In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014 4:56PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 22,242

Courtesy of Seibertron, we have in-hand images of the Stomp and Chomp Grimlock. This is a huge, 20" Grimlock figure with lights and sounds, and features a one step conversion and pop out weapons. Also included is a small Optimus Prime figure who can interact with Grimlock.

Check out pictures below, including a size comparison shot to a few other Transformers toys to give you an idea of scale! This is a pretty sizable figure.

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Would you buy this figure? Tell us why or why not in the Energon Pub!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587739)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 4:58pm CDT
When the eventually Stomp & Chomp Grimlock gallery goes up, I wonder if we'll get to see height comparison pics of the toy with Fort Max and Generations Metroplex.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587742)
Posted by autobot1979 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:03pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587743)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:08pm CDT
autobot1979 wrote:I didn't see the film yet , I am going tomorrow for the open release here in Scotland with my girlfriend. But if Galvatron that's Megatron call them "brothers", I assume these brothers are DECEPTICONS!
Not even Galvatron is called a Decepticon in the movie. :P

If they must be called anything, best term to refer to them in general (meaning both before and after the climax of the film) would be "the Prototypes".
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587744)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:11pm CDT
And who says the "Galvatron = Megatron" rule has to apply to every continuity? BWII Galvatron wasn't BW Megatron, was he?
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587745)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:12pm CDT
Baltmatrix already reviewed this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1obNakU3dew

Here's someone else's video showing off some of the features:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZVezH3XzSw
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587746)
Posted by autobot1979 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:33pm CDT
I know not always Galvatron is Megatron, but in this movie it is! Galvatron is Megatron so is the leader of the Decepticosn.
And He was the most evil in the first film as an Alien JEt, He was wicked.
I would love if they back His vehicle mode to some thing like that.
Is too boring an earth truck for Galvatron. This truck should have been Motormaster for sure.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587753)
Posted by megatronus on July 3rd, 2014 @ 6:09pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:So, do you think AoE Prime (the new design) will get a better toy than the Leader Class and First Edition ones in the not too distant future? (Considering the contrast between his new streamlined robot-body and the bulky Western Star semi, is it even possible?)
What can I say, I kind of wanted one after watching the movie but neither looks like they're worth it.

People were overwhelming underwhelmed by the First Edition figure.

But, I can say the Leader Class OP is worth it. He's really nice and I'm happy with him.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587776)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 9:55pm CDT
Seibertron also got that new constructbots set too. Both are on my radar but not must haves, well the constructbots set is
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587781)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:16pm CDT

LA10 Scorn

LA11 Strafe

Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587784)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:By way of Toys 'R' Us Japan, we have some nice high rez promo images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe. These are the Takara release of the Hasbro Power Attackers Scorn and Strafe. The images have been mirrored for your convenience.

LA10 Scorn

LA11 Strafe

These look good but I don't see anything different to recommend these over the US versions
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587787)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:46pm CDT
Since we're discussing the figure here's Power Battler Scorn

And for fun here's one stepish Bumblebee, I guess this is the new Camerro mold.

Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587788)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:48pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

LA10 Scorn

LA11 Strafe

Hasbro's versions have different paint apps and no chrome:

Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587795)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:04am CDT
Hasbro Scorn hands down. Strafe is up in the air, based on personal preference.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587797)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:20am CDT
megatronus wrote:Hasbro Scorn hands down. Strafe is up in the air, based on personal preference.

I didn't mean there weren't differences, just not enough to make me sell everything and give Takara my money.

Oh by the way, Strafe is up in the air, good one!
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587798)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:40am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Oh by the way, Strafe is up in the air, good one!

I didn't even realize I did that. Huzzah! :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587800)
Posted by xyl360 on July 4th, 2014 @ 1:20am CDT
I wasn't planning on getting any of these kiddified versions, but those paint apps are frickin' sweet, especially on Scorn. I LOVE the chrome. I think I'm gonna have to get him, not sure about Strafe though; I need to compare him to his deluxe counterpart more first.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587802)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 4th, 2014 @ 1:49am CDT
Scorn looks pretty cool in silver, if that was the hasbro version id be tempted to get one. Strafe still looks terrible, i saw the hasbro one at walmart today & its worse in person. Even with a good paint job a bad mold is still a bad mold.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587805)
Posted by xyl360 on July 4th, 2014 @ 2:01am CDT
By the way guys, I think BBTS knows something about Scorn that we do not :P:[quote]The Pop! WWE Hulk Hogan is a 3.75" not articulated vinyl figure.[/quote]Either that, or they're just providing an observation about an unrelated toy for some reason :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587831)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:37am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Autobot Dash wrote:Hasbro should divide the movie toy line in Adults and Childrens.
All mix it's not a good idea, because they don't do very detailed and complex toys, and in the same time, not so simple as might be.
It turns out that does not do very well in either sides.

They already did, with the gimmicky "Robots in Disguise" toys and the more complex "Generations Series M4" for the older kids (8+ instead of the usual 5+) and collectors. The Generations toys are of the "traditional" style, including the Deluxe, Voyager and Leader Classes.

They need to separate the complex and better ones for adults, and make the same characters, in same class size, but in less complex versions to children.
Yes, is a dream. hahahaha :grin: :grin:
But in my opinion is the better way to satisfying all the fans.

I don't know if is my mind only, but in general the toys fell in complexity, even those targeted to adults or older kids.

Sabrblade wrote:
autobot1979 wrote:If Generations are meant to adults collectors why don't we have all the Decepticons in this Generations Line? It's so frustrating for me as a collector to have just Autobots. We deserve more respect from Hasbro.
What Decepticons are you talking about?

And, no, we DON'T deserve anything from Hasbro. We are not their target audience. The fact that they're even bothering to think about us older fans at all is a generous mercy unto itself.

We are not that "market share" for them??? :shock:

Observedhalo wrote:

I for one want leader class lockdown, Galvatron and Junkheap. Junkheap should be leader so he can split into three deluxe sized drones. Lockdown should have a Deluxe sized vehicle mode and a leader sized robot mode, and have all his weapons and mask. Maybe we will get the Vehicons in later waves, of in the interim years.

I can't visualize a Leader Galvatron. How can a robot like him (I don't see any vehicle part in his body!!) transform into a Freightliner Argosy without a HUGE backpack? :-(
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587835)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:47am CDT
Autobot Dash wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
What Decepticons are you talking about?

We are not that "market share" for them??? :shock:

Nope. We do get acknowledged by Hasbro, despite making up about... 5%-10%? And they do monitor fan sites, but that's it. All the collector-oriented stuff are still sold as "children's toys" for greater exposure, possibly leading to more sales. Convention Exclusives can be exempted, but overall, the real Collector's Items are done by licensees like FunPub.

Ending Soon On eBay

D0500077 SCRAPPER TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOT MINIBOT ALL ORIGINAL G1 MOC RESEAL - Time Remaining: 15 days 9 hours 45 minutes 16 seconds
D0503354 POWERGLIDE TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOT MINIBOT ALL ORIGINAL G1 MOC RESEAL - Time Remaining: 15 days 8 hours 59 minutes 58 seconds
D0508337 WARPATH AUTOBOT TRANSFORMERS MINIBOT ORIGINAL G1 MOC RESEAL - Time Remaining: 15 days 8 hours 45 minutes 1 second
Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron ULTRA MAGNUS   PLEASE READ POSTING - Time Remaining: 23 days 11 hours 19 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Generations Springer Woyager Class MIB Triple Changer Rare - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 36 minutes 4 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron AIR RAID   PLEASE READ POSTING - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 26 minutes 13 seconds
NEW TRANSFORMERS ROTF OPTIMUS PRIME LARGE VOYAGER CLASS FIGURE NEVER OPENED - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 28 minutes 42 seconds
NEW TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS CLASS FIGURE LOT OPTIMUS PRIME BUMBLEBEE MEGATRON ROTF - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 43 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory