Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced

Transformers News: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 10:34AM CST

Categories: 3rd Party News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 32,173

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

iGear have announced the latest figure in their line of Mini Warriors, MW-03 Hench! You may know him better as Brawn. Check out the image mirrored from their facebook page below.

Update: Since Hench's reveal earlier today iGear have updated their facebook page with the following regarding the height of their next two Mini Warriors (the other being MW-04 UFO):

About the MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO, we plan to make them about 12CM≈4.7 inches, slightly higher than the other two released MiniWarriors, and the height of the rest Miniwarriors unreleased will be different too, depend on their scales in the G1 cartoon, will between 8CM to 12CM(3.1 to 4.7inches). We also welcome the proposal of the height of them, thanks.


Image
Credit(s): iGear
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349889)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 21st, 2012 @ 10:37am CST
Umm.. hell yeah...
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349894)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 21st, 2012 @ 10:52am CST
I just got the previous two like 15 minutes ago. They're pretty decent. This guy looks slightly better. It'll be nice to have a Brawn update.
:BOT:
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349900)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:01am CST
I wonder what took so long, since they announced UFO months ago.

Anyway, he looks cool. I hope we can store his shotgun somewhere... That's a real interesting thing about this line. You see "blasters" all over, but these weapons actually look like relatable guns.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349904)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:04am CST
give me a price now! and a preorder something! i want it!!!! =P~
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349907)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:08am CST
these little guys are really great. Hench seems to have a really nice leg transformation, notice how both wheels wrap around to fill out the calf. Really nice looking, can't wait! Oh, and look, the knee joint pivots in the correct direction! Has his G1 wingsin bot mode. Looking forward to the inevitable Outback repaint.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349908)
Posted by originaljk555 on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:15am CST
looks like he may suffer the same head problem as rager...big fingers...tiny little space makes turning head difficult.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349909)
Posted by Delicon on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:16am CST
He'll be more poseable than Legends Brawn, but I think that Brawn had a better headsculpt. Henkei Brawn though had a much more accurate paint job so I just can't the need for Hench here. Olive green works much better for me than this bright stuff. Hench and Legends Brawn almost look G2-ish.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349910)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:17am CST
Yeah, I'm buying this!
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349911)
Posted by 1111111222233333 on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:22am CST
Wow this looks incredible! I was originally going to skip out on the mini bots but this is just too good.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349913)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:30am CST
Delicon wrote:He'll be more poseable than Legends Brawn, but I think that Brawn had a better headsculpt. Henkei Brawn though had a much more accurate paint job so I just can't the need for Hench here. Olive green works much better for me than this bright stuff. Hench and Legends Brawn almost look G2-ish.


I disagree on your comments regarding the headsculpt and paint job. Weird eyes and black face on Legends:
Image

As for the Henkei offering, his olive green wasn't any more accurate to the original G1 figure, who was more of a forest green color:
Image
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349914)
Posted by JBStuka on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:31am CST
I think IGear is quickly becoming my favorite source for Transformers. (Wait a minute.... Shouldn't that be Takara or Hasbro?) Oops.... Oh well... Once again IGear is going to get my money!!! I love the fact that we are getting such an accurate and sweet set of G1 figures from them. I just wish they would get going on getting my Ratchet and Ironhide finished and to me. :D
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349917)
Posted by rpetras on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:41am CST
I think he meant this Henkei Brawn (the one in the middle)

Image

Personally, I'm looking forward to the iGear one, and the rest of their set.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349918)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:42am CST
Sweet! I like it.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349921)
Posted by Delicon on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:46am CST
rpetras wrote:I think he meant this Henkei Brawn (the one in the middle)

Image

Personally, I'm looking forward to the iGear one, and the rest of their set.


That would be correct. I have this one and don't really see the need for the iGear, although if I only had the Hasbro version, I'd probably bite.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349929)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:52am CST
It looks great, but ... I'll stick with Hasbro's.

Not that I think it's better. If the TF scene were slower I'd probably bite. This looks awesome. But I want some pretty big fish, so Legends Brawn is good enough.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349931)
Posted by Mkall on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:53am CST
I like it but I'm not too interested.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349935)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:59am CST
I'll buy it, and any other Mini Warriors iGear make. I'm very happy with Rager and Spray.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349950)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 21st, 2012 @ 12:31pm CST
They should really be working on a Gears. That's the guy missing from everyones Classics set.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349954)
Posted by soundwave85 on February 21st, 2012 @ 12:34pm CST
I think he looks awesome.Why don't they finish what they already have announced first like their ironhide and ratchet before they announce anything new.I also wonder where is the free golden bee that was suppose to ship in February.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349966)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 21st, 2012 @ 1:06pm CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:It looks great, but ... I'll stick with Hasbro's.

Not that I think it's better. If the TF scene were slower I'd probably bite. This looks awesome. But I want some pretty big fish, so Legends Brawn is good enough.


Ah, the most painful of deciding factors. It really hurts because these guys are definitely on the low end of 3rd parties. Especially through iGear's store.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349980)
Posted by necr0blivion on February 21st, 2012 @ 1:29pm CST
Looking forward to this release. For those who've asked in this thread, I'd imagine that UFO would be at the same time as Hench (unless the put up that repaint Rager in the slot), and that the cost would be $18 through iGear's store. Not even going to speculate on an ETA, as some of their last few projects continue to get delayed (preorders for weapons upgrade kit, Ironhide/Ratchet still not released yet; at least Traitor and the first two mini-bots were released close to when they were supposed to).
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349981)
Posted by Sentinel Maximus on February 21st, 2012 @ 1:35pm CST
These are awesome! Keep them coming iGear!

Great choice a shotgun for Brawn's weapon
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349989)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 21st, 2012 @ 2:04pm CST
thats pretty cool, looks like a cross between G1 and generations.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1349992)
Posted by Motorthing on February 21st, 2012 @ 2:10pm CST
Funking Hell Yes. Sold. Twice.

More!!!
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350033)
Posted by combiner711 on February 21st, 2012 @ 3:32pm CST
I hope they'll make all this minibots in a scout size, so that it will look really nice standing side by side with classics deluxe figures. >:oP
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350040)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on February 21st, 2012 @ 3:48pm CST
I thought the Cosmos was the next to be released correct me if i'm wrong.

I like the look of him he looks bulky and strong just the look for a not Brawn
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350061)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 21st, 2012 @ 4:54pm CST
I want him and I want him yesterday. =P~
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350100)
Posted by craggy on February 21st, 2012 @ 6:28pm CST
I have the Henkei Legends and when I saw the Hasbro one for the first time online I thought it was a KO. I love my Rager, and this does look really great, but I'm a little sad that he's not a more olive colour.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350102)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 21st, 2012 @ 6:30pm CST
Looks great, I'm all in on this guy and Cosmos. I can't wait to see the next MakeToy two pack as well.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350161)
Posted by MGrotusque on February 21st, 2012 @ 9:49pm CST
This is an example of how little it takes to make the fandom happy. WHy can't Hasbro figure out this painfully obvious concept. Simple,G1 and articulated. :roll:

Nice figure.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350167)
Posted by Rated X on February 21st, 2012 @ 10:18pm CST
monstergrotusque wrote:This is an example of how little it takes to make the fandom happy. WHy can't Hasbro figure out this painfully obvious concept. Simple,G1 and articulated. :roll:

Nice figure.



:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

And at 20 bucks Im all in !!!
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350168)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 21st, 2012 @ 10:20pm CST
monstergrotusque wrote:This is an example of how little it takes to make the fandom happy. WHy can't Hasbro figure out this painfully obvious concept. Simple,G1 and articulated. :roll:

Nice figure.

Honestly, it would probably exceed their budget per figure.

Of course, until I have Rager I'm speaking out of my ass. Maybe they could have done a better job with what they had. They could have painted the face silver at least.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350171)
Posted by Kung Fu Man on February 21st, 2012 @ 10:34pm CST
Calling it now: Next from Dr. Wu, facemask for iGear Hench!

On a less humorous note, I've wanted a good Brawn since I first saw him in the cartoon. He's getting a place on my shelf.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350175)
Posted by Stormrider on February 21st, 2012 @ 10:55pm CST
Sweet figure.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350181)
Posted by VinKlem on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:13pm CST
This guy looks ok but nothing like our man g1 brawn. i'll stick with my Hunt for the Decepticon scout class firetrap. to me he looks much more the part. i like the mini-bots being scout class. it just makes so much more sense. i hope some time soon hasbro does a scout class huffer and gears. but we'll never see them...
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350183)
Posted by El Duque on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:22pm CST
From the iGear facebook page regarding the height of MW-04 and MW-05:

About the MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO, we plan to make them about 12CM≈4.7 inches, slightly higher than the other two released MiniWarriors, and the height of the rest Miniwarriors unreleased will be different too, depend on their scales in the G1 cartoon, will between 8CM to 12CM(3.1 to 4.7inches). We also welcome the proposal of the height of them, thanks.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350188)
Posted by VinKlem on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:33pm CST
El Duque wrote:From the iGear facebook page regarding the height of MW-04 and MW-05:

About the MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO, we plan to make them about 12CM≈4.7 inches, slightly higher than the other two released MiniWarriors, and the height of the rest Miniwarriors unreleased will be different too, depend on their scales in the G1 cartoon, will between 8CM to 12CM(3.1 to 4.7inches). We also welcome the proposal of the height of them, thanks.


so the first two igear MW- spray and huffer will be alot shorter than the rest. that will look so dumb. it will throw the look of the whole set ...why change this? they should redo them then and give a refund to the ppl that bought the first miget sized ones. i'd be very mad if i purchased one of those guys. :sad:
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350190)
Posted by Kung Fu Man on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:45pm CST
I think they mean that since these characters are taller in the cartoon scale, they'll end up taller. They're not saying that every one of these figures will be taller than those two.

Sadly the scale guide for the cartoon is kinda useless here since it doesn't actually show these characters and tended to be inconsistent as hell. Some days, Starscream was as tall as Megatron, others he was significantly shorter.

Jeez.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350203)
Posted by Rated X on February 22nd, 2012 @ 12:56am CST
El Duque wrote:From the iGear facebook page regarding the height of MW-04 and MW-05:

About the MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO, we plan to make them about 12CM≈4.7 inches, slightly higher than the other two released MiniWarriors, and the height of the rest Miniwarriors unreleased will be different too, depend on their scales in the G1 cartoon, will between 8CM to 12CM(3.1 to 4.7inches). We also welcome the proposal of the height of them, thanks.



My proposal:

Make the whole line scout size including a larger version of Rager and Spray. I wont cry over 40 bucks lost if they change up the sizes early in the line. "Mini" toy size was clearly meant as a novelty for kids and their cheap parents. (same goes for legends class) Collectors want scout class figures that match the cartoon scale nicely next to deluxe and voyager figures. Nobody really wanted pocket sized happy meal toys, we just accepted it because the molds are that damn cool.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350207)
Posted by Mkall on February 22nd, 2012 @ 1:55am CST
12 CM is about Scout sized, which means that I'll probably be going for these two.

I passed on Seaspray and Powerglide because I liked their Takara versions better, however I am looking at getting rid of much of the few Legends I still have, so an upgrade of these two will be very welcome.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350230)
Posted by combiner711 on February 22nd, 2012 @ 5:07am CST
HELL YEAH!!. My request just got granted, scout size brawn!! :DANCE: This will sure hit my shelves, now I want to see the cosmos figure woOhooOO!
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350245)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 22nd, 2012 @ 7:42am CST
Rated X wrote:My proposal:

Make the whole line scout size including a larger version of Rager and Spray. I wont cry over 40 bucks lost if they change up the sizes early in the line. "Mini" toy size was clearly meant as a novelty for kids and their cheap parents. (same goes for legends class) Collectors want scout class figures that match the cartoon scale nicely next to deluxe and voyager figures. Nobody really wanted pocket sized happy meal toys, we just accepted it because the molds are that damn cool.


What he said. Many times. iGear: read it. Learn it.

Mkall's right about 12cm being scout sized. If the rest of the MiniWarriors are 12cm tall I'll be very happy.

It appears iGear have heard the fans and acted on it. Kudos to them. But if they'd done a little research in the beginning it could've been avoided in the first place. That said, Spray and Rager were cheap enough that I'd even be willing to write them off and pay again for them to be done again in this new size.

Regarding this figure though: me likes. Me likes a lot.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350255)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 22nd, 2012 @ 8:41am CST
Don't like this news much. That means theyd on't exactly fill holes in the official stuff very well.

On the upside, now Windcharger won't be the sole Classics Scout in my collection.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350320)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 22nd, 2012 @ 12:15pm CST
Rated X wrote:Nobody really wanted pocket sized happy meal toys, we just accepted it because the molds are that damn cool.

I did. I still do. Some characters are just smaller.

Mkall wrote:12 CM is about Scout sized, which means that I'll probably be going for these two.

I passed on Seaspray and Powerglide because I liked their Takara versions better, however I am looking at getting rid of much of the few Legends I still have, so an upgrade of these two will be very welcome.

The Seaspray and Powerglide set was from Maketoys and they're noticeably smaller than Spray and Rager.

I was cool with their size but to find out that the figures are going to be dependent on the wildly inconsistent animation from the '80s, I just have one question: Are we getting a massive Rager or a tiny Hoist?

Image

Seriously, I care more about them being the same size than show accurate.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350342)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on February 22nd, 2012 @ 1:09pm CST
I like the fact that they are making them bigger Brawn was bigger than Huffer so making him bigger than Rager is acurate but he was only a couple of inches taller :BOWDOWN:
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350377)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 22nd, 2012 @ 2:48pm CST
zodconvoy wrote:
Rated X wrote:Nobody really wanted pocket sized happy meal toys, we just accepted it because the molds are that damn cool.

I did. I still do. Some characters are just smaller.

Mkall wrote:12 CM is about Scout sized, which means that I'll probably be going for these two.

I passed on Seaspray and Powerglide because I liked their Takara versions better, however I am looking at getting rid of much of the few Legends I still have, so an upgrade of these two will be very welcome.

The Seaspray and Powerglide set was from Maketoys and they're noticeably smaller than Spray and Rager.

I was cool with their size but to find out that the figures are going to be dependent on the wildly inconsistent animation from the '80s, I just have one question: Are we getting a massive Rager or a tiny Hoist?

Image

Seriously, I care more about them being the same size than show accurate.


Same here. Scale, in Transformers, is not even close to absolute nor should it be. Hasbro's Seaspray and Powerglide are good toys and perfect for me. And I'm not gonna buy another Huffer that's a full friggin' two inches or so taller.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350446)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 22nd, 2012 @ 7:12pm CST
zodconvoy wrote:
Rated X wrote:Nobody really wanted pocket sized happy meal toys, we just accepted it because the molds are that damn cool.

I did. I still do. Some characters are just smaller.

Mkall wrote:12 CM is about Scout sized, which means that I'll probably be going for these two.

I passed on Seaspray and Powerglide because I liked their Takara versions better, however I am looking at getting rid of much of the few Legends I still have, so an upgrade of these two will be very welcome.

The Seaspray and Powerglide set was from Maketoys and they're noticeably smaller than Spray and Rager.

I was cool with their size but to find out that the figures are going to be dependent on the wildly inconsistent animation from the '80s, I just have one question: Are we getting a massive Rager or a tiny Hoist?


iGear's two are noticeably bigger than the MakeToy Seaspray, but not Powerglide.

I'm happy to hear they are now scout size but it makes me a little bummed that Seaspray and Huffer will be left out of the up scaling.
Re: iGear Mini Warrior MW-03 Hench Announced (1350489)
Posted by Rated X on February 22nd, 2012 @ 10:08pm CST
The molds are based on the cartoon so shouldn’t the figures be ???

I’m not saying it has to be perfect, but shouldn’t Seaspray and Huffer be somewhat the same height as their comrades instead of coming face to face with their groins ??? :-?

Image

If the my first picture doesn’t make people understand, this one will. ;)

Image
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014