Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Transformers News: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Monday, December 20th, 2010 5:29PM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Press Releases
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 79,350

March already? The Infestation crossover comes to an end, and this month will give us three different Transformers Comics. Ongoing continues with Issue 17, while we get Transformers: Prime, Vol 1, featuring screengrabs from the cartoon. The Dark Of The Moon prequel continues with Rising Storm #2. Lastly, a new mini-series is released, Heart of Darkness. Check out the covers, and spoilers below!

====================================
====================================

TRANSFORMERS #17
Mike Costa (w) Alex Milne (a) Matere, Nick Roche (c)
Megatron's plan enters its second stage as the Autobots continue to fall under attack from heavily armed humans. Elsewhere, Starscream attempts to initiate a plan of his own with an old ally. Costa and Milne aren't bringing everyone out of this issue in one piece as the REVENGE OF THE DECEPTICONS continues!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC 32 pages $3.99

Transformers: Prime, Vol. 1
Marty Isenberg, more (w) Various (a & c)
The action from Hasbro's new HUB show Transformers: Prime comes to life on the printed page in this collection of screengrabs from the actual animated cartoon!
TPB FC $7.99 104 Pages 5" x 7" ISBN: 978-1-60010-857-0

TRANSFORMERS: RISING STORM #2 (of 4)
John Barber (w) Carlos Magno (a) Brian Rood (c)
MEGATRON's deadliest plan yet kicks into high gear-it's all-out war! Plus-BUMBLEBEE squares off against BARRICADE for what may prove to be the final time, while OPTIMUS PRIME calls in every AUTOBOT on Earth to put an end to STARSCREAM! The stakes rise in this intense prequel to Transformers 3!
FC 32 pages $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: HEART OF DARKNESS #1
Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning(w) Ulises Farinas (a) Farinas, Casey Coller (c)
GALVATRON. Last seen, he was leading a team of Decepticons through space. Clearly, he has a purpose, an agenda, and a vendetta. But how it will play out and to what end has been shrouded in mystery. That mystery is about to be revealed...
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC 32 pages $3.99

Bullet Points: Fan-favorite writers Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning inject some DnA into the IDWverse!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): IDW Publishing
Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1159561)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 20th, 2010 @ 5:34pm CST
Well, that Galvatron looks like a weak fan-picture, but I'm interested enough in Galvys sidestory to read it.

Ongoing: #17 and Mike is still unleashed...
Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1159562)
Posted by Blurrz on December 20th, 2010 @ 5:37pm CST
I just don't like the look of fem-Jazz. I dunno.. the cover just looks really feminine for some reason. Being stupid and nitpicky, oh well XD.
Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1159659)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on December 20th, 2010 @ 7:49pm CST
Blurrz wrote:Costa and Milne aren't bringing everyone out of this issue in one piece

When has Costa ever left anyone alone?
Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1159660)
Posted by YoungPrime on December 20th, 2010 @ 7:51pm CST
Yeah....I'm not feeling the art work on Galvy here either but I sure hope the story on him is good.

Meh to everything else though since it appears that Ongoing is still stuck on stupid human plots.....SMH
Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1159673)
Posted by Heavy B on December 20th, 2010 @ 8:16pm CST
im liking the ongoing series (bring the hate, haters) and im still intrested in the galvatron arc (even if we havn't seen him since last year)
Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1159726)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on December 20th, 2010 @ 11:11pm CST
I'm picking up the ongoing but I may have to add Heart of Darkness as I want to see what Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning do in the Transformers universe.

Of course, I know that spins out of Infestation. If they do a paperback collecting that entire story, I may buy that as well.
Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1159950)
Posted by gantzrunner on December 21st, 2010 @ 10:23am CST
Seriously? Does anyone remember when Transformers comics were drawn by artists that actually put time and effort into the artwork? I used to be in awe of the comics I picked up...now all I wanna do is redraw them myself. In recent tf history at least two artists I have been awed by traded their awesome artwork in for cartoony styles and that drives me nuts as well. The Jazz cover looks like a panel blown up to cover size, not at all something used to catch the eye and make you want to read the issue. IDW is slowly turning Transformers into a half-assed cashcow. Normally I don't rant like a jackass but when something I pay money for looks worse than what I can produce myself, I get pretty disappointed :BANG_HEAD:
Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1159984)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 21st, 2010 @ 11:34am CST
The FIRST issue of 'International Incident' was great, with EJ Su (I wish they'd let him do all the issues) & a lot more bots...after that it kind of went downhill, but it wasn't terrible. I don't like new Spike though. All that said, I'm still interested.

I'm DEFINITELY interested in more Galvatron. IDW's take on him so far has been really awesome.
Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1160543)
Posted by partholon on December 22nd, 2010 @ 1:37pm CST
ongoing.

dear gods costa, it never ends !

looks like im still going to be getting IDWs minis from now on

hearts of darkness

im kinda piqued by the galvatron mini. the art is definetly different but i dont mind that in small doses and am i being too optimistic in thinking it actually sounds like it might harken back to the ol continuity? ok i know its set after infestation but the NAME has to reference the anti matrix.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars