In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm

Transformers News: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm

Friday, June 14th, 2013 8:19AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,247

From the facebook of Hobbybase we have our first in-hand image of Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm! It's starting to look like this guy might be showing up at brick and mortar retail very soon. Take a look below.

Update: More images from site sponsor Robotkingdom.

Credit(s): Hobbybase, Robotkingdom

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495196)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 14th, 2013 @ 8:21am CDT
I was on the fence about Sandstorm until I had a chance to play with Springer. Now I'm sold. :grin:
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495198)
Posted by DetoxRetox on June 14th, 2013 @ 8:42am CDT
Looks great. Hope to find one soon!
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495217)
Posted by omega666 on June 14th, 2013 @ 9:54am CDT
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495219)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 14th, 2013 @ 10:00am CDT
omega666 wrote:I was lucky to find Springer. That was the only time I saw him in stores. Never found a Blitzwing.

I just ordered Springer and Blitzwing from Amazon. Stores never have anything.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gene ... =blitzwing
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495221)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 14th, 2013 @ 10:09am CDT
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495237)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 14th, 2013 @ 10:39am CDT
I'm impressed with the amount of re-tooling they did. When was the last time Hasbro put that much effort into re-tooling a mold? Usually we only see a head swap, and maybe a spoiler added or removed.

This one has huge back wheels added, the rotor removed, a new weapon, a front grill/bumper added, the legs retooled to account for the replacement of the rear wheels, AND a new head sculpt. Oh, and the tail was re-tooled too!
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495240)
Posted by mattj972 on June 14th, 2013 @ 10:43am CDT
I love the Blitzwing and Springer figures. And yah, stores never had these when I looked. Got both off amazon. Sandstorm looks like the best figure of the lot. Love triple changers.
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495269)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on June 14th, 2013 @ 12:28pm CDT
Overcharge
Bludgeon
Slamdance
Gutcruncher
Reverse Convoy
Doubledealer (requires extensive retooling)
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495291)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 14th, 2013 @ 1:52pm CDT

Anyway, Sandstorm is really impressive and near-perfect. Only issue I can see is that those wheel/turbine assemblies are going to take up a lot of shelf space in robot mode, but it looks like it's possible to fold them back and down.
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495292)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on June 14th, 2013 @ 1:56pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:so seeing what they've done with Springer, I wonder who Blitzwing is gonna get retooled into, and how extensive are the retools gonna be? some potential candidates I've stumbled across have been.....
Overcharge
Bludgeon
Slamdance
Gutcruncher
Reverse Convoy
Doubledealer (requires extensive retooling)

Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495295)
Posted by Stockade on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:02pm CDT
I've picked up Springer and Blitzwing both and just love these guys in every form, but with Sand Storm, i like the bot and VTOL mode, not much on his buggy mode, but either way im still buying it!

I wonder if hasbro can do Astro-Train and Octane like these guys?
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495297)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I would love to see a Slamdance retool out of Blitzwing. But thinking more about it, they could also make Overlord out of him. Probably not everyone's first choice for this mold, but it might happen given Overlords recent appearances in the comics.
No thank you. That robot mode of Blitzwing's would hardly do Overlord proper justice.
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495311)
Posted by xyl360 on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:45pm CDT
Looks pretty sexy. Takara's is up for preorder so I snagged it but it's not due until December, so I've got a long wait ahead.
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495323)
Posted by dragons on June 14th, 2013 @ 3:16pm CDT
i still have 4 where i work 2 spirnger 2 blitzwing i going back toady to pick up springwing they have been on shelf for almost week no one touched them i have been hestiant use my credit on them
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495344)
Posted by gen1autobot on June 14th, 2013 @ 4:11pm CDT
Just picked up all three together on the Navy Base in San Diego. It was a bit surprising to see something so current on the shelves there. Therefor, in light of the ultra limited selection that we do receive on the base, I picked them "All" up. There were two of each, so I purchased a set of three for my nephew as well. Sandstorm became the favorite of the three as soon as I saw him. He looks awesome.
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495361)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 14th, 2013 @ 5:13pm CDT
Those back wheels look way too big, but I guess that's so the VTOL turbines look good, which is my preferred mode anyway.

I kinda wish they went with the more toy-accurate mouthplate rather than the cartoon-accurate regular face.

kirbenvost wrote:It is truly impressive how extensive the remolding is. It actually looks like a substantial amount of plastic has been added. Which still makes me wonder why they couldn't release TF Prime Breakdown, but I should really stop being so bitter about that, lol...

The lack of Breakdown might not have had anything to do with the amount of plastic. The only official reasons we got for him being skipped were "not up to Hsbro's standards" and "no-man's land price-wise"... which are ridiculously vague and could mean anything.
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495369)
Posted by Prime Riblet on June 14th, 2013 @ 5:52pm CDT
So far this is my favorite of the Voyagers.
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495392)
Posted by xyl360 on June 14th, 2013 @ 7:23pm CDT
Prime Riblet wrote:So far this is my favorite of the Voyagers.

Yeah, me too I think (though I've got none of them in hand so far). It just looks sweet.

By the way, your avatar is making me hungry.
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495523)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 15th, 2013 @ 4:35am CDT
That's great seeing them together. The untrained eye wouldn't even be able to tell they're the same(ish) mold. Those giant rear wheels are starting to look a bit daft in buggy mode.
Re: In-Hand Image: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495546)
Posted by Mykltron on June 15th, 2013 @ 6:37am CDT
Dilemma: buy Springer and render FP Defender obsolete or buy Sandstorm and put up with those enormous wheels on the back of a character I don't even remember in the fiction.

Ending Soon On eBay

2002 Takara G1 Transformers Mega SCF PVC Optimus Prime TV Version Diaclone NY - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 36 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Cheetor Complete w/bio & instructions Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 10 minutes 28 seconds
1998 Transformers Beast Wars TransMetal 2 PREDACON DINOBOT W/TAIL Figure !!! - Time Remaining: 18 days 5 hours 57 minutes 12 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MICRON LEGEND/ARAMADA CRYSTAL CLEAR CONVOY/OPTIMUS PRIME - Time Remaining: 12 days 12 hours 58 minutes 2 seconds
1985 G1 Silverbolt Sealed Stickers Instruction Booklet Pack Hasbro Transformers - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 14 minutes 20 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 16 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Cyberverse Dark of the Moon StarScream Orbital Assault Carrier MIB - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 31 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise Generation 2 Silverbolt A5 MOC - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 31 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed