Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime

Transformers News: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 8:56AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 13,537

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of TF Yuki we have some new images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime. The version of Optimus Prime sports three modes: robot, bullet train, and dragon - plus he has the ability to combine with G01 Kenzan and G05 Gekisomaru. Check him out below!

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer
Credit(s): TF Yuki
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1541858)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 14th, 2014 @ 9:38am CST
At first I thought "Wow this thing suddenly looks badass and not shit!"

But then I realized it was Voyager Beast Hunters Optimus with one of the EX Prime part things.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1541884)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 11:01am CST
Oh, come on! He just had to place Optimus in just the right spot to cover up the English spelling on the box! Move over so I can read it! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1541913)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 14th, 2014 @ 1:26pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, come on! He just had to place Optimus in just the right spot to cover up the English spelling on the box! Move over so I can read it! :BANG_HEAD:

Based on what I can see of the phrasing, it's done like this:

Optimus EX Prime
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1541923)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 2:40pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, come on! He just had to place Optimus in just the right spot to cover up the English spelling on the box! Move over so I can read it! :BANG_HEAD:

Based on what I can see of the phrasing, it's done like this:

Optimus EX Prime
I've suspected that it would be like "OPTIMUS EXPRIME", but I wanna see it for real.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1541942)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on January 14th, 2014 @ 4:49pm CST
waste. of. plastic.


period.

end of the line. :HEADHURTS:
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1541975)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:04pm CST
the coolness of japanese only exclusives went away after when they had their own beast wars series
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1541988)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 7:59pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:the coolness of japanese only exclusives went away after when they had their own beast wars series
What about the Japanese-only Prime molds like Gaia Unicron, War Breakdown, Air Vehicon, etc.?
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1541999)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 14th, 2014 @ 9:00pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:the coolness of japanese only exclusives went away after when they had their own beast wars series
What about the Japanese-only Prime molds like Gaia Unicron, War Breakdown, Air Vehicon, etc.?

sorry i meant as in japanese only characters that are unique to japanese shows like Dai Atlas, star saber,Tripredacus, big convoy etc.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1542026)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 14th, 2014 @ 10:39pm CST
The 4th picture reminds me of the unification move in the sentai series where all five pulls out a BFG outta nowhere to sheet the main bad guy. The new Prime is equally awesome!
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1542034)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2014 @ 11:09pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:The 4th picture reminds me of the unification move in the sentai series where all five pulls out a BFG outta nowhere to sheet the main bad guy. The new Prime is equally awesome!
At first I was like "Huh?" but now I see what you mean.

The pic is actually supposed to represent the ancient Sword Master Go Prime passing on that Kabuto to Hunter Optimus Prime, as a sign of Optimus's worthiness. 8)
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1542075)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on January 15th, 2014 @ 3:59am CST
Virtually all of the exclusive 'Go!' moulds are awful and this is no exception. However I will forgiven them a little as (Beast Hunters) Nemesis Prime is awesome.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544277)
Posted by El Duque on January 23rd, 2014 @ 5:49am CST
TF Yuki tweeted some new images of Takara Tomy's soon to be released Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime combined with G01 Kenzan and G05 Gekisomaru. In addition to these combined modes, the figure can also transform into a bullet train, dragon and robot. Check out Daikenzan and Daigekisou mirrored below:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544279)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 23rd, 2014 @ 5:56am CST
oh my lord... i do not think you could burn this thing in a fire long enough. what a piece of garbage. all of these figures could have been awesome if they did not have to combine with eachother.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544283)
Posted by mirageandjazz1197 on January 23rd, 2014 @ 6:18am CST
^ They don't *have* to its an option.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544287)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 23rd, 2014 @ 7:06am CST
Good freakin' what? That's horrible. I'm sorry. Bleh.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544291)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 23rd, 2014 @ 7:21am CST
DAIKENZAN ARMY!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544297)
Posted by Shadowstream on January 23rd, 2014 @ 7:52am CST
For a moment I thought from the preview pic that this was a Baan Gaan toy.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544305)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 23rd, 2014 @ 8:23am CST
These things have cool features, particularly in the upper body area. But then you look down and see those puny little thighs and the whole image is ruined.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544311)
Posted by euphoricallydead on January 23rd, 2014 @ 8:46am CST
My eyes. I love combiners but this is like they took all the things fans love and smashed them together into a muddy mess. Energon Superlink modes looked way better. This is more like the Power Rangers and a Mutant had babies.

Oh course, this means low sales and some day these will be worth a bloody fortune.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544320)
Posted by AutoBorst on January 23rd, 2014 @ 9:26am CST
Jesus H. Primus, that is one fugly-ass action figure. And here I thought the movie-based toys were hideous.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544322)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 23rd, 2014 @ 9:33am CST
Shadowstream wrote:For a moment I thought from the preview pic that this was a Baan Gaan toy.


I'm reminded more of Great Exkaiser, especially with DaiGekisou's new mane and the fact it's lion/dragon combo ;)

And they look... busy. I wonder how the combos would look with the black figures (and how many would go gaga over that :lol: )
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544332)
Posted by Shadowstream on January 23rd, 2014 @ 10:19am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:For a moment I thought from the preview pic that this was a Baan Gaan toy.


I'm reminded more of Great Exkaiser, especially with DaiGekisou's new mane and the fact it's lion/dragon combo ;)

And they look... busy. I wonder how the combos would look with the black figures (and how many would go gaga over that :lol: )

All the Brave guys blend together after a point, I just saw the blue head on it's chest and that was the one that came to mind, I didn't even know it was supposed to be a lion head. Looking a bit closer at the other mode I see a bit of Fire Dagwon in it, so maybe the Brave look is intentional.

Have I mentioned I'm super tired right now and may not be remembering things strait?
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544352)
Posted by OptimusPrimeval on January 23rd, 2014 @ 11:29am CST
There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544369)
Posted by EagleBot13 on January 23rd, 2014 @ 12:09pm CST
I actually don't think these are that bad. For what they do and budgets these days I think they are quite ingenious.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544370)
Posted by Mkall on January 23rd, 2014 @ 12:18pm CST
While I finally got some decent prices on all 6 of the Ninja and Samurai Autobots, this figure will not be on my shelf. Heck, I'm still not sure where I'm going to put the Ninja/Samurai teams yet.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544375)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 23rd, 2014 @ 12:48pm CST
OptimusPrimeval wrote:There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?


He's in the middle, always. He has no top or bottom transformation due to the fact each member of the combined Samurai and Shinobi teams has two unique connectors (one each for the other team member), so members of a different team can't connect. Optimus ExPrime has a connector for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, and since these two can't connect unless there's a properly designed middle involved....
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544487)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 23rd, 2014 @ 5:02pm CST
This would look amazing if at least one of them could make a decent pair of legs.

Just feels like some wasted potential that they made them interchangeable instead of having them each make one decent part.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544631)
Posted by OptimusPrimeval on January 24th, 2014 @ 5:04am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OptimusPrimeval wrote:There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?


He's in the middle, always. He has no top or bottom transformation due to the fact each member of the combined Samurai and Shinobi teams has two unique connectors (one each for the other team member), so members of a different team can't connect. Optimus ExPrime has a connector for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, and since these two can't connect unless there's a properly designed middle involved....


Yeah, it's a shame there isn't an alternate Prime-looking face hidden in them then, because nothing about any of those combined modes suggests "Optimus". I'll get it probably, but I won't feel bad about not getting the combining parts.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544661)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 8:48am CST
OptimusPrimeval wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OptimusPrimeval wrote:There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?


He's in the middle, always. He has no top or bottom transformation due to the fact each member of the combined Samurai and Shinobi teams has two unique connectors (one each for the other team member), so members of a different team can't connect. Optimus ExPrime has a connector for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, and since these two can't connect unless there's a properly designed middle involved....


Yeah, it's a shame there isn't an alternate Prime-looking face hidden in them then, because nothing about any of those combined modes suggests "Optimus".
Because Optimus isn't the main unit of those combinations. The other two are. They're even called "DaiKenzan" and "DaiGekisou", showing that these are essentially Super Modes for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively. While Optimus acts as the link between the two since they cannot combine together without him.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544666)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:01am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
OptimusPrimeval wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OptimusPrimeval wrote:There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?


He's in the middle, always. He has no top or bottom transformation due to the fact each member of the combined Samurai and Shinobi teams has two unique connectors (one each for the other team member), so members of a different team can't connect. Optimus ExPrime has a connector for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, and since these two can't connect unless there's a properly designed middle involved....


Yeah, it's a shame there isn't an alternate Prime-looking face hidden in them then, because nothing about any of those combined modes suggests "Optimus".
Because Optimus isn't the main unit of those combinations. The other two are. They're even called "DaiKenzan" and "DaiGekisou", showing that these are essentially Super Modes for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively. While Optimus acts as the link between the two since they cannot combine together without him.


In other words, Optimus is the Magic Mushroom this time. :lol:
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544845)
Posted by OptimusPrimeval on January 24th, 2014 @ 6:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Because Optimus isn't the main unit of those combinations. The other two are. They're even called "DaiKenzan" and "DaiGekisou", showing that these are essentially Super Modes for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively. While Optimus acts as the link between the two since they cannot combine together without him.


Oh yeah, I didn't clock that! Isn't that unprecedented, to have an Optimus combine into a not-Optimus? What a waste of a good Prime! They should have had some other mook link them together. I say "good Prime" but that dragon mode looks like a fairground ride. Bad Prime!
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544855)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:01pm CST
OptimusPrimeval wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Because Optimus isn't the main unit of those combinations. The other two are. They're even called "DaiKenzan" and "DaiGekisou", showing that these are essentially Super Modes for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively. While Optimus acts as the link between the two since they cannot combine together without him.


Oh yeah, I didn't clock that! Isn't that unprecedented, to have an Optimus combine into a not-Optimus? What a waste of a good Prime! They should have had some other mook link them together. I say "good Prime" but that dragon mode looks like a fairground ride. Bad Prime!
Are you saying that Optimus isn't humble enough to lend his power to his friends for their benefit? If others have combined with Optimus before to power him up, shouldn't it be only common courtesy for Optimus to take a turn at powering up someone else? He's a team player.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544859)
Posted by El Duque on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:22pm CST
Courtesy of the Toy Box of YO we have a whole slew of in-hand images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime! This figure has a lot going on:

  • He's a Triplechanger: Bullet Train, Dragon, Robot
  • He has light and sound features
  • He's a combiner: can combine with both G01 Kenzan and G05 Gekisomaru to become Daikenzan and Daigekisou

Even more images can be found by clicking here, but we've mirrored a healthy dose below:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544861)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:39pm CST
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544863)
Posted by rockman_fan on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:47pm CST
though i hate the GO! line in general, i like how they made optimus something other than a truck.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544864)
Posted by njb902 on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:47pm CST
How terribly frightening, it has scissors.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544865)
Posted by rockman_fan on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:47pm CST
though i hate the GO! line in general, i like how they made optimus something other than a truck.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544866)
Posted by rockman_fan on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:47pm CST
though i hate the GO! line in general, i like how they made optimus something other than a truck.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544867)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:54pm CST
if an optimus prime needs to combine with something or someone at least have
him be the upper body! being the mid-section is kind of underwhelming for optimus #-o
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544871)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:57pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:if an optimus prime needs to combine with something or someone at least have
him be the upper body! being the mid-section is kind of underwhelming for optimus #-o
Are you saying that Optimus isn't humble enough to lend his power to his friends for their benefit? If others have combined with Optimus before to power him up, shouldn't it be only common courtesy for Optimus to take a turn at powering up someone else? He's a team player.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544882)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:03pm CST
Also, FINALLY! Official English spelling of his name!

Image

Now I just wonder if it's meant to be either "Exprime" or "ExPrime". :-?
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544883)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:09pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:if an optimus prime needs to combine with something or someone at least have
him be the upper body! being the mid-section is kind of underwhelming for optimus #-o
Are you saying that Optimus isn't humble enough to lend his power to his friends for their benefit? If others have combined with Optimus before to power him up, shouldn't it be only common courtesy for Optimus to take a turn at powering up someone else? He's a team player.
exactly!
commanders don't put themselves at the same level of their solders, they may sacrifice their lives for their troops to protect them and make sure they survive but never show that they are one of the guys that would be wrong the commander would then not be taken seriously and insubordination would take effect, sure optimus would be humble enough if he were not their leader, but he is and should be shown the respect a solder shows his superior! >:oP
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544887)
Posted by njb902 on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:18pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:if an optimus prime needs to combine with something or someone at least have
him be the upper body! being the mid-section is kind of underwhelming for optimus #-o
Are you saying that Optimus isn't humble enough to lend his power to his friends for their benefit? If others have combined with Optimus before to power him up, shouldn't it be only common courtesy for Optimus to take a turn at powering up someone else? He's a team player.
exactly!
commanders don't put themselves at the same level of their solders, they may sacrifice their lives for their troops to protect them and make sure they survive but never show that they are one of the guys that would be wrong the commander would then not be taken seriously and insubordination would take effect, sure optimus would be humble enough if he were not their leader, but he is and should be shown the respect a solder shows his superior! >:oP


He's got ya there Sabrblade.

I think they should have given the combiner a more Optimus like head.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544888)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:19pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:if an optimus prime needs to combine with something or someone at least have
him be the upper body! being the mid-section is kind of underwhelming for optimus #-o
Are you saying that Optimus isn't humble enough to lend his power to his friends for their benefit? If others have combined with Optimus before to power him up, shouldn't it be only common courtesy for Optimus to take a turn at powering up someone else? He's a team player.
exactly!
commanders don't put themselves at the same level of their solders, they may sacrifice their lives for their troops to protect them and make sure they survive but never show that they are one of the guys that would be wrong the commander would then not be taken seriously and insubordination would take effect, sure optimus would be humble enough if he were not their leader, but he is and should be shown the respect a solder shows his superior! >:oP
As 30 years have shown, Optimus is not that condescending or stuck up as a real life military officer is. If his teammates need his help, he'd help them in any way he can. In this case, that means making himself become the magic mushroom instead of someone else becoming his.

It wouldn't even make sense for Optimus to be on top in this since he's barely even in the show. He's a guest star, not the lead. It would make far more sense for the main hero(es) of the show to be the one(s) getting power-boosted than some newcomer who's kept the background for most of the show, even if said newcomer is the main heroes' commander.

Like, when Ultra Magnus came into Transformers Animated, he'd didn't all of a sudden overshadow everybody and take over the show. Optimus was still the lead despite being subordinate to Magnus. As is the case here with Kenzan and Gekisoumaru compared to Optimus.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544895)
Posted by njb902 on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:29pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:if an optimus prime needs to combine with something or someone at least have
him be the upper body! being the mid-section is kind of underwhelming for optimus #-o
Are you saying that Optimus isn't humble enough to lend his power to his friends for their benefit? If others have combined with Optimus before to power him up, shouldn't it be only common courtesy for Optimus to take a turn at powering up someone else? He's a team player.
exactly!
commanders don't put themselves at the same level of their solders, they may sacrifice their lives for their troops to protect them and make sure they survive but never show that they are one of the guys that would be wrong the commander would then not be taken seriously and insubordination would take effect, sure optimus would be humble enough if he were not their leader, but he is and should be shown the respect a solder shows his superior! >:oP
As 30 years have shown, Optimus is not that condescending or stuck up as a real life military officer is. If his teammates need his help, he'd help them in any way he can. In this case, that means making himself become the magic mushroom instead of someone else becoming his.

It wouldn't even make sense for Optimus to be on top in this since he's barely even in the show. He's a guest star, not the lead. It would make far more sense for the main hero(es) of the show to be the one(s) getting power-boosted than some newcomer who's kept the background for most of the show, even if said newcomer is the main heroes' commander.

Like, when Ultra Magnus came into Transformers Animated, he'd didn't all of a sudden overshadow everybody and take over the show. Optimus was still the lead despite being subordinate to Magnus. As is the case here with Kenzan and Gekisoumaru compared to Optimus.


I'm not even going to try to explain how wrong you are. You should be ashamed at generalizing so many good men and women.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544899)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:39pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:if an optimus prime needs to combine with something or someone at least have
him be the upper body! being the mid-section is kind of underwhelming for optimus #-o
Are you saying that Optimus isn't humble enough to lend his power to his friends for their benefit? If others have combined with Optimus before to power him up, shouldn't it be only common courtesy for Optimus to take a turn at powering up someone else? He's a team player.
exactly!
commanders don't put themselves at the same level of their solders, they may sacrifice their lives for their troops to protect them and make sure they survive but never show that they are one of the guys that would be wrong the commander would then not be taken seriously and insubordination would take effect, sure optimus would be humble enough if he were not their leader, but he is and should be shown the respect a solder shows his superior! >:oP
As 30 years have shown, Optimus is not that condescending or stuck up as a real life military officer is. If his teammates need his help, he'd help them in any way he can. In this case, that means making himself become the magic mushroom instead of someone else becoming his.

It wouldn't even make sense for Optimus to be on top in this since he's barely even in the show. He's a guest star, not the lead. It would make far more sense for the main hero(es) of the show to be the one(s) getting power-boosted than some newcomer who's kept the background for most of the show, even if said newcomer is the main heroes' commander.

Like, when Ultra Magnus came into Transformers Animated, he'd didn't all of a sudden overshadow everybody and take over the show. Optimus was still the lead despite being subordinate to Magnus. As is the case here with Kenzan and Gekisoumaru compared to Optimus.
even though hes not star of the show hes still their leader! however in animated even though optimus was the star and has his own troops optimus still showed ultramagnus the respect.
and as i recall optimus did give reprimands to his fellow autobots who disobey orders so what 30yrs have shown he is a leader first and foremost and he would have to be condescending or stuck up as a real life military officer is to keep his fellow autobots in line maybe not has bad and ruthless as megatron sure, but optimus has to be that rock that everyone relies on for support and wisdom even if its taken as condescending or stuck up!
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544911)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 24th, 2014 @ 10:34pm CST
What a mess! I LOVE IT!
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544912)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 10:40pm CST
njb902 wrote:I'm not even going to try to explain how wrong you are. You should be ashamed at generalizing so many good men and women.
Yeah, I see I worded that pretty badly. I meant to say that he's more fatherly and less by-the-book than a more orthodox military figure would be like in real life. :oops:

Ultra Markus wrote:even though hes not star of the show hes still their leader! however in animated even though optimus was the star and has his own troops optimus still showed ultramagnus the respect.
and as i recall optimus did give reprimands to his fellow autobots who disobey orders so what 30yrs have shown he is a leader first and foremost and he would have to be condescending or stuck up as a real life military officer is to keep his fellow autobots in line maybe not has bad and ruthless as megatron sure, but optimus has to be that rock that everyone relies on for support and wisdom even if its taken as condescending or stuck up!
Thing is, Optimus is their back up here. This isn't his fight nor his turf. The Swordbots have been fighting the Predacons here since the series began, and Optimus has come in to offer them his help, as they're the more experienced ones with the better familiarity to the situation. He's there to provide support for them, not the other way around.

In fact, now that I think about it, when he first made contact with both of the Swordbot teams back in the two Episode 2s, he was addressed as only the Swordbots' "comrade" rather than "leader", suggesting that the Swordbots might not serve under Optimus's authority despite his still being the Autobot Commander. The Swordbots could be like the Wreckers, being two autonomous units of Autobots who will work with the Commander but not for the Commander.

In a way, Optimus's presence in this show is almost like that of Alpha Trion's presence in G1, being a wise and well-respected Autobot who offers his help and advice to the main cast, but not overshadowing the authority positions of the main heroes.
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544917)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 24th, 2014 @ 11:47pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:I'm not even going to try to explain how wrong you are. You should be ashamed at generalizing so many good men and women.
Yeah, I see I worded that pretty badly. I meant to say that he's more fatherly and less by-the-book than a more orthodox military figure would be like in real life. :oops:

Ultra Markus wrote:even though hes not star of the show hes still their leader! however in animated even though optimus was the star and has his own troops optimus still showed ultramagnus the respect.
and as i recall optimus did give reprimands to his fellow autobots who disobey orders so what 30yrs have shown he is a leader first and foremost and he would have to be condescending or stuck up as a real life military officer is to keep his fellow autobots in line maybe not has bad and ruthless as megatron sure, but optimus has to be that rock that everyone relies on for support and wisdom even if its taken as condescending or stuck up!
Thing is, Optimus is their back up here. This isn't his fight nor his turf. The Swordbots have been fighting the Predacons here since the series began, and Optimus has come in to offer them his help, as they're the more experienced ones with the better familiarity to the situation. He's there to provide support for them, not the other way around.

In fact, now that I think about it, when he first made contact with both of the Swordbot teams back in the two Episode 2s, he was addressed as only the Swordbots' "comrade" rather than "leader", suggesting that the Swordbots might not serve under Optimus's authority despite his still being the Autobot Commander. The Swordbots could be like the Wreckers, being two autonomous units of Autobots who will work with the Commander but not for the Commander.

In a way, Optimus's presence in this show is almost like that of Alpha Trion's presence in G1, being a wise and well-respected Autobot who offers his help and advice to the main cast, but not overshadowing the authority positions of the main heroes.
i get this is a different story and optimus is not the star of the show and hes there to offer support but,
even Alpha Trion wouldn't reduce himself to being like a pair of pants for the autobots and neither should optimus, he can provide back up without being a tool and thats how this combination looks. optimus is a great and powerful leader it would be like asking patton to come over and help do your chores. remember in animated when Ultramagnus brought out his hammer and did the whole Thor thing with the lightning and everyone was in-awe, then went on his way, thats the kind of support he needs to be not this combine as a waist section it just seems lacking :HEADHURTS:
Re: In-Hand and Packaging Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544918)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 12:00am CST
Ultra Markus wrote:i get this is a different story and optimus is not the star of the show and hes there to offer support but,
even Alpha Trion wouldn't reduce himself to being like a pair of pants for the autobots and neither should optimus, he can provide back up without being a tool and thats how this combination looks.
He's the most important part of the combination since he makes it possible and they can't do it with him. Even though he's not on top, he still the core component. :)

Ultra Markus wrote:optimus is a great and powerful leader it would be like asking patton to come over and help do your chores. remember in animated when Ultramagnus brought out his hammer and did the whole Thor thing with the lightning and everyone was in-awe, then went on his way, thats the kind of support he needs to be not this combine as a waist section it just seems lacking :HEADHURTS:
Yet, Magnus got curbstomped by Starscream thanks to Magnus dropping his guard and exposing his vulnerability in a moment of inattentiveness, giving Starscream a easy opening to get the drop on him. Whereas Optimus and the other lower Autobots bested the Seeker while Magnus was made a fool of. Even in all his greatness, Magnus was worthless here compared to his more experienced subordinates.

Click here to view an additional 31 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014