Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 3:21PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,208

Japanese toy blogger Alfes 2010 has posted some nice in-hand images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Combaticons:

• TG-03 Blast Off
  • TG-04 Vortex
  • TG-05 Brawl
  • TG-06 Swindle
  • TG-07 Onslaught

These figures offer yet another take on Fall of Cybertron Combaticons, this time with Takara Tomy's signature shiny metallic finish. Check out the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Alfes 2010
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458265)
Posted by Sinnertwin on January 26th, 2013 @ 3:27pm CST
Liking vortex, I'm getting a gladiator look and feel, But I'll pass
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458275)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 26th, 2013 @ 4:15pm CST
These look pretty damn good next to the Hasbro versions. I wish I could pick them up but Takara prices are way too expensive. Guess I'll just wait for the Hasbro one to go on clearance.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458280)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 26th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CST
Thems look delicious =P~
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458286)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on January 26th, 2013 @ 4:43pm CST
These totally knock the SDCC ones off thier over-priced perch. I will be very interested to see what happens to the after market value of that set....

I might have to price a set of these up to go with my G2 version :-?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458287)
Posted by Va'al on January 26th, 2013 @ 4:44pm CST
Having seen all the offerings, I have to say I'm really not interested in them. :(

More for everyone else!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458288)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 26th, 2013 @ 4:45pm CST
takara you win. i need these. they are better than the SDCC version, they are better than the american version.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458299)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 26th, 2013 @ 5:27pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458311)
Posted by Rated X on January 26th, 2013 @ 5:44pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:Appreciate the eye bleeding numbness :lol: If only MP Soundwave wasn't in the pipeline. Oh, how come Blast off and Vortex aren't in the their original toy colors? If that was implemented now that would cause not do this......... :BANG_HEAD:

I can live with Blast Off's colors. Copper is close enough to G1 Brown. But Vortex's puke and period blood deco has gotta go. Somebody find that Activision guy who chose those colors and punch him in the face ! :HEADHURTS:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458316)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 26th, 2013 @ 6:23pm CST
So good until the last 2 pictures :SICK: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458328)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 26th, 2013 @ 7:18pm CST
This is awesome looking without a doubt.
But I will never, NEVER pay more than 100$ for the set. Especially not 200.

My G2 Bruticus is good enough.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458338)
Posted by xyl360 on January 26th, 2013 @ 8:28pm CST
They look even better than I'd hoped. I can't wait for them to show up in my POL :)!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458377)
Posted by Henry921 on January 26th, 2013 @ 11:49pm CST

Anyone else notice they put the wrong Vortex arm on the retail Bruticus? :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458383)
Posted by xyl360 on January 27th, 2013 @ 12:16am CST
Henry921 wrote:I concur, the set is awesome but not $200 awesome. Somje of that is probably import fees to consider, but when I paid $60 for the BBTS exclusive and $108 for the Comic Con exclusive, I figure I'm set. Maybe one of the stores will discount it someday... might be willing to indulge for $135-150 for those (mostly) pretty colors.

Anyone else notice they put the wrong Vortex arm on the retail Bruticus? :lol:

Yep, I hear ya, the set is pricey ($175 ain't cheap), but I do wish that Hasbro would take a tip from Takara and instead of reducing paint apps and increasing price, increase price and give more paint. At least then the domestic figures might seem more worth it, especially since they keep shrinking in size and the plastics keep getting thinner and cheaper.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458385)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 27th, 2013 @ 12:19am CST
Looking good. I think I'd keep these guys in their separate bot modes. I have the G2 version already and the combined mode takes effort to make it look decent. The other modes for each figure are all pretty solid though. Looking forward to these eventually.
:BOT:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458801)
Posted by Blurrz on January 28th, 2013 @ 2:34pm CST
Wow the Hasbro offerings are just embarrassing.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Combaticons (1458934)
Posted by kenshen on January 28th, 2013 @ 11:41pm CST
Looks awesome but not worth the price imo...
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction