Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more

Transformers News: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more

Thursday, April 11th, 2013 11:12PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,912

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Our friends at IDW Publishing have supplied us with their Transformers comic solicitations for July 2013:

  • Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #19
  • Transformers: Robots in Disguise #19
  • Transformers Regeneration One #93
  • Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters #3
  • Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters #3—Subscription Variant
  • Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye, Vol. 4
  • Transformers Classics Vol. 5
  • Transformers: Monstrosity #2 (of 4)

Enjoy the covers and brief descriptions below, naturally some could include spoilers so proceed with caution.

IDW July 2013 Solicitations
Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #19
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Sean Chen (c)
BETRAYAL! The Lost Light may be occupied by enemy forces, but that’s the least of RODIMUS’ problems! As he awaits execution, the one-time Matrix holder realizes how little he knows about the people he once called friends. Is there anyone left he can trust? And where does the legendary STAR SABER fit into all this?
2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio

FC • 32 pages • $3.99


*Variant Covers:
Nick Roche variant cover!

Bullet points:
• The game-changing epic REMAIN IN LIGHT continues!
• Major revelations within!

IDW July 2013 Solicitations
Transformers: Robots in Disguise #19
John Barber (w) • Dheeraj Verma (a) • Verma, Casey Coller (c)
THE DEATH OF A WORLD! Gorlam Prime—the entrance to the so-called DEAD UNIVERSE—holds many secrets… and now ORION PAX—the ’bot who was once OPTIMUS PRIME—pries it’s secrets loose. But will it be too late for CYBERTRON?
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio

FC • 32 pages • $3.99


*Variant Covers:
Phil Jimenez variant cover!

Bullet points:
• The countdown to the biggest TRANSFORMERS comic ever continues!
• Who is WASPINATOR—and what is his secret?!

IDW July 2013 Solicitations
Transformers Regeneration One #93
Simon Furman (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Andrew Wildman, Guidi (c)
BATTLETIDE! Opposing factions and forces meet head on, as the battle for
Cybertron (and indeed the future) begins in earnest. BLUDGEON, SOUNDWAVE, GALVATRON, STARSCREAM, and—caught in the middle—the Autobots, most crucially their greatest warrior ULTRA MAGNUS! And HOT ROD meets his maker. Literally.
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio

FC • 32 pages • $3.99


*Variant Covers:
Geoff Senior variant cover!

Bullet points:
• Shock follows shock as total catastrophe looms large!
• The entire universe holds its collective breath!

IDW July 2013 Solicitations
Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters #3
Mairghread Scott & Mike Johnson (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Ken Christiansen (c)
THE BEAST WITHIN! After the Fall of CYBERTRON, GRIMLOCK and his DINOBOT allies are tasked with protecting the last remaining Cybertronians from the dangers of the demolished planet. But as time passes, GRIMLOCK grows more and more uneasy with the rage and power that he’s forced to hold back. Can the AUTOBOT leader learn to control his power or will the beast take over?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99


*Variant Covers:
animation art variant cover!

IDW July 2013 Solicitations
Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters #3—Subscription Variant
Mairghread Scott & Mike Johnson (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Michael Lark (c)
For subscription customers only… enlist up at your local comic shop! A variant cover by artist Michael Lark! Only for loyal subscription box customers!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

IDW July 2013 Solicitations
Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye, Vol. 4
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne, Guido Guidi (a) • Alex Milne (c)
The journey continues as the crew of the Lost Light confronts a band of rogue DECEPTICONS—with terrible consequences. Plus, a visit to the planet Hedonia—and a chance to put recent events behind them. But all the while, locked in a secret cell underneath the Lost Light, hidden from the crew, a DECEPTICON psychopath is talking...without opening his mouth. And, Rodimus and his crew are confronted by the enemy within—and not everyone will survive the encounter.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 128 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-691-9


Bullet points:
• Collects issues #12–15.

IDW July 2013 Solicitations
Transformers Classics Vol. 5
Bob Budiansky & Simon Furman (w) • Jose Delbo, Jim Fern, Geoff Senior (a) • Guido Guidi (c)
The historic comic book roots of THE TRANSFORMERS are re-presented for maximum Cybertronian enjoyment. Rejoin The AUTOBOTS and The DECEPTICONS as their war stretches across the cosmos. Freshly re-mastered and re-colored, these stories are accompanied by an in-depth introduction as well as select issue notes by Mark W. Bellomo.
TPB • FC • $24.99 • 276 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-633-9


Bullet points:
• Collects issues #51-62 of the Marvel series.


Transformers: Monstrosity #2 (of 4)
Chris Metzen & Flint Dille (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Ramondelli x 3 (c)
MEGATRON—DEFEATED? Never! The DECEPTICON leader battles through SHARKTICON hordes, while on CYBERTRON, OPTIMUS PRIME struggles to unite his people—and GRIMLOCK and his rogue DINOBOTS go on a rampage!
*3 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 ratio
FC • 32 pages • $3.99


Bullet points:
• In print for the first time!


IDW July 2013 Solicitations

IDW July 2013 Solicitations

IDW July 2013 Solicitations
Credit(s): IDW Publishing
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478350)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 11th, 2013 @ 11:14pm CDT
STAR SABER!!!! Definitely need to look out for that issue.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478362)
Posted by Super Megatron on April 12th, 2013 @ 1:22am CDT
Finally a REAL Autobot leader shows up!
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478368)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 12th, 2013 @ 1:30am CDT
Super Megatron wrote:Finally a REAL Autobot leader shows up!


Indeed. Rodimus just sucked no matter how hard he tried. As for Dai Atlas....Zone wasn't around long enough to develop his character after he was thrust into position when Star Saber just left them high and dry one day.

So yes, a real leader, but in the end, he just left.......no reason, no motivation, he just said "I'm leaving. Dai Atlas, you're Autobot leader now." and was never heard from again.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478377)
Posted by Va'al on April 12th, 2013 @ 4:08am CDT
...never mind Star Saber - WASPINATOR! :KREMZEEK:

No, but Star Saber is cool, too.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478380)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 12th, 2013 @ 4:13am CDT
Va'al wrote:...never mind Star Saber - WASPINATOR! :KREMZEEK:

No, but Star Saber is cool, too.


He's even worse than Rodimus. I'd say in Waspinator's case, Thrust is better. He wasn't a bumbling fool like his previous self.

Oh, and congrats on making staff.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478382)
Posted by Va'al on April 12th, 2013 @ 4:20am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:...never mind Star Saber - WASPINATOR! :KREMZEEK:

No, but Star Saber is cool, too.


He's even worse than Rodimus. I'd say in Waspinator's case, Thrust is better. He wasn't a bumbling fool like his previous self.


You're just proving the fact that the universe hates Wazzzpinator. :P

Oh, and congrats on making staff.


Thanks! :D
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478391)
Posted by AltarofPlagues on April 12th, 2013 @ 5:56am CDT
Im really looking forward to these. The IDW comic series just keeps getting better
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478438)
Posted by Super Megatron on April 12th, 2013 @ 11:21am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Finally a REAL Autobot leader shows up!


Indeed. Rodimus just sucked no matter how hard he tried. As for Dai Atlas....Zone wasn't around long enough to develop his character after he was thrust into position when Star Saber just left them high and dry one day.

So yes, a real leader, but in the end, he just left.......no reason, no motivation, he just said "I'm leaving. Dai Atlas, you're Autobot leader now." and was never heard from again.


I agree with what you said, but with the exception of having your assessment extended to Optimus Prime as well. Optimus Prime wasn't a very good leader to begin with for many reasons, and Rodimus Prime was basically thrown into a bad situation and he had no control over his ascension. Fortress Maximus, God Ginrai, and Dai Atlas were all good leaders, but Star Saber/Victory Saber just embodied Autobot asskicking goodness that no other Autobot leader can.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478442)
Posted by DTR69 on April 12th, 2013 @ 11:55am CDT
Super Megatron wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Finally a REAL Autobot leader shows up!


Indeed. Rodimus just sucked no matter how hard he tried. As for Dai Atlas....Zone wasn't around long enough to develop his character after he was thrust into position when Star Saber just left them high and dry one day.

So yes, a real leader, but in the end, he just left.......no reason, no motivation, he just said "I'm leaving. Dai Atlas, you're Autobot leader now." and was never heard from again.


I agree with what you said, but with the exception of having your assessment extended to Optimus Prime as well. Optimus Prime wasn't a very good leader to begin with for many reasons, and Rodimus Prime was basically thrown into a bad situation and he had no control over his ascension. Fortress Maximus, God Ginrai, and Dai Atlas were all good leaders, but Star Saber/Victory Saber just embodied Autobot asskicking goodness that no other Autobot leader can.


Ultra Magnus is the best leader. He can fall apart and be put back together in no time, now thats a quality that can't be sniffed at.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478452)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 12th, 2013 @ 12:55pm CDT
YES, STARSABER! I haven't actually read or watched any fiction with him in it yet. Should probably get on top of that so I know what he's supposed to be like.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478508)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 12th, 2013 @ 3:51pm CDT
Oh wow! A Japanese character making an appearance in the West!

Does that happen all that often?
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478516)
Posted by Joetx on April 12th, 2013 @ 4:04pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:So yes, a real leader, but in the end, he just left.......no reason, no motivation, he just said "I'm leaving. Dai Atlas, you're Autobot leader now." and was never heard from again.


The same type of thing happened in Headmasters. Rodimus took off w/ Kup & Blurr, leaving Fortress as leader of the Cybertrons.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478542)
Posted by Blurrz on April 12th, 2013 @ 5:26pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh wow! A Japanese character making an appearance in the West!

Does that happen all that often?


Dai Atlas was the center for much of Drift's backstory.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478814)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 13th, 2013 @ 3:21pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh wow! A Japanese character making an appearance in the West!

Does that happen all that often?


Dai Atlas was the center for much of Drift's backstory.

Ah, right. I've still got that one to read. Danke.
Re: IDW July 2013 Transformers Solicitations: Star Saber, Waspinator, Ultra Magnus vs Galvatron and more (1478849)
Posted by quickmixed on April 13th, 2013 @ 5:58pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh wow! A Japanese character making an appearance in the West!

Does that happen all that often?


Lets not forget about Metalhawk being a major player in RID.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014