Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set

Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 9:31AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,970

TF YUKI has tweeted out teaser images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Generations figures:

• TG-21 Springer
  • TG-22 Blitzwing
  • TG-23 Metroplex
  • TG-24 Optimus Prime with Roller/Bumblebee with Blazemaster two-pack

All feature the line's signature metallic paint with various alternate decos. Metroplex comes with two of the his large red guns and features a chromed face. Check out the images mirrored below. The gold chrome piece seen with Scamper is the campaign exclusive GoKenzan helmet, and is not included with any of the figures.

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-
Credit(s): TFYuki
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509721)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 6th, 2013 @ 9:42am CDT
are those paint apps on Takara Metroplex? can not tell.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509728)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 6th, 2013 @ 10:01am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:are those paint apps on Takara Metroplex? can not tell.

Stickers I believe. Pre-applied I can't tell.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509729)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 6th, 2013 @ 10:03am CDT
Takara Metroplex makes Hasbro's look slightly uncrasimatic.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509754)
Posted by Crosscheck on August 6th, 2013 @ 10:43am CDT
Blitzwing looks pretty good, but not enough to fork out more money than the Hasbro version.

Springer looks boring compared to the Hasbro version. He is essentially two colors. The light gray looks awful too.

Metroplex has his ups and downs. I like that there is more white, as well as a lot of color separation. However, the white is too white. Metroplex is gray and off white. I definitely like a lot of the decals on this one better. Definitely like the white thighs compared to the SDCC chrome ones. Overall, this one is about neutral with the Hasbro version. I actually like the base Hasbro version better than the SDCC. I am waiting for a 3rd party to produce Six-Gun and Slammer. The loss of the extra rifle isn't that big of a deal, since they scrape up the paint when you put them on his carrier mode.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509796)
Posted by NamelessOne on August 6th, 2013 @ 1:52pm CDT
Awww whaddahell!?!?!

Takara Metroplex has WHITE ramps / runways!? Also, where are the cool yellow writing stickers on the chest, etc - can anyone tell me by looking at it if the Takara version already has stickers applied?

I'm completely torn now - I just had the idea that the general colouring would remain the same, but the paint apps would be improved (so far, for Generations this year, I've held off buying the retail versions, as I normally end up selling them once I see and end up getting the Takara versions..).

Do I go for this, or chase down a HK Convention / SDCC version, or a regular release? All suggestions welcome!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509811)
Posted by Metrosuplex on August 6th, 2013 @ 2:43pm CDT
Crosscheck wrote:I hate metallic paint on figures, so the Legends guys don't really look better than the Hasbro versions.

I love the metallic paint looks. I just think it'd be more cost-effective to just paint these myself, considering the figures usually have imperfections or need for more paint, ANYWAY. Have you seen the BH Arcee? Hideous paint job on the face! :SICK: And Croc-Out wasn't much better.

#-o
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509824)
Posted by megatronus on August 6th, 2013 @ 3:35pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Image[/center]

This is honestly one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. He's so freaking cute!

Now that I see that there's a nice amount of metallic paint on Takara MetroPlex, he's back in the game for me. Let's see if I can conjure up the funds...

...hopefully I'll still be able to get the retail version.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509836)
Posted by dragons on August 6th, 2013 @ 4:04pm CDT
NaM3L3sS wrote:Awww whaddahell!?!?!

My statement I bought hasbro version cheaper chromed face pushed me away to shiny for my taste not to botherd by extra gun paint little detials on metroplex himself timeconsuming yes but little cheap than sdcc and takara to import most people are really important about face of detail what iread over months by few little paint bottles at hobby store sells paint for modle cars paint details on shelf still cheaper it depends how much detialed you want to paint on him could cheap or expensive
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509879)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 6th, 2013 @ 6:53pm CDT
Dammit. I was hoping Takara's Scamper would have a black head. Really, rather very surprised it doesn't given Takara's usual leanings towards G1 accuracy.

Really not seeing much difference between Hasbro's and Takara's Blitzwing and Springer.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509886)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 6th, 2013 @ 7:20pm CDT
Metroplex is sooooooo polite :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509888)
Posted by Stormrider on August 6th, 2013 @ 7:25pm CDT

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1509898)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 6th, 2013 @ 8:25pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Takara Blitzwing and Springer look different than in other pictures we have seen. I was expecting more olive green for Springer and more sand color for Blitzwing.

Yeah, I did a double take on Springer. That's nowhere near the intial images we saw that definitely made him look more olive, overall darker in tone and painted yellow chest. This is as washed out and as plasticky as Hasbro's (which I own and love, but TT's stood to look better :-( )
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1510863)
Posted by BluavalancheZ71 on August 10th, 2013 @ 1:41am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Springer, Blitzwing, Metroplex, & Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Set (1510889)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 10th, 2013 @ 8:41am CDT
BluavalancheZ71 wrote:Just out of curiosity, what is the gold weapon/backpack on Scamper? And where can I obtain one?

That's the prize in one of the Japanese Transformers: GO! campaigns, a gold-chromed GoKenzan helmet. So yeah, good luck trying to get one.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok