Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen

Sunday, July 28th, 2013 11:40PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,361

Japanese toy blogger Alfes 2010 has posted a gallery of Takara Tomy's recently released Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen. The figure features a more show accurate deco, but does not come with his Hasbro counterpart's Beast Hunters armor. We've mirrored some of the images below, the full gallery can be found by clicking here.

Credit(s): Alfes 2010
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507406)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 28th, 2013 @ 11:57pm CDT
Yeah, show-accuracy... but he has since changed his colors.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507411)
Posted by xyl360 on July 29th, 2013 @ 12:16am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Yeah, show-accuracy... but he has since changed his colors.

Yeah, didn't he adopt a G2 Sideswipe deco like the Legends class/Cyberverse figure or whatever? If so, I'd much prefer this one (which is already on preorder from BBTS).
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507414)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 29th, 2013 @ 12:32am CDT
I still am excited for him and for Ratchet. But is it me or are there some flaws in his paint specifically the stripe on his hood? I really hope this was just an unlucky pick and not to be expected with every single one. :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507461)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 29th, 2013 @ 8:03am CDT
xyl360 wrote:

Chances are Beast Hunters won't be aired in Japan, so the Japanese will never get to see him (or Bumblebee) in the new colors. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507463)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 29th, 2013 @ 8:15am CDT
Where was I? Oh, right...

xyl360 wrote:

What? G2 Sideswipe was black and red. A more accurate comparison is that he adopted his Alternators deco.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507467)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 29th, 2013 @ 8:30am CDT
I've just ordered him. I wasn't going to, as I've already got the Hasbro version. However after seeing the two together the Takara one puts Hasbro's well and truly in the shade.

I'll give the Hasbro one to my boy, he'll be over the moon.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507492)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2013 @ 9:46am CDT
All needs is a dose of shininess and he'd be near-perfect. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507568)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 29th, 2013 @ 1:40pm CDT
Painted rims for the mother-trucking win! :grin: Having seen Takara's version, I'm not sure I could be happy with Hasbro's.

Smokescreen and Bakudora are processing at BBTS as I type. :DANCE:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507587)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 29th, 2013 @ 2:40pm CDT
Ahoy, Captain Whiteboard!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507594)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 29th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:All needs is a dose of shininess and he'd be near-perfect. ;)

Agreed. But these pics were enough to convince me to cancel my Hasbro version and go with the Takara one. He could use a bit more detail on the chest too, but otherwise he's vastly better.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507654)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 29th, 2013 @ 6:22pm CDT
The unpainted chest headlights really bug me but the autobot symbol and the pained rims are nice additions.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G06 Hunter Smokescreen (1507672)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2013 @ 8:27pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:The unpainted chest headlights really bug me
Not much they could have done about those given how the CG model looks and, unlike the car mode headlights, they aren't separate pieces from the chestplate.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys