IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 3:36AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 15,187

After the events of Dark Cybertron, IDW Publishing has split the action into three series, under the umbrella monicker Dawn of the Autobots: the two main ongoings and the new, 4 issue mini-series featuring the aftermath on Cybertron itself beginning this week - check out below the full preview for Transformers: Windblade, and head back tomorrow for the Seibertron.com review!

Transformers: Windblade #1 (of 4): Dawn of the Autobots—SPOTLIGHT
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sarah Stone (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
WHO IS WINDBLADE? In the aftermath of DARK CYBERTRON, WINDBLADE takes the planet by storm! But where did she come from—and what does her secret mean to the future of the TRANSFORMERS? A powerful new chapter in the TRANSFORMERS saga begins here!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
- WINDBLADE takes CYBERTRON by storm!
- Winner of the FAN BUILD BOT POLL—in which fans voted to create an all-new TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER!
- Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the TRANSFORMERS!
- Learn the secret history of WINDBLADE, CHROMIA, and NAUTICA!
- Variant interlocking cover by Livio Ramondelli!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview
Credit(s): IDW Publishing
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565364)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 15th, 2014 @ 3:59am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565378)
Posted by Henry921 on April 15th, 2014 @ 6:44am CDT
It's Rattrap! He's sabotaged power supplies before, y'know!

That said, I like the core idea here so far... but remain ambivalent about Windblade herself. Maybe if she expresses a personality trait aside from naivete...
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565385)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2014 @ 7:56am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:It's funny how unfamiliar with Starscream she is, because I'm sitting here with my face in my palm wanting to strangle her stupid as hell. But it's not her fault, she just doesn't know any better. So far I'm not really liking this character though.
She hasn't been on Cybertron in who knows how long. How would she know about a guy she's never met or known about until recently?
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565387)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:03am CDT
Henry921 wrote:It's Rattrap! He's sabotaged power supplies before, y'know!

I'm sure that eventually she will but it's going to take time and it'll take patience on the part of the readers. She hasn't been subjected to the millions of years of constant war that most of the populace has so she is very much a stranger in a strange land.
What should prove interesting will be seeing just what happens in the course of a short mini-series to bring her other personality traits more to the surface. A seemingly meek, subservient character with finely honed martial skills... that could prove to be a dangerous combination if she is placed in a position where she is pushed too far. Some with that combination display great confidence and rise to a leadership role quickly while others just as easily snap and turn into an irrational, unstoppable force of nature. Will she be another Hot Rod/Rodimus (or 'Bee)or will she turn out like Arcee when placed under pressure? She may go the route of Thundercracker, pulling a Cartman and saying "Screw You guys, I'm going home!" We just don't know and that's the fun of it.
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565388)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:12am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565437)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 15th, 2014 @ 1:05pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:When I first read this, I thought they were talking about FLIRTATION systems. I was like, "oh Starscream, you smug snake, making Wingblade feel all uncomfortable around you.

Would you put it past Starscream to do that just to make someone uncomfortable? :lol:
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565438)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2014 @ 1:16pm CDT
Sarah Stone has posted pure clean versions of some of the preview pages with no word bubbles - http://monsterboysandrobots.com/post/82750579010/some-clean-versions-of-the-pages-that-just-went-up
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565445)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 15th, 2014 @ 1:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Sounds like that's the conclusion he came to already on his own. It still can be frustrating to watch someone do something even if it is out of naivety.
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565459)
Posted by Vicalliose on April 15th, 2014 @ 2:33pm CDT

Well if this... 'thing' is here to stay they'd better bring Drift back.
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565462)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 15th, 2014 @ 2:43pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:they'd better bring Drift back.

Yeah, no. No more Drift please.
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565468)
Posted by Shadowstream on April 15th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
I must be going nuts, because the art style is growing on me... I think I've been spending too much time on DA and playing Megaman Zero. In terms of what little I see in this preview there's little to nothing gripping me about it, as can be said of pretty much anything this writer has done that I've looked into.

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Vicalliose wrote:they'd better bring Drift back.

Yeah, no. No more Drift please.

Why not If we have to put up with this amalgamation of "fan made" nonsense? >:oP
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565475)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 15th, 2014 @ 3:36pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:Kinda wish I had the capacity to go and get me a copy right away. I'd love to write a lengthy and whiny review about everything that's wrong with this.

Pray do tell.
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565477)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2014 @ 3:46pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

Pray do tell.
Yes, please, enlighten us feeble-minded simpletons as to what felonies this comic has committed by giving life to a character that the general public decided upon.
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565481)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 15th, 2014 @ 4:07pm CDT
I'm writing the Seibertron.com review right now, so any further negative comments will make me look at it more objectively - seeing as how I adored the issue. :D
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565508)
Posted by dragons on April 15th, 2014 @ 5:39pm CDT
Elita one, wingblade, starscream faces look to human not enough rough edges to make them look robotic prime, megatron and reattrap look like bots in faces but not others
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565513)
Posted by Down_Shift on April 15th, 2014 @ 5:53pm CDT
The artwork has character, but it doesn't suit any male characters. It's really unappealing. I will pick up the first issue to see how it's going, but I don't have high hopes for it.

It reminds me of someones fanfic... like on the next page Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are making out or some shit like that. I just can't get behind this art style for Transformers. Sure, it does the female robots for the most part but even then it feels like it's too much.
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565517)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 15th, 2014 @ 6:05pm CDT
Naaah, I love Stone's aesthetics. :D
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565520)
Posted by Downbeat on April 15th, 2014 @ 6:19pm CDT
This looks stellar, buying it tomorrow/preordering #2.
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565542)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:24pm CDT
I agree Down_Shift. I'm not a fan of the art style either.
Re: IDW Transformers: Windblade #1 Full Preview (1565556)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 15th, 2014 @ 9:15pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

Exactly why I thought it was intended. Now I kinda wish it was! :lol:

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS ARMADA MEGATRON 2015 NEW LEADER CLASS - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 43 minutes 42 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS THUNDERCRACKER 2015 NEW LEADER CLASS - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 13 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers RID Action Figure Masterpiece Starscream Walmart Excl new MISB 2007 - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 32 minutes 6 seconds
TRANSFORMERS RID ROBOTS IN DISGUISE BRUTICUS FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 47 minutes 26 seconds
G1 TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS NIGHT BIRD FEMALE NINJA Shadow NEW FEMBOT - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 17 minutes 23 seconds
BUMBLEBEE • COMPLETE W/CARD BACK • C9 •TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 18 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Generations Sergeant KUP & PERCEPTOR Hasbro & igea Gun &r Head Set - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 19 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS METROPLEX 2013 SDCC Exclusive Generations Titan Class COMPLETE NR - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 20 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016