I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed!

Transformers News: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed!

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 3:34AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 37,527

3rd party toy maker - I-Gear has revealed the images of the upcoming PP-05, or in other words Generation 1 Ironhide and Ratchet figures.

Courtesy of payton34 of TFW20005, we get to see the scanned images from the instruction booklet of I-Gear MP PP03J Not Ramjet.

On top of that i-Gear has updated their facebook page to include new prototype images of the Ironhide version. Just click the images to see the rest of the album!

We would like to remind readers that I-Gear products are not endorse by Hasbro Inc or Takara Tomy. Thus the design of the figures may violate the intellectual property rights of Hasbro or Takara Tomy as well as there being no guarantee regarding the quality of the products.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Flux Convoy, TFW2005, i-Gear
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231567)
Posted by Hal7300 on June 1st, 2011 @ 3:54am CDT
Looking good - what size class, voyager?
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231568)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on June 1st, 2011 @ 3:55am CDT
Oh yes, I like that Ironhide - so much for a simple retool of Inferno! :D

Very, very nice....
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231573)
Posted by Squawk'n'talk on June 1st, 2011 @ 4:16am CDT
These are looking nice. But shouldn't Ratchet's head be red?
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231577)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 1st, 2011 @ 4:34am CDT

I mean like seriously...Kup's head literally costs around 12 dollar which I'm sure you know is the EXACT price of Kup...I mean that's just CHEATING,HasTak made a complete figure,with alt mode and transfomation and even a weapon for just 12 dollars and then iGear make a brand new headsculpt and sell it for 12 DOLLARS!?

Sure it's 2 heads but really? 6 dollars each? And it's not like you could attach both at the same time and the two heads is pretty much the same mold except the other one have a tiny hole to put a piece of crap called "cygar"...

I plan on supporting some 3rd party products such as Perfect Effect and Fansproject but I will NEVER buy any of iGear's products...
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231581)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 1st, 2011 @ 4:39am CDT
Squawk'n'talk wrote:But shouldn't Ratchet's head be red?

Sorta, Ratchet has a lot of color variations for his head, I think iGear went with the logical choice with using the cartoon colors.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231584)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 1st, 2011 @ 4:56am CDT
CrimsonPrime wrote:Feh...No matter how good or cool iGear's stuff...I will NEVER EVER buy any of them cause most of the time all they do is just copy HasTak's work or make another headsculpt for a RIDICULOUS price.

These resemble the cartoon design of Ironhide and Ratchet however, they have never appeared in toy form this way. These are not copies of another companies work. People have thrown around this attack on iGear in the past. However, I don't believe that is fair. Aside from Faith Leader, repaints of Faith Leader and the Conehead Seekers, which I agree are blatant KO's, take a look at their catalog. You will see a deluxe sized Arcee, a G1 sized Autoscout, an upgrade for City Commander, an upcomming Nightbird, a reshell for Legends Bumblebee and Cliffjumper (you need to have the HasTak product to use it), better looking heads for Kup (again useless without the HasTak product), new heads for Masterpiece Prime (again...). Who have they copied those products from? They saw a gap in the market or things people complained about and have supplied those things. I have the Arcee that they released and have absolutely no complaints about that toy aside from the price (I actually got it for free but that's a story for another day). Just holding it your nightmares of Valkyrie just melt away. IGear's Arcee can actually stand. If you look at the stuff that isn't a blatant rip off, what have they done that is different from Fansproject or Perfect Effect?

Ironhide and Ratchet look amazing and just what everyone has been asking for since the lackluster HasTak versions. G1 accurate vehicle modes while fitting in with your Classicsverse toys. Ok, there are a couple of paint apps I wouldn't have chosen but I can fix that when I get them. Bring em on iGear, you have a willing buyer here.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231585)
Posted by Oskie21 on June 1st, 2011 @ 5:01am CDT
RA'JOE!!!!!!!! :grin:
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231588)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 1st, 2011 @ 5:18am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:

The Bumblebee is a full figure, it's a re-shelled KO of Legends Bumlbebee.
The MP Prime heads are KOs of a Japanese kitbasher's MP Prime resin cast upgrade set, only missing the articulated hands (which they did KO and resize for the Faith Leader).
Arcee and Nightbird are produced by a French fan and distributed by i-Gear, and I heard that Arcee was produced to be a USD50 toy, including i-Gear's expenses and profits, but i-Gear decided to sell them at 100 each.
The worst thing is, that their original designed products are so much better than their lazy KOs.

I'm impressed i-Gear, these do look really good, now surprise us and price them at a reasonable price like you did the Kup heads.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231590)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 1st, 2011 @ 5:23am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:

The Bumblebee is a full figure, it's a re-shelled KO of Legends Bumlbebee.

Ok, I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong. The last I heard Bumblebee and Cliffjumper were just a reshell but that is apparently not the case. I was also unaware the MP Prime heads and hands were from another kitbasher.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231591)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 1st, 2011 @ 5:28am CDT
They. Look. AMAZING!!! I may have to rethink my opinion of iGear. Robot modes look spectacular. Vehicle modes not so much. If Ddave's earlier post about these figure's size is correct then they're near as dammit makes no difference ultra class. A little too big for the Classics line, me thinks. May have to get Ironhide just because he has always been a favourite of mine.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231598)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 1st, 2011 @ 6:37am CDT

I don't think I'm impresssed to buy these (they'll probably be $110 for each), but I'm impressed with the work.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231610)
Posted by --B-- on June 1st, 2011 @ 7:15am CDT
Well, well, well, looks like I have some words to eat from page 1.

Now to find out how much.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231616)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 1st, 2011 @ 7:34am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm pretty impressed. See, iGear, THIS is what'll earn you respect. Not easily breakable MP KOs and poor attempts at a diarama set.

From what I was able to gather while searching around yesterday before this news hit, the figures should be around 7inches I think and that the cost should be around the $80 mark. Not so bad. Think most company's are gonna try and keep their stuff around that price range.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231620)
Posted by GetRightRobot on June 1st, 2011 @ 7:38am CDT
THOSE LOOK AWESOME!!! My classics shelf is overflowing with goodness already, but MAN I WANT THESE! I hope they dont do anything stupid, like make them scout sized. Come iGear, don't drop the ball!
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231622)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 1st, 2011 @ 7:47am CDT
Don't forget that there will most likely be repaints to these guys as well. Green and Black possibly. I wasn't sure if I was going to replace Ratchet at first, but after these pics, both of my classics Ratchet and Ironhide are done.

3 more figures to reveal!! :grin:
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231629)
Posted by Astronopolis on June 1st, 2011 @ 8:12am CDT
OMG so excited! :bay: TILL ALL ARE FUN :bay:
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231638)
Posted by Rated X on June 1st, 2011 @ 8:42am CDT
I hope they are classics size.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231640)
Posted by Requiem Prime on June 1st, 2011 @ 8:45am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:

$80? For reals??
It's like I'm looking at a strangers thinly disguised as people I know. Whoever you truly are, color me IMPRESSED.
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231656)
Posted by rpetras on June 1st, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT
SOLD!!!

I'll take one of each please!

After a little rework, classics Ratchet and Ironhide are really pretty nice figures.
I agree the alt modes have odd panel lines, but still.

But these appear to blow them out of the water!
Re: I-Gear Ironhide & Ratchet Revealed! (1231657)
Posted by DavidT on June 1st, 2011 @ 9:33am CDT
According to iGear, they are 19cm, 7.5 inches tall :grin:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Parts 1985 GRAPPLE INFERNO fist set - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 46 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Mecha Nation MN002 Black Optimus Prime Convoy LED figure Kids Logic - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 22 minutes 52 seconds
2010 Transformers Generations Reveal The Shield Special Turbo Tracks Classics NY - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 25 minutes 15 seconds
Kids Logic Transformers Kids Nations Clear Megatron + Optimus Prime Convoy 3inch - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 27 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Armada 12" Tidal Wave With MiniCon Ramjet - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 32 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Energon OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON New RID - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 47 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 MOTORMASTER MINT menasor hasbro takara MACAU - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 5 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Animated Deluxe Class Oil Slick Decepticon - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 41 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016