Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream

Transformers News: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream

Sunday, March 23rd, 2014 4:13PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,345

Courtesy of Japanese toy bloggerAlfes 2010 we have a nice in-hand gallery of Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream. The images include side by side comparison with the figure's Hasbro counterpart, plus some images with the original Micron Legend Starscream. We've mirrored a selection of his images below, full galleries can be found be clicking here.

Credit(s): Alfes 2010
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559527)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2014 @ 4:22pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559531)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 23rd, 2014 @ 4:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The Hasbro one shall forever remain IDW Screamer for me. Only the Takara one has a deco worthy of truly representing the Armada character.

No translation of the bio yet? I can read some, but I don't see any mention of "Micron" anything. Just a lot of Megatron :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559534)
Posted by megatronus on March 23rd, 2014 @ 4:50pm CDT
I kind of like the more muted colors on the Hasbro version better.

If Takara Screamer goes on sale, I'll probably pick it up, but I'm not really desperate for an Armada homage.
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559569)
Posted by shajaki on March 23rd, 2014 @ 7:36pm CDT
anyone on the fence about which aramada starscream to buy? i hope not...
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559571)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2014 @ 7:42pm CDT
shajaki wrote:anyone on the fence about which aramada starscream to buy? i hope not...
As I stated, I'll use the Hasbro one (which I already have) for IDW Screamer and Takara's for Armada Screamer. 8)
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559589)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 23rd, 2014 @ 8:59pm CDT
You better not shout.
You better not cry.
You better not pout. I'm tellin' you why.

Santascream is coming...to town.

Seriously. That is garish as all hell.
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559618)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 24th, 2014 @ 12:18am CDT
well now his minicon on his arm looks pretty cool. car sword ftw :DANCE:
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559649)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 24th, 2014 @ 7:21am CDT
Takara's version is really impressive indeed. Normally I'd be so all over this and I'm all for real representation but considering I got no love for Armada I will stick with Hasbro's version. That being said I gotta figure out a name for this guy cuz SS he ain't in my book...'nuff said!! :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559655)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 24th, 2014 @ 8:18am CDT
It's cool that there is choice. If you want IDW Starscream, get the Hasbro one. If you want a more Armada Starscream, get the Takara one.
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559661)
Posted by rpetras on March 24th, 2014 @ 8:57am CDT
I MUCH prefer the Takara version ... but as I have no interest in Armada, I'm skipping both versions and holding off for the Jihaxus remold.

Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559665)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2014 @ 9:05am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Seriously. That is garish as all hell.
And Hasbro's pink version is any less garish?
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559679)
Posted by craggy on March 24th, 2014 @ 9:41am CDT
the Takara one looks better, but I don't really mind the Hasbro one seeing the two next to each other. Still probably only get the mold if I see it in person or if it's online for cheap.
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559963)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 24th, 2014 @ 11:47pm CDT
I thought the Hasbro version was fugly before but seeing it next to the Takara version... damn, that just makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a cheap, plastic spork.

It just drives me insane because I love the mold but I hate Hasbros paint job so much that even at gun-point I'd have to think long and hard on snagging it and even at that I may still choose the bullet first.

The Takara version though is something I'd snag in a heartbeat if it were easily available to me and inexpensive. Actually, I'd get two just so I could swap out the white for G1-grey and maybe do a few VERY minor paint alterations elsewhere. The red is absolutely perfect both in hue and location. The only issue I have is the cockpit. They went with the clear orange elsewhere so why not do the cockpit too? I guess that would be one argument for buying a Hasbro 'Screamer. Swap the cockpits out and maybe use the Hasbro version for the G1 re-paint that I'd like to do but then I'd have to do the ENTIRE figure and still not have a clear cockpit on it. Screw it, I'll just buy it for the cockpit and chuck the rest of it, that's how much I despise Hasbro's version.
That's right, I would throw that kind of money away to achieve Starscream perfection instead of living with one companies complete and utter mess.
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1559966)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2014 @ 11:55pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:The only issue I have is the cockpit. They went with the clear orange elsewhere so why not do the cockpit too?
For show-accuracy?

It's painted black, though, rather than cast in black plastic. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-33 Armada Starscream (1560218)
Posted by Mkall on March 25th, 2014 @ 8:43pm CDT
I was happy with Hasbro's Armada Starscream until I saw this guy. I think this is the first figure of the recent waves that I'm choosing Takara instead of Hasbro.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction