Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock

Thursday, July 11th, 2013 12:22AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,977

1TOY has shared a small gallery of Grimlock from the upcoming Platinum Edition Grimlock vs. Bruticus set. The set, which comes in premium packaging, features Fall of Cybertron Grimlock and all five Combaticons. This version of Grimlock comes with gold chrome vacuum plating. Check out the images mirrored below.

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?

Re: First Look at Platinum Edition Grimlock?
Credit(s): 1 TOY
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502303)
Posted by RAcast on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:44am CDT
Well the torso looks nice...but why is the gold on the rest of it the same as the regular retail release? Way to go halfway and then stop dead in your tracks, Hasbro. :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502304)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:45am CDT
If only they had stuck red on its tummy. Then I may have been sold. [-(
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502314)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:29am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502315)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:31am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Either the photography is weird or the gold chrome looks way too green. I guess I'm glad I got the regular version.

It's more or less the lighting of the environment it's in.
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502317)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:44am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502318)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:45am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:PLEASE tell me that this is going to be a retail item and not a convention exclusive.

It's retail... but we just don't know where it will be retail in, other than Asia.
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502332)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 11th, 2013 @ 3:02am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Canada.
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502338)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 11th, 2013 @ 4:24am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Canada.

Hey, *I* live there! :D
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502341)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 11th, 2013 @ 5:54am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Canada.

Hey, *I* live there! :D

Do we even know if it'll be even released in Canada? I remember Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme being spotted in Canadian retail, but very rarely, if I remember correctly. :???:
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502348)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on July 11th, 2013 @ 7:12am CDT
Hasbro still can't get Grimlock's colors to look like he does in game :( His abdomen is RED! I need to get the Takara version and be done with it.
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502379)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 11th, 2013 @ 9:48am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502386)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 11th, 2013 @ 10:10am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:And how much extra are they going to charge for these minor and questionable changes?

Charge an additional SDCC Bruticus, and you should be all set. I could go for that actually, if only I was in Canada.

"Come buy Platinum Series, only in Canada/Asia. Only in Canada/Asia have they got the Platinum Series" :DANCE:
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502396)
Posted by xyl360 on July 11th, 2013 @ 10:28am CDT
I'm just glad the version of Bruticus he comes with is the same as the SDCC version (which I already have), otherwise I'd have to buy this set. I vowed I would own every deco of that set, and so far I do. I didn't want to have to snag a Grimlock I wouldn't use just to get one more Bruticus (I'm getting Takara's Grimlock of course).
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502398)
Posted by xyl360 on July 11th, 2013 @ 10:29am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I suspect we may see TrU carrying these just as we did the GDO figures, but I could be wrong.
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502471)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CDT
Oh man, I'm excited for this :lol: I've skipped on all other versions of these molds so that I can get this set (besides Ruination)

I live in Canada too, so this one will probably turn up at retail. So far I've seen a ton of Platinum Edition Optimus, and Magnus toys. I'm guessing that the ones over $100 aren't gonna show up though e.g. Omega and Predaking. So far I'm loving the Platinum Edition line :x I hope Hasbro makes more
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502564)
Posted by Arctorro on July 11th, 2013 @ 9:08pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

You forgot Australia :P

So far all have shown up here. UM seems to have sold well only because he was 50% off during recent midyear sales.
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502613)
Posted by kenshen on July 12th, 2013 @ 5:25am CDT
Here's the video review if you guys haven't already seen it

Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1502948)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 13th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Canada.

Hey, *I* live there! :D

Omega hasn't been released and both OP and UM are shelfwarmers.
Re: In-Hand Images: Platinum Edition Grimlock (1503239)
Posted by Arctorro on July 14th, 2013 @ 10:52pm CDT