IDW future plans?
Sunday, September 18th, 2005 8:26AM CDTCategories: Comic Book News, Rumors
Posted by: Raymond T. Views: 13,286
-They are in talks with McDonough and Patyck. Not only that but they're looking to talk to many old school TF writers, not just Furman. Budiansky was brought up.
- Dreamwave TF artists are not being ignored. They want as much TF talent on this as possible and they're being instructed to go with their own style. They want as many different takes on this as possible.
- Don has already finished the first issue of Beast Wars.
- They do indeed want to finish the DW continuity but they simply can't until everything is out of the courts. For the time being those stories are untouchable.
- Except the trades already published! They want to keep those on teh racks so they will be reprinting them!
- For those that expressed concerns with the new TF art do not fear. All the bitching and whining was heard and we were told that the style between issue #0 and #1 will be very different. Same artist, just more technical detail.
- That doesn't mean DW style over-detailing. They don't want to repeat any of the DW mistakes.
- Size shifting is here to stay.
- They're looking to do a retelling of the movie from top to bottom. It sounds like it'll be in it's own continuity.