In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 3:12PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 22,308

Thanks to the vigilant eye of SW's SilverHammer, we have been pointed in the direction of eBay seller lena81822, infamous for getting upcoming Transformers and putting them up on eBay. Today's offering from them? The upcoming Generations Deluxe Windblade! The figure is heavily mistransformed in robot mode, but nonetheless, these are our first in-hand images of the fan-built City Speaker outside of Toy Fair and BotCon coverages. The images have been mirrored below!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade
Credit(s): lena81822
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587449)
Posted by Madeus Prime on July 2nd, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
Oh god, that is a hideous mis-transformation. Otherwise, figure looks great!
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587451)
Posted by ScottyP on July 2nd, 2014 @ 3:33pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:
I'm guessing these guys are NOT gang-molded, given Nemesis isn't half yellow?

Almost definitely not gang-molded given the release of four of the Targetmasters as campaign "microns" recently. I think they learned their lesson on why gang molding isn't smart with the first 10 minicon teams.
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587457)
Posted by Breakdown318 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 3:54pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587458)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:00pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587459)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:03pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:The Ebay seller also had three of four Knights of Unicron, Prime, Jazz and soundwave to be exact

Would you mind if you provided the link in its appropriate thread? I'm currently working on other stories. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587460)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:05pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

sorry, I thought that that there was a name game going on since the guy above mentioned the A.o.E Rollbar
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587471)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Oh god, that is a hideous mis-transformation. Otherwise, figure looks great!

Mis-transformed or not that is by far the ugliest Transformer I've ever seen. The jet mode looks good and I'm floored the sword has a sheath but, it's just ugly.
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587475)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 2nd, 2014 @ 5:04pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587477)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 5:18pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587497)
Posted by Flashpoint_82 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 7:02pm CDT
Hi, I'm new here and from Germany so sorry if my english isn't the best.
To all the people who said ugly Robotmode, I can see that the shoulders of Windblade are not in the right transforming position. I think when it's done the right way it will be look much better. Have nice day.

For this post I had to make an account :x
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587502)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 2nd, 2014 @ 7:12pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587510)
Posted by Madeus Prime on July 2nd, 2014 @ 7:40pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

I have to disagree with you:

Shuttershock wrote:Maybe it's just the excellent art and personality of Sarah Stone's drawing style, but it seems like no medium other than the Windblade comic matches up her design with her personality. Every other one, the toy included, gives her a generic, aloof, detached look that doesn't help her character stand out as an earnest if naive civil servant.

This.

I think the body could be a little more petite looking and her features could be less...cold? Sorry, IMHO, Windblade is freaking adorable looking.

Flashpoint_82 wrote:Hi, I'm new here and from Germany so sorry if my english isn't the best.

For this post I had to make an account :x

Welcome to the boards! ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587517)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:10pm CDT
Ouch! And I thought Hasbro's photographers were bad! :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I never noticed the scabbard before. That is a NICE touch for a figure.
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587522)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 8:20pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:the more i see it the more i hate it, looks like hasbro spent very little time on this in development.

I hate to say it but it looks like Hasbro just looked at the poll went across the columns and just went with what was there without anyone thinking; gee, will this work?
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587533)
Posted by dragons on July 2nd, 2014 @ 9:20pm CDT
Looks like few people wont buy her since she is mistransformed.
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587535)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 2nd, 2014 @ 10:17pm CDT
On a side note, I'm surprised with all the negative fan outcry, no one's added windblade (and fembots in general at this point) to the Ruined FOREVER page of TFWiki
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587555)
Posted by Drift082111 on July 2nd, 2014 @ 11:17pm CDT
I've been wanting to repurpose one of my TFs as Raiden from the video game, Metal Gear Rising and that sword and sheath remind me of Raiden's.
Nonetheless, I cannot wait to obtain a Windblade! : )
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587560)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 2nd, 2014 @ 11:53pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587567)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 1:25am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:If this figure is still garbage after release perhaps a 3rd Party can improve where our HasTak friends failed...again. Way to go guys. ;)^ Anyway there had to be the one lousy TF among a bunch of great ones..'nuff said! :VEHI:

I just can't wait to see all the repaints and remolds this figure will get, you have to know those are coming since this was a completely new mold and tooling.
Re: In-Hand Images: Generations Deluxe Windblade (1587570)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 3rd, 2014 @ 1:34am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

I'm telling you guys, Hasbro would be complete and total morons if they don't squeeze a Slipstream out of Windblade. It wouldn't be perfect fit, but it would be a hugely missed opportunity if it doesn't happen.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Botcon 2011 Exclusive Animated Autotrooper - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 31 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Universe Voyager Class Onslaught MIB - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 22 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetal Optimal Optimus Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 17 minutes 41 seconds
Pre order Transformers Legends LG28 Rewind & Nightbeat Figure Takara Tomy 65C - Time Remaining:  22 hours 18 minutes 36 seconds
Pre order Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go Shooter Figure Takara Tomy 65C - Time Remaining:  11 hours 33 minutes 52 seconds
Pre order Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Figure Takara Tomy 65C - Time Remaining:  19 hours 18 minutes 55 seconds
Pre order Transformers Legends LG21 Hardhead Figure Takara Tomy Japan 65C - Time Remaining:  22 hours 19 minutes 2 seconds
Pre order Transformers Legends LG26 Scourge Figure Takara Tomy Japan 65C - Time Remaining:  22 hours 18 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016