IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art

Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 12:01PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 26,051

IDW Transformers fan-favourite artist Alex Milne, returning to the ongoing More Than Meets the Eye this week, has revealed his concept art for one of the new members of the crew of the Lost Light: Riptide! Check out the work below, featuring both robot and boat mode, and read the preview for issue #28 here.

Riptide. New character for MTMTE i based his colours slightly off the water tribe from avatar and korra

Credit(s): Alex Milne
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569843)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:07pm CDT
*sniff* I smell a new toy.

But seriously, dude looks boss.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569845)
Posted by 1984forever on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:10pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:
sabrigami wrote:It only took 7 pages to remind me just how much I missed MTMtE. Funny how just this preview alone feels like a full fledged comic in their own right. I tried to resist, but what the hell, it's been waaaaaay too long without my fix. Also, Prowl being giddy is never a good sign :x

Here, here! I love the humor in MTMTE. Although I feel bad for Hot Rod that he's about to lose his ship to Megatron...

As to the bloke complaining about Transformers referring to themselves as "people," consider the fluidity of language. "They're my Cybertronians" just doesn't have the same effect as "my people," does it? And as to the bit about organs, I've NEVER viewed the Transformers as robots. They're just... not. They're mechanical lifeforms. There's a difference, there. As Arcee said in Transformers: Prime--can you build a small intestine? No, of course not. They have mechanical organs that are not easily replicated.
Yes not EASILY replicated, but they can be replicated... just not by Prime Ratchet because he was a Quack. G1 Sunbow Ratchet would have had no problem fixing the damages that Transformers from these other KO continuities have to suffer with.

And Starscream saying "they're my Cybertronians" sounds just fine to me.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569848)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:16pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569855)
Posted by Stormtalon on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
I imagine with a name like Riptide he'd be a Decepticon.

Still looks cool. Will you post a picture of the high sped catamaran it transforms into?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569856)
Posted by Mkall on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
I don't think there's a character design from Milne that I don't like.

Riptide is awesome. Seriously, more IDW-based toys need to be made ASAP.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569857)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:35pm CDT
Stormtalon wrote:I imagine with a name like Riptide he'd be a Decepticon.

He's an Autobot.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569859)
Posted by Neurie on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:40pm CDT
Reminds me of Energon Mirage
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569862)
Posted by 1984forever on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:54pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
1984forever wrote:
Va'al wrote:The horror.

The shock.

The boredom.
Yeah, I agree. For characters who walk around with missile launchers on their shoulders they sure do a lot of talking! So much talk, little action... James Roberts just doesn't get Transformers.

And you clearly don't get sarcasm and frustration, as my post was directed at you, and at your unchanging, predictable (hence boring) reaction. But hey, I've tried reasoning with you previously, and you just won't listen. I'm not saying you have to like the comics, but I am asking, and a lot of other users have too, for constructive posts.

Continue to offer your opinion in this way, I'll go back to ignoring you.
And you clearly did not even read my post before commenting! I very carefully and thoughtfully instructed Roberts on the right words to use to make his book seem less like Fanfic and more like the real thing.

You wanna know what's frustrating? Watching talentless hacks turn your favorite franchise into chrome crumbs for the last 28 years! That's frustrating!
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569863)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:57pm CDT
1984forever wrote:

Can you not bring your gig into this? Please? It's all I can do to keep my sanity.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569864)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CDT
Not that we'll see Transformers actually TRANSFORM in these books anyway.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569865)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 29th, 2014 @ 1:01pm CDT
1984forever wrote:
Va'al wrote:
1984forever wrote:
Va'al wrote:The horror.

The shock.

The boredom.

Continue to offer your opinion in this way, I'll go back to ignoring you.

Guys, Venom shaped coffee mug! Totally on topic.

Wow, I thought Riptide would have been a Decepticon, that'S a very Decepticon like name. And man he looks awesome. And I kinda squee at the fact he's inspired by Avatar <3
He looks incredibly hardcore, never thought a boatformer could look this badass.
Mindmaster wrote:So does this mean we'll see some Air Nomad, Earth Kingdom, and Fire Nation -themed Transformers? :lol:

Oh yes please, especially Firenation. :michaelbay:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569871)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 29th, 2014 @ 1:24pm CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:Not that we'll see Transformers actually TRANSFORM in these books anyway.

Tarn is addicted to transforming, and it's shown.

The whole Delphi plague was activated via transformation, and it's shown.

Pipes' death at Overlord's foot included multiple attempts at transforming.

Same with Tailgate, in the early issues of MTMTE.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569875)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on April 29th, 2014 @ 1:42pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

Tarn is addicted to transforming, and it's shown.

The whole Delphi plague was activated via transformation, and it's shown.

Pipes' death at Overlord's foot included multiple attempts at transforming.

Same with Tailgate, in the early issues of MTMTE.

Exactly, EARLY issues. NOTHING recent.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569876)
Posted by craggy on April 29th, 2014 @ 1:45pm CDT
ooh, pretty. toy please?

wonder if he knows Nautica? ...and if all these water-based bots showing up means we'll see a Mk 2 Rod-pod?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569880)
Posted by craggy on April 29th, 2014 @ 1:51pm CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Tarn is addicted to transforming, and it's shown.

The whole Delphi plague was activated via transformation, and it's shown.

Pipes' death at Overlord's foot included multiple attempts at transforming.

Same with Tailgate, in the early issues of MTMTE.

Exactly, EARLY issues. NOTHING recent.

On Luna-1 Chromedome hangs a lampshade on this, asking why they've even got alt modes if they're going to use the MARBs to travel, before changing into his vehicle mode and then Hot Rod uses his alt mode to try and get away from Lockdown and his Titan Hunters. And of course we see Ratchet's alt mode there too. Cyclonus and Whirl use their alt modes to fly about as well. all within the last arc of the book.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569884)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:00pm CDT
craggy wrote:
MR Optimus Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Tarn is addicted to transforming, and it's shown.

The whole Delphi plague was activated via transformation, and it's shown.

Pipes' death at Overlord's foot included multiple attempts at transforming.

Same with Tailgate, in the early issues of MTMTE.

Exactly, EARLY issues. NOTHING recent.

Also, even more recently: Windblade transforms multiple times in #1. [spoiler]Prowl[/spoiler] formed [spoiler]Devastator[/spoiler] at the end of Dark Cybertron. RID #28 had Thundercracker once, Optimus, Kup, Jazz multiple times.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569888)
Posted by Shadowstream on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569950)
Posted by sunburn on April 29th, 2014 @ 4:55pm CDT
Honestly it's a waste of a name not because "all the good ones were taken" lol but Riptide reminds me of a G1 Depth Charge.

And Riptide just screams Decepticon.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569953)
Posted by craggy on April 29th, 2014 @ 5:32pm CDT
I wonder if, given the other new bot aboard the Lost Light, and the possibility that at some point he might turn back to the purple side, maybe Riptide will end up as a Decepticon?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Alex Milne Riptide Concept Art (1569954)
Posted by sabrigami on April 29th, 2014 @ 5:54pm CDT
Shadowstream wrote:I had a good long laugh at Rodimus' "Suicide by face palm" line. :lol: I can't wait to start reading this series again. :grin:

Priceless. There were so many good moments in these pages. It also makes me aware how hollow other comics I've read have been. the last arc included. So hyped for tomorrow and for another season =P~

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION TRIPLE CHANGERS BLITZWING ASTROTRAIN 2 PACK NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 51 minutes 42 seconds
HASBRO G1  Autobot Kup / Blurr / Preceptor Transformers 1986 Figure Lot Of 3 - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 27 minutes 35 seconds
STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS DARTH VADER TO ADVANCED TIE - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 15 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Voyager Class Soundwave - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 47 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Movie Deluxe Class Jazz Figure by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 47 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Original Rattrap 100% Complete Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 3 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ARMADA GALVATRON FIGURE - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 19 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers TF G1 D-101 Black Mini Soundwave Soundblaster Destron 1987 Vintage - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 19 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016