Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony

Transformers News: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph  - Transformers and My Little Pony

Saturday, June 22nd, 2013 1:38PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 12,687

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Robbie Robbins from IDW has tweeted an image of IDW Limited's lithograph for BotCon! The artwork is by Tony Fleecs, and features Optimus Prime and the character Pinkie Pie from the My Little Pony franchise. These were already revealed to appear as cover art for My Little Pony Micro Series #5.

Take a look at the image mirrored below.


IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph  - Transformers and My Little Pony
Credit(s): Robbie Robbins (IDW)
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497392)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 4:35pm CDT
Oh dear, here we go again. :roll:

Inb4 swarm of haters:

THERE IS NO CROSSOVER IN THIS, PEOPLE! IT'S JUST A VARIANT COVER FOR A NON-TRANSFORMERS PRODUCT GIVING A SHOUT OUT TO TRANSFORMERS JUST FOR KICKS! THIS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN HAVING A PICTURE OF OPTIMUS PRIME APPEAR ON A BILLBOARD OR A PLAYBOY MAGAZINE COVER! IDW EVEN DID A SHOUT OUT TO SAMURAI JACK IN A RECENT TRANSFORMERS COMIC COVER, WHICH IS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE. THIS COVER MEANS NOTHING BEYOND THE ADVERTISEMENT OF OUR BELOVED TOY BRAND ON A PIECE OF MERCHANDISE BELONGING TO ANOTHER TOY BRAND. THIS COUNTS AS TRANSFORMERS NEWS BECAUSE IT HAS A PICTURE OF A TRANSFORMER ON IT. DON'T LIKE IT? FINE, BUT IT'S NOT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE OF WHAT IS AND ISN'T TRANSFORMERS NEWS. SO, DEAL WITH IT. =;

That said, Optimus's confused expression still looks priceless. :lol:
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497393)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2013 @ 4:36pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:That said, Optimus's confused expression still looks priceless. :lol:


Still makes me giggle. :lol:
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497396)
Posted by STngAR on June 22nd, 2013 @ 4:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh dear, here we go again.....something, something, CAPS, CAPS, words, and more words


I can't believe they ruined MLP with Optimus. The nerve!!


:MAXIMAL:


I'm joking just in case for some reason you take me serious
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497403)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
STngAR wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh dear, here we go again.....something, something, CAPS, CAPS, words, and more words


I can't believe they ruined MLP with Optimus. The nerve!!


:MAXIMAL:


I'm joking just in case for some reason you take me serious
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497406)
Posted by njb902 on June 22nd, 2013 @ 5:00pm CDT
This is going to be such a great gift for my wife!
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497413)
Posted by Rated X on June 22nd, 2013 @ 5:18pm CDT
Image
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497414)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2013 @ 5:19pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Image


Ah, yes, your old signature. :P
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497439)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2013 @ 6:20pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Image


Oooohhh..... I SO WANT THAT! Too bad I can never have because it will sell for rape prices.

Anyway, here's a little something that happenned today:

Image

AUUUUGGGHHHH!!!! All theatres in my city will show the movie AT THE EXACT SAME TIME AND ONLY ONE TIME. This Saturday at 11:30. I must meet a guy at 12:00 to buy something and I can only contact him through some forum…
I’m so screwed… ;_;

But then…

YEAAAAH!

MADE IT!

I could contact my seller to postpone the meeting in the afternoon and I was able to see Equestria Girls! I had to take the taxi to go to the theatre quickly. Still, EG was worth the 22$ total. Amazing movie, entertaining through, with lots of bronie shout-outs everywhere! If you ever have the chance to go see the movie, stick until the very end of the ending credits for a surprize!

By the way, there were only just around 5 tiny little girls for around 25 bronies (roughly between 13 and 40yo.)

Once again, go see Equestria Girls if you can. The movie IS A BLAST!
Also, I could buy in the afternoon a shiny Buster Optimus Prime for just 70$ in my meet-up. So, I could see the movie AND didnt miss out on my toy. Sweeeeeet.


Image
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497442)
Posted by King Slick on June 22nd, 2013 @ 6:24pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Rated X wrote:Image


Ah, yes, your old signature. :P


As a pet shopper I am both disturbed and, okay, just plain disturbed.

As for the cover....needs more uh....oh yeah...PETS!
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497464)
Posted by Manterax Prime on June 22nd, 2013 @ 7:44pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:THIS COUNTS AS TRANSFORMERS NEWS BECAUSE IT HAS A PICTURE OF A TRANSFORMER ON IT.


Keep telling yourself that.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497465)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2013 @ 7:50pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:THIS COUNTS AS TRANSFORMERS NEWS BECAUSE IT HAS A PICTURE OF A TRANSFORMER ON IT.


Keep telling yourself that.


It's also official and licensed by Hasbro.
Now, please let go of your irrational hate.

Image
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497468)
Posted by Manterax Prime on June 22nd, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
My mind is impenetrable, sorry.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497472)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:11pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:THIS COUNTS AS TRANSFORMERS NEWS BECAUSE IT HAS A PICTURE OF A TRANSFORMER ON IT.


Keep telling yourself that.
Ryan makes the rules about news here, I'm just following them.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497474)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:16pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Image
Grow up.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497475)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:20pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:My mind is impenetrable, sorry.


Well, I'm going to PENETRATE you.


Image

...

I... guess that came out out wrong...

Image
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497476)
Posted by xyl360 on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:21pm CDT
Seems like TF news to me. It's Optimus making a cameo on the cover of an MLP comic. No biggie :).

And yet again, I'm still waiting for the MLP crossovers using this:
Image

Please Hasbro. I'll take *any* Beast Wars repaints, even if they are MLPs. I'm desperate here :P.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497479)
Posted by xyl360 on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:23pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:My mind is impenetrable, sorry.


Well, I'm going to PENETRATE you.


Image

...

I... guess that came out out wrong...

Image

Pony penetration is prohibited and therefore not permitted by any person or persons who would perpetrate such a poor purpose :P.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497481)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:25pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Seems like TF news to me. It's Optimus making a cameo on the cover of an MLP comic. No biggie :).

And yet again, I'm still waiting for the MLP crossovers using this:
Image

Please Hasbro. I'll take *any* Beast Wars repaints, even if they are MLPs. I'm desperate here :P.


Do want, but I heard that toy have a nightmarish transformation.
I'd like a pony that would transform into it's Equestria Girls counterpart. With better engeneering, of course. 3RD PARTY COMPANIES, HEAR MY PLEA!
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497483)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:29pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Pony penetration is prohibited and therefore not permitted by any person or persons who would perpetrate such a poor purpose :P.


Say that to Futashy.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now approaching the Uncanny Valley. Please close up the windows of the tour bus and leave them closed as long that we are not through.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497486)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:35pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I'd like a pony that would transform into it's Equestria Girls counterpart.
Man, it is killing me that I forgot all about that movie (doesn't help how Hasbro barely promoted it :roll: ) and that it's almost out of theaters yet I can't go see it at all since it's only playing while I'm at work. And by the time my next day off comes, it won't be playing anymore. :BANG_HEAD:

Well, at least being invited to the TF: The Ride red carpet event was an epic treat. :michaelbay:
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497501)
Posted by Rated X on June 22nd, 2013 @ 9:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Image
Grow up.


That should be directed to the jabronies that keep shoving this fruity pebbles crap down Transformer fans throats...

Lets all forget about giant killer robots and dress like pixies in heat. Lets all go rescue a kitten from a tree. Lets all get Justin beiber haircuts and wear pink leg stockings and do the Macarena because life is so wonderful...

This is supposed to be a TRANSFORMERS website for TRANSFORMERS fans !

If I get Optimus Prime tattooed on my ass will it make the front page ???
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497503)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 9:34pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Lets all forget about giant killer robots and dress like pixies in heat. Lets all go rescue a kitten from a tree. Lets all get Justin beiber haircuts and wear pink leg stockings and do the Macarena because life is so wonderful...
Ignorance, thy name is Rated X. :roll:
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497504)
Posted by njb902 on June 22nd, 2013 @ 9:35pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Image
Grow up.


That should be directed to the jabronies that keep shoving this fruity pebbles crap down Transformer fans throats...

Lets all forget about giant killer robots and dress like pixies in heat. Lets all go rescue a kitten from a tree. Lets all get Justin beiber haircuts and wear pink leg stockings and do the Macarena because life is so wonderful...

This is supposed to be a TRANSFORMERS website for TRANSFORMERS fans !

If I get Optimus Prime tattooed on my ass will it make the front page ???


You're treading very closely to bigotry there x.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497507)
Posted by Rated X on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Lets all forget about giant killer robots and dress like pixies in heat. Lets all go rescue a kitten from a tree. Lets all get Justin beiber haircuts and wear pink leg stockings and do the Macarena because life is so wonderful...
Ignorance, thy name is Rated X. :roll:



Im not going to let you bait me into getting issued a warning...

But I will ask you this:

Because I don't like MLP that makes me ignorant ? Do I have to like every freaking drop of sweat that drips from Hasbro's armpit ?

I'm a Transformers fan ! I don't give a crap about anything that is affiliated by corporate links. Just because Hasbro owns the rights, that doesn't make it Transformers...
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497510)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:12pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Lets all forget about giant killer robots and dress like pixies in heat. Lets all go rescue a kitten from a tree. Lets all get Justin beiber haircuts and wear pink leg stockings and do the Macarena because life is so wonderful...
Ignorance, thy name is Rated X. :roll:



Im not going to let you bait me into getting issued a warning...

But I will ask you this:

Because I don't like MLP that makes me ignorant ? Do I have to like every freaking drop of sweat that drips from Hasbro's armpit ?

I'm a Transformers fan ! I don't give a crap about anything that is affiliated by corporate links. Just because Hasbro owns the rights, that doesn't make it Transformers...


There's a difference between "not liking" and hating it like a Westborro Baptist branding a huge sign. If you feel such irrational HATE that you need to shout venom every time there's a pony around, you should just take the time to look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself why do you spend so much energy hating something completely random like candy colored equines.

Image
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497512)
Posted by Rated X on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:23pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Lets all forget about giant killer robots and dress like pixies in heat. Lets all go rescue a kitten from a tree. Lets all get Justin beiber haircuts and wear pink leg stockings and do the Macarena because life is so wonderful...
Ignorance, thy name is Rated X. :roll:



Im not going to let you bait me into getting issued a warning...

But I will ask you this:

Because I don't like MLP that makes me ignorant ? Do I have to like every freaking drop of sweat that drips from Hasbro's armpit ?

I'm a Transformers fan ! I don't give a crap about anything that is affiliated by corporate links. Just because Hasbro owns the rights, that doesn't make it Transformers...


There's a difference between "not liking" and hating it like a Westborro Baptist branding a huge sign. If you feel such irrational HATE that you need to shout venom every time there's a pony around, you should just take the time to look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself why do you spend so much energy hating something completely random like candy colored equines.

What don't you get about this being a TRANSFORMERS website ?

Would you like it if I went to your favorite MLP website and started posting pictures of guns, lowriders, rappers, strippers, Scarface images, etc ?

And for the record, pink ponies don't exactly help reduce the common stereotypes associated certain groups of people. They only strengthen them.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497513)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:24pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Im not going to let you bait me into getting issued a warning...

But I will ask you this:

Because I don't like MLP that makes me ignorant ? Do I have to like every freaking drop of sweat that drips from Hasbro's armpit ?


No, the claims made of your ignorance are in regard to your snide remark about JB haircuts, rescuing kittens, and dressing like pixies. The fact that it flew over your head may contribute to the allegations.

I'm a Transformers fan ! I don't give a crap about anything that is affiliated by corporate links. ...


Then be a decent person and don't post anything about it. It's moronic of you to post a graphic and hateful image of something you allegedly don't care about. That in itself reveals the ultimate irony .

You don't want ponies rubbed in your face. Please don't rub your hate in my face.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497515)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:34pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Im not going to let you bait me into getting issued a warning...

But I will ask you this:

Because I don't like MLP that makes me ignorant ? Do I have to like every freaking drop of sweat that drips from Hasbro's armpit ?
Of course not.

The ignorance in this case comes from your prejudged assumption that a show belonging to a franchise that was originally aimed at girls reaching a broader, more gender-neutral audience than it expected to reach somehow involves some unrelated nonsense about pixie cosplaying, kittens in trees, he-who-shall-not-be-named, pink clothing, the Macarena, and other such things that are stereotypically labeled as being "prissy" and/or "unmanly", which in this case such a connection between the two is all complete and utter bull.

This kind of thinking is a sure sign of a high level of insecurity in one's own masculinity that results in an irrational desire to belittle one certain group in order to somehow seem manlier in the eyes of others, when all it really does is just further expose immaturity and juvenile behavior.

This is how scared preteen boys who try desperately to fit into the crowd act, not mature adult men who feel confident enough in themselves to not need to impress anybody. Which one are you?

Rated X wrote:I'm a Transformers fan ! I don't give a crap about anything that is affiliated by corporate links. Just because Hasbro owns the rights, that doesn't make it Transformers...
Well, you know, no one here forced you to click on the news post, much less take a look at it, much less even make a post on it. If it tortures you so much to see this here, you've got no one to blame but yourself for clicking on it, reading it, and posting about it in a topic that's obviously going to attract those who find this interesting.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497517)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:39pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
What don't you get about this being a TRANSFORMERS website ?

Would you like it if I went to your favorite MLP website and started posting pictures of guns, lowriders, rappers, strippers, Scarface images, etc ?



Been there, done that. Go see for yourself. Here's the #1 image site for Pony, Derpibooru. First, there's many CROSSOVERS:
http://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%9 ... &commit=Go
Pony and anything get mixed together for fun. Nobody lose their shit over this.

Then, there's the TV MEME where something not pony related is introduced for discution.
http://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%9 ... &commit=Go
Some complain, but nobody lose their shit either.

Also, Pony and Transformers are related since ever, being from the same company and all. Even in the latest Equestria Girls movie, there's a very funny TF refference!
http://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%9 ... &commit=Go
Again, nobody lose their shit. [/quote]


Rated X wrote:And for the record, pink ponies don't exactly help reduce the common stereotypes associated certain groups of people. They only strengthen them.


Well, those who chose to remain and fester in their prejudices are not my problem. For me, the ones who just refuse to see the broader picture and shades of gray are the one with a problem.

Have a nice day! :D
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497518)
Posted by Burn on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:42pm CDT
Rated X, you've made it no secret that you dislike My Little Pony.

Therefore, stop posting in this thread, any further any-MLP rants will be treated as flame baiting and warnings will be issued.

And everyone else, stop replying to him.

Back on topic.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497522)
Posted by Rated X on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:47pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:No, the claims made of your ignorance are in regard to your snide remark about JB haircuts, rescuing kittens, and dressing like pixies. The fact that it flew over your head may contribute to the allegations.

One picture is worth 1000 words…

Image

Im the moron ? I suppose these guys are the next world leaders...


PrymeStriker wrote:Then be a decent person and don't post anything about it. It's moronic of you to post a graphic and hateful image of something you allegedly don't care about. That in itself reveals the ultimate irony .

You don't want ponies rubbed in your face. Please don't rub your hate in my face.


Stop twisting my words. When I said I don’t give a crap about anything that is affiliated by corporate links, I meant I don’t want to see the non-Transformers related crap on a Transformers website. Jabronies keep shoving this MLP crap down every Transformer fans throat. I just have the cajones to speak my mind while others don’t.

It’s a sad day when Feral Rex or Hexatron cant get a spot on the front page, but pinky the pony can…
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497523)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:55pm CDT
Honestly, I think Pinkie Pie goes better with Megatron than Optimus Prime.

http://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%9 ... &commit=Go

Maybe it's because of that old promo video.


Image
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497524)
Posted by Rated X on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:58pm CDT
Burn wrote:Rated X, you've made it no secret that you dislike My Little Pony.

Therefore, stop posting in this thread, any further any-MLP rants will be treated as flame baiting and warnings will be issued.

And everyone else, stop replying to him.

Back on topic.



I just saw your post now after I posted my last one with the picture. My bad. It's a shame the "topic" is pinky the pony on a Transformers site. I'm done with this thread.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497527)
Posted by Burn on June 22nd, 2013 @ 11:19pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:Rated X, you've made it no secret that you dislike My Little Pony.

Therefore, stop posting in this thread, any further any-MLP rants will be treated as flame baiting and warnings will be issued.

And everyone else, stop replying to him.

Back on topic.



I just saw your post now after I posted my last one with the picture. My bad. It's a shame the "topic" is pinky the pony on a Transformers site. I'm done with this thread.


1 - You could have edited your post after you saw mine, but in typical fashion, you had to have the last say. Sorry, but I get that. You just get a warning.

2 - The "topic" isn't Pinky the Pony. The topic is about a convention variant cover that features Optimus Prime (*gasp* A Transformer!) and Pinkie Pie. This may come as a surprise, but the fact that it features Optimus Prime (a Transformer) is why this topic exists on a Transformer website.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497535)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2013 @ 11:49pm CDT
Image

I'm just there being all posh with my fellow gentlemen when a bunch of the weirdest ...human (if you can call them that) come along. How dare these... *shudder* Transformers fan have fun in a meet-up?

One picture is worth 1000 words.
Image
I suppose they are the future worlds leader?

What's up with robots anyway? Only little 5yo boys should like robots. Real men only play golf and smoke cigars while discussings economy and politics.
All whilst the women stay at home, taking care of their 10 kids.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497536)
Posted by SaTaN CoNvOy on June 22nd, 2013 @ 11:49pm CDT
ha! nuff said
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497548)
Posted by RhA on June 23rd, 2013 @ 1:11am CDT
As soon as I saw his on the front page I asked myself 'Het RhA, I wonder if this has raised a big stinker yet?' And behold! I found a stinker.

In all honesty, dear MLP fans, I hope each and every one of you gets that litho for an affordable price.

Sabrblade wrote:Oh dear, here we go again. :roll:

Inb4 swarm of haters:

THERE IS NO CROSSOVER IN THIS, PEOPLE! IT'S JUST A VARIANT COVER FOR A NON-TRANSFORMERS PRODUCT GIVING A SHOUT OUT TO TRANSFORMERS JUST FOR KICKS! THIS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN HAVING A PICTURE OF OPTIMUS PRIME APPEAR ON A BILLBOARD OR A PLAYBOY MAGAZINE COVER! IDW EVEN DID A SHOUT OUT TO SAMURAI JACK IN A RECENT TRANSFORMERS COMIC COVER, WHICH IS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE. THIS COVER MEANS NOTHING BEYOND THE ADVERTISEMENT OF OUR BELOVED TOY BRAND ON A PIECE OF MERCHANDISE BELONGING TO ANOTHER TOY BRAND. THIS COUNTS AS TRANSFORMERS NEWS BECAUSE IT HAS A PICTURE OF A TRANSFORMER ON IT. DON'T LIKE IT? FINE, BUT IT'S NOT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE OF WHAT IS AND ISN'T TRANSFORMERS NEWS. SO, DEAL WITH IT. =;

That said, Optimus's confused expression still looks priceless. :lol:


Also, is this the very best way to start a conversation?
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497551)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 23rd, 2013 @ 1:29am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Also, Pony and Transformers are related since ever, being from the same company and all. Even in the latest Equestria Girls movie, there's a very funny TF refference!
http://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%9 ... &commit=Go
Again, nobody lose their shit.


Oh, seriously? Was it this?

Image

There was nothing I could find there about there being a Transformers easter egg in the latest MLP movie.

-Kanrabat- wrote:


*ahem*

Image

...Well, are you? 8-}
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497566)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 23rd, 2013 @ 5:48am CDT
Just to make this clear, this is Transformers news.
It's an official product
It's got a blatant TF in it
I once posted a Star Wars radio play because it had a couple TF voice actors and Movie Ironhide had a line in it.

You might not like it, like me, but it's here and news worthy.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497575)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 23rd, 2013 @ 8:20am CDT
So what I have learned here is that after all the crap that has happened to the franchise such as the Bay films and their robot testicles and the Kiss Players,well.....the less we say the better,somehow this is somehow the biggest blight in the franchise?

I had to sit through Ken Jeong trying to have sex with Shia LaBeouf in a bathroom stall and again,THIS is what destroys the franchise?

Grow the @&#$ up!!!!
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497577)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 23rd, 2013 @ 8:45am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Also, Pony and Transformers are related since ever, being from the same company and all. Even in the latest Equestria Girls movie, there's a very funny TF refference!
http://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%9 ... &commit=Go
Again, nobody lose their shit.


Oh, seriously? Was it this?

Image



I have no idea... Dont forget that artists can do some... ahem... interpretation. Waitaminitt... HAHA! I bet that's what could happen if some giant robots go through the mirror into the Equestria Girls world an suddenly get transformed into sexy teenaged high-school girls! :lol:

Mindmaster wrote:
There was nothing I could find there about there being a Transformers easter egg in the latest MLP movie.



Maybe you missed it because the reference is in the SOUND. In that scene:
Image When Pinkie Pie revert back to normal, there's the good old Transformers Transformation noise! :APPLAUSE:
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497582)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 23rd, 2013 @ 9:28am CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:So what I have learned here is that after all the crap that has happened to the franchise such as the Bay films and their robot testicles and the Kiss Players,well.....the less we say the better,somehow this is somehow the biggest blight in the franchise?

I had to sit through Ken Jeong trying to have sex with Shia LaBeouf in a bathroom stall and again,THIS is what destroys the franchise?

Grow the @&#$ up!!!!

Erm, have you ever been present whenever something new was/is revealed about the movies?
Seriously, this is NOTHING compared to 90% of the movie reaction.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497583)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 23rd, 2013 @ 9:39am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:So what I have learned here is that after all the crap that has happened to the franchise such as the Bay films and their robot testicles and the Kiss Players,well.....the less we say the better,somehow this is somehow the biggest blight in the franchise?

I had to sit through Ken Jeong trying to have sex with Shia LaBeouf in a bathroom stall and again,THIS is what destroys the franchise?

Grow the @&#$ up!!!!

Erm, have you ever been present whenever something new was/is revealed about the movies?
Seriously, this is NOTHING compared to 90% of the movie reaction.


In all seriousness, EVERY DAMN FAN COMMUNITY ARE THE SAME.
How many times Transformers was "ruined forever"?

I'm a brony, but even within our "love and tolerate" community, there's a LOT of in-fighting. (Also, "love and tolerate" is not our true motto. It's just a phrase to troll people.)
For example, the Derpy Hooves contreversy, Princess Cadance announcment, Twilight Sparke become an Alicorn, and finally, biggest shitstorm of all, Equestria Girls. There's a shittons of humanised fannart on pony sites since ever. But when Hasbro created an official Humanised spinoff, many bronies lost their shit and were shouting their rage. Not unlike the original Transformers Beast Wars and Bay Movie reactions.

Also, see the reaction toward Star Wars prequels, every new Star Treck series, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, hardcore fans can be stupid and bigots but luckily, they are in the minority (I hope) and they are the ones that make everything so interesting and entertaining.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497585)
Posted by RhA on June 23rd, 2013 @ 9:45am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:So what I have learned here is that after all the crap that has happened to the franchise such as the Bay films and their robot testicles and the Kiss Players,well.....the less we say the better,somehow this is somehow the biggest blight in the franchise?

I had to sit through Ken Jeong trying to have sex with Shia LaBeouf in a bathroom stall and again,THIS is what destroys the franchise?

Grow the @&#$ up!!!!

Erm, have you ever been present whenever something new was/is revealed about the movies?
Seriously, this is NOTHING compared to 90% of the movie reaction.


There's no stopping INTERNETRAGE. It is mighty.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497587)
Posted by njb902 on June 23rd, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
RhA wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:So what I have learned here is that after all the crap that has happened to the franchise such as the Bay films and their robot testicles and the Kiss Players,well.....the less we say the better,somehow this is somehow the biggest blight in the franchise?

I had to sit through Ken Jeong trying to have sex with Shia LaBeouf in a bathroom stall and again,THIS is what destroys the franchise?

Grow the @&#$ up!!!!

Erm, have you ever been present whenever something new was/is revealed about the movies?
Seriously, this is NOTHING compared to 90% of the movie reaction.


There's no stopping INTERNETRAGE. It is mighty.


True, however this wasn't rage it was hate.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497595)
Posted by Mystic Metal on June 23rd, 2013 @ 11:09am CDT
My daughter and I are waiting for the Ultra Magnus / Princess Luna repaint cover.

Seriously though, if anyone can pick one up either this or the comic and willing to ship it out or bring it to TFCon, send me a message.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497601)
Posted by Rated X on June 23rd, 2013 @ 11:26am CDT
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:Rated X, you've made it no secret that you dislike My Little Pony.

Therefore, stop posting in this thread, any further any-MLP rants will be treated as flame baiting and warnings will be issued.

And everyone else, stop replying to him.

Back on topic.



I just saw your post now after I posted my last one with the picture. My bad. It's a shame the "topic" is pinky the pony on a Transformers site. I'm done with this thread.


1 - You could have edited your post after you saw mine, but in typical fashion, you had to have the last say. Sorry, but I get that. You just get a warning.

2 - The "topic" isn't Pinky the Pony. The topic is about a convention variant cover that features Optimus Prime (*gasp* A Transformer!) and Pinkie Pie. This may come as a surprise, but the fact that it features Optimus Prime (a Transformer) is why this topic exists on a Transformer website.



I could have gone back and edited my post...

I gotta love your logic. Even if I had thought of that, You probably would have seen it first since you are compelled to check the thread every five minutes.

Anything MLP is always going to cause a ruckus on here. Even if you put me in shackles, there's always gonna be some new poster who feels the same way I do and speaks his mind. It is what it is...
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497611)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 24th, 2013 @ 6:14am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497616)
Posted by njb902 on June 24th, 2013 @ 6:29am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:Rated X, you've made it no secret that you dislike My Little Pony.

Therefore, stop posting in this thread, any further any-MLP rants will be treated as flame baiting and warnings will be issued.

And everyone else, stop replying to him.

Back on topic.



I just saw your post now after I posted my last one with the picture. My bad. It's a shame the "topic" is pinky the pony on a Transformers site. I'm done with this thread.


1 - You could have edited your post after you saw mine, but in typical fashion, you had to have the last say. Sorry, but I get that. You just get a warning.

2 - The "topic" isn't Pinky the Pony. The topic is about a convention variant cover that features Optimus Prime (*gasp* A Transformer!) and Pinkie Pie. This may come as a surprise, but the fact that it features Optimus Prime (a Transformer) is why this topic exists on a Transformer website.



I could have gone back and edited my post...

I gotta love your logic. Even if I had thought of that, You probably would have seen it first since you are compelled to check the thread every five minutes.

Anything MLP is always going to cause a ruckus on here. Even if you put me in shackles, there's always gonna be some new poster who feels the same way I do and speaks his mind. It is what it is...


Yes well perhaps that new poster will refute the MLP news worthiness without the blatant prejudice you do.
Re: IDW Limited BotCon 2013 Lithograph - Transformers and My Little Pony (1497656)
Posted by Rated X on June 24th, 2013 @ 8:44am CDT
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:Rated X, you've made it no secret that you dislike My Little Pony.

Therefore, stop posting in this thread, any further any-MLP rants will be treated as flame baiting and warnings will be issued.

And everyone else, stop replying to him.

Back on topic.



I just saw your post now after I posted my last one with the picture. My bad. It's a shame the "topic" is pinky the pony on a Transformers site. I'm done with this thread.


1 - You could have edited your post after you saw mine, but in typical fashion, you had to have the last say. Sorry, but I get that. You just get a warning.

2 - The "topic" isn't Pinky the Pony. The topic is about a convention variant cover that features Optimus Prime (*gasp* A Transformer!) and Pinkie Pie. This may come as a surprise, but the fact that it features Optimus Prime (a Transformer) is why this topic exists on a Transformer website.



I could have gone back and edited my post...

I gotta love your logic. Even if I had thought of that, You probably would have seen it first since you are compelled to check the thread every five minutes.

Anything MLP is always going to cause a ruckus on here. Even if you put me in shackles, there's always gonna be some new poster who feels the same way I do and speaks his mind. It is what it is...


Yes well perhaps that new poster will refute the MLP news worthiness without the blatant prejudice you do.



"worthiness" is an opinion. An artist will draw anything to sell lithographs. That doesn't make it "official" as this site likes to embrace.

I'm being made into the bad guy here for disrespecting ponies on a TRANSFORMERS site. How ironic...

Click here to view an additional 10 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014