Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 9:03AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,249

TF YUKI has tweeted out in-hand images of several soon to be released Takara Tomy Transformers figures.

First up, side by side comparison of Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing with their Hasbro counterparts.
In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures

Next we have a couple of images of G05 Gekisomaru and G10 Hishomaru from the Transformers Go! Swordbot Shinobi combiner team.
In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures

In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures

Lastly we get a look at Transformers Go! G08 Budora.
In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures
Credit(s): TF Yuki
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1513537)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 23rd, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
Nice! Me likey! ;)^
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1513545)
Posted by megatronus on August 23rd, 2013 @ 10:13am CDT

Takara Springer less so - the light grey doesn't quite do it for me (or is that silver?), and Generations Springer's lower legs definitely scream G1 Movie Springer.
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1513550)
Posted by Con_Airforce on August 23rd, 2013 @ 10:29am CDT
Blitzwing looks nice, I'm planning on getting a second one, might as well be this version. Does anyone know if the Takara version of Blitzwing will come with the rubber nosecone or if their version's made of a more solid plastic? The Cybertron/Galaxy force toys also had rubbery parts on the Hasbro version and solid plastic on the Takara ones (like on Mudflap/Demolishor).
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1513559)
Posted by UltraPrimal on August 23rd, 2013 @ 11:41am CDT
Unless the Takara Blitzwing has all his QC issues fixed, I'd say the Hasbro versions of both him and Springer are superior to the Takara ones, IMO.
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1513563)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 23rd, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT
megatronus wrote:That Takara Blitzwing is looking awesome. I'm definitely buying him down the road, one way or another.

:???: Based on the above pic, I can barely see any difference. Certainly not enough of a difference to justify paying $50 or whatever it will cost to import.
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1513564)
Posted by megatronus on August 23rd, 2013 @ 12:22pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:

-Metallic Purple all over
-Silver instead of grey in most places
-Gold Helmet instead of yellow
-Torso is better broken up with mix of metallic purple & silver instead of matte purple

>:oP
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1513579)
Posted by Flakmaster on August 23rd, 2013 @ 1:35pm CDT
Should Takara Blitzwing have better secured arm tabs, and should it not have disgustingly thick paint application that hinders the turning of arm and leg joints, then I may be willing to pay for it. The Hasbro version is awful, between its loose arm tabs and grey paint so thick that you can't move the arms without twisting the softer plastic that attaches the arms to the body.

As for Springer, I'm perfectly happy with my Hasbro version, and prefer its darker grey plastic.
I do wonder if the Takara version will have been retooled, though, for on the Hasbro version there's a bit of plastic on the green panel that (tries to) tab(s) onto the legs in helicopter mode that needs shaving for it to fit properly.
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1513590)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 23rd, 2013 @ 2:36pm CDT
Though many times Takara wins it for me Hasbro has it right for both IMO despite Blitzerz QC issues. But if we learn that the flaws for Takara Blitzwing are minimal I'm selling my Hasbro Blitzwing.

Hey did anyone have to weed through Blitzwing to find a good one because of the paint flaws and plastic flaws on his head alone? :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1513663)
Posted by bvzxa on August 23rd, 2013 @ 10:18pm CDT
I really like the Takara Blitzwing but I like the Hasbro one despite it's flaws. Takara Springer doesn't do it for me like Hasbro Sprite umm Springer.

I already pre-ordered Budora and I should get Bukadora this week. I guess Im done spending money as Budora is $45 and Bukadora is $30 but the GO! versions are so much nicer with the colors and head remolds.
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1514351)
Posted by Stormrider on August 27th, 2013 @ 9:13pm CDT
I'm happy to stick with the Hasbro versions this time around.
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1514920)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 30th, 2013 @ 7:38pm CDT
Alfes2000 has posted a plethora of in-hand images of G-08 Budora and G-09 Goradora. Budora is pictured individually and also with his mold mates Grimwing and Darksteel. Goradora is pictured with the retail version of Abominus. There are far to many images to show you here, click on the images to see the full set of images.

Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1514930)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 30th, 2013 @ 9:26pm CDT
Wish they'd do something a little more different with the redecos. They change the hue of the blue/purple parts and... not really much else.

On the other hand, the Hun-Gurrr and Sinnertwin redecos are nice and distinct.
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1514955)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 31st, 2013 @ 6:48am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Image

On the other hand, the Hun-Gurrr and Sinnertwin redecos are nice and distinct.

The one on the far left is actually an homage to the G1 Firecon Cindersaur ;)
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1515053)
Posted by noctorro on September 1st, 2013 @ 2:51am CDT
Why do I get

img

img

img

img

img

etc.?
Normally they would show in the discuss section.
Re: In-Hand Images of Upcoming Takara Tomy Generations and Go! Figures (1515054)
Posted by noctorro on September 1st, 2013 @ 2:56am CDT
Why am I such an impatient moron to not wait for the images to show up?

I think I'll get the Epyon version :)
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus