Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock

Transformers News: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock

Monday, March 22nd, 2010 9:57AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 37,226

"Me Grimlock Me King...." Yes, we're speaking English this time around. The Takara version goes out the window as the Hasbro version of Masterpiece Grimlock has appeared over at Actoys forum. Member 反冲 has uploaded a gallery of the toy. The Hasbro version of MP Grimlock comes with a crown, different colour lighting sword, blunt teeth (& sword edges) as well as minor differences in paint application. However, other accessories such as the apron, cup tray, and other items from the original MP Grimlock are not included. With that, this release is much like MP-08X King Grimlock, instead of MP-08 Grimlock.

You can check all other images at Actoys.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com, the Ultimate Resource of Transformers!
Credit(s): Actoys
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056758)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:22am CDT
MP-08X can suck it. This is the better "King" version. But, I really want the other accessories, so it looks like I'll be getting this and the Takara regular release.
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056759)
Posted by Naked Magnus on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:22am CDT

:P

Actually, my apron and drink tray are still in my MP-08 box. Never saw the need to put them on. I still despise the fact that G1 season 3 turned Grimlock from a bad-ass into a stumbling Jar Jar Binks.
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056766)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:39am CDT
Oh, now doesn't that look totally awesome. And no apron and so? Thank you for removing those Hasbro, since they where unnecessary (and completely useless) anyways. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056769)
Posted by Bouncy X on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:43am CDT

is it because he's a gun? i mean come on, its ok to sell kids nerf SWORDS that can do some real damage used right, but its wrong to sell a toy that looks like a gun? lol
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056774)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:55am CDT
thats the american toy laws in action~ untill some parent sues a toy company for thier kid swallowing thier nerf sword, or getting shot by a cop for thinking it was real, swords are hunky-dorey
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056779)
Posted by alternator77 on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:02am CDT
call me skeptical but i have a hard time believing that is the hasbro release seeing as they forgot to remove those razor sharp claws. some kids gonna claw their eye out and then hasbro will get sued royally.if they trimmed off a little on primes smokestacks and ss and sw wings yet forgot this theyre asking for trouble.
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056785)
Posted by --B-- on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:25am CDT
I agree that the loss of the bowtie, apron etc are fine, I wouldn't have used them. I like the crown but I doubt I will use it much. I can't wait for this one, he is buy on sight and I already have the cash set aside for him!
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056786)
Posted by GEEWUN on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:25am CDT
His crown isn't molded in I hope....
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056787)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:27am CDT
G1 toy accurate deco?
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056793)
Posted by Torneira on March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:44am CDT
This mouthplate looks to be paintbrushed in wrong colour... looks like a little bit of silver went over it, at least I think so :-B
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056800)
Posted by rpetras on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:10pm CDT
I have the original Takara release, but I may be getting this too.

If it makes it to super-sale like Skywarp did it'll be a definite.
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056804)
Posted by fairplaythings on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:13pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:so hasbro made their versions of masterpiece figures for Prime, Starscream, Skywarp and now Grimlock. how come they never had a Megatron? i'm not collecting each MP figure but i wouldnt mind having Megatron to accompany my Prime and the seekers.

It's because he looks like a real gun, something that cannot be said for nerf swords. And the law is specific with respect to realistic looking guns, as oppose to foamy swords. To see what happens when people wield a Megatron in public, read the history of a takedown from last summer.

Ironically, you can carry a real gun in far more states than you can carry a Megatron.
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056808)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:21pm CDT
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the extra paint apps look just a bit too busy. The orange sword and crown are awesome though. But I already ordered the crown add-on for my Takara MP Grimlock, so I'm happy with it. I am a little envious of orange sword though.

Anyways, this is awesome for those who have yet to get MP Grimlock!
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056809)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:30pm CDT
Hell... freaking... yes.
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056811)
Posted by videriant on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:36pm CDT
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056814)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 22nd, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
videriant wrote:Some of the other sites have all the pictures and you can see that the claws and teeth are nubbed.

[color=teal]
Yeah, you can find the rest of the pictures in the link we provide. We aren't pricks so we don't steal all of the images from a source. [/color]
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056824)
Posted by King Slick on March 22nd, 2010 @ 1:33pm CDT
revengeofstarscream wrote:What?? No apron, bow tie, and drink tray? Come on, everyone knows those accessories are THE reason why we all bought MP-08. The fact that MP-08X did not come with an apron was the deal breaker for me. Nobody want's to pose Grimlock in a fierce battle stance when they can doll him up as a butler who waits on other bots to serve drinks.

:P

Grimlock was Jar Jar before Jar Jar was Jar Jar. Why does that sound like something Jar Jar would of said?
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056838)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on March 22nd, 2010 @ 1:57pm CDT
I'm probably the only one disappointed he doesn't have the waiter gear (for real). I like goofy stuff like that :-B . It would have been a must buy with that at retail price, now I'm on the fense... :-?
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056853)
Posted by ang3l3s on March 22nd, 2010 @ 2:26pm CDT
like the red sword but love the takara box....hhhmmmmm guess i might buy both.
Re: Images of Hasbro Version Masterpiece Grimlock (1056899)
Posted by Naked Magnus on March 22nd, 2010 @ 4:11pm CDT
ang3l3s wrote:like the red sword but love the takara box....hhhmmmmm guess i might buy both.

Looks like the white sword is the Hasbro version from the picture of Grimlock holding it. Or am I wrong?

Ending Soon On eBay

TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS TF GENERATIONS TG05 TG-05 BRAWL - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 16 minutes 37 seconds
Mp Tracks Transformers Masterpiece 25 Takara Tomy Corvette Coin Figure New Chevr - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 1 minute 51 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS TF GENERATIONS TG06 TG-06 SWINDLE - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 18 minutes 56 seconds
100% Hasbro Transformers Combiner War G2 Superion Quickslinger Powrglide Firefly - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 36 minutes 28 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS TF GENERATIONS TG07 TG-07 ONSLAUGHT - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 36 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 WHIRL loose figure bandai - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 26 minutes 13 seconds
100% Hasbro Transformers Platinum Ed Dinobots G1 Head Grimlock Slug Slog Set 5 - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 27 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Figure: Cyclonus - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 31 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks