IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 1:14AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 26,791

We saw the sneak previews in past months, the teasers yesterday and it's been solicited for ages now, but it's finally time for IDW Publishing to show off Autobot Megatron! Check out below the full preview for Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28, also part of the Dawn of the Autobots monicker arc storyline thing - and make sure to head back here tomorrow for the Seibertron.com review.

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28: Dawn of the Autobots—SPOTLIGHT
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
CERTAIN DEATH, HERE WE COME! MEGATRON assumes control of the quest to find the Knights of Cybertron—a quest that has never before been so urgent, so personal, and so likely to end in tears. An incredulous Lost Light crew is left asking the same thing you are: how exactly did it come to this?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
- MEGATRON LEADS THE AUTOBOTS IN SPACE!?!
- You read that right—MEGATRON joins the AUTOBOTS!
- The perfect jumping-on point for new readers!
- Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the TRANSFORMERS!
- Variant interlocking cover by Livio Ramondelli!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview
Credit(s): IDW Publishing

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569763)
Posted by Henry921 on April 29th, 2014 @ 5:20am CDT
I love Optimus's face palm. :D
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569765)
Posted by 1984forever on April 29th, 2014 @ 5:29am CDT

Secondly, they don't have internal organs! They have PARTS. If the PARTS are damaged, they are either repaired, replaced or remade. New fans (after '84) like James Roberts keep coming up with dumb ideas like "oh, Ratchet can't get good hands because he was forged. The hands are irreplaceable." It's stupid! Who forged his body in the first place? Someone had to make his body. Mechanical parts just don't grow out of things (G2 budding doesn't make sense either). If something can be made, then it can be remade, plain and simple. Misguided attempts like this to make ROBOTS seem more like organic lifeforms are one of the many things that make this book Transformers IN NAME ONLY.

Lastly, I can't stand seeing Megatron with that Autobot symbol smeared on his chest. This is Fanfic at it's most fantastic and I can't wait until it is over. At this point I would rather see Megatron laying there with his tank parts replaced with chicken suit kibble rather than that Autobot symbol. :BOOM:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569768)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 29th, 2014 @ 5:52am CDT
The horror.

The shock.

The boredom.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569771)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 29th, 2014 @ 6:20am CDT
Oh god, the bits with Megatron are going to be gold. :grin:

1984forever wrote:First off, they are NOT PEOPLE! They are TRANSFORMERS and or Cybertronians and should be referred to as such. Starscream could have said "we want a trial" and everyone would have known who he was referring to.

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569773)
Posted by TheVenocWarlord on April 29th, 2014 @ 6:27am CDT
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I can't wait to gobble this up. :KREMZEEK:

And yes, Prime's face palm was epic. :D
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569779)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 29th, 2014 @ 6:59am CDT
Va'al wrote:The horror.

The shock.

The boredom.

Actually, I'm quite intrigued. I'm hoping Rodimus gets some kind of retribution for being such a smug ass. Havn't been able to like him since he started his quest.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569783)
Posted by sabrigami on April 29th, 2014 @ 7:26am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569807)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on April 29th, 2014 @ 9:33am CDT
sabrigami wrote:It only took 7 pages to remind me just how much I missed MTMtE. Funny how just this preview alone feels like a full fledged comic in their own right. I tried to resist, but what the hell, it's been waaaaaay too long without my fix. Also, Prowl being giddy is never a good sign :x

Here, here! I love the humor in MTMTE. Although I feel bad for Hot Rod that he's about to lose his ship to Megatron...

As to the bloke complaining about Transformers referring to themselves as "people," consider the fluidity of language. "They're my Cybertronians" just doesn't have the same effect as "my people," does it? And as to the bit about organs, I've NEVER viewed the Transformers as robots. They're just... not. They're mechanical lifeforms. There's a difference, there. As Arcee said in Transformers: Prime--can you build a small intestine? No, of course not. They have mechanical organs that are not easily replicated.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569813)
Posted by 1984forever on April 29th, 2014 @ 9:47am CDT
Va'al wrote:The horror.

The shock.

The boredom.
Yeah, I agree. For characters who walk around with missile launchers on their shoulders they sure do a lot of talking! So much talk, little action... James Roberts just doesn't get Transformers.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569820)
Posted by lupinesithlord on April 29th, 2014 @ 10:33am CDT
I have read previews for awhile, but haven't bought a comic in years. While I can honestly say that seeing the Autobot insignia on Megs is jarring I am intrigued. I might actually have to start picking up the full series to see why, how, and more importantly is it going to stick. Cybertronians have always been a mechanical alien race. I have entertained both ideas of creation some of them being forged/built and some who were created via biomechanical growth, in all honesty across the various continuities there is evidence to support both. :CON:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569822)
Posted by #Sideways# on April 29th, 2014 @ 11:01am CDT
I, for one, am very intrigued. The Autobot insignia on Megatron is... Ridiculously awesome. It's just so out there, so radical for Megatron that I love it so much. The political intrigue of this arc is shaping up nicely, and I'm loving the humor they bring in. Nautica is hilarious with her incomprehension of humor, and Hot Rod with Optimus was hilarious.

"You broke the Matrix?"

Gold.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569827)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 29th, 2014 @ 11:37am CDT
1984forever wrote:
Va'al wrote:The horror.

The shock.

The boredom.

And you clearly don't get sarcasm and frustration, as my post was directed at you, and at your unchanging, predictable (hence boring) reaction. But hey, I've tried reasoning with you previously, and you just won't listen. I'm not saying you have to like the comics, but I am asking, and a lot of other users have too, for constructive posts.

Continue to offer your opinion in this way, I'll go back to ignoring you.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569840)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:00pm CDT
IDW Transformers fan-favourite artist Alex Milne, returning to the ongoing More Than Meets the Eye this week, has revealed his concept art for one of the new members of the crew of the Lost Light: Riptide! Check out the work below, featuring both robot and boat mode, and read the preview for issue #28 here.

[quote]Riptide. New character for MTMTE i based his colours slightly off the water tribe from avatar and korra [/quote]

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569843)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:07pm CDT
*sniff* I smell a new toy.

But seriously, dude looks boss.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569845)
Posted by 1984forever on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:10pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:

Yes not EASILY replicated, but they can be replicated... just not by Prime Ratchet because he was a Quack. G1 Sunbow Ratchet would have had no problem fixing the damages that Transformers from these other KO continuities have to suffer with.

And Starscream saying "they're my Cybertronians" sounds just fine to me.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569848)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:16pm CDT
So does this mean we'll see some Air Nomad, Earth Kingdom, and Fire Nation -themed Transformers? :lol:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569855)
Posted by Stormtalon on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
I imagine with a name like Riptide he'd be a Decepticon.

Still looks cool. Will you post a picture of the high sped catamaran it transforms into?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569856)
Posted by Mkall on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
I don't think there's a character design from Milne that I don't like.

Riptide is awesome. Seriously, more IDW-based toys need to be made ASAP.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569857)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:35pm CDT
Stormtalon wrote:I imagine with a name like Riptide he'd be a Decepticon.

He's an Autobot.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Full Preview (1569859)
Posted by Neurie on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:40pm CDT
Reminds me of Energon Mirage

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Animated TA-18 Snarl & TA-19 Swoop set - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 32 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers 2011 MOVIE DOTM Cyberverse Legion Class MEGATRON FIGURE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 6 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G1 1989 HOT ROD PATROL MOSC complete micromaster - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 54 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Classics Henkei Electro Disruptor MIRAGE clear exclusive rare Japan - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 26 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW Deluxe Class HOIST Autobot - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 43 minutes
Kaiyodo Revoltech No19 Transformers Optimus Prime Convoy Used complete in Box - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 29 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers G1 Powermaster Overlord radar dish - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 53 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers G1 Powermaster Overlord double gun - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 53 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive