In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 9:48AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 20,458

Credit(s): Tfnd.net
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598962)
Posted by Metroplex79 on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:56am CDT
I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598966)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:04am CDT
Metroplex79 wrote:I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

In before anyone commenting on his colors being off compared to the comic. Body from the comic yet colors from the RiD toy... :-?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598972)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:28am CDT
Streetwise look absolutely boring, sooooo much whiiitteee :BOOM:

Now the only thing we need from this mold is a Pharma. :D
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598975)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:30am CDT
I really like this mold. Not a character that is on my must have list, but my love of the aerial bot molds I will probably have to pick him up if he ever makes it to stores past all the AOE shelf warming junk.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598980)
Posted by Va'al on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:36am CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Jhiaxus looks fantastic IMO. I do wish he was in his traditional colors, but who knows? Maybe Takara will release this guy next year in IDW colors.

I sincerely hope that, because it would make me buy the figure immediately. :D

So far, I like it, but will not get it, no matter what excuse IDW made for it to have those colours. [-(
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598981)
Posted by Va'al on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:38am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Metroplex79 wrote:I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

Depends on what comic you mean! G2/ReGen - off colour. Dark Cybertron - accurate, if only for a couple of panels.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598982)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:44am CDT
It's so close to burnt orange I love it, not as Jhiaxus but just as burnt orange transformer.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598986)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 13th, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
I'm just going to put my thoughts out. The Armada Starscream mold really needs a repaint. The traditional Thundercracker and Skywarp. It's probably something that Hasbro will never do, but I hope Takara does it. After all, the Armada toyline did have Thundercracker as a repaint of Starscream and Skywarp as a retool and repaint of Starscream. It's something that I will actually spend money on so, why not?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598997)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:22am CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:
Now the only thing we need from this mold is a Pharma. :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaand cannot unsee. :BANG_HEAD:

I would totally buy this as Pharma. Just give him a new head and accurate deco, and I'll be down for him. :x
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1598999)
Posted by william-james88 on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:
Now the only thing we need from this mold is a Pharma. :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaand cannot unsee. :BANG_HEAD:

Well to give you an idea:

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599000)
Posted by philswitch engage on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:36am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Thanks to Tfnd.net we have new in-hand images of Generations Deluxe class Jhiaxus. Jhiaxus is a remold of the new Generations Armada Starscream that was released earlier this year. In the IDW comics Jhiaxus used the reactive armor to change into this new body which explains why he now using the Armada Starscream mold. We've mirrored these images below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Wow. I am really underwhelmed by this. The face has a great sculpt but is so lacking on paint.

I am hoping Takara does a repaint or reprolabels comes through with this guy. Until then, I will not be picking him up.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599011)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CDT
It's a good repaint/remold when you can barely tell the base mold. Will pick up for sure.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599015)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:41pm CDT
Hell yeah. Those SMGs are going to AOE crosshairs though
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599018)
Posted by WildclawPrime on August 13th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CDT
Good looking figure. Way better looking figure than that BM Jetstorm repaint he got during the final days of the RID toyline. My complaint though is the lack of paint detailing in the robot mode. I don't know, to me, Jhiaxus looks plain, almost like the Hasbro version of Armada Starscream. However, he does look promising, and I would pick him up.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599059)
Posted by Metroplex79 on August 13th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Metroplex79 wrote:I love it!!!

He's so accurate to what I wanted back then...

They toys for the new RID show? :-B

:HEADHURTS:

I watched a bit of RiD back in 2001, but I don't recall seeing him in it.

:saint:

But seriously, so Hasbro is homaging a character from the comics using the color scheme of a guy with no fiction (not even a bio on the back of the card) and no on-screen appearances.

Does Marvel still hold the rights to the real Jhiaxus design and color scheme?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599086)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 13th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT
Metroplex79 wrote:Does Marvel still hold the rights to the real Jhiaxus design and color scheme?

The only characters Marvel has a firm hold of are Circuit Breaker and Death's Head, yes?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599094)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on August 13th, 2014 @ 5:09pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Well to give you an idea:

Oh my, yes. Yes, yes, yes! :BOWDOWN:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599101)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 13th, 2014 @ 5:33pm CDT
That Jiaxus. Talk about some serious remolding! Worth owning.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599103)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 13th, 2014 @ 5:46pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:It's rather funny that the Transformers Prime Prowl release of this mold makes a way better "G1 Streetwise" than this repaint. It would be interesting to know if these "Protectobots" were meant to be a late Transformers Prime release that unfortunately got delayed until way after that line was officially dead. The complete lack of concern for G1 color choices supports that idea.

Then explain the other set having a Classics-style (Hot Spot) and Movie-style mold (Blades) ;)

Hasbro stopped caring? ;) The likely explanation is that there simply wasn't a TFP mold that could fit the bill for Hotspot. Using the Classics Inferno/Grapple mold is honestly not that bad of a stretch for the Prime aesthetic. Blades is another matter, but what were they honestly going to do instead? Repaint Airachnid? *shudders*
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Jhiaxus (1599129)
Posted by Valandar on August 13th, 2014 @ 9:36pm CDT
That Jhiaxus is one of the more extreme remolds I've seen in a very long while.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering