Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron

Transformers News: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron

Friday, January 2nd, 2009 1:59PM CST

Categories: Auctions, Toy News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 30,970

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Some new images have surfaced on the web, courtesy of an auction on Yahoo! Japan of the second Lucky Draw figure to come from the Henkei Line.

Henkei Galvatron is shown here, in package, an extremely limited release, of the Lucky Draw family where figures are repainted in a special paint scheme then typically released as contest prizes for various magazine outlets. This figure was announced at the same time as Lucky Draw Henkei Convoy.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

You can view the auction for this figure here.
Credit(s): Yahoo! Japan
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860345)
Posted by spark crusher on January 2nd, 2009 @ 2:11pm CST
itd be a bit of a bugger if it fell apart like the normal galvy. imagine loosing his arm!
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860353)
Posted by Lord T on January 2nd, 2009 @ 2:23pm CST
I wouldn't even dream of opening him to find out!
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860355)
Posted by ponycorn on January 2nd, 2009 @ 2:24pm CST
spark crusher wrote:itd be a bit of a bugger if it fell apart like the normal galvy. imagine loosing his arm!


It might fall apart even more! Does the gold plate make it heavier?
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860358)
Posted by Iron Prime on January 2nd, 2009 @ 2:28pm CST
ponycorn wrote:It might fall apart even more! Does the gold plate make it heavier?


It's not real gold - so no, it's not heavier. I've heard that often the gold colored plastic is more brittle though....
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860378)
Posted by Serpent O - R on January 2nd, 2009 @ 3:07pm CST
I'm new to this 'lucky draw' thing.

Are these fig's packed in figure assortments but at an extremely high rarity or are these contest prizes? Both? Neither?

As for the Galv, I wouldn't open that because the mold is lousy [functionality wise] and the gold plastic is more brittle then the standard plastics that are used.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860382)
Posted by Seibertron on January 2nd, 2009 @ 3:13pm CST
Iron Prime wrote:
ponycorn wrote:It might fall apart even more! Does the gold plate make it heavier?


It's not real gold - so no, it's not heavier. I've heard that often the gold colored plastic is more brittle though....


It's just a gold chrome paint that's added to these (just like the silver chrome that is added to figures such as weapons or the Henkei figures). This is 100% different than gold colored plastic.

Gold chrome paint can chip off just like silver chrome paint. I'm not a fan of either personally.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860383)
Posted by typh0id on January 2nd, 2009 @ 3:14pm CST
They should have done his gun barrel gold too...Looks like they missed a spot...
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860410)
Posted by omega666 on January 2nd, 2009 @ 3:40pm CST
What is "Lucky Draw"?
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860413)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 2nd, 2009 @ 3:46pm CST
I like shiny things. Should be silver.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860455)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 2nd, 2009 @ 7:54pm CST
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I like shiny things. Should be silver.


Yep, I agree. That chrome Prime prototype we saw a week or so ago proved that.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860461)
Posted by typh0id on January 2nd, 2009 @ 8:51pm CST
DevastaTTor wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I like shiny things. Should be silver.


Yep, I agree. That chrome Prime prototype we saw a week or so ago proved that.


Yep, yep...I agree as well...Would be pretty awesome in silver :D
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860500)
Posted by GetterDragun on January 2nd, 2009 @ 10:44pm CST
Serpent O - R wrote:I'm new to this 'lucky draw' thing.

Are these fig's packed in figure assortments but at an extremely high rarity or are these contest prizes? Both? Neither?

As for the Galv, I wouldn't open that because the mold is lousy [functionality wise] and the gold plastic is more brittle then the standard plastics that are used.


These are given out as prizes, usually there are 5 or so made.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860502)
Posted by nemesis-prime on January 2nd, 2009 @ 10:58pm CST
omega666 wrote:What is "Lucky Draw"?



Lucky Draw means basically contest winner.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860503)
Posted by Nickolai on January 2nd, 2009 @ 11:05pm CST
That's so hideous and gaudy it should be hanging from the rearview mirror of an El Camino.

What, they can't do shiny violet, silver and orange? Gold doesn't always mean beautiful, TakTom.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860504)
Posted by Crosscheck on January 2nd, 2009 @ 11:06pm CST
Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron with 50% less chrome than the original Henkei Galvatron.

I kid, I kid. But seriously, how is this pile a lucky draw? I never quite understood how painting a toy in 100% garish chrome makes you lucky for having them? It looks like a polished turd no matter what the base mold is.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860775)
Posted by omega666 on January 3rd, 2009 @ 2:41pm CST
Crosscheck wrote:Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron with 50% less chrome than the original Henkei Galvatron.

I kid, I kid. But seriously, how is this pile a lucky draw? I never quite understood how painting a toy in 100% garish chrome makes you lucky for having them? It looks like a polished turd no matter what the base mold is.


You can polish a turd. See Mythbusters episode. It they were shiny turds.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860778)
Posted by omega666 on January 3rd, 2009 @ 2:46pm CST
Speaking of Galvatron, I just got my Henkei Galvatron today. I like him. I like how there is absolutey no orange joints. The chrome looks ok. I then too the turret apart and switched the chrome parts with the Hasbro version. BOTH look even better! The bright orange and the shiney chrome cancel each other out giving Hasbrotron a more balanced look. The same with Henkeitron. The greys don't match but it isn't bad.
Re: In Package Images of Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron (860798)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 3rd, 2009 @ 3:21pm CST
Go here for all your "What is Lucky Draw" questions.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014