HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups...

Transformers News: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups...

Friday, June 26th, 2009 6:28PM CDT

Categories: Game News, Heavy Metal War
Posted by: Psychout   Views: 40,676

This is the Smelting Pool League
Taking the Heavy Metal War and adding extra metal.

The art of the gladiatorial arena retuns to Cybertron as the 4 factions face off against each other in a league that tests both the tactics and experience of the HMW commanders to the limit.

Firstly, congratulations again to Symbiote Spiderman 14 of the Decepticons for being the first ever ICL: Smelting Pool League Champion. His reward will be the alt of his choice for the next round.
Can he retain his crown in round 2, or will the spider get tangled in his own web?
Only time will tell...

...but that time is now - so, here are the budgets for Round 2!
XP limit: 25,000,000 XP
Level: Seven

Everything else - weapons, armour tactics etc. is all up to you and there are no restrictions but, as always, there is to be no resetting once the start date has been passed and the game has begun.

The rules are simple; nominate a single member of your HMW team, calculate a configuration of no more than 25 million XP that falls in the level 7 range, then PM it to 'The Huntmasters' using the form in the post below.
Then, once the game starts, build your warrior and join in the arena battles posting your victories in the special thread in HMW GD and the staff will do the rest.

The closing date for applications is 3rd July (thats a whole week away!) and the game is planned to start on the 6th July.

Also, as an advanced notice, scoring will be simplified - all you will need to do is list your Victories and shut-outs gloats (when your opponent scores 0xp) and this time and we will do the rest.

Anybody of any level can join the game, even if you weren't in round 1, but if you do have an existing SPL character you must re-submit that one, you are not allowed more than 1 league minion. Then, all you need to worry about is your energon, but your faction will be there to help you if you need it...

We have a special prize in store for the winner of round 2 - Make sure you get your characters backstory in order and listed as without it, you wont qualify for the prize...

Lastly, as a final note, please be sure to send configs only to The Huntmasters, If you have any questions please post them below or PM them to either Burn or myself directly.
Credit(s): Psychout

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943221)
Posted by Psychout on June 26th, 2009 @ 6:31pm CDT
It may make the prize interesting to award but yes, the sponsorship rule is still in effect.
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943224)
Posted by devast8or on June 26th, 2009 @ 6:35pm CDT
Vicegrip's in...now where's Thundertron?? :lol:
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943232)
Posted by Editor on June 26th, 2009 @ 6:47pm CDT
Round 2 bout time.

Kick the Tires, light the fires and hope for better than an honourable mention this time out.

Of course, i'm fine with have the most shutouts again. 8)
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943245)
Posted by Burn on June 26th, 2009 @ 7:37pm CDT
Psychout wrote:It may make the prize interesting to award

I'll go sharpen the scissors. :WHISTLE:
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943247)
Posted by Halo on June 26th, 2009 @ 7:39pm CDT
I'm signing Master Chief up again.
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943302)
Posted by DCybertron on June 26th, 2009 @ 9:56pm CDT
I might join, not sure though. :-?
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943362)
Posted by Burn on June 27th, 2009 @ 12:23am CDT
DCybertron wrote:I might join, not sure though. :-?

What are the reasons that have you thinking about not joining?
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943393)
Posted by Anonymous on June 27th, 2009 @ 2:26am CDT
Neo Crusader will be back
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943426)
Posted by Name_Violation on June 27th, 2009 @ 5:24am CDT
heres my obligatory 2 cents.

Really, does anyone think i'm not gonna play?
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943455)
Posted by vaporretarder on June 27th, 2009 @ 7:51am CDT

see ya'll in the pit!
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943527)
Posted by Overloaded on June 27th, 2009 @ 11:55am CDT
I am in sign me up and lets go
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943529)
Posted by Editor on June 27th, 2009 @ 11:56am CDT
vaporretarder wrote:I'll take a stab at this again,...haven't got too much time what with the new baby girl here now,...oh yeah, by the way, she was born friday the 12th @ 1:55pm est and was a happy and healthy 7lbs 12oz :-)

see ya'll in the pit!

DIE AUTOBOT SCU..... uh, sorry, That should read, Congrats on the Baby. See you in Battle.
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943565)
Posted by Firebird on June 27th, 2009 @ 1:22pm CDT
I'll gladly participate a second time

The last round was really fun
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943681)
Posted by DCybertron on June 27th, 2009 @ 5:52pm CDT
I changed my mind,I'm joining.
EDIT:I'm putting Fastech up for this.
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943846)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on June 27th, 2009 @ 11:33pm CDT
I missed it the first time im not missing it again.

so count me in just hope I filled out that form right lol.

all you Cons best watch yourselves :twisted:
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (943969)
Posted by Burn on June 28th, 2009 @ 4:59am CDT
THE BIG PRIZE

Okay guys, we have a VERY special prize for the winner of this round.

Before I say what it is, I want to throw a massive congratulations out to the prize provider, our very own Psychomud for coming second in the BotCon art contest. Check his DeviantArt page to see his Scarface inspired rendition of the Decepticon Apeface, along with other fabulous works, including my personal favourite, Deaths Head.

Getting back to the prize, Psychomud has very graciously agreed to do a piece of artwork based on the winning character of this round.

There is one small catch however.

Your character MUST be an original creation of your own creation complete with a fleshed out bio. It must NOT be a canon character or have much of a resemblance to a canon character (e.g. Optimus Prime1).

Don't like that condition? Well tough. When HMW2 gets here you won't be able to have canon characters under your command anyway so consider this a warm up!

But what if the winner of this round is a canon character?

Simple, it defaults to the highest ranked fan made non-canon character.

So that's it, that's the prize. Create a character, flesh it out in a bio, and win the chance to see your creation drawn and brought to life by a BotCon Award Winning Artist. Pretty cool eh?
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (944047)
Posted by Archanubis on June 28th, 2009 @ 9:56am CDT
Northclaw will return, if only to make sure he has a few dance partners when he enters the arena (about the only place he can go these days.)

I doubt I'll win though, but I've got a peice I commissioned from the Gearsmith on DevArt that hopefully should be finished soon. I need to check.

I gather upgrading our characters is OK so long as we keep within Level 7?
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (944068)
Posted by Overloaded on June 28th, 2009 @ 11:04am CDT
How do we know if we were succesful in round 2
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (944112)
Posted by DCybertron on June 28th, 2009 @ 12:14pm CDT
Do we get to keep the stats?
Re: HMW: Smelting Pool League, round 2 signups... (944170)
Posted by Evolution Prime on June 28th, 2009 @ 1:42pm CDT
You keep track of your shutouts, wins and ties. No tracking losses. Your league score will be tabulated the tournament officials. I personally am going to keep track the number of losses I have (not who I lost to, just the number) so I can keep track of my own league score.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Terrorcon Hun-Grrr Abominus Action Figure 1987 Hasbro Takara - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 38 minutes 3 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HENKEI CLASSIC C-03 AUTOBOT GRIMLOCK - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 58 minutes 12 seconds
transformers beast hunters abominus and transformers generation sky-byte - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 29 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers g1 Shockwave working complete beautiful - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 45 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers 2002 Armada Super Robot,Optimus Prime+mini-con and Comic Book MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 1 minute 38 seconds
EUROPEAN G1 TRANSFORMERS: LEOZACK 100% COMPLETE WITH CARD BACK (1992) EURO - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 36 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen PHOTON MISSILE (RARE)  JETFIRE - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 52 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Decepticon Bonecrusher Deluxe Movie 100% Complete w/ Instructions - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 39 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016