Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview

Transformers News: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview

Tuesday, December 20th, 2011 6:06PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 41,997

Courtesy of our friends at IDW Publishing we have a seven page preview of "The Death of Optimus Prime" one-shot due to hit shelves tomorrow. Written by John Barber and James Roberts with art by Nick Roche this issue celebrates the 125th issue in IDW's Transformers continuity. Enjoy the preview below.

Credit(s): IDW
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325445)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 20th, 2011 @ 7:09pm CST
So, the Dark Age of Costa is over, finished?

And apparently, Optimus stayed dead for 3 weeks now?
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325448)
Posted by Heavy B on December 20th, 2011 @ 7:14pm CST
The R.I. cover is pretty metal. I might get that one.
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325456)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on December 20th, 2011 @ 8:56pm CST
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325474)
Posted by dinogeist on December 20th, 2011 @ 10:19pm CST
I read the 7 page preview it looks interesting. I can't judge the issue until I read the entire issue. I plan to buy it this wednesday & then read it.
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325489)
Posted by Anonymous. on December 20th, 2011 @ 10:57pm CST
I gotta bite the bullet and read through the painful art in the past 3 of 6 issues, and finally catch up to the current issue.
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325500)
Posted by sabrigami on December 20th, 2011 @ 11:23pm CST
OMG I want to read this so bad. I am really looking forward to a new year of comics. Too bad it's such a pain to track down the paper issues. Does anyone know of any good stores to buy digital copies from? I know Comixology (or whatever it's called) has them but I'm not to keen on only being able to read them online... Preferably I would like to just read them from my desktop (since I lack any devices that can support this stuff :-( )
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325578)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 21st, 2011 @ 8:24am CST
Orion Pax.........Optronix..........Orion Pax #-o

this is giving me a headache! Can't they just settle to one unified origin story?
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325614)
Posted by Seibertron on December 21st, 2011 @ 10:06am CST
fenrir72 wrote:Orion Pax.........Optronix..........Orion Pax #-o

I think Dreamwave's G1 continuity and perhaps the Shattered Glass storyline (if I recall correctly) are the only two instances where Optronix has been used. I'm assuming SG used it simply because that was the current precedent at that time. In all other continuities where a pre-Optimus Prime has been revealed, it has been Orion Pax.
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325621)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 21st, 2011 @ 10:36am CST
Yup but in this continuity, he's a cop. I mean, laborer/dockworker makes a far better background for an up and coming freedom fighter.

And in the 25th POS Ryan reviewed( the horrid pinkimus Prime)the box bio addressed him as Optronix..... :???:

Dockworker to Archivist can be slightly retconned but cop to .......IDW should at least get their continuity straight (not that DW was any better I'd grant that, though they at least addressed it earlier and not allowed the inconsistency to fester)
Re: IDW's "The Death of Optimus Prime" Seven Page Preview (1325679)
Posted by DoctorZero986 on December 21st, 2011 @ 12:54pm CST
I'm going try to get this issue as soon as I can.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism