Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Smokescreen

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!  Hunter Smokescreen

Thursday, July 11th, 2013 10:04AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 11,481

Takara Tomy's TF YUKI is back to his teasing ways with a trio of new Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Smokescreen images. Check out the mirrored images below, this version features a slightly more cartoon accurate deco than his Hasbro counterpart.

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Bakudora and Hunter Smokescreen

Credit(s): TFYUKI
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Smokescreen (1502389)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 11th, 2013 @ 10:15am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Smokescreen (1502393)
Posted by xyl360 on July 11th, 2013 @ 10:25am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:OK, slightly different paint, less accessories yet a higher price? OK, Hasbro for me.

I hear ya though, and if you can paint, the Hasbro version can be made to look show accurate anyway :).
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Smokescreen (1502453)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:28pm CDT
ok, this looks much better than the last pics we got of him. I still wish he had a silver face, but other than that, he looks good.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Smokescreen (1502545)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 11th, 2013 @ 7:08pm CDT

Yeah, I'm not too impressed at all. Seems like you can save tons of money on these imports by just learning to paint. The Takara figs are pretty overpriced, considering they're the exact same figures. Or is the build quality/plastic better? :???: I haven't ever noticed.

Anyway, when even the Takara version doesn't nail the look exactly, it's hard NOT to want to paint these ourselves... :roll:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Smokescreen (1502610)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 12th, 2013 @ 4:55am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:

The build quality is the same, as TakaraTomy and Hasbro share the same facilities, just at different times. By logic, larger runs mean more "defective" figures, and Hasbro has the largest runs of all. That may be the root of the myth that TakaraTomy has better QC, since there are less produced, and hardly anybody can read that's on Japanese toy blogs. That and nowadays everybody seems to blow a gasket at every QC problem, no matter how minor :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Smokescreen (1502703)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 12th, 2013 @ 1:45pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Much better paint, no accessories that I won't use (I threw the armor from the Hasbro version in the misc. parts bin long ago :P) and the usual import price? OK, Takara for me (as always) :P.

Yup,'nuff said >:oP :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Smokescreen (1503981)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 17th, 2013 @ 4:35pm CDT
Yes, Smokescreen is looking a little bland compared to Hasbro's version, but it just looks right. A definite keeper.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus