Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Transformers News: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

Monday, March 25th, 2013 1:37AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 22,110

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Twitter user TFYuki has posted pictures of the newly released Fortress Maximus Encore reissue from TakaraTomy. Looks nearly identical to the original, with a few notable changes. If you'd like to see an original, check out Seibertron's own gallery of Fortress Maximus, located here.

A handful of the pictures have been mirrored here for your viewing. The full gallery can be located here: http://twitpic.com/photos/TFYUKI (Please note that TFYuki is currently in the process of adding new pics, so please keep checking back for more images as the day goes on.)

In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus

In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus


American buyers should be seeing this hitting US shores via BBTS (early air shipment @ $379.99, regular shipment @ $329.99)TFSource (Early @ $399.95 and FREE US SHIPPING and late @ $349.95 and FREE US SHIPPING) and the like rather shortly. Looking like that April release date is holding true.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news and updates!
Credit(s): TFYuki
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474060)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 25th, 2013 @ 1:56am CDT
The only thing that could possibly make this cooler for me is if there was an option for Fort Max to come in a replica of his original American box. But seeing as how this is an Encore release by a Japanese company from (what was essentially) a Japanese-only cartoon toyline, I totally get why he's in the box that he is.

Either way, when mine shows up in a few weeks, 26 years of waiting and wanting will come to an end. :DANCE: :BOT:
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474061)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 25th, 2013 @ 2:04am CDT
Finally. We've waited a long time for this.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474065)
Posted by dabattousai on March 25th, 2013 @ 2:42am CDT
I'm going to get him later on, possibly for Christmas. I also want to see if Takara will repaint him into Grand Maximus.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474067)
Posted by alldarker on March 25th, 2013 @ 3:53am CDT
Hey good lookin', where you been all my life :)

I read that some retailers might get him with a slight delay, due to all packages needing to be re-checked for extra QA. It'll mean double-taping on all Encore FM boxes.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474075)
Posted by RhA on March 25th, 2013 @ 6:06am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:The only thing that could possibly make this cooler for me is if there was an option for Fort Max to come in a replica of his original American box. But seeing as how this is an Encore release by a Japanese company from (what was essentially) a Japanese-only cartoon toyline, I totally get why he's in the box that he is.

Either way, when mine shows up in a few weeks, 26 years of waiting and wanting will come to an end. :DANCE: :BOT:


He'll fit so nicely with my Megazarak box.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474077)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 25th, 2013 @ 6:35am CDT
I'm sorry to say I've cancelled my pre-order. Tightening wallet strings and the new Generations Metroplex conspire against him. Will pick him up during a quiet month (if he's still around. Good numbers at BBTS so not too worried).
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474091)
Posted by Ketchup on March 25th, 2013 @ 8:40am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Good numbers at BBTS so not too worried


I have seen others say things like this in the past. How can you tell how much of an item BBTS has in stock? I can't seem to find anywhere that states that.

Thanks!
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474093)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 25th, 2013 @ 8:49am CDT
Ketchup wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Good numbers at BBTS so not too worried


I have seen others say things like this in the past. How can you tell how much of an item BBTS has in stock? I can't seem to find anywhere that states that.

Thanks!


its simple. Just go on fort max put him in your cart and change the quantity to some crazy number like 100,000 and update they should tell you have many they have instock once refreshed. then quickly change the number back to zero and make sure you don't check out lol

Anyway can't wait for my Fort Max!!
Although in my mind Fort Max is the character that got destroy by overlord in LSOTW and in MTMTE. It still confuses me a lil how different these two characters are in terms of looks (they look almost nothing alike lol)
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474146)
Posted by KNM2012 on March 25th, 2013 @ 4:11pm CDT
Biggest irony to this is that I wanted to be surprised by this, but the packaging looks exactly like the way I expected it to look. :-B But even then, I am anticipating the day I get this bad boy! :lol:
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474147)
Posted by Defcon! on March 25th, 2013 @ 4:15pm CDT
Very nice indeed. I'm not into the encore figures but this is the exception. I've come to terms with more than likely never owning an original. :D
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474156)
Posted by alldarker on March 25th, 2013 @ 4:27pm CDT
From the TFSource Facebook page:
Here is an Encore Fortress Maximus Update - be sure to read through! Preorder yours at TFsource here:
http://tfsource.com/encore/fortress-maximus/
http://tfsource.com/encore/fortress-max ... y-release/

Today Takara pulled back all of the Fort Max stock for a second QC inspection. Due to this some stock did not pass, and Takara has to do a new run. This will not be finished until the end of April. The good news - TFsource will receive all of our stock on schedule shipping out later this week. Many shops will not.

The bad news - all of the first run of Fort Max will be double-taped. Some collectors are very particular about this, so be aware all stock we receive will be double-taped. It's unavoidable due to the circumstances, but also a check to show that the product passed the QC check. Takara did not release any information on what the QC issues are that caused this.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474183)
Posted by RhA on March 25th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CDT
A delay? The anticipation is killing me.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474223)
Posted by KNM2012 on March 25th, 2013 @ 8:39pm CDT
alldarker wrote:From the TFSource Facebook page:
Here is an Encore Fortress Maximus Update - be sure to read through! Preorder yours at TFsource here:
http://tfsource.com/encore/fortress-maximus/
http://tfsource.com/encore/fortress-max ... y-release/

Today Takara pulled back all of the Fort Max stock for a second QC inspection. Due to this some stock did not pass, and Takara has to do a new run. This will not be finished until the end of April. The good news - TFsource will receive all of our stock on schedule shipping out later this week. Many shops will not.

The bad news - all of the first run of Fort Max will be double-taped. Some collectors are very particular about this, so be aware all stock we receive will be double-taped. It's unavoidable due to the circumstances, but also a check to show that the product passed the QC check. Takara did not release any information on what the QC issues are that caused this.


I sent them a message about this, as I did order mine through them and also plan to submit it to AFA - Which means that if even the second release (as in not the early release) has this issue, I might have to wait a bit longer for them to send me mine. :BOOM:
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474230)
Posted by Cliff Jumper on March 25th, 2013 @ 9:13pm CDT
Can't wait!!!
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474370)
Posted by El Duque on March 26th, 2013 @ 12:11pm CDT
Takara Tomy's TFYUKI has updated his twitter account with some updated images of their soon to be released Transformers Encore #23 Fortress Maximus!

We also have an update from site sponsor TFsource:

Here is an Encore Fortress Maximus Update - be sure to read through! Preorder yours at TFsource here:
http://tfsource.com/encore/fortress-maximus/
http://tfsource.com/encore/fortress-max ... y-release/

Today Takara pulled back all of the Fort Max stock for a second QC inspection. Due to this some stock did not pass, and Takara has to do a new run. This will not be finished until the end of April. The good news - TFsource will receive all of our stock on schedule shipping out later this week. Many shops will not.

The bad news - all of the first run of Fort Max will be double-taped. Some collectors are very particular about this, so be aware all stock we receive will be double-taped. It's unavoidable due to the circumstances, but also a check to show that the product passed the QC check. Takara did not release any information on what the QC issues are that caused this.


Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474376)
Posted by Deruji on March 26th, 2013 @ 1:07pm CDT
Text in 2nd picture: "The sticker sheet was folded into two halves."

Text in 3rd picture: "The styrofoam block is missing."

Text in 4th picture: "The eyes are painted."


EDIT: checked original tweets for exact context
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474386)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on March 26th, 2013 @ 1:46pm CDT
Nice to hear at least one of the companies making Transformers cares about QC.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474396)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 26th, 2013 @ 3:00pm CDT
I'm not a serious MISB collector, so could someone tell me....double taping? Does that just mean the box is sealed at various points with two applications of tape? How does that affect the toy's value?
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474398)
Posted by Burn on March 26th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
Optimum Supreme wrote:Nice to hear at least one of the companies making Transformers cares about QC.


Given the size and cost of him TT have no choice BUT to make sure there aren't any QC issues with him.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474401)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 26th, 2013 @ 3:17pm CDT
Guessing that means it was taped.... RE-OPENED to re-inspect... the re-sealed with a second piece of tape. To MISB collectors, it would appear that their MISB item was opened, thus ruining it's resale value.

If you're planning on keeping it MISB, best to get the re-issue sealed one. Planning on opening it, this early run is for YOU!

:grin:
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474405)
Posted by RhA on March 26th, 2013 @ 3:30pm CDT
I'm cracking that thing open AND I DESERVE IT.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474417)
Posted by Cybertronian on March 26th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CDT
Deruji wrote:Text in 2nd picture: "The sticker sheet was folded into two halves."

Text in 3rd picture: "The styrofoam block is missing."

Text in 4th picture: "The eyes are painted."

EDIT: checked original tweets for exact context


Thank you, Deruji. You told me exactly what I wanted to know. I may not be able to pre-order, but I hope the price isn't UNGODLY when I do finally get to buy one.
-- Cybertronian. :BOT:
P.S.: (Fantasizes of a new centerpiece for my dream model railroad layout. Lionel... meet FM!)
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474418)
Posted by Cybertronian on March 26th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CDT
RhA wrote:I'm cracking that thing open AND I DESERVE IT.

RhA, if this were Facebook (or Twitter), I'd "like" your comment. ;)^ I couldn't agree more.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474420)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 26th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT
I hope everyone post pictures after getting theirs! Would love to see that Lionel train set run around Fort Max!

As for me, I'm going to try to figure out a good way to combine two of them (i.e. old one and reissue) into an attractive, believable city mode. Any inspiration you know about? I managed a great combined G1 metroplex city from two, but haven't seen or heard of anyone tackling one from Fort Max.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474426)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 26th, 2013 @ 5:58pm CDT
Cybertronian wrote:
RhA wrote:I'm cracking that thing open AND I DESERVE IT.

RhA, if this were Facebook (or Twitter), I'd "like" your comment. ;)^ I couldn't agree more.


I'd 'like' it as well. I've waited so long for a Fort Max. No way in HELL am I keeping mine in the box!
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474427)
Posted by KNM2012 on March 26th, 2013 @ 6:17pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Guessing that means it was taped.... RE-OPENED to re-inspect... the re-sealed with a second piece of tape. To MISB collectors, it would appear that their MISB item was opened, thus ruining it's resale value.

If you're planning on keeping it MISB, best to get the re-issue sealed one. Planning on opening it, this early run is for YOU!

:grin:


From a strict MISB collector, I see this as such. However... I was given good news from Jeremy at TFsource. It appears that this is only affecting the early bird orders, not the other release. However, if you still want a single taped MISB piece, it is best to email the store requesting one... Instead of just holding off.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474509)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 27th, 2013 @ 3:51am CDT
I'm a fan of G1 and have bought as many reissues as I can but I just can't get excited about Fort Max and I don't know why.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474521)
Posted by Bowspearer on March 27th, 2013 @ 6:56am CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:From a strict MISB collector, I see this as such.


Not necessarily, but alot depends on how thoughtful TakaraTomy are here.

If TakaraTomy are just using standard tape to retape the box then your point is spot on.

However I'm reminded of how customs approaches retaping packages, where the tape is printed with writing stating that the box has been opened and inspected by them. Brown goods companies have done the same with things like DVD players. If TakaraTomy have properly thought things through on this and if the run is large enough to justify it, then there's no reason why TakaraTomy couldn't use tape with writing on it to that effect - especially if other items, such as an Encore Overlord are released down the track (if the demand for Fort Max proves high enough, it's a definite possibility) where the same process will happen.

If they were to go down this road, then technically they have remained sealed from before leaving the manufacturer and therefore should be classed as MISB as it could be proven that the retaping had been done by the manufacturer themselves.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474534)
Posted by El Duque on March 27th, 2013 @ 8:07am CDT
Site sponsor Robotkingdom has posted some additional shots of Takara Tomy's Transformers Encore #23 Fortress Maximus. These images include the packaging, an up close of the head, the commemorative coin, and promotional phone earplug jack plug. Check out the images mirrored below.

Regarding its FREE premium, we are happy to announce that all encore23 preorder will be included the Fotress Maximus phone plug and exclusive coins !!! But the exclusive coins has been limted and it will be "first come first serve" til it runs out, and the free exclusive coins will not be offered after 31March orders.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474550)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 27th, 2013 @ 9:31am CDT
I could not have anticipated the level of excitement I felt seeing those pics. Looking forward to him in the next few weeks.
:BOT:
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474598)
Posted by KNM2012 on March 27th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
Bowspearer wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:From a strict MISB collector, I see this as such.


Not necessarily, but alot depends on how thoughtful TakaraTomy are here.

If TakaraTomy are just using standard tape to retape the box then your point is spot on.

However I'm reminded of how customs approaches retaping packages, where the tape is printed with writing stating that the box has been opened and inspected by them. Brown goods companies have done the same with things like DVD players. If TakaraTomy have properly thought things through on this and if the run is large enough to justify it, then there's no reason why TakaraTomy couldn't use tape with writing on it to that effect - especially if other items, such as an Encore Overlord are released down the track (if the demand for Fort Max proves high enough, it's a definite possibility) where the same process will happen.

If they were to go down this road, then technically they have remained sealed from before leaving the manufacturer and therefore should be classed as MISB as it could be proven that the retaping had been done by the manufacturer themselves.


You missed the point I was making. Customs does not inspect packages shipped by major companies. They only check out specific packages that are sent to people and stores that do not pass the first part - namely x-rays (if the info I was given is still up to date).

Meaning that unless you live in a country where they open up every package, regardless of the business, this is not an issue. Because the stores will be shipping them MISB and it is highly unlikely the double tape "ordeal" (which, as I stated, only applies to the early shipments) is just going to have them using the same tape and double tape it. And that is not an issue unless you plan to submit it to AFA.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474600)
Posted by Rated X on March 27th, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT
After seeing the classics Metroplex coming out later this year, this re-issue seems to be a little less awesome.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474602)
Posted by Burn on March 27th, 2013 @ 4:37pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Edit: double post.

I think it's time to allow people to delete their own posts. Was there ever a logical reason as to why we cant ?


In case someone decides to get abusive before a Moderator can deal with it.

Back on topic ... had to pay an extra $32 as due to his size, he has to come EMS to Australia.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474607)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 27th, 2013 @ 5:54pm CDT
Does anyone else think it's strange that the headphone plug is marked Hasbro for a release that they won't / can't sell?
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474643)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 27th, 2013 @ 10:59pm CDT
Rated X wrote:After seeing the classics Metroplex coming out later this year, this re-issue seems to be a little less awesome.


Agreed. My interest is invested in Metroplex. FM is a monumental release mind you but i'm more stoked on Metro. That F@*!er is gonna be awesome! Least i hope so anyways.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474678)
Posted by prototype33 on March 28th, 2013 @ 4:45am CDT
Hey guys Im new to this site, on holiday for the easter break and decided to do a little transformers shopping around the shops today picked up the fortress maximus and a couple of other things. anyways question about the head. is it suppose to have he eye stickers already applied?
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474679)
Posted by prototype33 on March 28th, 2013 @ 4:47am CDT
These came free
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474681)
Posted by prototype33 on March 28th, 2013 @ 4:50am CDT
Unboxed
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474682)
Posted by prototype33 on March 28th, 2013 @ 4:54am CDT
Are the Eyes stickers uppose to be already applied?
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474721)
Posted by El Duque on March 28th, 2013 @ 9:55am CDT
TFYUKI continues to tease fans with images of Takara Tomy's soon to be released Transformers Encore #23 Fortress Maximus. Check out his latest tweets mirrored below.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474727)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 28th, 2013 @ 10:31am CDT
:BOWDOWN: :DANCE: :KREMZEEK: Fort Max will definitely look so awesome decorated with a mess of Legends and Cyberverse figs fighting for control of this mighty behemoth...'nuff said!! :VEHI:
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474729)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2013 @ 10:33am CDT
prototype33 wrote:Are the Eyes stickers uppose to be already applied?
for the Encore release, they aren't stickers this time. The eyes are painted to look like the old eye stickers.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474730)
Posted by El Duque on March 28th, 2013 @ 10:36am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
prototype33 wrote:Are the Eyes stickers uppose to be already applied?
for the Encore release, they aren't stickers this time. The eyes are painted to look like the old eye stickers.


I think it also comes with the eye stickers, so you can apply them over the painted ones for a more vintage look.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474737)
Posted by Gearslide on March 28th, 2013 @ 10:49am CDT
Wait, what's that Black Fort Max repaint in the middle of the top picture?
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474742)
Posted by El Duque on March 28th, 2013 @ 11:03am CDT
Gearslide wrote:Wait, what's that Black Fort Max repaint in the middle of the top picture?


Brave Maximus
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474747)
Posted by Gearslide on March 28th, 2013 @ 11:15am CDT
El Duque wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Wait, what's that Black Fort Max repaint in the middle of the top picture?


Brave Maximus


Oh right. I've never seen Brave in anything but Robot mode, so I was expecting him to be mostly blue.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474748)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 28th, 2013 @ 11:16am CDT
I'd love a solid BLACK version... or a white Metroplex "Autobot City" style version with nice painted windows.

Oh yeah, or a Grand Max. (ha) Or all of the above.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474749)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 28th, 2013 @ 11:17am CDT
El Duque wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Wait, what's that Black Fort Max repaint in the middle of the top picture?


Brave Maximus


aka RiD Fortress Maximus. By 2001, US Toy Safety Laws would not allow Fortress Maximus to be released here.
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474758)
Posted by Seibertron on March 28th, 2013 @ 12:41pm CDT
Gearslide wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Wait, what's that Black Fort Max repaint in the middle of the top picture?


Brave Maximus


Oh right. I've never seen Brave in anything but Robot mode, so I was expecting him to be mostly blue.


I haven't launched Brave Maximus' gallery yet because I haven't had a chance to do comparison shots of him with the other RID figures from that series. However, I do have his pics done so hopefully some time in the next few months I'll bust out the RID tub o' figures.

In the meantime, Brave made an appearance in Grand Maximus' gallery which you can view by clicking on the images below.

Image

Image
Re: In Hand Images Of Encore Fortress Maximus (1474759)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 28th, 2013 @ 12:42pm CDT
Isn't that black one the prototype they showed a few months ago?

Click here to view an additional 58 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014