Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014 4:56PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 18,004

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of Seibertron, we have in-hand images of the Stomp and Chomp Grimlock. This is a huge, 20" Grimlock figure with lights and sounds, and features a one step conversion and pop out weapons. Also included is a small Optimus Prime figure who can interact with Grimlock.

Check out pictures below, including a size comparison shot to a few other Transformers toys to give you an idea of scale! This is a pretty sizable figure.

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Would you buy this figure? Tell us why or why not in the Energon Pub!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587739)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 4:58pm CDT
When the eventually Stomp & Chomp Grimlock gallery goes up, I wonder if we'll get to see height comparison pics of the toy with Fort Max and Generations Metroplex.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587742)
Posted by autobot1979 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:03pm CDT
I didn't see the film yet , I am going tomorrow for the open release here in Scotland with my girlfriend. But if Galvatron that's Megatron call them "brothers", I assume these brothers are DECEPTICONS!
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587743)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:08pm CDT
autobot1979 wrote:I didn't see the film yet , I am going tomorrow for the open release here in Scotland with my girlfriend. But if Galvatron that's Megatron call them "brothers", I assume these brothers are DECEPTICONS!
Not even Galvatron is called a Decepticon in the movie. :P

If they must be called anything, best term to refer to them in general (meaning both before and after the climax of the film) would be "the Prototypes".
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587744)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:11pm CDT
And who says the "Galvatron = Megatron" rule has to apply to every continuity? BWII Galvatron wasn't BW Megatron, was he?
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587745)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:12pm CDT
Baltmatrix already reviewed this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1obNakU3dew

Here's someone else's video showing off some of the features:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZVezH3XzSw
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587746)
Posted by autobot1979 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:33pm CDT
I know not always Galvatron is Megatron, but in this movie it is! Galvatron is Megatron so is the leader of the Decepticosn.
And He was the most evil in the first film as an Alien JEt, He was wicked.
I would love if they back His vehicle mode to some thing like that.
Is too boring an earth truck for Galvatron. This truck should have been Motormaster for sure.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587753)
Posted by megatronus on July 3rd, 2014 @ 6:09pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:So, do you think AoE Prime (the new design) will get a better toy than the Leader Class and First Edition ones in the not too distant future? (Considering the contrast between his new streamlined robot-body and the bulky Western Star semi, is it even possible?)
What can I say, I kind of wanted one after watching the movie but neither looks like they're worth it.

People were overwhelming underwhelmed by the First Edition figure.

But, I can say the Leader Class OP is worth it. He's really nice and I'm happy with him.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587776)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 9:55pm CDT
Seibertron also got that new constructbots set too. Both are on my radar but not must haves, well the constructbots set is
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587781)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:16pm CDT
By way of Toys 'R' Us Japan, we have some nice high rez promo images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe. These are the Takara release of the Hasbro Power Attackers Scorn and Strafe. The images have been mirrored for your convenience.

LA10 Scorn

Image

Image

Image

Image

LA11 Strafe

Image

Image

Image
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587784)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:By way of Toys 'R' Us Japan, we have some nice high rez promo images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe. These are the Takara release of the Hasbro Power Attackers Scorn and Strafe. The images have been mirrored for your convenience.

LA10 Scorn

Image

Image

Image

Image

LA11 Strafe

Image

Image

Image


These look good but I don't see anything different to recommend these over the US versions
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587787)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:46pm CDT
Since we're discussing the figure here's Power Battler Scorn




And for fun here's one stepish Bumblebee, I guess this is the new Camerro mold.

Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587788)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2014 @ 11:48pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:By way of Toys 'R' Us Japan, we have some nice high rez promo images of Takara Lost Age LA10 Scorn and LA11 Strafe. These are the Takara release of the Hasbro Power Attackers Scorn and Strafe. The images have been mirrored for your convenience.

LA10 Scorn

Image

Image

Image

Image

LA11 Strafe

Image

Image

Image


These look good but I don't see anything different to recommend these over the US versions
Hasbro's versions have different paint apps and no chrome:
Image
Image
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587795)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:04am CDT
Hasbro Scorn hands down. Strafe is up in the air, based on personal preference.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587797)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:20am CDT
megatronus wrote:Hasbro Scorn hands down. Strafe is up in the air, based on personal preference.


I didn't mean there weren't differences, just not enough to make me sell everything and give Takara my money.

Oh by the way, Strafe is up in the air, good one!
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587798)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:40am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Hasbro Scorn hands down. Strafe is up in the air, based on personal preference.


I didn't mean there weren't differences, just not enough to make me sell everything and give Takara my money.

Oh by the way, Strafe is up in the air, good one!

I didn't even realize I did that. Huzzah! :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587800)
Posted by xyl360 on July 4th, 2014 @ 1:20am CDT
I wasn't planning on getting any of these kiddified versions, but those paint apps are frickin' sweet, especially on Scorn. I LOVE the chrome. I think I'm gonna have to get him, not sure about Strafe though; I need to compare him to his deluxe counterpart more first.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587802)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 4th, 2014 @ 1:49am CDT
Scorn looks pretty cool in silver, if that was the hasbro version id be tempted to get one. Strafe still looks terrible, i saw the hasbro one at walmart today & its worse in person. Even with a good paint job a bad mold is still a bad mold.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587805)
Posted by xyl360 on July 4th, 2014 @ 2:01am CDT
By the way guys, I think BBTS knows something about Scorn that we do not :P:
The Pop! WWE Hulk Hogan is a 3.75" not articulated vinyl figure.
Either that, or they're just providing an observation about an unrelated toy for some reason :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587831)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:37am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Autobot Dash wrote:Hasbro should divide the movie toy line in Adults and Childrens.
All mix it's not a good idea, because they don't do very detailed and complex toys, and in the same time, not so simple as might be.
It turns out that does not do very well in either sides.


They already did, with the gimmicky "Robots in Disguise" toys and the more complex "Generations Series M4" for the older kids (8+ instead of the usual 5+) and collectors. The Generations toys are of the "traditional" style, including the Deluxe, Voyager and Leader Classes.


They need to separate the complex and better ones for adults, and make the same characters, in same class size, but in less complex versions to children.
Yes, is a dream. hahahaha :grin: :grin:
But in my opinion is the better way to satisfying all the fans.

I don't know if is my mind only, but in general the toys fell in complexity, even those targeted to adults or older kids.

Sabrblade wrote:
autobot1979 wrote:If Generations are meant to adults collectors why don't we have all the Decepticons in this Generations Line? It's so frustrating for me as a collector to have just Autobots. We deserve more respect from Hasbro.
What Decepticons are you talking about?

And, no, we DON'T deserve anything from Hasbro. We are not their target audience. The fact that they're even bothering to think about us older fans at all is a generous mercy unto itself.


We are not that "market share" for them??? :shock:

Observedhalo wrote:
autobot1979 wrote:If Generations are meant to adults collectors why don't we have all the Decepticons in this Generations Line? It's so frustrating for me as a collector to have just Autobots. We deserve more respect from Hasbro.


I for one want leader class lockdown, Galvatron and Junkheap. Junkheap should be leader so he can split into three deluxe sized drones. Lockdown should have a Deluxe sized vehicle mode and a leader sized robot mode, and have all his weapons and mask. Maybe we will get the Vehicons in later waves, of in the interim years.


I can't visualize a Leader Galvatron. How can a robot like him (I don't see any vehicle part in his body!!) transform into a Freightliner Argosy without a HUGE backpack? :-(
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587835)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:47am CDT
Autobot Dash wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
autobot1979 wrote:If Generations are meant to adults collectors why don't we have all the Decepticons in this Generations Line? It's so frustrating for me as a collector to have just Autobots. We deserve more respect from Hasbro.
What Decepticons are you talking about?

And, no, we DON'T deserve anything from Hasbro. We are not their target audience. The fact that they're even bothering to think about us older fans at all is a generous mercy unto itself.


We are not that "market share" for them??? :shock:


Nope. We do get acknowledged by Hasbro, despite making up about... 5%-10%? And they do monitor fan sites, but that's it. All the collector-oriented stuff are still sold as "children's toys" for greater exposure, possibly leading to more sales. Convention Exclusives can be exempted, but overall, the real Collector's Items are done by licensees like FunPub.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587838)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:04am CDT
I wish they visually separated the "collector" and "kiddie" toys. I keep picking up the... I dunno what they're called, one of the simple attack-gimmick things thinking they're Deluxes. And I got the benefit of fan-sites telling me there's a difference, I can't imagine being a clueless parent trying to figure this all out.



How recent is that ~10% statistic?
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587841)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:14am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:I wish they visually separated the "collector" and "kiddie" toys. I keep picking up the... I dunno what they're called, one of the simple attack-gimmick things thinking they're Deluxes. And I got the benefit of fan-sites telling me there's a difference, I can't imagine being a clueless parent trying to figure this all out.


Like they did with the first two Movies (FAB's and such)? True, I almost died with I saw the new AoE toys at my local toy store, but upon closer inspection I saw they weren't Generations, but Power Battlers. Very deceptive.
I will give credit to Hasbro for the attempt of unifying the packaging across the whole line and the planned separation of Young Kids vs. Collectors (and Older Kids), if they made the differences between Power Battlers and Deluxes just a tad clearer, it would be perfect.

How recent is that ~10% statistic?


It's been a steady estimate for the past few years, some say it's an optimistic 20%. I don't think Hasbro has actively tried to measure it tho.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587844)
Posted by Autobot Dash on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:23am CDT
Thanks for this information. I didn't know that.
I knew that the collectors are in less porcentage, but I tought about 25%, 35%...
Is a deluded vision... :oops:
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587846)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:33am CDT
Autobot Dash wrote:Thanks for this information. I din't know that.
I knew that the collectors are in less porcentage, but I tought about 25%, 35%...
Is a deluded vision... :oops:


Don't be sad, we have enough of a presence for Hasbro to cater to us in the shape of exclusives and conventions, not to mention allowing us to see product in advance with their blessing. Besides, we do get shout-outs at times, that's saying something.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587858)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 4th, 2014 @ 11:03am CDT
Some thread cleanup completed.

Guys, please use the edit button if you have more thoughts, instead of starting a new post, or utilizing multiple posts. Thank you.

As for our worth to Hasbro? I do believe they said at this year's panel that we have more pull and bigger numbers than previous years.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587868)
Posted by theghan on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:16pm CDT
Here's some size comparison for you-

Posted more pics here:
transformers-aoe-stomp-and-chomp-grimlock-picture-review-p1587857.php#p1587857


Image

Image
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587877)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
theghan wrote:Here's some size comparison for you-

Posted more pics here:
transformers-aoe-stomp-and-chomp-grimlock-picture-review-p1587857.php#p1587857


Image

Image


That thing is HUGE :shock:
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587879)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:38pm CDT
megatronus wrote:That thing is HUGE :shock:
It's roughly Fort Max/Titan Metroplex-sized, only far more simplistic and sparsely articulated.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587881)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:39pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
theghan wrote:Here's some size comparison for you-

Posted more pics here:
transformers-aoe-stomp-and-chomp-grimlock-picture-review-p1587857.php#p1587857


Image

Image


That thing is HUGE :shock:


My little cousin saw this at botcon when it was open to the public. He wants it for Christmas now. Can we have a size comparison with Generation Metroplex?
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587883)
Posted by theghan on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CDT
Observedhalo wrote:My little cousin saw this at botcon when it was open to the public. He wants it for Christmas now. Can we have a size comparison with Generation Metroplex?


Posted more pics here:
transformers-aoe-stomp-and-chomp-grimlock-picture-review-p1587857.php#p1587857
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587885)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CDT
Observedhalo wrote:
megatronus wrote:
theghan wrote:Here's some size comparison for you-

Posted more pics here:
transformers-aoe-stomp-and-chomp-grimlock-picture-review-p1587857.php#p1587857


Image

Image


That thing is HUGE :shock:


My little cousin saw this at botcon when it was open to the public. He wants it for Christmas now. Can we have a size comparison with Generation Metroplex?


Watched a review that gave a comparison. His robot mode eyes are basically chest level to Metroplex. I believe it was Optibotimus.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587902)
Posted by El Duque on July 4th, 2014 @ 2:27pm CDT
Also from the Agabyss.com Twitter feed we have color images of Takara Tomy's Dual Model Kit Age of Extinction Optimus Prime. Based on the images below it appears the model will not disappoint in terms of screen accuracy and articulation.

Image
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587912)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 4th, 2014 @ 3:16pm CDT
If I were to get anything based on this version of the big OP, this would be it. [-(
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587944)
Posted by Burn on July 4th, 2014 @ 5:57pm CDT
Looking at Stomp and Chomp Grimlock I'm thinking he's the AoE equivalent of Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor.

Big, simplified, and utterly useless.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587946)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 4th, 2014 @ 5:58pm CDT
Burn wrote:Looking at Stomp and Chomp Grimlock I'm thinking he's the AoE equivalent of Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor.

Big, simplified, and utterly useless.


:michaelbay:
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587950)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2014 @ 6:08pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:Looking at Stomp and Chomp Grimlock I'm thinking he's the AoE equivalent of Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor.

Big, simplified, and utterly useless.


:michaelbay:


Supreme Cheetor is still better because he actually transforms. All Grimlock does his bend over. :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587952)
Posted by Burn on July 4th, 2014 @ 6:29pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:Looking at Stomp and Chomp Grimlock I'm thinking he's the AoE equivalent of Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor.

Big, simplified, and utterly useless.


:michaelbay:


Supreme Cheetor is still better because he actually transforms. All Grimlock does his bend over. :lol:


That's practically what SC does.

And Fortress Maximus.

And Metroplex.

Heck, when you think about it, the only "complex" supreme Transformer would be Cybertron Starscream.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587953)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 4th, 2014 @ 6:31pm CDT
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:Looking at Stomp and Chomp Grimlock I'm thinking he's the AoE equivalent of Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor.

Big, simplified, and utterly useless.


:michaelbay:


Supreme Cheetor is still better because he actually transforms. All Grimlock does his bend over. :lol:


That's practically what SC does.

And Fortress Maximus.

And Metroplex.

Heck, when you think about it, the only "complex" supreme Transformer would be Cybertron Starscream.


What about Armada Unicron and Cybertron Primus? I'd say those two are somewhat complex.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587954)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 4th, 2014 @ 6:32pm CDT
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:Looking at Stomp and Chomp Grimlock I'm thinking he's the AoE equivalent of Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor.

Big, simplified, and utterly useless.


:michaelbay:


Supreme Cheetor is still better because he actually transforms. All Grimlock does his bend over. :lol:


That's practically what SC does.

And Fortress Maximus.

And Metroplex.

Heck, when you think about it, the only "complex" supreme Transformer would be Cybertron Starscream.


What about Unicron? Or does he also fall under "yoga position"? At least Cheetor is still more poseable (even if he can't stand up).
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587958)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2014 @ 6:54pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:Looking at Stomp and Chomp Grimlock I'm thinking he's the AoE equivalent of Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor.

Big, simplified, and utterly useless.


:michaelbay:


Supreme Cheetor is still better because he actually transforms. All Grimlock does his bend over. :lol:


That's practically what SC does.

And Fortress Maximus.

And Metroplex.

Heck, when you think about it, the only "complex" supreme Transformer would be Cybertron Starscream.


What about Armada Unicron and Cybertron Primus? I'd say those two are somewhat complex.

Perhaps. But they're still not nearly as big as Fort Max or Metroplex.

I don't know if Stomp & Chomp Grimlock is useless... he's the only version of Grimmy big enough for AOE [Leader] OP to ride, isn't he?
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587965)
Posted by dragons on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:12pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:Looking at Stomp and Chomp Grimlock I'm thinking he's the AoE equivalent of Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor.

Big, simplified, and utterly useless.


:michaelbay:


Supreme Cheetor is still better because he actually transforms. All Grimlock does his bend over. :lol:


That's practically what SC does.

And Fortress Maximus.

And Metroplex.

Heck, when you think about it, the only "complex" supreme Transformer would be Cybertron Starscream.


What about Armada Unicron and Cybertron Primus? I'd say those two are somewhat complex.

Perhaps. But they're still not nearly as big as Fort Max or Metroplex.

I don't know if Stomp & Chomp Grimlock is useless... he's the only version of Grimmy big enough for AOE [Leader] OP to ride, isn't he?


Unicron, primus complex, supreme starscream I found to be easy to transform you three talking about complex transformation here are two for you Star Wars Death Star darth vader transformer, leader Optimus prime movie 1 and 2 versions there is complexity for you three
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587967)
Posted by Burn on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:18pm CDT
Star Wars garbage doesn't count ('cause it's garbage) and the movie Primes are Leader class, we're talking Supreme class.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1587973)
Posted by Emerje on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:42pm CDT
People who don't think Fort Max is complex clearly don't own one. His battle station mode isn't so impressive, but city mode folds up into a very compact form. Besides, city bots are impressive not because of the complexity of their transformations, but the fact that they have three of them.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1588003)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2014 @ 11:14pm CDT
There's also G1 Overlord to think about, who is as tall as a Unicron Trilogy Supreme class figure.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1588031)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 5th, 2014 @ 2:14am CDT
Emerje wrote:People who don't think Fort Max is complex clearly don't own one. His battle station mode isn't so impressive, but city mode folds up into a very compact form. Besides, city bots are impressive not because of the complexity of their transformations, but the fact that they have three of them.

Emerje


I though size, in this case, did matter.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1588154)
Posted by Superwheeljack on July 5th, 2014 @ 6:10pm CDT
Got Swoop (NOT STRAFE!), Scorn, Crosshairs, HO Bee, voyager wave 1 and Drift. All of them are pretty cool. Still looking for Galvatron though...
On a scale from 1 to 10, what's Leader class prime?
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1588157)
Posted by william-james88 on July 5th, 2014 @ 6:22pm CDT
dragons wrote:That's practically what SC does.

And Fortress Maximus.

And Metroplex.

Heck, when you think about it, the only "complex" supreme Transformer would be Cybertron Starscream.


What about Armada Unicron and Cybertron Primus? I'd say those two are somewhat complex.[/quote]
Perhaps. But they're still not nearly as big as Fort Max or Metroplex.

I don't know if Stomp & Chomp Grimlock is useless... he's the only version of Grimmy big enough for AOE [Leader] OP to ride, isn't he?[/quote]

Unicron, primus complex, supreme starscream I found to be easy to transform you three talking about complex transformation here are two for you Star Wars Death Star darth vader transformer, leader Optimus prime movie 1 and 2 versions there is complexity for you three[/quote]

Does Cybertron Primus count as supreme class? Because hes more complex than Starscream
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1588181)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:51pm CDT
I think it ought to be pointed out that Fort Max and Generations Metroplex are not Supreme class figures. Metroplex is a Titan class toy, while Fort Max predates the size class system and belongs to none of them (though, if he were to be forced into one, he'd be the most akin to a Titan class toy).

All of the following are Supreme class toys:

Beast Machines
* Electronic Cheetor

Armada
* Unicron

Energon
* Unicron
* Omega Supreme
* Omega Sentinel

Cybertron
* Starscream
* Cybertron Primus
(Metroplex comes close, but he was sold as a Leader)

Animated
* Roll Out Command Optimus Prime

Universe (2008)
* Unicron

Revenge of the Fallen
* Constructicon Devastator (IIRC)

Welcome to Transformers 2010
* Universal Dominator Unicron
* Creator Primus

Transformers (2010)
* 25th Anniversary Unicron

Platinum Edition
* "Year of the Snake" Omega Supreme
* "Year of the Horse" Supreme Starscream

There's also the similarly-sized but much more electronically gimmick-based Ultimate class Bumblebee toys from the first movie line and ROTF.

And the Generations Fall of Cybertron Bruticus toy made up of five Deluxes, making it almost but not quite as tall as a Supreme.
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1588183)
Posted by megatronus on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:52pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:On a scale from 1 to 10, what's Leader class prime?

I would say 7, where ROTF Leader Prime is an 8 or 8.5 (in my book, anyway).
Re: In-Hand Images of Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (1588184)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:54pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Does Cybertron Primus count as supreme class? Because hes more complex than Starscream


He was sold at the Supreme pricepoint. That should give you a hint.

Click here to view an additional 232 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014