In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Thursday, December 5th, 2013 4:10PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,144

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Japanese toy blogger Alfes 2010 has shared new galleries of the latest sets from the Kabaya Gum DX series. This wave features Overlord, Blacker, Laster, and Braver. Each set is a great homage to the original G1 figures, which include the Master mini figures. Overlord retains all of his original modes, and the Brainmaster trio retain their ability to combine into Road Caeser. Check these guys out in the images we've mirrored below, additional images can be found by clicking here.

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser
Credit(s): Alfes 2010
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533486)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 4:56pm CST
SUGEI!!!
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533496)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 5th, 2013 @ 5:42pm CST
BBTS got them in stock today. Looks really good.
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533504)
Posted by triKlops on December 5th, 2013 @ 6:58pm CST
Can't wait to get mine in; another fine set from Kabaya.
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533520)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 5th, 2013 @ 8:41pm CST
...hmm...

Maximus is a Voyager Class size, which means Road Caesar is about the size of a Deluxe Class and then Overlord is Commander Class...

At those prices, I'm a little resistant to spending the dough. (Yes, yes, we discussed the sizes, I know, I should've been expecting this, blah blah blah.) Once you actually see it, it's quite a shocker.

I'll have to rethink this preorder...
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533524)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:26pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:...hmm...

Maximus is a Voyager Class size, which means Road Caesar is about the size of a Deluxe Class and then Overlord is Commander Class...
I dunno, Overlord looks about the height of Victory Saber, who is about Deluxe class sized, so that would put Overlord at Deluxe and Road Caesar somewhere just above Deluxe but still not Voyager. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533531)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 5th, 2013 @ 10:31pm CST
Overlord looks so grim. ME! WANTY!
I'm gonna order a blind package... If it isn't Overlord, i'm down to trade with someone who has 2 or whatever. PM me.
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533548)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 6th, 2013 @ 3:08am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:...hmm...

Maximus is a Voyager Class size, which means Road Caesar is about the size of a Deluxe Class and then Overlord is Commander Class...
I dunno, Overlord looks about the height of Victory Saber, who is about Deluxe class sized, so that would put Overlord at Deluxe and Road Caesar somewhere just above Deluxe but still not Voyager. ;)


You might very well be right. Price still stings, however.

And seeing that God Ginrai with poseable arms makes me realize that while they're getting more complex in gimmicks with these Kabayas, their size and articulation is going down. They should take a cue from Bandai and their Candy Toys/Minipla... They not only strive to replicate the deluxe items, but they add articulation to them. (which still gets me... a Megazord can stand there like a statue, but it's Minipla will bust out badass poses. ...I don't get it.)

These, while impressive for the size, aren't quite what I was expecting. Fortress Maximus is a perfect example of how to do these Kabayas. However, I will be fair...Road Caesar rocks. I'm very impressed that they tried to replicate the Brainmaster gimmick (well, as best they could).

And the colors look good, too. None of that neon crazy off color plastic like they normally do with these kits. The stickers, however, those scare me so bad. Usually factory stickers are crapola.
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533693)
Posted by RAcast on December 7th, 2013 @ 10:02am CST
Noooooooooooooo...

They aren't in stock at Captured Prey anymore. :sad:
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533889)
Posted by eyl on December 8th, 2013 @ 3:28pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:...hmm...

Maximus is a Voyager Class size, which means Road Caesar is about the size of a Deluxe Class and then Overlord is Commander Class...
I dunno, Overlord looks about the height of Victory Saber, who is about Deluxe class sized, so that would put Overlord at Deluxe and Road Caesar somewhere just above Deluxe but still not Voyager. ;)


You might very well be right. Price still stings, however.

And seeing that God Ginrai with poseable arms makes me realize that while they're getting more complex in gimmicks with these Kabayas, their size and articulation is going down. They should take a cue from Bandai and their Candy Toys/Minipla... They not only strive to replicate the deluxe items, but they add articulation to them. (which still gets me... a Megazord can stand there like a statue, but it's Minipla will bust out badass poses. ...I don't get it.)

These, while impressive for the size, aren't quite what I was expecting. Fortress Maximus is a perfect example of how to do these Kabayas. However, I will be fair...Road Caesar rocks. I'm very impressed that they tried to replicate the Brainmaster gimmick (well, as best they could).

And the colors look good, too. None of that neon crazy off color plastic like they normally do with these kits. The stickers, however, those scare me so bad. Usually factory stickers are crapola.


I think Kabaya kits usually are miniaturized G1 versions with about the same articulations and lots of parts forming. God Ginrai with elbow articulation was "abnormal". Not much we can do about the stickers. I don't think Reprolabels will design stickers for Kabaya kits.
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1533950)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 8th, 2013 @ 11:18pm CST
eyl wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:...hmm...

Maximus is a Voyager Class size, which means Road Caesar is about the size of a Deluxe Class and then Overlord is Commander Class...
I dunno, Overlord looks about the height of Victory Saber, who is about Deluxe class sized, so that would put Overlord at Deluxe and Road Caesar somewhere just above Deluxe but still not Voyager. ;)


You might very well be right. Price still stings, however.

And seeing that God Ginrai with poseable arms makes me realize that while they're getting more complex in gimmicks with these Kabayas, their size and articulation is going down. They should take a cue from Bandai and their Candy Toys/Minipla... They not only strive to replicate the deluxe items, but they add articulation to them. (which still gets me... a Megazord can stand there like a statue, but it's Minipla will bust out badass poses. ...I don't get it.)

These, while impressive for the size, aren't quite what I was expecting. Fortress Maximus is a perfect example of how to do these Kabayas. However, I will be fair...Road Caesar rocks. I'm very impressed that they tried to replicate the Brainmaster gimmick (well, as best they could).

And the colors look good, too. None of that neon crazy off color plastic like they normally do with these kits. The stickers, however, those scare me so bad. Usually factory stickers are crapola.


I think Kabaya kits usually are miniaturized G1 versions with about the same articulations and lots of parts forming. God Ginrai with elbow articulation was "abnormal". Not much we can do about the stickers. I don't think Reprolabels will design stickers for Kabaya kits.


If that's true, they really need to take a cue from Bandai. Their Sentai Minipla are incredibly detailed and poseable. It's amazing how much can come from so little.
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1534075)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 9th, 2013 @ 6:03pm CST
This is sooooooooooo cruel. Just re-release the originals Tomy! :sad:
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1534106)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 9th, 2013 @ 9:13pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:This is sooooooooooo cruel. Just re-release the originals Tomy! :sad:
How is it cruel? Why shouldn't Kabaya fans get a chance to own these characters in this form?
Re: In-Hand Images: Kabaya Overlord and Road Caeser (1534120)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 9th, 2013 @ 9:43pm CST
It's not the same Saber :sad: not the same........... I want my Overlord waaaaaaah

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS ENCORE 21 Soundblaster Soundwave w/ Cassettes Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 55 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack (B3775) BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 43 minutes 22 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-18B Bluestreak Blue Limited - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 52 minutes 47 seconds
E-Hobby TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG EX DEADLOCK w/ COMIC BOOK - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 53 minutes 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece MP-18 BLUESTREAK Streak + COIN + AMAZON LAUNCHER CANNON - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 57 minutes 54 seconds
TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS • COMBINER WARS Titan Class DEVASTATOR - Time Remaining: 27 days 3 hours 46 minutes 8 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TOKYO ANIME EXPO 2012 EXCLUSIVE UNITED OPTIMUS NEMESIS PRIME - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 53 minutes 25 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Cybertron Decepticon Dirt Boss Deluxe Class 6" Inch Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 17 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016