Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise

Transformers News: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise

Tuesday, August 12th, 2014 2:48PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 18,156

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com member Breakdown318 stopped by to let us know of a current ongoing auction held by the now famous ebay seller lena81822. Today we get some in-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise. Streetwise is the new repaint of Beast Hunters Prowl andwas first reported here. Check out the images we've mirrored below.

Transformers News: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise

Transformers News: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise

Transformers News: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise

Transformers News: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise

Transformers News: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise

Transformers News: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise

Transformers News: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise

Transformers News: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise
Credit(s): Ebay seller lena81822
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598769)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 12th, 2014 @ 2:51pm CDT
Streetsmart looks... pretty plain-looking.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598774)
Posted by william-james88 on August 12th, 2014 @ 2:57pm CDT
Ha! Want to know the funniest thing? I am a big fan of the scalper-killing Lena seller and I actually saw this transformer being sold but thought it was simply Prowl and thought nothing of it :lol:
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598776)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 12th, 2014 @ 3:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Streetsmart looks... pretty plain-looking.



I hear what you're saying. It is pretty plain.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598777)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 12th, 2014 @ 3:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Streetsmart looks... pretty plain-looking.


In robot mode I agree. On the flipside that makes him perfect for aspiring customizers who want to do detailing. Shame mine will remain the Netherlands whereas I'm leaving it.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598778)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 12th, 2014 @ 3:12pm CDT
Yeah, it is kinda plain. Not that Streetwise was ever particularly interesting-looking, but it is a little dull. Doesn't help that the original mold was white too.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598788)
Posted by Flashwave on August 12th, 2014 @ 3:28pm CDT
reminds me of the sword bot guy
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598798)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 12th, 2014 @ 4:00pm CDT
For a moment I was wondering "Why is Prime Prowl suddenly news-worthy again?"
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598836)
Posted by Heckfire on August 12th, 2014 @ 5:31pm CDT
Pretty pretty sweet, there...I've just been using BH Prowl himself as a G2-style Streetwise, Galaxy Force Police Gasket as Groove, and GPO Hot Spot as, well, Hot Spot. Kinda wish they'd do a new head sculpt for Ratchet-into-First-Aid, but these are cost-effective repaints, so whatever.

EDIT: And, for the record, "Streetsmart" is a WAY better avoid-the-copyright alternative to "Streetwise" than "Streetstar." Sorry, FunPub and Takara.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598837)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 12th, 2014 @ 5:38pm CDT
Heckfire wrote:EDIT: And, for the record, "Streetsmart" is a WAY better avoid-the-copyright alternative to "Streetwise" than "Streetstar." Sorry, FunPub and Takara.
Well, G1 Streetstar was originally some other dude than Streetwise.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598843)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 12th, 2014 @ 6:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Heckfire wrote:EDIT: And, for the record, "Streetsmart" is a WAY better avoid-the-copyright alternative to "Streetwise" than "Streetstar." Sorry, FunPub and Takara.
Well, G1 Streetstar was originally some other dude than Streetwise.


Even that's debatable as Guard City, of which he is a part, was never shown separated.

And it's trademark :HEADHURTS:
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598846)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 12th, 2014 @ 6:13pm CDT
I agree with Sabrblade. This toy is dull and plain. I really hope that someone in the Transtopia section would get this guy and redo this toy entirely. Change the faction or make a new plastic head sculpt for the figure. Give him more paint aps. Make the vehicle mode have the same markings of your local police department. Just so many things that you can do to a blank toy.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598849)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 12th, 2014 @ 6:18pm CDT
While I call it "plain", I wouldn't call it "dull". I do think it looks ordinary and not-special, but not bad or overbearingly boring. He just looks like a Cybertron John Doe or Average Joe, rather than a special person. But not in awful way. Just... a deco of neutral indifference.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598850)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on August 12th, 2014 @ 6:21pm CDT
Image
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598880)
Posted by shajaki on August 12th, 2014 @ 8:11pm CDT
for how critical this fandom can be, im quite shocked that theres a pretty generic "meh" verdict on this figure. his robot mode has almost NO paint. thats pretty pathetic. and i thought smokescreen was lacking in paint....

im a huuuge fan of the mold, and would normally but every version of it. but this... makes me sad.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598884)
Posted by jgilkinson on August 12th, 2014 @ 8:26pm CDT
After seeing the combiner treatment the aerialbots got Im not really feeling this set. If they had repainted Hot Spot back to that admittedly non-accurate blue I would have at least gotten that one but as is I will pass. Still plenty of other releases to take my money
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598915)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:26am CDT
It's rather funny that the Transformers Prime Prowl release of this mold makes a way better "G1 Streetwise" than this repaint. It would be interesting to know if these "Protectobots" were meant to be a late Transformers Prime release that unfortunately got delayed until way after that line was officially dead. The complete lack of concern for G1 color choices supports that idea.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598954)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:16am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:It's rather funny that the Transformers Prime Prowl release of this mold makes a way better "G1 Streetwise" than this repaint. It would be interesting to know if these "Protectobots" were meant to be a late Transformers Prime release that unfortunately got delayed until way after that line was officially dead. The complete lack of concern for G1 color choices supports that idea.


Then explain the other set having a Classics-style (Hot Spot) and Movie-style mold (Blades) ;)
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598959)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:46am CDT
Thanks to Tfnd.net we have new in-hand images of Generations Deluxe class Jhiaxus. Jhiaxus is a remold of the new Generations Armada Starscream that was released earlier this year. In the IDW comics Jhiaxus used the reactive armor to change into this new body which explains why he now using the Armada Starscream mold. We've mirrored these images below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!


Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598962)
Posted by Metroplex79 on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:56am CDT
I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jhiaxus_(G2)
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598966)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:04am CDT
Metroplex79 wrote:I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jhiaxus_(G2)


In before anyone commenting on his colors being off compared to the comic. Body from the comic yet colors from the RiD toy... :-?
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598972)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:28am CDT
Streetwise look absolutely boring, sooooo much whiiitteee :BOOM:

Jhiaxus looks fantastic IMO. I do wish he was in his traditional colors, but who knows? Maybe Takara will release this guy next year in IDW colors.

Now the only thing we need from this mold is a Pharma. :D
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598975)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:30am CDT
I really like this mold. Not a character that is on my must have list, but my love of the aerial bot molds I will probably have to pick him up if he ever makes it to stores past all the AOE shelf warming junk.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598980)
Posted by Va'al on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:36am CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Jhiaxus looks fantastic IMO. I do wish he was in his traditional colors, but who knows? Maybe Takara will release this guy next year in IDW colors.


I sincerely hope that, because it would make me buy the figure immediately. :D

So far, I like it, but will not get it, no matter what excuse IDW made for it to have those colours. [-(
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598981)
Posted by Va'al on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:38am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Metroplex79 wrote:I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jhiaxus_(G2)


In before anyone commenting on his colors being off compared to the comic. Body from the comic yet colors from the RiD toy... :-?


Depends on what comic you mean! G2/ReGen - off colour. Dark Cybertron - accurate, if only for a couple of panels.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598982)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:44am CDT
It's so close to burnt orange I love it, not as Jhiaxus but just as burnt orange transformer.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598986)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
I'm just going to put my thoughts out. The Armada Starscream mold really needs a repaint. The traditional Thundercracker and Skywarp. It's probably something that Hasbro will never do, but I hope Takara does it. After all, the Armada toyline did have Thundercracker as a repaint of Starscream and Skywarp as a retool and repaint of Starscream. It's something that I will actually spend money on so, why not?
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598997)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:22am CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Now the only thing we need from this mold is a Pharma. :D


Aaaaaaaaaaaand cannot unsee. :BANG_HEAD:

I would totally buy this as Pharma. Just give him a new head and accurate deco, and I'll be down for him. :x
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1598999)
Posted by william-james88 on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:Now the only thing we need from this mold is a Pharma. :D


Aaaaaaaaaaaand cannot unsee. :BANG_HEAD:

I would totally buy this as Pharma. Just give him a new head and accurate deco, and I'll be down for him. :x


Well to give you an idea:

Image
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599000)
Posted by philswitch engage on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:36am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Thanks to Tfnd.net we have new in-hand images of Generations Deluxe class Jhiaxus. Jhiaxus is a remold of the new Generations Armada Starscream that was released earlier this year. In the IDW comics Jhiaxus used the reactive armor to change into this new body which explains why he now using the Armada Starscream mold. We've mirrored these images below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!


Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Wow. I am really underwhelmed by this. The face has a great sculpt but is so lacking on paint.

I am hoping Takara does a repaint or reprolabels comes through with this guy. Until then, I will not be picking him up.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599011)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CDT
It's a good repaint/remold when you can barely tell the base mold. Will pick up for sure.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599015)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:41pm CDT
Hell yeah. Those SMGs are going to AOE crosshairs though
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599018)
Posted by WildclawPrime on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CDT
Good looking figure. Way better looking figure than that BM Jetstorm repaint he got during the final days of the RID toyline. My complaint though is the lack of paint detailing in the robot mode. I don't know, to me, Jhiaxus looks plain, almost like the Hasbro version of Armada Starscream. However, he does look promising, and I would pick him up.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599059)
Posted by Metroplex79 on August 13th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Metroplex79 wrote:I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jhiaxus_(G2)


In before anyone commenting on his colors being off compared to the comic. Body from the comic yet colors from the RiD toy... :-?

They toys for the new RID show? :-B

:HEADHURTS:

I watched a bit of RiD back in 2001, but I don't recall seeing him in it.

:saint:

But seriously, so Hasbro is homaging a character from the comics using the color scheme of a guy with no fiction (not even a bio on the back of the card) and no on-screen appearances.

Does Marvel still hold the rights to the real Jhiaxus design and color scheme?
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599086)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 13th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT
Metroplex79 wrote:Does Marvel still hold the rights to the real Jhiaxus design and color scheme?


The only characters Marvel has a firm hold of are Circuit Breaker and Death's Head, yes?
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599094)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on August 13th, 2014 @ 5:09pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Well to give you an idea:

Image


Oh my, yes. Yes, yes, yes! :BOWDOWN:
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599101)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 13th, 2014 @ 5:33pm CDT
That Jiaxus. Talk about some serious remolding! Worth owning.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599103)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 13th, 2014 @ 5:46pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:It's rather funny that the Transformers Prime Prowl release of this mold makes a way better "G1 Streetwise" than this repaint. It would be interesting to know if these "Protectobots" were meant to be a late Transformers Prime release that unfortunately got delayed until way after that line was officially dead. The complete lack of concern for G1 color choices supports that idea.


Then explain the other set having a Classics-style (Hot Spot) and Movie-style mold (Blades) ;)


Hasbro stopped caring? ;) The likely explanation is that there simply wasn't a TFP mold that could fit the bill for Hotspot. Using the Classics Inferno/Grapple mold is honestly not that bad of a stretch for the Prime aesthetic. Blades is another matter, but what were they honestly going to do instead? Repaint Airachnid? *shudders*
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599129)
Posted by Valandar on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:36pm CDT
That Jhiaxus is one of the more extreme remolds I've seen in a very long while.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599133)
Posted by durroth on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:50pm CDT
It's a shame about the colors because they really went all out with remolding this guy.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599188)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 14th, 2014 @ 7:28am CDT
Meh, I want to like him but he is just too small.. Should have been voyager sized.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599275)
Posted by shajaki on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:44am CDT
i agree with everyone being surprised and happy with the remolding, but i cant stand the oversight on the colors. ill be getting him, but only cause im worried takara wont release him.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599614)
Posted by xyl360 on August 15th, 2014 @ 12:29pm CDT
I'm not sure if anyone posted this anywhere yet or if this is even the thread where it belongs, but BBTS just listed Hasbro's Generations Voyager Brainstorm.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599685)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 15th, 2014 @ 5:57pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:I'm not sure if anyone posted this anywhere yet or if this is even the thread where it belongs, but BBTS just listed Hasbro's Generations Voyager Brainstorm.


We've already got it up! ;)

TF Source also has theirs up, too. I'll more than likely order from them, since I've had a good experience with them.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599897)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 17th, 2014 @ 5:40am CDT
Was anyone else disappointed that Generations Voyager Whirl didnt have a single Autobot symbol on him? I know I was. Stickers are ok, I just prefer the paint or beveled symbols more.

I was hoping at least the shoulder mark would be there. But his demo images show marks on the cockpit and shoulder, final product didnt have them. Still a cool voyager to put with my other aerial bots.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599903)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 17th, 2014 @ 6:55am CDT
The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.

Image
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599906)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 17th, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
MenaceRX wrote:Was anyone else disappointed that Generations Voyager Whirl didnt have a single Autobot symbol on him? I know I was. Stickers are ok, I just prefer the paint or beveled symbols more.

I was hoping at least the shoulder mark would be there. But his demo images show marks on the cockpit and shoulder, final product didnt have them. Still a cool voyager to put with my other aerial bots.


Mine didnt even come with a sticker sheet. I had to pay an extra 15$ on top of the 34$ I already paid for him for the Reprolabels. Nevertheless, it made an amazing result.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599964)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 17th, 2014 @ 12:26pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.

Image


Will Takara forego the stickers altogether for Whirl and Roadbuster, just giving us some tampographed faction symbols and more paint details instead? Or is it going to be a bit of a Metroplex situation, where we still got SOME stickers, but not nearly as many as the Hasbro release, with more paint apps to compensate?
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1599987)
Posted by shajaki on August 17th, 2014 @ 1:22pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.
Will Takara forego the stickers altogether for Whirl and Roadbuster, just giving us some tampographed faction symbols and more paint details instead? Or is it going to be a bit of a Metroplex situation, where we still got SOME stickers, but nearly as many as the Hasbro release, with more paint apps to compensate?
i believe (i read somewhere) takara forgoes the sticker sheet entirely. but since theyre not released yet, i cant confirm.

did takaras metroplex have more apps and less stickers? i have the HK metro and his sticker sheet was bigger than my bed sheet.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1600017)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 17th, 2014 @ 3:40pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.
Will Takara forego the stickers altogether for Whirl and Roadbuster, just giving us some tampographed faction symbols and more paint details instead? Or is it going to be a bit of a Metroplex situation, where we still got SOME stickers, but not nearly as many as the Hasbro release, with more paint apps to compensate?
i believe (i read somewhere) takara forgoes the sticker sheet entirely. but since theyre not released yet, i cant confirm.

did takaras metroplex have more apps and less stickers? i have the HK metro and his sticker sheet was bigger than my bed sheet.


Yeah, the Takara version had fewer stickers and more paint apps. That should have read "not nearly as many" before, sorry (I've corrected that where I can). The HK ACG-CON version is a Hasbro release with the same sticker sheets and paint apps as Hasbro's other Metropex releases.
Re: In-hand images of Protectobot 3 pack streetwise (1600083)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 17th, 2014 @ 9:11pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.
Will Takara forego the stickers altogether for Whirl and Roadbuster, just giving us some tampographed faction symbols and more paint details instead? Or is it going to be a bit of a Metroplex situation, where we still got SOME stickers, but not nearly as many as the Hasbro release, with more paint apps to compensate?
i believe (i read somewhere) takara forgoes the sticker sheet entirely. but since theyre not released yet, i cant confirm.

did takaras metroplex have more apps and less stickers? i have the HK metro and his sticker sheet was bigger than my bed sheet.


Yeah, the Takara version had fewer stickers and more paint apps. That should have read "not nearly as many" before, sorry (I've corrected that where I can). The HK ACG-CON version is a Hasbro release with the same sticker sheets and paint apps as Hasbro's other Metropex releases.


Still too early to tell but in JP online stores, there's no mention of the sticker sheet on RB and Whirl. Btw, I thought the HK ACG-CON 'plex had metallic labels like the Tomy version?

And yup...........it was overloaded regardless..........took me nearly two hours to get them all on.

Click here to view an additional 904 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014