Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes

Transformers News: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes

Sunday, January 26th, 2014 1:47PM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,946

Can't wait to get your hands on the three, yes, three new series (or seasons) of the post-Dark Cybertron comics from IDW? Worry not, here's a sure-shot way of making sure you get that cover you really want, from your own store, as well as ensuring sales - which means more comics in the future! Authors Mairghread Scott (Windblade), John Barber (RID) and James Roberts (MTMTE) have released the pre-order codes for their respective series, all noted below - make a note and take them to your local comic store.

Mairghread Scott wrote:And I’m giving you Windblade lovers a sneak peek at the Diamond order codes (because we’re cool like that). Take these magic numbers to your local comic store and place your orders, feel like a super-spy doing it. ;)

FEB140337 E TRANSFORMERS WINDBLADE #1 (OF 4) - This gets you the Casey cover IDW was showing off here:

FEB140338 E TRANSFORMERS WINDBLADE #1 (OF 4) SUBSCRIPTION VAR - This gets you Sarah’s cover (which is currently my desktop and I am in love with).

And if you want Livio’s art (and who doesn’t) you’re gonna have to work a little harder. It’s the 10-copy Retailer Incentive, so you’ll need to ask your local comic book store peeps politely to order lots of issues and give you first dibs on it. But come on, isn’t this worth it?

John Barber wrote:Diamond order codes for Transformers RID #28 (Dawn of the Autobots) are: Regular cover: FEB140331
Sub cover: FEB140332

Regular is Casey W Coller; sub is Andrew Griffith (he'll be doing the regular covers from 29 on)

James Roberts wrote:You go to your comic book store and you say you want to pre-order Regular FEB140334 E TRANSFORMERS MORE THAN MEETS EYE #28 DAWN O/T AUTOBOTS

Regular FEB140334 sports the Casey W Coller cover. It is ace. You should buy lots. Just saying.

For the Alex Milne cover, quote 'Sub FEB140335 E TRANSFORMERS MORE THAN MEETS EYE #28 SUBSCRIPTION VAR'.

Alex's cover is being withheld because SPOILERS, but look me in the eye and tell me you don't think it's going to be awesome. It IS awesome.
Credit(s): Mairghread Scott, John Barber, James Roberts
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553575)
Posted by Va'al on February 25th, 2014 @ 5:27pm CST
The ever-teasing James Roberts, writer for More than Meets the Eye and currently Dark Cybertron along with John Barber, has tweeted a couple of teasers about the upcoming 'second season' of MTMTE.. as well as a cast addition to the Lost Light. The teaser includes the tagline to the overall arc starting with issue #28 (due April) - Let's Make this Precious - and the song to accompany it, embedded below. As for the character, keep on reading..

The tagline for MTMTE Season 2 (from April, w/#28) is: Let's Make This Precious

Theme:

Lyrics: http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/44442/

And from April, the crew of the Lost Light will be joined by... Bluestreak! #MTMTE_Season2
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553592)
Posted by sabrigami on February 25th, 2014 @ 7:12pm CST
Very cool! I've been itching to hear more about Bluestreak for some time now. So many teases about him and his mental health. He sounds like he will be a great addition to the rest of the crew. Only bad part is April is so far away :-(
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553596)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 25th, 2014 @ 7:35pm CST
Oh man! Bluestreek? That might mean we'll hear more about Veras Centralus, circa Stormbringer.

My question is: when will we learn more about Springer?
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553597)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2014 @ 7:41pm CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:My question is: when will we learn more about Springer?
Have you picked up the most recent hardcover TPB of "Last Stand of the Wreckers"? That contained a bunch of bonus stories featuring Springer. One even about the post-LSOTW comatose Springer being cared for by Roadbuster.
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553602)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 25th, 2014 @ 8:31pm CST
I'm down with dexy's being the theme for this season's worth of M.t.M.t.E, my question, who'd qualify as the Celtic folk brothers :-? ?
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553609)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 25th, 2014 @ 10:25pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:My question is: when will we learn more about Springer?

Yes, I read that one. And at the end he starts showing signs of life again. But I want more! Imagine when he meets Whirl after finding out he almost deactivated Springer!
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553647)
Posted by megatronus on February 26th, 2014 @ 6:52am CST
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553651)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2014 @ 6:59am CST
megatronus wrote:I'd be willing to bet they announce that IDW Megatron as a voyager toyabout a month after Cloud Megatron releases.
Why a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553657)
Posted by megatronus on February 26th, 2014 @ 8:07am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553659)
Posted by sabrigami on February 26th, 2014 @ 8:17am CST
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

I'm hoping with the announcement of Bluestreak that we will be getting a new Prowl figure. Would make sense in my book considering Prowl is a main character. I can dream can't I?
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553660)
Posted by megatronus on February 26th, 2014 @ 8:21am CST
sabrigami wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

A reissue of the Universe 2.0 figure is more likely, methinks.

I can see Hasbro announcing an Asia Exclusive 3-pack of the Classics "Datsun" brothers.
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553661)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2014 @ 8:22am CST
No new Classics-style/Generations Prowl toy was included the giant list of reveals.
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553694)
Posted by Va'al on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:18am CST
Continuing in the build-up of teases for the new run of IDW Publishing's More Than Meets the Eye, with issue #28 hitting stores in April, regular series artist Alex Milne has tweeted his concept image for the new Autobot Megatron! Check out the mirrored image below.

Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553704)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:41am CST
Really cool, I like this more than the recent body he had in RID, although this is basically that just in the MTMTE art style.
Just this one emulates a gun alt-mode and looks less like a tank. Check out the things on his shoulders that kinda look like the hammer of a gun.
Really cool, it's going to be really interesting to see how him being on the lost light is going to play out.
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553705)
Posted by rpetras on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:42am CST
Like the design :)

Miss the fusion cannon :(
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553706)
Posted by Shadowstream on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:50am CST
I love all of Milne's designs/redesigns so this gets 3 thumbs up from me! :grin:
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553709)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:56am CST
rpetras wrote:Like the design :)

Miss the fusion cannon :(

Oh god, I totally missed that! I was so into the design and its symmetry that I managed to miss the missing fusion cannon.
I wonder if he just doesn't have one now, or if it's simply not in this design. I guess he won't have it on the ship as a sort of safety rule.

Oh wait, I remember now this one issue in which Tarn quotes one of Megatron's writings, in it Megatron states that he will carry his weapon until peace has finally come, and the image shows him holding the fusion cannon in two hands like an offering.
So maybe he discards it before he joins the Lost Light?
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553713)
Posted by Joetx on February 26th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CST
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

Me too. Is this upcoming voyager Megatron a new mold or a retool/redeco?
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553715)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2014 @ 12:13pm CST
Joetx wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

Me too. Is this upcoming voyager Megatron a new mold or a retool/redeco?

Not a Voyager, a new Leader Class mold, and apparently it's based on the idw design from RID, this one
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ith/28234/
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553719)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 26th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CST
I like it. I like it a lot.

I think I might prefer Andrew Griffith's design translated into a toy, though. Just a more "classic" look, I guess. I look forward to season two, though. And I can't wait to see the final design in the comics!
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553722)
Posted by megatronus on February 26th, 2014 @ 1:08pm CST
Joetx wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

Me too. Is this upcoming voyager Megatron a new mold or a retool/redeco?

The missed part was that a Leader Megs is in the works. Not a voyager.
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553732)
Posted by YoungPrime on February 26th, 2014 @ 1:47pm CST
This design needs a Generations "VOYAGER" class figure made ASAP!

With a Tarn repaint to follow...
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553762)
Posted by gigator39 on February 26th, 2014 @ 4:41pm CST
I'm really wishing for a Voyager of that RID tank Megs. Leader is just too big.Just like deluxe was too small. I was just looking at Classics Jetfire on my shelf and he already towers over most other figures. Imagining a new one that's twice as big is just too much. I think I'm going to pass on him completely. Ultra Magnus would make more sense as a leader to me.
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553892)
Posted by KnightStrike on February 27th, 2014 @ 10:09am CST
This just made my day! I am all for more Bluestreak! Very awesome :KREMZEEK:
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553909)
Posted by SentinelA on February 27th, 2014 @ 11:02am CST
WAIT...What the...He's wearing an Autobot symbol. Has anyone else notice this?
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1553911)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 27th, 2014 @ 11:06am CST
SentinelA wrote:WAIT...What the...He's wearing an Autobot symbol. Has anyone else notice this?
Yep. That's old news. Saw it way back here first - http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/idw-transformers-dawn-of-the-autobots-teasers-megatron/29149/

It has to do with the post-Dark Cybertron event called "Dawn of the Autobots".
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1554415)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 1st, 2014 @ 5:10pm CST
YoungPrime wrote:This design needs a Generations "LEADER" class figure made ASAP!

Fixed that for you.
And yes, Tarn would be nice too.
Re: IDW Transformers April 2014 Dawn of the Autobots Pre-Order Codes (1557171)
Posted by daningotham on March 12th, 2014 @ 9:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This is awesome:

Full Size

Those covers are SWEEEEEEET!!!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars