iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning

Transformers News: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning

Wednesday, September 14th, 2011 12:26PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Knock Offs, 3rd Party News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 68,585

Third-party toy maker iGear has listed pre-orders for PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning. These are iGear's unofficial versions of Skywarp, Starscream, and Thundercracker respectively using their modified knock-off Masterpiece Seeker mold. Each figure features a more cartoon accurate deco and a modification to the legs that integrates the hip kibble that is present on the official Masterpiece Seeker mold onto the lower legs. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): SW's SilverHammer, Daimchoc, iGear
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289421)
Posted by prmlove1 on September 14th, 2011 @ 12:37pm CDT
I don't need Starscream or Skywarp but I definitely want Thundercracker and the other seekers.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289429)
Posted by Praxus Prime on September 14th, 2011 @ 12:58pm CDT
I may consider buying any of these. I already have MP Skywarp, but hey, why not add another to my collection?
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289432)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 14th, 2011 @ 1:07pm CDT
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289433)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 14th, 2011 @ 1:08pm CDT
Do the mold alterations include removing the rotating face feature? I already have the Wal-Mart Starscream, but these look so good I'd get all 3...therefore Hasbro will finally sue them over this before I save up enough.

Come on iGear, where are those &%@#ing Shark Sentries!?! You used to make true 3rd party stuff like Autoscouts that weren't as likely to invoke lawsuits!
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289440)
Posted by Kung Fu Man on September 14th, 2011 @ 1:21pm CDT
Do kinda wish they were just a little shorter so they'd match up to Faith Leader Optimus a bit better. Still this definitely looks like a Starscream I'll want for my collection.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289456)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 14th, 2011 @ 1:58pm CDT
Wow, I sure hope they make a MP scale Grimlock or Hot Rod next, because those would be totally sweet and HasTak arent making thems.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289467)
Posted by ShadowGinrai on September 14th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CDT
I like the decos on these alot better than HAS/TAK versions. What is the quality of iGear products because from what I have seen in different reviews it looks to me like they break easily and are cheap. My HASBRO MP Screamer broke after a month and I do not want a repeat with a 3rd party or other official seekers. If they are good quality then Skywarp (maybe Thundercracker and Starscream) will be mine! :CON:
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289479)
Posted by Joetx on September 14th, 2011 @ 2:44pm CDT

Does anyone have any iGear figures? Is the quality comparable to Hasbro's?
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289487)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 14th, 2011 @ 2:53pm CDT
Joetx wrote:If iGear was going to do a "Thundercracker," I'm surprised they went to the trouble to do Current. It would've made more sense to do a generic, lavender-colored Seeker instead.

Does anyone have any iGear figures? Is the quality comparable to Hasbro's?

I only have their Kup head which is good, but I mostly hear horror stories when it comes to their MP KOs.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289493)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 14th, 2011 @ 3:06pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:I Want all six of the primary seekers, they sell them all, correct? How much we talking here? I never got to complete my classics collection of them, so a grand total of all six would be...?

If you buy them all directly from igear it would be $740 shipped ($440 for the coneheads and $100 each for Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker.

If you buy the coneheads from Tfsource you can get them for much cheaper ($341.95 + shipping). Tfsource doesn't have the original three yet. But if you bought the coneheads from TFsource and Starcream, Skywarp and Thundercracker from igear, you are looking at around $660.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289499)
Posted by El Duque on September 14th, 2011 @ 3:13pm CDT
I have their Conehead trio, and they are on par with Official release quality. In fact I was just messing with Thrust last night. I think the low QC is associated with their Faith Leader who suffered from his size reduction.

I hate to admit but these are tempting, and I own all the official releases. I really like the colors and the leg transformations are superior in my opinion.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289501)
Posted by NTESHFT on September 14th, 2011 @ 3:16pm CDT
I may get "Lightning" since Hasbro has yet to make a G1 Thundercracker. And Hasbro wonders why people are going with third party makers more and more............... :roll:
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289508)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on September 14th, 2011 @ 3:31pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Yes, I can totally see how iGear is doing something to fill a void in Collections around the world, because we all know neither Hasbro nor Takara have ever or will ever reelase MP Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. I am so happy that iGear is actually giving us what fans have always wanted, MP Seekers.

Finally, you've seen the light! You're totally right man, HasTak isn't going to make seekers as great as these. They'll keep churning out repaints of their cruddy seeker mold. Haven't even seen a Hasbro release of Thundercracker yet:( I think you're close with your idea of releasing Grimlock, maybe if they upscaled him though. Now you're talking! Hotrod/Rodimus Prime, wasn't a huge fan of the mold, I'm sure they would be able to make it better though.

Dead Metal wrote:

Does anyone have any iGear figures? Is the quality comparable to Hasbro's?

I've said from the jump, these products are good quality. But please, please don't take my word for it. Ask peaugh. Ask your colleague El Duque. I remember listening to the podcast he sat in on, I rejoiced when he said outright that if you didn't know they weren't official, you would believe they are legit. Everything about them works. The mods are significant and they even give nods to their inspiration (collaborator) Wheeljack, with a molded WJ face on the inner thigh. The mods to the main body are cleverly and professionally designed. The joints are stiff but not too stiff, paint apps are great, and they come with a heap of stickers to decorate your seeker with. It's a shame that you don't have one for yourself, all you can do is let others tell you what to think about these figures. And remember, we're discussing the seekers here. Save your hatred of Crystal Leader for a different thread when you reply.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289525)
Posted by Joetx on September 14th, 2011 @ 4:18pm CDT

I only have MP Starscream. I really hate his hip kibble.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289528)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 14th, 2011 @ 4:26pm CDT
I just don't see the need for these. Like, at all.
:BOT:
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289533)
Posted by El Duque on September 14th, 2011 @ 4:37pm CDT
Joetx wrote:Does anyone know of the size relation b/t iGear's Seekers vs. the MP Seekers (i.e., are they as tall)?

I only have MP Starscream. I really hate his hip kibble.

Same size.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289535)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on September 14th, 2011 @ 4:41pm CDT

I only have MP Starscream. I really hate his hip kibble.

The MP and PP seekers all see eye to eye, the coneheads are slightly taller because of, well, the cones. Shoulder to shoulder, they are the same height.
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289541)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 14th, 2011 @ 5:08pm CDT
Don't really care for Skywarp, since I've already got him, but I would like to pick up at least Starscream, since I missed out on him when he was released back in... 2007, right? I forgot. :P
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289547)
Posted by Stormrider on September 14th, 2011 @ 5:29pm CDT
Is it just the camera or do the details really look like crap?
Re: iGear PP03 Destroyer, PP03 Traitor, and PP03 Lightning (1289554)
Posted by harlemshogun316 on September 14th, 2011 @ 5:56pm CDT
I purchased the IGear Ramjet at Botcon and I thought the quality of the figures was very good IMO. about a 7.5 to 8 out of 10.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering