Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 7:49PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,346

To whet your appetite for the pending release of Takara Tomy's Masterpiece Lambor later this month we have some new in-hand images courtesy of ACToys. Check him out in the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys.net

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428563)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:00pm CDT
His head looks tiny in that 4th to last pic :lol:
Looks awesome though. Wish I was collecting this scale. That alt mode wins me over even if the robot mode is nothing insane.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428566)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:03pm CDT

I always thought Sideswipe was the coolest looking of the Diaclone car designs, so this would be an instabuy for me, if only there wasn't Fort Max and all this awesome cassette-based stuff to save up for. Gonna' hafta' put this one off for a bit.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428571)
Posted by metaphorge on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:11pm CDT
I wanna see him with Henkei Lambor, dagnamit!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428575)
Posted by xyl360 on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:16pm CDT
Yep, Takara did it again. That IS Sideswipe and he will be MINE :D!!!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428577)
Posted by RAcast on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:23pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428578)
Posted by daniel77 on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:25pm CDT
Can anyone tell: is there an interior in car mode?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428581)
Posted by xyl360 on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:28pm CDT
RAcast wrote:I'm not into collecting the larger items, awesome as MP-10 is, I'm giving it a pass. But Sideswipe is doing nothing but impress me!

Yeah, I can't blame you. MP-10 is incredible, and one of my fav figures, but that $300 price tag is quite daunting. Especially if you're on any kind of budget. He's well worth it for those who can afford him though (at least in my opinion).
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428583)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:32pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428586)
Posted by xyl360 on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:40pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Put some lipstick on him and he kinda looks like Tim Curry from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

:lol: oh no, I cannot unsee!!!

Yep, he kinda does.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428590)
Posted by Megatronus27 on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:50pm CDT
Wow... he's been working out. Look at those abs! He looks fantastic and I'm trying to make up my mind. IF I get him then I will commit to collecting all upcoming (assumingly) First Season MPs -Hercules for the Constructicons. If I skip, well my pocket will be a lot fuller.

His hands look a bit goofy tho.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428592)
Posted by RAcast on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:54pm CDT
Megatronus27 wrote:His hands look a bit goofy tho.

How're his hands goofy? They just look like Alternator's hands to me.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428593)
Posted by Megatronus27 on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:57pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Lambor demonstrates the "leg up" position on Convoy (TM Ray Kellogg) That takes bearings of chrome steel.

Haha -He's doing the Captain(Morgan)!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428595)
Posted by Megatronus27 on October 9th, 2012 @ 9:02pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Megatronus27 wrote:His hands look a bit goofy tho.

How're his hands goofy? They just look like Alternator's hands to me.

They are fine when in a fist but open they look "orangitangy". And yes I just made up a word. There seems to be too much space when open between the thumb and fingers and I'm not a huge fan of the bent fingertips. I realize I'm probably being WAY too picky as he is a deluxe+ figure. But he's also an MP. Could also be the zoomed pics too.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428599)
Posted by FellintoOblivion on October 9th, 2012 @ 9:07pm CDT

I wish they could have made the hood piece smaller in robot mode, it looks way too wide.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428601)
Posted by RAcast on October 9th, 2012 @ 9:13pm CDT
FellintoOblivion wrote:Not that impressed by robot mode, he looks really blocky and under-detailed for a MP.

But he's supposed to be blocky, that's the whole point of the Countach. I guess he could use a few touches of paint here and there to bring out a few small molded details...but not much. As for the hood, eh, it looks good to me. Maybe it'll get in the way a touch, but I feel like that's what Sideswipe is supposed to look like. He's a somewhat bulky soldier type.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428605)
Posted by Erailea on October 9th, 2012 @ 9:35pm CDT
Hopefully this guy will still be available after Fort Max comes out. Won't be able to buy him until then.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428606)
Posted by FellintoOblivion on October 9th, 2012 @ 9:37pm CDT

Don't get me wrong, I realize it's a pretty simply transformation to go from car to robot but Rodimus, in my opinion, was a perfect example of how a car-former should get the MP treatment.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428614)
Posted by Megatronus27 on October 9th, 2012 @ 10:01pm CDT
FellintoOblivion wrote:Well I only have the pictures to go by but the level of engineering that went into this toy just seems really sub par for a MP. It seems more like a deluxe.

Interesting. I actually consider Rodimus a failure. Although Rodimus is accurate (which of course is the real focus), I'm uncomfortable transforming him. I got mine discounted at TRU because it was open and missing instructions, so I assume that has a HUGE impact, but watching youtube makes me fearful of breaking tabs, sensative flaps, and a host of potential breaking points! On top of it his shoulders are weird when his arms are straight forward and his chest disconnects regularly. At this point, I'm seriously considering buying a second (Takara Version) so that I don't HAVE to ever transform him to show both modes -which of course completely goes against the basic principle -TRANSFORMING.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428621)
Posted by Bubbah on October 9th, 2012 @ 10:22pm CDT

Don't forget, Sideswipe is between a deluxe and voyager sized figure, he's not nearly as large as Rodimus.

I wonder what the odds are that he'll be available after the first of the year. I've already got so much on order, I've got to push him off for a bit unfortunately. Hopefully I can pick him up later, or we'll hear about a US release.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor (1428624)
Posted by FellintoOblivion on October 9th, 2012 @ 10:37pm CDT
Ah I didn't realize he was so small.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers COMBINER WARS G-1 SILVERBOLT New unopened VOYAGER CLASS SUPERION - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 6 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers G1 Triggerhappy Targetmaster Blowpipe - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 7 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Bruticus action figure Fall of Cybertron G2 Combaticons lot - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 37 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Encore 05/06 & Black Ironhide & Green Ratchet MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 57 minutes 23 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Botcon 2014 Souvenir Pirate Hunter Shokaract PRIVATES VS KNIGHTS - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 15 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Prime Cyberverse : Star Hammer with WheelJack by Hasbro 2011 - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 30 seconds
New Hasbro TRU transformers Masterpiece MP-03 Grimlock Dinobot Leader Autobot - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 6 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Sandblaster & Soundwave - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 39 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016