In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex

Friday, September 27th, 2013 9:02AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,928

Alfes 2010 has tweeted some images of the recently released Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Titan Class Metroplex with Scamper. The images include a couple of comparison shots with the previously released Hasbro and SDCC exclusive versions. The Takara release features additional painted details, a chrome face, and painted silver thighs, and two large red guns. Check out the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Alfes 2010

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1520364)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on September 27th, 2013 @ 9:22am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1520378)
Posted by megatronus on September 27th, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
Hmmm... one Takara Metroplex, or 3 Hasbro Metroplexes from CostCo.

:-?

I think the choice is clear, here.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1520385)
Posted by rpetras on September 27th, 2013 @ 10:12am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I saw this at my local hobby store, but after taking a careful look at my man-cave, there was just no space left for such a massive figure.

Let it sit in your chair when you are not there. :D
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1520391)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 27th, 2013 @ 10:23am CDT
Sold!!! ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1520399)
Posted by YRQRM0 on September 27th, 2013 @ 11:14am CDT
One does not simply be happy with their hasbro version when this one exists.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1520517)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 27th, 2013 @ 11:46pm CDT

megatronus wrote:Hmmm... one Takara Metroplex, or 3 Hasbro Metroplexes from CostCo.

:-?

I think the choice is clear, here.

Kind of how I feel about it. Wouldn't it be better to get 3 Vanilla's and paint one or two? I guess it would be a massive artistic undertaking, but I have to believe you'd end up with some results worthy of pride and display. :x
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1520520)
Posted by megatronus on September 28th, 2013 @ 12:23am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:My eyes have trouble seeing the differences. I guess if I could see all 3 in front of me, I might care a little more... >:oP

:-?

I think the choice is clear, here.

I'm not much of a painter, but the stickers will do most of the job.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1520589)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 28th, 2013 @ 1:40pm CDT

then make room... there should always be room for one more when it comes to Transformers
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1520674)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 29th, 2013 @ 2:54am CDT
He comes with a label sheet too?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1523232)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on October 11th, 2013 @ 9:44am CDT
I'm pretty sure that this is the version I want. The chrome face was a major aesthetic point of the original G1 version to me. Without it, it's like ZZ Topp without the beards!
One important question that I can't seem to find an answer to tho- Are the electronics, particularly the sounds different?
Does he spew Japanese instead of English or is it the same sounds as the Hasbro one? :-?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1523470)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on October 12th, 2013 @ 12:31pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1524099)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on October 15th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:Just checked mine and the speech is all english, with effects sounding like they were lifted from FOC. This figure is fantastic by the way, the additional paint apps make this the best version imo. I'd much rather one of these than 3 of the bog standard US release. Mine arrived yesterday thanks to kapow toys.

Sweet. That's made up my mind then. Thanks! :D
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1524143)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on October 16th, 2013 @ 2:18am CDT
Here are some pictures, I luuurve this figure.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1524463)
Posted by xyl360 on October 17th, 2013 @ 3:21pm CDT
I opened mine up yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! I haven't even put on any of the decals yet and I don't think he needs them, at least not in bot mode (haven't transformed him yet and I'm not sure that I will). He is massive and the paint details all over him are great. That little Scamper figure is badass too. I think this guy was definitely worth the price (though I still want Planet X to do an FoC version :P).
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1527066)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 30th, 2013 @ 11:59pm CDT
megatronus wrote:I'm not much of a painter, but the stickers will do most of the job.

In retrospect, this guy is pretty MASSIVE. Even if you DID decide to paint it... I'm left wondering if you'd spend the difference in paint supplies! :lol:

I'd seriously love to paint him... but the project seems too overwhelming and complex... not to mention the general difficulty one would presumably face when trying to take apart a figure of this size (i.e. how do you remove ratchet joints?!?).

I'm sure someone will have one done sooner or later. It'd be especially interesting if Metro got converted into a Fort Max or got part-robbed to enhance some combiner. :-?

I sincerely hope Hasbro decides to release more GIANTS like Metro. It'd be a pretty sweet 2014 XMAS... :PRAY:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1527095)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 31st, 2013 @ 3:48am CDT
The good and bad on his metallic decals. The good first. If you make a mistake, you can still peel it off to readjust but on certain areas like his left shoulder joint and the hinge just above his robo butt, the bad, it won't stay in place when folded. #-o

And besides the loose/useless visor gimmick........... :BOWDOWN:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1527121)
Posted by Mkall on October 31st, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:And besides the loose/useless visor gimmick........... :BOWDOWN:

After I finish moving into my new place, I plan on dismantling the head and removing that visor.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1527796)
Posted by Son of Carl on November 3rd, 2013 @ 7:21pm CST
Mkall wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:And besides the loose/useless visor gimmick........... :BOWDOWN:

My visor just kind of fell off. Which is okay, because I prefer him without it.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1527801)
Posted by xyl360 on November 3rd, 2013 @ 7:52pm CST
Son of Carl wrote:
Mkall wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:And besides the loose/useless visor gimmick........... :BOWDOWN:

My visor just kind of fell off. Which is okay, because I prefer him without it.

I actually like the visor and I have him displayed with it deployed.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex (1527820)
Posted by Arctorro on November 3rd, 2013 @ 9:15pm CST
xyl360 wrote:
Son of Carl wrote:
Mkall wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:And besides the loose/useless visor gimmick........... :BOWDOWN:

My visor just kind of fell off. Which is okay, because I prefer him without it.

I actually like the visor and I have him displayed with it deployed.
I can ONLY display mine with the visor deployed, but that's okay, because I prefer it as well.

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 Deluxe Insecticon VENOM Complete Hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 33 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers G1 1988 OVERLORD JET figure powermaster masterforce - Time Remaining: 25 days 2 hours 51 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Jazz DLX Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 6 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters MEGATRON - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 23 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Generations Megatron Calvin Johnson Edition DLX Class Incomplete - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 40 minutes 37 seconds
Hasbro 1986 Transformers G1 Autobot Crosshairs Targetmaster - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 42 minutes 51 seconds
STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Combine Wars - Time Remaining: 10 days 6 hours 13 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club Exclusive Animated Cheetor 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 43 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016