Transformers News: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 10:21AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,859

Courtesy of HK-TF we some in-hand images of the recently released APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime. This version of the DOTM Leader Class Striker Optimus Prime for the Asian market features a premium paint job and comes with the exclusive battle blades. Check him out in the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): HK-TF
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437561)
Posted by mongrel on November 6th, 2012 @ 11:01am CST
Ugh, I guess you CAN have too much chrome. How did Buster pull it off so well?
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437568)
Posted by RhA on November 6th, 2012 @ 11:09am CST
A beautiful bastard.
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437581)
Posted by TheTigerKing84 on November 6th, 2012 @ 11:54am CST
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437584)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 6th, 2012 @ 12:00pm CST
TheTigerKing84 wrote:Great paint job. Are those articulated hands?Or some kind of clip ons? The one thing that would push him over the edge would be if the head had a swith that would open or close the faceplate like the visors on the human alliance figures(speaking of those, HA Sideways with Alice is long overdue).

El Duque wrote:Note: Some the images feature a set of articulated aftermarket hands that do not come with the figure.

He looks really good IMO, hope he won't be too expensive (yeah right!).
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437601)
Posted by Rijie on November 6th, 2012 @ 12:55pm CST
Pure sex.

::Drooling profusely at sight of articulated fingers::

=P~
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437619)
Posted by President-prime on November 6th, 2012 @ 1:32pm CST
Seriously considering him. This op or the black repainting mp-10? Decisions decisions
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437621)
Posted by President-prime on November 6th, 2012 @ 1:33pm CST
Cuz jetwing is in my shopping cart...hehehe
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437629)
Posted by Kibble on November 6th, 2012 @ 1:47pm CST
As tired as I am of movie figs, I gotta admit, that looks really effin' good.

The only thing I don't understand...it looks like hands (the standard, non-articulated ones) and possibly the stacks and shoulder flaps (might just be the way the light is hitting them, though) look to be different colors than the metallic silver the rest of it is. Would be nice if it was all that nice, shiny silver. Luckily, I suspect this will be well over $100 putting it out of my willing to buy price range, but I would actually be pretty tempted at around $100 or less.
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437643)
Posted by Flux Convoy on November 6th, 2012 @ 2:18pm CST
He is one beautiful figure. I like the added hands too.
:BOT:
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437691)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 6th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CST
So the major differences from the previous one, if any? :-? :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437692)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 6th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:So the major differences from the previous Striker, if any? :-? :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437701)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on November 6th, 2012 @ 5:38pm CST
He's going to look fantastic sitting next to Buster and my DMK-01. :grin:
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437705)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 6th, 2012 @ 5:57pm CST

Looks gorgeous in all that silver.
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437710)
Posted by Mkall on November 6th, 2012 @ 6:20pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Damn, I didn't know he had articulated fingers! Would have pre-ordered him had I known!

Looks gorgeous in all that silver.

He doesn't. Those are aftermarket hands.
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437719)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 6th, 2012 @ 7:03pm CST
Mkall wrote:

Looks gorgeous in all that silver.

He doesn't. Those are aftermarket hands.

Feel much better about not buying him now. As cool as the silver paint apps are, I've already got Buster Prime.
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437731)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 6th, 2012 @ 7:38pm CST
It's beautiful. I just hope they're around long enough until I have some money spare. I really wish it actually came with those articulated hands.
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437750)
Posted by TheTigerKing84 on November 6th, 2012 @ 8:48pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437755)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on November 6th, 2012 @ 9:11pm CST
TheTigerKing84 wrote:Those aftermarket hands, What are they called?Who makes them? Where can i get them? how much?Are they available now? are they clip on? do i have to install by taking apart? I NEED TO KNOW!!! sOMEONE TELL ME!!

Not certain if these are them sure, but you can get some made on shapeways. Have to assemble and paint yourself though.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/399540/r ... Box-search
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437851)
Posted by wewyllenium on November 7th, 2012 @ 3:35am CST
I want one.

This is how I want my ROTF LC OP to be. I'm in.
Re: In-Hand Images: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime (1437859)
Posted by Anonymous on November 7th, 2012 @ 4:12am CST
Advertising something that won't come with the toy, making me drool, shame on you Mr. Takara, shame on you indeed! :sad:

Ending Soon On eBay

AFA 90 Transformers G1 Optimus Prime Commemorative Series Reissue 2002 - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 15 minutes 19 seconds
Universal Studios Transformers Bumblebee Decal Artwork 22 Oz Coffee Mug New - Time Remaining:  5 hours 1 minute 39 seconds
Rattrap Transmetal Beast Wars Transformers Deluxe - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 4 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Cybertron OVERRIDE RID New RARE - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 34 minutes 40 seconds
VTG. 1985 G1 Takara Transformers Bonecrusher #36 AFA 80/85/90 MISB MIB Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 5 minutes 26 seconds
VINTAGE 1989 G1 SILVERBOLT SUPERION TRANSFORMERS 100% COMPLETE + BOX - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 10 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Onslaught --- 1986 -1992 Vintage Hasbro G1-G2 Loose - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 8 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers RID G1 Universe Classics Grimlock Action Figure - Time Remaining:  12 hours 10 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents