Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers

Transformers News: IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers

Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 6:21PM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Movie News, Press Releases
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 49,767

Comics Continuum brings us the February 2010 solicitations for IDW's Transformers, along with their accompanying main cover. In our headlights are Transformers Ongoing #4, Transformers: Bumblebee #3, Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers #2, and Transformers Movie Collection Volume 1. You can check out the spoilers and their covers below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transformers #4

IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers

Written by Mike Costa, art by Don Figueroa, covers by Figueroa, Andrew Wildman.

His ambivalence cost him his allegiance. His betrayal set the stage for Autobot victory. His name is Thundercracker, and this issue reveals what he's been doing these past three years after his brutal expulsion from the Deceptiocons in All Hail Megatron! Costa and Figueroa show you perhaps the most unique transformation of all...

32 pages, $3.99.

Transformers: Bumblebee #3

IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers

Written by Zander Cannon, art by Chee, covers by Guido Guidi, Chee.

"Things Fall Apart," Part 3: After leaving a decoy for the Skywatch colonel, Bumblebee embarks on a solo quest to find the device that will free the Autobots. He befriends the child of the one man who holds the device they need, and finally has to ask himself if what he's doing is right.

32 pages, $3.99.

Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers #2

IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers

Written by Nick Roche and James Roberts, art by Roche, covers by Trevor Hutchison and Roche.

The Autobots' finest begin their descent into hell, and all bets are off. The true nature of the Wreckers' mission is revealed and the reappearance of an old enemy drastically reduces the chances of anyone making it back alive.

32 pages, $3.99.

Transformers Movie Collection Volume 1

IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers

Written by Simon Furman, Chris Ryall and Chris Mowry, art by Alex Milne and Don Figueroa, covers by John Nizzi.

Now available in one handsome, oversize hardcover collection, get all the action surrounding the first Transformers film. This volume includes the Transformers Movie Prequel, Movie Adaptation, and the sequel, The Reign of Starscream.

320 pages, $50.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Comics Continuum
Re: IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers (1022532)
Posted by ponycorn on November 24th, 2009 @ 6:31pm CST

From the looks of it he's been stashing nuts in his cheeks like a chipmunk. :P

All pokes at the art aside, this issue will finally address what I've been wondering about since AHM12, good news!

I'm guessing it is Jihaxus in silouette on the cover.
Re: IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers (1022546)
Posted by dragons on November 24th, 2009 @ 7:31pm CST
wow that bumblebee cover looks great he actually lokos like an opponet to be recond with should be intersting that issue, thundercracker loks like movie version of him self except no jetturbine nipples from his g1 self those white things on he side of his head reminds me of the conehead alien poeple but i do like the look & style where they taking the transromers look they actually dont look human anymore they look more robotic now comapred from bumblebee cover
Re: IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers (1022557)
Posted by Samsonator on November 24th, 2009 @ 8:11pm CST
ponycorn wrote:I'm guessing it is Jihaxus in silouette on the cover.
From what we've learned so far about the series, I do believe it's Overlord.
Re: IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers (1022603)
Posted by lowman_x on November 25th, 2009 @ 12:26am CST

Bumblebee is looking hardcore! I wonder if he's befriending Daniel? But then, does Spike even have a wife in this continuity (I don't remember...)?
Re: IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers (1022642)
Posted by ScreamingtonStar on November 25th, 2009 @ 3:49am CST
lowman_x wrote:I never understood why Shane and Guido "retro-ed" them (specifically the Seekers) in AHM.

I believe it was to make them more "recognizable", although the Seekers score extra points with Hasbro for being based off their Masterpiece toys.

lowman_x wrote:I am LOVING that design of Thundercracker!

Really? I know the art criticism has been overdone, but I was willing to give Don a chance until I saw this Thundercracker. God, that's ugly. Maybe I just have a special attachment to the character, but hell...
Re: IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers (1022691)
Posted by Cyberstrike on November 25th, 2009 @ 7:45am CST
lowman_x wrote:I am LOVING that design of Thundercracker! Don's going from strength to strength in my book! And I like how he's modernising them like EJ did (in fact, I think he's taking a number of design cues from EJ's run which is great!!) because I never understood why Shane and Guido "retro-ed" them (specifically the Seekers) in AHM. I'm also glad that Don's open to negotiation with some of the design aspects (faces specifically).

A couple of possible reasons:

1) There is an issue where the Seekers (along with the Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw, Ratbat, and the Insecticons) blew a squandered of Raptors out of the sky and Guido felt it might be confusing to the Seekers be Raptors.

2) Maybe Guido didn't like the design and wanted an old school look.

3) Hasbro and/or IDW told them.

4) Because of the live action movies' Starscream being a Raptor jet maybe the creators didn't want to look like they were taking orders from Bay.

Personally I thought EJ's redesigns of Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp were good for the Furman stories but IMHO the Raptor designs lacked the menace that the Decepticons needed in All Hail Megatron.
Re: IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers (1022750)
Posted by ponycorn on November 25th, 2009 @ 12:46pm CST
I prefferede Guido's Masterpeice/Classic G1 style. I loved being able to read the comic and look up on my shelf and see basically the same thing. Even when I got my US MP Skywarp it was so fun to pose him with G1 Bombshell and re-create their clash in AHM.
Re: IDW February 2010 Transformers Solicitations and Covers (1023004)
Posted by Nemesis Rodimus on November 26th, 2009 @ 10:00am CST
I must get this:

Transformers Movie Collection Volume 1

I have Reign of Starscream, but it's falling to shreds. So, I'll be getting this. SWEET.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism