IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots

Transformers News: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots

Wednesday, December 25th, 2013 11:21AM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 30,660

The people at IDW Publishing seem to be busy even in holiday season, as new Transformers comics information appears in their 2014 preview/sneak peek issue! With the release of the next Michael Bay film, IDW will be releasing the Age of Extinction comics adaptation, due in June. In even bigger news? After the end of Dark Cybertron, fan-created character Windblade will be showing up, as promised, in something called Dawn of the Autobots, with Mairghread Scott and Sarah Stone at the helm - will this be a spotlight, the beginning of a new series, mini or full? We'll have to wait for the April solicits to find out, but take a look below at the page from the magazine!

UPDATE: Thanks to the power of Twitter, we have confirmation that Mairghread Scott will be writing at least this one issue, with newcomer Sarah Stone on art duties!

Who is Windblade? In the aftermath of Dark Cybertron, Windblade takes the planet by storm — and Starscream’s not happy about her being there! But where did she come from — and whatdoes her secret mean to the future of the Transformers? A powerful new chapter in the Transformers saga begins here!

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537593)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 25th, 2013 @ 11:44am CST

We were told this here - http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/no-comic-adaptation-for-transformers-4/26407/
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537597)
Posted by Mkall on December 25th, 2013 @ 12:12pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:What? :???: But we were told before that this movie would have no comic adaptation so as to keep the movie's story under wraps and not be spoiled by any comics (as was the case with DOTM).

A lot can change in a year.
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537599)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 25th, 2013 @ 12:23pm CST

Aren't we always told a lot of things about the movies that end up not being true?

As for Wingblade's secret; i'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that she's female. (!). But really, Jhiaxus' crazy experiments must be going crazy after Dark Cybertron. Heck, maybe it's Arcee in an upgraded body?
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537600)
Posted by Neurie on December 25th, 2013 @ 12:24pm CST

It has nothing to do with the movie. The title is misleading, it mentions a comic adaptation of the movie then the next saga after Dark Cybertron for the on going comics: Dawn Of The Autobots.

Windblade is part of the on going continuity, not movie.

Relax people, its just a badly worded article.
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537603)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 25th, 2013 @ 12:29pm CST
Read the post again - it talks briefly about the movie tie-in, but focuses on Windblade
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537605)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 25th, 2013 @ 12:33pm CST
Neurie wrote:This isn't a movie tie in, Windblade is the fan made character thats being released as part of the generations line.

It has nothing to do with the movie. The title is more than misleading, its plan wrong.
[quote]

COMING SOON!

[size=150]COMIC BOOK MOVIES
COMING IN 2014[/size]

2014 IS SET FOR SOME BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE RELEASES THAT FEATURE
IDW TITLES SUCH AS MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN (MAY),
GODZILLA (MAY), TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION (JUNE),
AND TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (AUG).
CATCH THESE EXCITING TITLES BOTH IN THEATERS AND AT
YOUR LOCAL COMIC BOOK SHOP!

[/quote]
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537607)
Posted by Dr Va'al on December 25th, 2013 @ 12:36pm CST
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537610)
Posted by Neurie on December 25th, 2013 @ 12:47pm CST
Va'al wrote:Are the commas that misleading? There are three pieces of news in the article: Age of Extinction, Windblade and Dawn of the Autobots. Was that not clear?

Nah, not really. More a case of people skim reading rather than actual reading. >:oP
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537611)
Posted by Dr Va'al on December 25th, 2013 @ 12:50pm CST
I'll put semicolons if you want. :P
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537614)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 25th, 2013 @ 1:35pm CST
Neurie wrote:

You did just fine Va'al, and Neurie is' right it is the issue with folks skim-reading instead of paying attention the first time. I had absolutely no troubles with the article and there was certainly no misunderstanding and I only read it once.

Now then, as for Windblade... this is a subject I would LOVE to see speculation on as opposed to the movie which I could care less about.
If it wasn't for the fact that they threw in that whole "Dawn of the Autobots" thing I would almost be tempted to throw out some crazy speculations about the "banished" Drift coming back in a new form but 1) that is not a Great Sword that Windblade is holding and 2) I'd have so many people climbing up my exhaust pipe with scorn claims about the ridiculousness of such a theory that it would drive me crazier than I already am.
I'm guessing that she may well be one of Arcee's "sisters" in terms of experiments or possibly even a predecessor that had been abandoned/discarded and believed to be non-functional by Jhiaxus. Wouldn't surprise me if Alpha Trion had discovered her and hidden her away or if she had vanished ages ago with the Knights and somehow avoided Tyrest's notice and was not caught up with Dai Atlas and his group when everything went to hell with the Lost Light's crew discovering them.
So many possibilities and I'm willing to bet that none of our guesses are anywhere close to the "reality" that they present us with. Whatever it is, I'm just glad to see another female bot not only thrown into the mix but headlining it all. This should prove to be wicked fun. :D
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537631)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 25th, 2013 @ 3:33pm CST

As for Windblade's "secret", my theory; she's a Knight of Cybertron. Calling it right now.
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537632)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 25th, 2013 @ 3:44pm CST
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537633)
Posted by Dr Va'al on December 25th, 2013 @ 3:48pm CST
This is Sarah's work, apparently. Very excited to see what happens! :D

http://monsterboysandrobots.com/post/41 ... -long-time
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537634)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 25th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but would sporting an Autobot symbol suggest Windblade is not a member of the Knights of Cybertron? I suppose she could've converted though.

What do I know? I haven't read any of the comics outside of some of the ones that came with several of the Generations Deluxes. I'd like to get into them, though.
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537635)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 25th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CST
lame
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537690)
Posted by RhA on December 26th, 2013 @ 3:24am CST
I am about as excited about Windblade as I was about Drift.
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537695)
Posted by njb902 on December 26th, 2013 @ 6:29am CST
RhA wrote:I am about as excited about Windblade as I was about Drift.

So it's like when you spend some alone time with a video/photo of your avatar's?
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537696)
Posted by RhA on December 26th, 2013 @ 7:00am CST
njb902 wrote:
RhA wrote:I am about as excited about Windblade as I was about Drift.

The opposite, sadly. Nothing that would inspire the use of napkins afterwards.
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537699)
Posted by That_Guy on December 26th, 2013 @ 7:41am CST
I'm wondering if they're going back to Earth at some point. As under Windblade, I see a split planet. One side looks like that of Earth, the other Cybertron. Unless something happens to Cybertron where part of it ends up looking like that.
Re: IDW 2014 Sneak Peek - Age of Extinction, Windblade, Dawn of the Autobots (1537702)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 26th, 2013 @ 8:27am CST
Mindmaster wrote:

Hell, you've read more of the recent comics than I have. The last full arc I finished was All Hail Megatron. I'm just throwing $h!t at the wall and seeing what sticks.:lol:

Just for the record my comment wasn't in response to yours. You must've posted while I was typing.