Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing

Sunday, September 1st, 2013 12:13PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,386

Having trouble deciding if you want to import Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing? Japanese toy blogger Alfes 2010 has posted some nice in-hand images of the pair complete with comparisons to their Hasbro counterparts. We've mirrored a selection of his images below, but many more images can be found by clicking here.

Credit(s): Alfes 2010
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515111)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 1st, 2013 @ 12:16pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515119)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 1st, 2013 @ 12:38pm CDT
Yes, Takara's Blitzwing is so awesome that their Springer wants to emulate him, claiming his alts are a jet and tank too!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515120)
Posted by Black Hat on September 1st, 2013 @ 12:39pm CDT
Surprise surprise, the Japanese versions look a million times better.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515144)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 1st, 2013 @ 1:59pm CDT
Hasbro's Springer looks better but there is barely even a difference in them. Blitzy, I like Takara's especially with that metallic helmet.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515168)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 1st, 2013 @ 3:20pm CDT
I'm happy with my Hasbro versions.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And the three faces of Blitzwing get call-outs on the packaging: "Hothead", "Icy" and "Random". Nice one, TT :)
Methinks Hydra might have helped with that. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515173)
Posted by Overcracker on September 1st, 2013 @ 3:46pm CDT
2 questions

1. Did Takara fix Blitzwing's Shoulder issue?

2. did they make his nosecone hard plastic?

Other than that, damn that shiny paint on the helmet makes all the difference. Sprung on the other hand is just not different enough. Lighter gray on the gray plastic is about t.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515209)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 1st, 2013 @ 5:33pm CDT
These photos leave me very impressed. Not with Takara's figures, but with Hasbro's. I don't think I can honestly say one version is better than the other. I'd say it purely comes down to preference.

Good work, Hasbro.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515272)
Posted by rockman_fan on September 2nd, 2013 @ 2:34am CDT
way to go takara. you made the greens inconsistant and made the yellow match even less than the hasbro version. good job. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515412)
Posted by megatronus on September 2nd, 2013 @ 8:37pm CDT
Love that Blitzwing - especially the torso detail.

I'm still a fan of the yellow helmet though... it makes him seem more G1 to me.

Thank goodness we have that SXS upgrade coming out!

:grin:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515416)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:08pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Love that Blitzwing - especially the torso detail.

I'm still a fan of the yellow helmet though... it makes him seem more G1 to me.
I don't understand. :???:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515418)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:09pm CDT
Sweet!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515421)
Posted by megatronus on September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:Love that Blitzwing - especially the torso detail.

I'm still a fan of the yellow helmet though... it makes him seem more G1 to me.
I don't understand. :???:

When I think of G1 Blitzwing, I think "Yellow Helmet" - right or wrong, that's my mental image. Takara Blitzwing has a gold helmet.

For whatever reason, the fact that Takara Blitzwing's purples are metallic don't bother me. The helmet, though...
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515424)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:24pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:Love that Blitzwing - especially the torso detail.

I'm still a fan of the yellow helmet though... it makes him seem more G1 to me.
I don't understand. :???:

Ah, okay. The way you worded it made it sound like there was a "not" missing between "I'm still" and "a fan of", sounding like you didn't like the helmet being yellow because it looked too G1. I get ya, now.

Though, it is undoubtly true that G1 Blitzwing had a yellow helmet, yes. But, suppose that, on his day off, he decided to give his armor a nice wash and polish, making his parts look all nice, shiny, and clean like new. The yellow of his helmet might very well resemble shiny gold then, right? ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515428)
Posted by megatronus on September 2nd, 2013 @ 9:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:Love that Blitzwing - especially the torso detail.

I'm still a fan of the yellow helmet though... it makes him seem more G1 to me.
I don't understand. :???:

Indeed, good sir! There's nothing wrong with the gold helmet - it's just a metallic interpretation of the colors. Some art and/or depictions of Blitzwing have him with more of a tannish helmet anyway, which help makes the interpretation palatable. But alas, I prefer my Blitzing with a yellow helmet.

Which is why I'm happy SXS has a new head, with a yellow helmet, on the way! I can have my cake and eat it, too. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515761)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 4th, 2013 @ 8:02am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515829)
Posted by Mkall on September 4th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:According to user Powered Convoy, Takara Blitzwing's jet mode fits together quite well, the tank mode is slightly better than the Hasbro version, but Takara did not fix the robot mode's shoulder problems.

I don't know about others, but I didn't really expect them to do so. To my knowledge, Takara has never fixed a flaw discovered in Hasbro's releases before. Why start now?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-21 Springer and TG-22 Blitzwing (1515841)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 4th, 2013 @ 3:01pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

The most recent tweak between Hasbro and TakaraTomy belongs to RtS Laser Optimus Prime. On the TakaraTomy and later versions, the tabs for the front of the cab were adjusted so they'd no longer hinder shoulder articulation.
Mold tweaks like that have been done before, but not with concurrent releases I believe (i.e. both Hasbro and TakaraTomy releases aren't that far apart).

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Parts 1985 ROADBUSTER range finder+ gun weapon bandai - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 38 minutes 22 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME 2013 BEAST HUNTERS Smokescreen DELUXE CLASS ROBOT  MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 9 minutes 44 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers 2010 Prime RID TFP Ironhide  Deluxe MISB AM20 - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 44 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Generations Lot "Sky Shodow,Junk Heap,Warpath" (MOC) - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 32 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Movies 4 Age of Extinction AOE Voyager Autobot Hound NEW - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 17 minutes 57 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2012 GAME Fall of Cybertron FOC Jazz DELUXE CLASS ROBOT  MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 23 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts REISSUE 2002 SKYWARP long missile set - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 28 minutes 38 seconds
DHL Hasbro Transformers Generations G2 Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 14 minutes 2 seconds
Website Security Test