In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax

Transformers News: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax

Sunday, October 6th, 2013 11:44PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 15,841

We get more in-hand images of the Orion Pax half of the Takara TG-25 Orion Pax vs. Megatron set courtesy of Lost of HKTF. He is also shown compared to the Hasbro version of Orion Pax. The main differences here are the metallic paint that Takara is fond of as well as a blue tented windshield. This set is due out this month.

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs. Megatron
Credit(s): Lost of HKTF
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522262)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 7th, 2013 @ 12:29am CDT
Wish it were Ryan's shots. I can't seem to tell the difference, until you mentioned the blue windshield. It seems to have neutered the Autobot sigil on his chest.
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522265)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 7th, 2013 @ 1:02am CDT
Interesting. They're showing how you can store the ax on the back. I think it's slotted between the two tires.
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522278)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 7th, 2013 @ 3:01am CDT
Blue windshield takes away from the Autobot logo, which is never a good thing. Also, I'm not a fan of the brighter blue and orange plastics used. Makes him look too vibrant. Even Pax needs to balance his colors, and Hasbro's version does that quite nicely.

Also, in b4 Takara fanboys, aside from lighter shades and metallic red and the windshield, there are NO VISIBLE DIFFERENCES in paint apps.
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522280)
Posted by magnusalpha on October 7th, 2013 @ 3:13am CDT
I really like the orange of the Takara axe, though I don't have a problem with my Hasbro version's color.
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522294)
Posted by KnightStrike on October 7th, 2013 @ 6:11am CDT
I know the axe is traditionally orange, but I actually prefer the red of Hasbro's version. Also, as others have said, the blue tinted windshield really takes away from the Autobot symbol and chest detailing. On the bright side at least the Takara one does have paint apps and doesn't just come with stickers and a lot of Arms Micron holes all over it :lol:
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522297)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2013 @ 7:24am CDT
KnightStrike wrote:On the bright side at least the Takara one does have paint apps and doesn't just come with stickers and a lot of Arms Micron holes all over it :lol:
This is the Generations line, not the Prime line. Takara's Generations line never had stickers (barring Metroplex) or Arms Microns.
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522311)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on October 7th, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522355)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 7th, 2013 @ 12:43pm CDT
MagnetarPrime wrote:So glad I'm getting the takara 2 pack, the Hasbro version just does not make it for me... :grin:

Ditto...Orion Pax looks very epic compared to Hasbro's! :APPLAUSE: :VEHI:
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522367)
Posted by megatronus on October 7th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CDT
I really enjoy Hasbro's version, but I absolutely LOVE this one.

Did someone say Takara 2-pack? Where!?
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522368)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 7th, 2013 @ 2:59pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Did someone say Takara 2-pack? Where!?

The TakaraTomy versions of Orion Pax and Deluxe Megatron are sold together.
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522385)
Posted by KnightStrike on October 7th, 2013 @ 3:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Aye, sorry, that was just an attempt at humor on my part. After just stickering up Generations Metroplex and a couple Joe vehicles in one day recently I can firmly say that if I don't see another decal sheet for a loooooong time it will be fine by me ;)
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1522838)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 9th, 2013 @ 5:47pm CDT
Well I've certainly changed my tune from the last time we got news on these guys. :-?

I liked this version's blue windscreen and the proper silver on his crotch, abdomen and arm flaps. But that shade of blue is kind of weak. Not like how it looked in the previous official images. (I know. I should've known better. :BANG_HEAD: ) And like others have said, that Autobot logo suffers because of it. I also can't get behind the all-over shiny paint. It's a little too blingy for a records clerk/enforcer of the law.

Then there's the biggest drawback to this figure, which is ironically that it comes with one of the tiniest Megatrons ever. It's a good design sure, but I couldn't be happy having such a small Decepticon tyrant in my collection, not unless he was to function as some kind of boomerang Targetmaster for one of the larger figures.

Pre-order cancelled. I'm sticking with Hasbro's Orion Pax for the time being.
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1523876)
Posted by El Duque on October 14th, 2013 @ 11:13pm CDT
Having previously brought us our first in-hand images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations Orion Pax last week, HK-TF user Lost now brings us images of the other figure in the TG-25 two-pack, Megatronus. The figure features the line's signature metallic paint and some addition detailing. Check him out below, the series of images also includes comparisons with this Hasbro counterpart.

Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1523877)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 14th, 2013 @ 11:16pm CDT
Uses an IDW body and bio.

Given an Aligned name. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1523879)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on October 14th, 2013 @ 11:26pm CDT
Dat metallic paint...

I guess you could say...it makes the figure shine
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1523881)
Posted by #Sideways# on October 14th, 2013 @ 11:32pm CDT
Why does Japan have to get the best paintjobs... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1523882)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 14th, 2013 @ 11:37pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:Why does Japan have to get the best paintjobs... :BANG_HEAD:
Probably cuz Hasbro's gotta start theirs from scratch, whereas Takara has the existing Hasbro one to work off from as a base, and so can put more paint into theirs since they get to skip a few steps. Plus the mold's also already made for them, so that's another expense removed for them that Hasbro can't skip. :-B
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1523884)
Posted by megatronus on October 14th, 2013 @ 11:45pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:Why does Japan have to get the best paintjobs... :BANG_HEAD:

They don't always. People tend to consider Generations Wheeljack superior to the Takara version, and I've picked up good vibes on the recent Generations voyagers. It's hit or miss on both sides of the ocean.
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1523885)
Posted by megatronus on October 14th, 2013 @ 11:46pm CDT
Does the metallic paint job make Takara Megatron voyager-sized? No? Then, pass.
Re: In-hand Images of TG-25 Orion Pax (1523886)
Posted by Mkall on October 14th, 2013 @ 11:51pm CDT
That's one sexy Megatron.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering