Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 9:48AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 19,022

Credit(s): Tfnd.net
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598962)
Posted by Metroplex79 on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:56am CDT
I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598966)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:04am CDT
Metroplex79 wrote:I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

In before anyone commenting on his colors being off compared to the comic. Body from the comic yet colors from the RiD toy... :-?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598972)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:28am CDT
Streetwise look absolutely boring, sooooo much whiiitteee :BOOM:

Now the only thing we need from this mold is a Pharma. :D
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598975)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:30am CDT
I really like this mold. Not a character that is on my must have list, but my love of the aerial bot molds I will probably have to pick him up if he ever makes it to stores past all the AOE shelf warming junk.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598980)
Posted by Va'al on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:36am CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Jhiaxus looks fantastic IMO. I do wish he was in his traditional colors, but who knows? Maybe Takara will release this guy next year in IDW colors.

I sincerely hope that, because it would make me buy the figure immediately. :D

So far, I like it, but will not get it, no matter what excuse IDW made for it to have those colours. [-(
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598981)
Posted by Va'al on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:38am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Metroplex79 wrote:I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

Depends on what comic you mean! G2/ReGen - off colour. Dark Cybertron - accurate, if only for a couple of panels.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598982)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:44am CDT
It's so close to burnt orange I love it, not as Jhiaxus but just as burnt orange transformer.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598986)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
I'm just going to put my thoughts out. The Armada Starscream mold really needs a repaint. The traditional Thundercracker and Skywarp. It's probably something that Hasbro will never do, but I hope Takara does it. After all, the Armada toyline did have Thundercracker as a repaint of Starscream and Skywarp as a retool and repaint of Starscream. It's something that I will actually spend money on so, why not?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598997)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:22am CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Now the only thing we need from this mold is a Pharma. :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaand cannot unsee. :BANG_HEAD:

I would totally buy this as Pharma. Just give him a new head and accurate deco, and I'll be down for him. :x
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598999)
Posted by william-james88 on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:Now the only thing we need from this mold is a Pharma. :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaand cannot unsee. :BANG_HEAD:

Well to give you an idea:

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599000)
Posted by philswitch engage on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:36am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Thanks to Tfnd.net we have new in-hand images of Generations Deluxe class Jhiaxus. Jhiaxus is a remold of the new Generations Armada Starscream that was released earlier this year. In the IDW comics Jhiaxus used the reactive armor to change into this new body which explains why he now using the Armada Starscream mold. We've mirrored these images below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Wow. I am really underwhelmed by this. The face has a great sculpt but is so lacking on paint.

I am hoping Takara does a repaint or reprolabels comes through with this guy. Until then, I will not be picking him up.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599011)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CDT
It's a good repaint/remold when you can barely tell the base mold. Will pick up for sure.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599015)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:41pm CDT
Hell yeah. Those SMGs are going to AOE crosshairs though
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599018)
Posted by WildclawPrime on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CDT
Good looking figure. Way better looking figure than that BM Jetstorm repaint he got during the final days of the RID toyline. My complaint though is the lack of paint detailing in the robot mode. I don't know, to me, Jhiaxus looks plain, almost like the Hasbro version of Armada Starscream. However, he does look promising, and I would pick him up.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599059)
Posted by Metroplex79 on August 13th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Metroplex79 wrote:I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

They toys for the new RID show? :-B

:HEADHURTS:

I watched a bit of RiD back in 2001, but I don't recall seeing him in it.

:saint:

But seriously, so Hasbro is homaging a character from the comics using the color scheme of a guy with no fiction (not even a bio on the back of the card) and no on-screen appearances.

Does Marvel still hold the rights to the real Jhiaxus design and color scheme?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599086)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 13th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT
Metroplex79 wrote:Does Marvel still hold the rights to the real Jhiaxus design and color scheme?

The only characters Marvel has a firm hold of are Circuit Breaker and Death's Head, yes?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599094)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on August 13th, 2014 @ 5:09pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Well to give you an idea:

Oh my, yes. Yes, yes, yes! :BOWDOWN:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599101)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 13th, 2014 @ 5:33pm CDT
That Jiaxus. Talk about some serious remolding! Worth owning.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599103)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 13th, 2014 @ 5:46pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:It's rather funny that the Transformers Prime Prowl release of this mold makes a way better "G1 Streetwise" than this repaint. It would be interesting to know if these "Protectobots" were meant to be a late Transformers Prime release that unfortunately got delayed until way after that line was officially dead. The complete lack of concern for G1 color choices supports that idea.

Then explain the other set having a Classics-style (Hot Spot) and Movie-style mold (Blades) ;)

Hasbro stopped caring? ;) The likely explanation is that there simply wasn't a TFP mold that could fit the bill for Hotspot. Using the Classics Inferno/Grapple mold is honestly not that bad of a stretch for the Prime aesthetic. Blades is another matter, but what were they honestly going to do instead? Repaint Airachnid? *shudders*
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599129)
Posted by Valandar on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:36pm CDT
That Jhiaxus is one of the more extreme remolds I've seen in a very long while.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599133)
Posted by durroth on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:50pm CDT
It's a shame about the colors because they really went all out with remolding this guy.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599188)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 14th, 2014 @ 7:28am CDT
Meh, I want to like him but he is just too small.. Should have been voyager sized.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599275)
Posted by shajaki on August 14th, 2014 @ 11:44am CDT
i agree with everyone being surprised and happy with the remolding, but i cant stand the oversight on the colors. ill be getting him, but only cause im worried takara wont release him.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599614)
Posted by xyl360 on August 15th, 2014 @ 12:29pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599685)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 15th, 2014 @ 5:57pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:I'm not sure if anyone posted this anywhere yet or if this is even the thread where it belongs, but BBTS just listed Hasbro's Generations Voyager Brainstorm.

We've already got it up! ;)

TF Source also has theirs up, too. I'll more than likely order from them, since I've had a good experience with them.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599897)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 17th, 2014 @ 5:40am CDT

I was hoping at least the shoulder mark would be there. But his demo images show marks on the cockpit and shoulder, final product didnt have them. Still a cool voyager to put with my other aerial bots.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599903)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 17th, 2014 @ 6:55am CDT
The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599906)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 17th, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
MenaceRX wrote:Was anyone else disappointed that Generations Voyager Whirl didnt have a single Autobot symbol on him? I know I was. Stickers are ok, I just prefer the paint or beveled symbols more.

Mine didnt even come with a sticker sheet. I had to pay an extra 15$ on top of the 34$ I already paid for him for the Reprolabels. Nevertheless, it made an amazing result.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599964)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 17th, 2014 @ 12:26pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.

Will Takara forego the stickers altogether for Whirl and Roadbuster, just giving us some tampographed faction symbols and more paint details instead? Or is it going to be a bit of a Metroplex situation, where we still got SOME stickers, but not nearly as many as the Hasbro release, with more paint apps to compensate?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599987)
Posted by shajaki on August 17th, 2014 @ 1:22pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.
Will Takara forego the stickers altogether for Whirl and Roadbuster, just giving us some tampographed faction symbols and more paint details instead? Or is it going to be a bit of a Metroplex situation, where we still got SOME stickers, but nearly as many as the Hasbro release, with more paint apps to compensate?
i believe (i read somewhere) takara forgoes the sticker sheet entirely. but since theyre not released yet, i cant confirm.

did takaras metroplex have more apps and less stickers? i have the HK metro and his sticker sheet was bigger than my bed sheet.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600017)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 17th, 2014 @ 3:40pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.

Yeah, the Takara version had fewer stickers and more paint apps. That should have read "not nearly as many" before, sorry (I've corrected that where I can). The HK ACG-CON version is a Hasbro release with the same sticker sheets and paint apps as Hasbro's other Metropex releases.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600083)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 17th, 2014 @ 9:11pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:The Tomy version will have a tampographed symbol.

And yup...........it was overloaded regardless..........took me nearly two hours to get them all on.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600084)
Posted by durroth on August 17th, 2014 @ 9:12pm CDT
So many stickers x.x and I still lost three of them.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600097)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 17th, 2014 @ 11:02pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Still too early to tell but in JP online stores, there's no mention of the sticker sheet on RB and Whirl. Btw, I thought the HK ACG-CON 'plex had metallic labels like the Tomy version?

The HK ACG-CON version was the SDCC version, but with gold and silver decoy figures instead of red and purple and with the glossy "mass production" stickers for the retail Hasbro release of Metroplex instead of the metallic stickers for the SDCC set.

Takara's version may also have metallic stickers (not sure) but the sticker sheets were altered, omitting several Hasbro ones, adding a few new ones, and filling in any other gaps with additional paint applications (for greater toy accuracy, believe it or not).

Here's a run down on how the Hasbro releases differ, from what I've gathered:

SDCC version: Chromed thighs and face, metallic sticker sheet, two red guns, red and purple decoy figures

HK ACG-CON version: Chromed thighs and face, glossy sticker sheet, two red guns, gold and silver decoy figures

Mass Retail version: White plastic thighs and face, glossy sticker sheet, one red gun, no decoy figures

And just for completion's sake, here's how Takara-Tomy's version compares with the rest.

Takara-Tomy version: Chromed thighs and face, unique sticker sheet (glossy or metallic?), altered paint applications, two red guns, no decoy figures
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600103)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 17th, 2014 @ 11:45pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Here's a run down on how the Hasbro releases differ, from what I've gathered:

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600214)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 18th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:So the labels were from the retail? Got it. Btw, the Tomy version had aluminum color "painted" thighs. Only the HK ACG-CON had it chromed.

They're chromed on the SDCC version too, remember. The ACG-CON version has nothing to do with Takara, just to clear things up. It's a Hasbro release there, and even came in the same box as the SDCC version, just with some alterations to remove call outs to SDCC. The instructions, though, STILL mention SDCC instead of being changed for ACG-CON. Interesting that Takara didn't go the chrome route with Metroplex's thighs and went with shiny paint instead. Did Takara still chrome Metroplex's face, or was that just shiny silver paint as well?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600218)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 18th, 2014 @ 1:14pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Did Takara still chrome Metroplex's face, or was that just shiny silver paint as well?

The TakaraTomy version has the chromed face only, the thighs are painted silver.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600294)
Posted by shajaki on August 18th, 2014 @ 7:38pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
k thanks for that. i was so sure the takara version didnt have chromed thighs, but after sifting through a lot of pics i could tell they were different, but not chrome.

i didnt know that my HK metro was a hasbro product, and im bummed to find out that the takara one (which i was initially going to get) has more paint apps. i bought my HK based on the chrome (because the G1 had chromed thighs) and i bought him right when he was released so he was $$$$. id like to see the HK version next to the takara version... sounds nuts but id be willing to transplant the chrome thighs onto the takara metro if he has the superior paint apps.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600302)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 18th, 2014 @ 8:20pm CDT

To anyone who has the glossy stickers for their Metroplex, are there any troubles getting the stickers to stay stuck to your figure? My SDCC version came with the metallic/foil stickers and they NEVER adhered well from day one. I know this is a very common complaint from other owners of the SDCC version, but was this any better for the mass retail or HK ACG-CON versions with their "glossy" stickers?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600308)
Posted by shajaki on August 18th, 2014 @ 8:35pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Check the pictures on tfwiki.net for some comparison shots of the various Metroplex releases. The SDCC version and the HK ACG-CON version are practically the same, save for the difference in "metallic" versus "glossy" stickers. The Takara version has more paint apps, yes, but it's personal opinion on if they are superior to the Hasbro versions. Takara wasn't simply trying to reduce the number of stickers so much as alter the product to look more like the G1 toy (red toes and white runways, for example). So, Takara didn't so much replace stickers with paint from the Hasbro version, but painted up their version more thoroughly and with different goals in mind, and then made an edit to the sticker sheet to reflect the changes they made. In general, though, I think paint applications win the day over consumer-applied stickers. I might be tempted one day, if I had a few hundred extra dollars begging to be spent, to buy the Takara version and sell my SDCC version.

thanks for the insight ;)

but i honestly cant tell you anything about the stickers for my HK metro... cause i didnt put any on. i have a real problem with putting stickers on modern toys, so all my guy got was an autobot symbol on the chest :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600310)
Posted by william-james88 on August 18th, 2014 @ 8:46pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

I felt the same about stickers until I got into the Arms Micron figures from the Prime line. Man those things needed the stickers bad.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600312)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 18th, 2014 @ 8:50pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
shajaki wrote:

Because those were MADE for stickers, with paint aps left out on purpose.
Thus, ironically, making many Hasbro Prime deluxes superior to the Takara releases.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600317)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 18th, 2014 @ 9:23pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Face chromed. Check my review. Too bad Tomy ditched the chrome in the thighs. Would have looked more like the original G1.

size-matters-tomy-metroplex-review-t101062.php

The trouble I encountered with the metallic labels were from these parts that needed folding:

and

( there's a labeled applied on the gray component that needs folding..........kept on unwinding so I used a bit of super glue)
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600355)
Posted by Va'al on August 19th, 2014 @ 4:19am CDT
We've seen the official images for the coming Generations wave, and various in-hand shots of Jhiaxus, and reviews of Windblade - but what about Nightbeat? Mystery solved, thanks to a tip from fellow Seibertron.com user Autobot Genocide and YouTube reviewer Pax Cybertron! Check out some shots of the Generations Bumblebee remold and redeco below.

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600363)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on August 19th, 2014 @ 6:07am CDT
I wish there was a little more yellow; he's pretty neon-y blue. But the head looks really nice. I'll be getting him when I see him.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600367)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 19th, 2014 @ 7:23am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600368)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 19th, 2014 @ 7:23am CDT
too bland.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600370)
Posted by TimothyR on August 19th, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Glad I held out on Goldbug. I want at least one version of this mold without going the yellow way (for obvious reasons), and I was about to bite on Goldbug. This'll be the version of the mold I get.

i agree.. this definitely looks like the best use of the mold. this as bumblebee just didn't fly for me.. goldbug is a bit better.. but i like this one the best. i do however wish they had gotten their shit straight with the cover/figure. i still wonder what's going on there.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600374)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 19th, 2014 @ 8:00am CDT
I really don't like the mold. The only reason I bought Bumblebee was to use the Renderform Hub head and have a Hubcap for my Classics shelf.

This looks nice but I already have a Nightbeat so I'm not sure if I'll bite again. (I might have if it was the Jazz mold)
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1600375)
Posted by shajaki on August 19th, 2014 @ 8:03am CDT
TimothyR wrote:this definitely looks like the best use of the mold. this as bumblebee just didn't fly for me.. goldbug is a bit better.. but i like this one the best. i do however wish they had gotten their shit straight with the cover/figure. i still wonder what's going on there.
because they originally planned to have him as the RTS jazz mold. pretty sure there were even prototypes, if not i know there were at least official digibashes posted at some point.

i think he looks best in this mold, which pains me cause this mold is so weak. oh well... he'll serve his purpose regardless, sitting displayed on a shelf.

Click here to view an additional 737 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus