seen Vangelus's review I'm actually quite taken with this mold. Seeing Takara work their engineering genius on it could prompt me to buy it.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589138)
Posted by Fifo on July 9th, 2014 @ 2:38pm CDT
There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589159)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 9th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
Fifo wrote:There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.


Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589208)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on July 9th, 2014 @ 5:12pm CDT
the worst prime mold ive ever seen........i bought one like a moron and returned it that day.

hasbro and takara have dropped the ball on this prime big time! :HEADHURTS:
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589255)
Posted by Madeus Prime on July 9th, 2014 @ 8:46pm CDT
Observedhalo wrote:
Fifo wrote:There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.


Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.


Fifo, Snarl was never in the movie. ;)

And my guess is they won't remold Stinger's head:

Image

Image

Their battlemasks/faces are the same.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589309)
Posted by Spider5800 on July 10th, 2014 @ 1:03am CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:
Fifo wrote:There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.


Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.


Fifo, Snarl was never in the movie. ;)

And my guess is they won't remold Stinger's head:

Image

Image

Their battlemasks/faces are the same.


Sure, their battlemasks are the same, but Bumblebee's toy only uses his face, not the battlemask. It would have to be a remolded head, since we never see a "face" for Stinger.

Image

Hasbro would probably then use that new head to make a "battle mode" version of Bumblebee, lol.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589347)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 10th, 2014 @ 5:51am CDT
Spider5800 wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:
Fifo wrote:There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.


Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.


Fifo, Snarl was never in the movie. ;)

And my guess is they won't remold Stinger's head:

Image

Image

Their battlemasks/faces are the same.


Sure, their battlemasks are the same, but Bumblebee's toy only uses his face, not the battlemask. It would have to be a remolded head, since we never see a "face" for Stinger.

Image

Hasbro would probably then use that new head to make a "battle mode" version of Bumblebee, lol.

Bumblebee already has a flip-out battle mask, though. Hasbro might still retool it, because Stinger never disengaged his mask in the movie.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589371)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2014 @ 8:10am CDT
Image
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589471)
Posted by Spider5800 on July 10th, 2014 @ 11:45am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Image



LOL, is that really his battle mask? That looks very little like the movie. I sure HOPE they retool that for Stinger. It should cover his whole face.

Image
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589690)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 11th, 2014 @ 5:32am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Image

What the heck, Hasbro? That doesn't look like a battle mask, it looks like Bumblebee's wearing shades.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1589748)
Posted by CarWrapKid on July 11th, 2014 @ 11:30am CDT
ObservedHalo wrote:
Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.

I disagree. Even with the super-simplified transformations, they could have worked out a solution to hide the backpack/truck panels inside his limbs and chest. Just look at the Voyager Optimus Prime. Heck, even the Voyager Galvatron wasn't that far off, it was just flat from the back with kibble. If they spent their attention Voyager -> Leader into folding panels, it would make for a great figure I'm sure.


As for the Bumblebee mask, I'm pretty sure that picture was one of several and the mask is infact only half-pulled down his face. It does extend all the way to his chin - but it doesn't look that great regardless.

They would surely do a remold for Stinger's face. It's the most typical thing they do when re-releasing a mold, it's not difficult or anything near unusual for Hasbro to do - especially if they're going the hog to remold all the car chassis.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590320)
Posted by Va'al on July 13th, 2014 @ 10:10am CDT
An update to a piece of news we reported a while back, from Takara Tomy's Lost Age Movie Advanced Line Dinobot Micron Gift Campaign. The four translucent gummy dinos Microns, named after the initial coded retailer names for the Dinobots, will be given for free as of July 19th with any purchase of 3000 Yen or more on Transformers toys at selected stores, broken down as follows:

  • Ivan - Orange Classics Terrorsaur, Toys R Us Japan exclusive;

    Image


  • Paulie - Blue Classics Swoop, Aeon exclusive. Available with the purchase of one of the three, LA-01 Battle Command Optimus Prime, AD-01 Optimus Prime or AD-20 Black Knight Grimlock;

    Image


  • Thunderlips - Purple Classics Knockdown, Joshin Kids Land exclusive;

    Image


  • Sling - Green and yellow Classics Nightscream, Edieon toy counter, Best Denki, Yamada Denki and Yodobashi Camera exclusive.

    Image
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590338)
Posted by Mkall on July 13th, 2014 @ 11:41am CDT
I would've had more interest if they weren't simply transparent plastics. If they were actually painted I might've gotten them.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590349)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 13th, 2014 @ 12:13pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I would've had more interest if they weren't simply transparent plastics. If they were actually painted I might've gotten them.


Their faces seem to be painted. :)
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590352)
Posted by Yweggo on July 13th, 2014 @ 12:22pm CDT
Heh, I want Thunderlips just so I can tell people "His name is Thunderlips."
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590381)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2014 @ 2:41pm CDT
Sling is the only one whose name isn't from one of the Rocky movie codenames, so he's extra special. ;)
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590387)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 13th, 2014 @ 2:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Sling is the only one whose name isn't from one of the Rocky movie codenames, so he's extra special. ;)


...because he's not based on any of the AoE Dinbots at all (unless one can see a dragon in the movie). :lol: I'll hazard a guess as say they choose the name "Sling" because it starts with "S", is one syllable, and it's been used before for a "Dino" (actually a Dimetrodon) in Beast Wars Neo. The other candidate would be "Saberback" from the same line, were it not for its 3 syllables.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590396)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 13th, 2014 @ 3:34pm CDT
And how do I get a set if these in America? I hope this is available through online purchases also.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590400)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2014 @ 3:38pm CDT
Blackstreak wrote:And how do I get a set if these in America? I hope this is available through online purchases also.
I'm sure places like TFSource and BBTS will try to get a hold of some of these to sell themselves.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590406)
Posted by soundwave14 on July 13th, 2014 @ 4:18pm CDT
Has the AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee been released yet?

I would really be interested in getting this.

I can see it is sold out wherever I look but not sure if this is pre-order items.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590408)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 13th, 2014 @ 4:23pm CDT
soundwave14 wrote:Has the AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee been released yet?

I would really be interested in getting this.

I can see it is sold out wherever I look but not sure if this is pre-order items.


All items up to AD17 Darkside Soundwave have been released, with AD08 Bumblebee having been released in May.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590446)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 13th, 2014 @ 6:14pm CDT
Thunderlips? Seriously? Wow. That's right up there with Drill Nuts..

I still say there was a better option than the dragon. After all, there's a wolf mini-con and there's wolves in AOE, so why not fill out the set that way instead?
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590471)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 13th, 2014 @ 6:56pm CDT
so the advanced line is just the name for the takara line of age of extinction figures?
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590475)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2014 @ 7:00pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:so the advanced line is just the name for the takara line of age of extinction figures?
Yep. "Movie Advanced Series" = Takara's release of the Age of Extinction Generations figures.

And "Lost Age Series" = Takara's release of the Age of Extinction simplified toys.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590491)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 13th, 2014 @ 7:33pm CDT
Yweggo wrote:Heh, I want Thunderlips just so I can tell people "His name is Thunderlips."

How funny. I'm guessing he's named Thunderlips since he's good at kissing. :lol:
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590492)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2014 @ 7:35pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
Yweggo wrote:Heh, I want Thunderlips just so I can tell people "His name is Thunderlips."

How funny. I'm guessing he's named Thunderlips since he's good at kissing. :lol:
You'll have to ask Hulk Hogan about that one. ;)
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590579)
Posted by Va'al on July 14th, 2014 @ 4:17am CDT
Courtesy of Seibertron.com user and YouTube reviewer chuckdawg1999, we get a look at another figure from the Takara Tomy Lost Age Movie Advanced line - and it's one of the cheating ones, brought back from the Movie Line that wasn't: Darkside Soundwave, already a Soudblaster-esque repaint of DotM Soundwave! Check out the embedded clip below.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:A new coat of paint doesn't change that this is a cool looking figure with a horrible transformation. Robot and vehicle mode looks great like we've come to expect from Takara/Tomy. Keep in mind that while the Mech-Tech ports are still there, there isn't a weapon included.


Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590582)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2014 @ 4:27am CDT
No weapon? Is that because he got it this way, or is it the official release?

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590688)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 14th, 2014 @ 1:59pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:No weapon? Is that because he got it this way, or is it the official release?

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.


The figure didn't come with a weapon which is a shame since it was one of the best Mech Tech weapons. I've heard the Advanced Wheeljack will be the same, none of Que's weapons included.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590736)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2014 @ 5:05pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:No weapon? Is that because he got it this way, or is it the official release?

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.


The figure didn't come with a weapon which is a shame since it was one of the best Mech Tech weapons. I've heard the Advanced Wheeljack will be the same, none of Que's weapons included.


Now, that's just bullshit.
I bet they want us to pay an extra 20$ for one of those "special edition" Mechtech weapons. :BANG_HEAD:

I mean, not even a random gun or something? The figures just come naked? Is it just me or Takara are starting to get cheap?
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590738)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2014 @ 5:30pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:No weapon? Is that because he got it this way, or is it the official release?

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.


The figure didn't come with a weapon which is a shame since it was one of the best Mech Tech weapons. I've heard the Advanced Wheeljack will be the same, none of Que's weapons included.


Now, that's just bullshit.
I bet they want us to pay an extra 20$ for one of those "special edition" Mechtech weapons. :BANG_HEAD:

I mean, not even a random gun or something? The figures just come naked? Is it just me or Takara are starting to get cheap?
I think it has more to do with the MechTech gimmick of the DOTM line no longer being a thing. And many people did hate them, in general.
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590742)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2014 @ 5:37pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:No weapon? Is that because he got it this way, or is it the official release?

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.


The figure didn't come with a weapon which is a shame since it was one of the best Mech Tech weapons. I've heard the Advanced Wheeljack will be the same, none of Que's weapons included.


Now, that's just bullshit.
I bet they want us to pay an extra 20$ for one of those "special edition" Mechtech weapons. :BANG_HEAD:

I mean, not even a random gun or something? The figures just come naked? Is it just me or Takara are starting to get cheap?
I think it has more to do with the MechTech gimmick of the DOTM line no longer being a thing. And many people did hate them, in general.


Overquoting to say that fine, no Mechtech, but at least some gun, any gun to go with them. For the price you pay, no gun at all, gimmick or not, is really "scroogy".
Re: High Resolution Promo Images of AD27 Bumblebee, AD28 Snarl and LA12 Stinger (1590755)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 14th, 2014 @ 6:38pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:No weapon? Is that because he got it this way, or is it the official release?

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.


The figure didn't come with a weapon which is a shame since it was one of the best Mech Tech weapons. I've heard the Advanced Wheeljack will be the same, none of Que's weapons included.


Now, that's just bullshit.
I bet they want us to pay an extra 20$ for one of those "special edition" Mechtech weapons. :BANG_HEAD:

I mean, not even a random gun or something? The figures just come naked? Is it just me or Takara are starting to get cheap?
I think it has more to do with the MechTech gimmick of the DOTM line no longer being a thing. And many people did hate them, in general.


Overquoting to say that fine, no Mechtech, but at least some gun, any gun to go with them. For the price you pay, no gun at all, gimmick or not, is really "scroogy".


I hate to say the money for weapons might have gone into the extra paint and detail. For what it's worth Dino comes with a new head and arm blades.

Click here to view an additional 268 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014