High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime

Transformers News: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime

Sunday, January 6th, 2013 4:27PM CST

Category: People News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 19,916

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Here is a fun picture of the man who would become Optimus Prime. Itchie7 of reddit who was a classmate of Peter Cullen posted this high school picture of the big bot himself.

High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime

For comparison, here's a picture of Peter Cullen at San Diego Comic Con 2012 ...

High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime
Credit(s): Itchie7 and diablien from reddit
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452453)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 6th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CST
Is it just me or does he kind of look like Shia Lebouf?
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452458)
Posted by megatronus on January 6th, 2013 @ 4:44pm CST
YRQRM0 wrote:Is it just me or does he kind of look like Shia Lebouf?


Just you ;)
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452462)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 6th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CST
megatronus wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:Is it just me or does he kind of look like Shia Lebouf?


Just you ;)


No. He's not alone. He looks like Shia to me as well. Regardless of that, 'ol Cullen's physical traits haven't changed all that much. :grin:
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452469)
Posted by joevill on January 6th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CST
Wow!!!
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452470)
Posted by Seibertron on January 6th, 2013 @ 5:07pm CST
YRQRM0 wrote:Is it just me or does he kind of look like Shia Lebouf?


I said the same thing to the staff before we posted it. Glad someone else thought that too ... they even have a similar physical build.
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452473)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 6th, 2013 @ 5:12pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:Is it just me or does he kind of look like Shia Lebouf?


I said the same thing to the staff before we posted it. Glad someone else thought that too ... they even have a similar physical build.


And lets make it 3. although I didn't see it until after it was mentioned. Never knew he was from Canada either. This is sorta like Ewan McGreggor and Sir Alec Guiness
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452480)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 6th, 2013 @ 5:19pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
And lets make it 3.


You make 4, sir. Not 3.

PrymeStriker wrote:
No. He's not alone. He looks like Shia to me as well.
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452485)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 6th, 2013 @ 5:27pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
And lets make it 3.


You make 4, sir. Not 3.

PrymeStriker wrote:
No. He's not alone. He looks like Shia to me as well.


To quote Early 90's Barbie "Math is hard"
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452486)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 6th, 2013 @ 5:29pm CST
Folks, we have entered the Twilight Zone...

Perhaps this heralds that in the far future, the next Optimus Prime is... Shia Labeouf! 8-}
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452490)
Posted by agentcastle on January 6th, 2013 @ 5:37pm CST
much more *buff* than shia... but damn they do look alike
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452503)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 6th, 2013 @ 6:11pm CST
to this day, he has the same smile. :D

YRQRM0 wrote:Is it just me or does he kind of look like Shia Lebouf?
Aaah, cannot unsee! :BOOM: :lol: 8-} :P
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452527)
Posted by XDMan on January 6th, 2013 @ 7:29pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
megatronus wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:Is it just me or does he kind of look like Shia Lebouf?


Just you ;)


No. He's not alone. He looks like Shia to me as well. Regardless of that, 'ol Cullen's physical traits haven't changed all that much. :grin:
Nah, he looks kind of like Tobey Maguire and Shia Lebouf at the same time.

Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452529)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 6th, 2013 @ 7:32pm CST
XDMan wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
megatronus wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:Is it just me or does he kind of look like Shia Lebouf?


Just you ;)


No. He's not alone. He looks like Shia to me as well. Regardless of that, 'ol Cullen's physical traits haven't changed all that much. :grin:
Nah, he looks kind of like Tobey Maguire and Shia Lebouf at the same time.



Nope. Not seeing it. Leaning more toward Labeouf than Maguire.
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452536)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 6th, 2013 @ 7:44pm CST
Maybe in TF5 (or a later sequel), if they fast forward to a later point in time for the setting, Peter Cullen himself could play an older adult Sam Witwicky, and interact with Optimus Prime also played by himself. ;)
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452539)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 6th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Maybe in TF5 (or a later sequel), if they fast forward to a later point in time for the setting, Peter Cullen himself could play an adult Sam Witwicky, and interact with Optimus Prime also played by himself. ;)


Yes, yes, YES!!! :KREMZEEK:

Hear that Bay? THIS is ingenuity at its finest! :APPLAUSE:
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452549)
Posted by Flakmaster on January 6th, 2013 @ 8:17pm CST
Thank goodness I'm not the only one thinking that he looks slightly light Shia Lebouf.
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452558)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on January 6th, 2013 @ 8:27pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Maybe in TF5 (or a later sequel), if they fast forward to a later point in time for the setting, Peter Cullen himself could play an adult Sam Witwicky, and interact with Optimus Prime also played by himself. ;)


Yes, yes, YES!!! :KREMZEEK:

Hear that Bay? THIS is ingenuity at its finest! :APPLAUSE:


I would forgive Bay for all of his mistakes if we got that. Seriously though, the resemblance is amazing, when I saw the thumbnail I immediately thought Shia was coming back to the franchise before I read the headline. Thank Primus that wasn't it, but really, Shia looks so much like him...
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452579)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 6th, 2013 @ 9:35pm CST
Autobot Megatron wrote:I would forgive Bay for all of his mistakes if we got that.
Thing is, TF4 is supposed to be Bay's final one, so any later sequels could be directed by someone else, so they'd get the credit of casting Cullen as grown up Sam. ;)
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452585)
Posted by Sinnertwin on January 6th, 2013 @ 9:46pm CST
I bet the principal made Peter do all the PA work.
Re: High school Photo of Peter Cullen: The Man Who Would Become Optimus Prime (1452589)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on January 6th, 2013 @ 10:03pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot Megatron wrote:I would forgive Bay for all of his mistakes if we got that.
Thing is, TF4 is supposed to be Bay's final one, so any later sequels could be directed by someone else, so they'd get the credit of casting Cullen as grown up Sam. ;)


You really think Bay will leave after this movie? Hasn't he said he's quitting for every movie?

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS HOOK Vintage G2 Action Figure Devastator Constructicon 1992 - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 45 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Generation One Autobot Skids Mib Box - Time Remaining: 22 days 5 hours 5 minutes 17 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS METROPLEX SDCC 2013 EXCLUSIVE ACTION FIGURE NEW - Time Remaining: 29 days 22 hours 51 minutes 56 seconds
NEW Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy (Optimus Prime) w/ Trailer and Pilot - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 22 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Generations Classics Kup G1 style - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 38 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Generations Orion Pax Optimus Prime Classics G1 Style - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 8 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Classics RamJet and Dirge 2.0 G1 styled loose not complete seekers - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 53 minutes 52 seconds
Generations transformers Reveal the Shield Rodimus Cyclonus exclusive - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 53 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016