Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru

Friday, July 26th, 2013 12:04PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,336

Japanese toy blogger Alfes 2010 has posted a great gallery of Takara Tomy's Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru from the Swordbot Shinobi Team. This figure carries the teams light and sound gimmicks. We've mirrored a selection of his images below, the full gallery can be found by clicking here.

Credit(s): Alfes 2010
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru (1506767)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 26th, 2013 @ 2:19pm CDT

Seriously, they couldn't do anything about the giant lion head in bot mode?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru (1506771)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 26th, 2013 @ 2:38pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Wow, those are some pretty strong hinges on the feet if they can hold up that much front kibble.

Seriously, they couldn't do anything about the giant lion head in bot mode?

It's more for the one of the combined modes, GoGekisou.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru (1506799)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 26th, 2013 @ 5:01pm CDT
I didn't imagine this figure could look any worse than it already did.

Bravo Takara! It's truly awful.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru (1506809)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 26th, 2013 @ 6:22pm CDT
He's quite eager looking...

That lion head could stand to break apart some more, it's pretty much a gigantic brick. Though I guess that's for batteries?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru (1506864)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2013 @ 10:58pm CDT
As awkwardly proportioned he is, I'd be lying if I didn't think he looked fun.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru (1506877)
Posted by RAcast on July 27th, 2013 @ 12:07am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:As awkwardly proportioned he is, I'd be lying if I didn't think he looked fun.

The beast bots look like quite a bit of fun. Shame about the pricetag, I just can't afford to buy that. Well...I could, but then I couldn't let myself buy anything else for awhile. :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru (1506971)
Posted by munkimus prime on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:34am CDT
As long as I don't look at him from the side or I just keep him in Lion mode. I think I can live with him. He looks pretty fun and I need him to go along with the ninja shark.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru (1506976)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:45am CDT
Meh, he's not terrible but then he doesn't really justify the price tag either.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction