Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave

Monday, April 15th, 2013 9:55PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 48,609

ACToys user oscarfung has posted some in-hand images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Class Shockwave in both robot and alt modes. We have mirrored the images below for your viewing pleasure.

Credit(s): oscarfung of ACToys, Superiorwheeljack
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479538)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on April 15th, 2013 @ 10:02pm CDT
Looks like a neat little figure, definitely looking forward to it.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479542)
Posted by Xephon0930 on April 15th, 2013 @ 10:16pm CDT

I wished Hasbro went more with the First Edition line of thinking in their Prime line.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479547)
Posted by TimothyR on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:00pm CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Why are the Cyberverse figures the best looking in this whole stupid line!?!?!?!!

To me, that's like saying that the vehicon mold sucked.. Or wheeljack, dreadwing, voyager starscream, soundwave, knock out, ratchet, and rumble all sucked.. Which they really didn't.

The first editions were pretty good, but not perfect. FE cliffjumper transformed more accurately, but I think the prime version looked more accurate. FE bumblebee is definitely better than the prime version, but it's not a perfect or great figure. FE arcee is okay, neither the first edition or prime versions were all that great in my opinion. FE starscream is nice, but I really prefer the voyager. I think the voyager is much much better. There is no question that the first edition voyagers are better. And lastly the first edition vehicon... I mean, compared to the prime vehicon the first edition is pure garbage. It's a decent toy, but the prime version is, if not perfect, then it's practically perfect.

I think both sets have great molds, and both sets have garbage molds. I mean.. The voyager shockwave looks better than this, doesn't that count for something?

So far I like all of the beasts with the exception of laserback.. But, it doesn't look like any of them are going to be in the actual show, which is disappointing.

No predaking robot mode, and no other beasts are really subduing my excitement for the end of this show.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479549)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:13pm CDT
just like the voyager, good robot mode bad alt mode. At least this one doesnt have the stupid beast armor.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479563)
Posted by Henry921 on April 16th, 2013 @ 1:10am CDT
The tank mode looks very good! Better than the Voyager, anyway. Well done, Hasbro. :APPLAUSE:

Can't wait to pick this one up.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479564)
Posted by Valandar on April 16th, 2013 @ 1:14am CDT
Sadly, this one's vehicle mode is much better than the Voyager's. Still robot yoga, but not as blatant.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479587)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 16th, 2013 @ 6:36am CDT

And this "sucks"... why?

Seriously, I think the Voyager looks good.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479589)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 16th, 2013 @ 6:50am CDT
can not wait to get this guy
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479607)
Posted by dirk2243 on April 16th, 2013 @ 10:11am CDT
5 inches of pure concentrated Awesomeness!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479619)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 16th, 2013 @ 12:02pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479620)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 16th, 2013 @ 12:07pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:It's a cute little toy, but anyone who says this is better than the Voyager is either smoking crack or just being cynical.

Thank you!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479625)
Posted by WarHorse on April 16th, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT
The alt mode reminds me of an old NES game called Blaster Master.

Anyone remember it?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479634)
Posted by Luscanun on April 16th, 2013 @ 12:56pm CDT
I'd like him much more if he didn't have a spiral bound notebook growing out of his back.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479697)
Posted by zwann on April 16th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CDT
I'm sorry, but that's just beautiful.

I think when people compared this to the voyager, its not
that the voyager sucked, rather it did not impress that well when
this showed up. Technically just by looking at the cyberverse, we can
say that voyager shockwave is simply and upscale of it. Transformation
wise, it looks similar. Implementing a voyager class tranformation to a
small cyberverse is great, but a voyager having a tranformation of
a cyberverse class, that's not so great. A figure more than twice a cyberverse
size could have better more complex tranformation.

Regardless both shockwaves are awesome. But i gotta give credit to this
one for being able to impress me despite its size. Now all we need is for
Hasbro to redeem themselves with a cyberverse comnander breakdown.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Shockwave (1479725)
Posted by CaptainMagic on April 16th, 2013 @ 10:54pm CDT
I think the proportions are a little better on this alt mode than the voyager. This one looks more compact, with the legs drawn in closer to the body and the feet/wheels having a more solid connection to the legs. The voyager's front wheels look like they're just begging for someone to chop them off at the ankles.

The voyager also has very visible screws all over the place and the hand and gun arm shoulder are just kind of jutting out like they have nothing better to do, although the cyberverse could just be photographed at more flattering angles.

On the other hand, the cyberverse's robot mode has got nothing on the voyager, and since the robot mode is what we're all buying this guy for, the whole argument about tank mode seems pointless. I'm still gonna buy the cyberverse just because that's what I collect, but the voyager does make me wish I had the space to get the big toys, too, and it's been a while since I've thought that.