In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino

Sunday, June 15th, 2014 6:08AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 28,496

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of toy blogger Alfes2010, directly from the Tokyo Toy Show floor, we get an in-hand look at the Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Line Deluxe Dino figure. As a reminder, this is not an original mold for the Sideswipe-ish character from Dark of the Moon, but a retool and redeco of Revenge of the Fallen Sideways - check out the images below!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino
Credit(s): Alfes2010
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582386)
Posted by RhA on June 15th, 2014 @ 6:56am CDT
Kinda like it, actually.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582387)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 6:58am CDT
Seeing Dino's head sculpt, I'm reminded how much everybots were "monster faced" in the first movie trilogy. I'm glad that in AoE, the bots are more "classic faced". Meining either a faceplate or a more human face.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582388)
Posted by OmegaPrime273 on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:04am CDT
The only thing good about this toy is the head, the rest is insulting...insulting to all the collectors,fans and people who've waited for the characters figure release since the beginning, myself as one of those collectors. We're now going on movie 4 and theyre just/finally releasing a movie 3 character... And they didn't even do him right?? That's not Dino/Mirage...the head is but it gets ignored due to the body which is lazy and unoriginal. Hasbro already screwed the fans over by not releasing individual characters before the DOTM toyline was cancelled..this was bc a ton of Bumblebees were made(nobody bought them BC they wanted/want something new..like characters and designs....other than Bumblebee).when TF2 cameout Hasbro did the same; not releasing more than half the constructicons and being lazy w Elita-One and just repainting Chromia. TF3 they didn't make all The Dreads, Brains, Dino..or remold characters besides Bumblebee. This is insulting to the diehard fans who collect the figures for Character individuality and fandom. Those are the people missing out on completing their movie toy roster because no one thinks of the true fans anymore.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582390)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:12am CDT
Have we seen this photo of Lockdown ?



Posted by James Pooser on Transformers Addicts .
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582391)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:24am CDT
OmegaPrime273 wrote:The only thing good about this toy is the head, the rest is insulting...insulting to all the collectors,fans and people who've waited for the characters figure release since the beginning, myself as one of those collectors. We're now going on movie 4 and theyre just/finally releasing a movie 3 character... And they didn't even do him right?? That's not Dino/Mirage...the head is but it gets ignored due to the body which is lazy and unoriginal. Hasbro already screwed the fans over by not releasing individual characters before the DOTM toyline was cancelled..this was bc a ton of Bumblebees were made(nobody bought them BC they wanted/want something new..like characters and designs....other than Bumblebee).when TF2 cameout Hasbro did the same; not releasing more than half the constructicons and being lazy w Elita-One and just repainting Chromia. TF3 they didn't make all The Dreads, Brains, Dino..or remold characters besides Bumblebee. This is insulting to the diehard fans who collect the figures for Character individuality and fandom. Those are the people missing out on completing their movie toy roster because no one thinks of the true fans anymore.


I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but there are a couple point I'd like to make:

1) The chances of Dino-Mirage getting a proper, accurate toy are nil, next to nothing from the very start. Mattel has an exclusive license with Ferrari for their Hot Wheels line, as such Hasbro and TakaraTomy cannot make car modes looking like one.

2) Ever looked at the Cyberverse line? It has all the Dreads (albeit with different vehicle modes) and transforming and combining Constructicons, and a Mirage who is a repaint of Sideways... The last one was probably the inspiration for this guy.

3) Hasbro and TakaraTomy is in it for the kids, not us.

4) True Fans are a lie. :lol:

Personally I'm getting him, as I'm not that bothered with the looks, it's close enough and I'm no car expert. Point at a car and I'll say "It's a car, 'nuff said.".
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582393)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OmegaPrime273 wrote:The only thing good about this toy is the head, the rest is insulting...insulting to all the collectors,fans and people who've waited for the characters figure release since the beginning, myself as one of those collectors. We're now going on movie 4 and theyre just/finally releasing a movie 3 character... And they didn't even do him right?? That's not Dino/Mirage...the head is but it gets ignored due to the body which is lazy and unoriginal. Hasbro already screwed the fans over by not releasing individual characters before the DOTM toyline was cancelled..this was bc a ton of Bumblebees were made(nobody bought them BC they wanted/want something new..like characters and designs....other than Bumblebee).when TF2 cameout Hasbro did the same; not releasing more than half the constructicons and being lazy w Elita-One and just repainting Chromia. TF3 they didn't make all The Dreads, Brains, Dino..or remold characters besides Bumblebee. This is insulting to the diehard fans who collect the figures for Character individuality and fandom. Those are the people missing out on completing their movie toy roster because no one thinks of the true fans anymore.


I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but there are a couple point I'd like to make:

1) The chances of Dino-Mirage getting a proper, accurate toy are nil, next to nothing from the very start. Mattel has an exclusive license with Ferrari for their Hot Wheels line, as such Hasbro and TakaraTomy cannot make car modes looking like one.

2) Ever looked at the Cyberverse line? It has all the Dreads (albeit with different vehicle modes) and transforming and combining Constructicons, and a Mirage who is a repaint of Sideways... The last one was probably the inspiration for this guy.

3) Hasbro and TakaraTomy is in it for the kids, not us.

4) True Fans are a lie. :lol:

Personally I'm getting him, as I'm not that bothered with the looks, it's close enough and I'm no car expert. Point at a car and I'll say "It's a car, 'nuff said.".


Thanks Jelze for saving me a lot of typing. I would have said exactly that. Especially about that "true fan part".
About that last part, there is NO "true fans". Only TRUE FANBOYS. :SICK:
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582394)
Posted by OmegaPrime273 on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:35am CDT
What's the difference between fanboy and fan
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582395)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:40am CDT
Courtesy once again of TF Yuki, and still from the Tokyo Toy show, we get to see a couple more images of the Takara Transformers: Lost Age LA-01 Battle Command Optimus Prime, in both modes! Check out the mirrored images below.



Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582396)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:47am CDT
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan


There is none :) Each fan is into different things, that's why a real definition of "true fan" is impossible to make, and should never be done. This article should clear things up a bit, along with other (negative) aspects of the fandom:

True Fan on TFwiki.net.

Back on topic:



Is it just me, or does this pic use two trailers instead of one?
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582397)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:49am CDT
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan


A fan is someone normal who like something very much, collect some things, a lot or little. There is no true defenition. My dad is a Star Wars fan but he only watch the movies. He don't have a single piece of merchandise, not even a poster. He's still a fan. I'm a Transformers fan. I watched the cartoons but I dont own a single DVD of it. I have hundreds of figures, but barely 10 G1s, most of them re-issues. Another would have all the merchandizing and variants of a single character and so on.
A fan is someone who like something. That is all. No two fan is the same.

As the.... ugh... fanboy, he's the crazy one. He's a fan as stated above, but with some crazies added to the mix. He consider HIS way to be a fan the only "true" way. He'll fight anyone who think differently and will insult the tastes of others. He will go to war against any "rival" franchise (Example: Playstation VS Nintendo VS Xbox, Go-Bots VS TF, Star Wars VS Star Trek, ect...). If any change happen to his beloved thing, he will tear his shirt from his back and throw a tantrum so embarassing, even a toddler would facepalm in shame. They also refuse to listen to reason and they refuse to see the ridiculousness of some of their behavior.

I hope this will help.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582398)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:53am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Is it just me, or does this pic use two trailers instead of one?


Yeah, I was going to mention that, then got distracted while writing. #-o
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582399)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:55am CDT
Va'al wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Is it just me, or does this pic use two trailers instead of one?


Yeah, I was going to mention that, then got distracted while writing. #-o


Still, that vehicle mode is AMAZING. Is that OP the same mold as the Leader? If yes, would the trailer be available separately?
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582400)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 15th, 2014 @ 8:02am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Still, that vehicle mode is AMAZING. Is that OP the same mold as the Leader? If yes, would the trailer be available separately?


Sadly no. He's part of the "Lost Age" line which is TakaraTomy's analog to "Robots in Disguise". It's a simplified toy with a 4-step transformation, basically turning him inside-out.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582402)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 8:12am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Still, that vehicle mode is AMAZING. Is that OP the same mold as the Leader? If yes, would the trailer be available separately?


Sadly no. He's part of the "Lost Age" line which is TakaraTomy's analog to "Robots in Disguise". It's a simplified toy with a 4-step transformation, basically turning him inside-out.


Ugh... pass...
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582406)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 15th, 2014 @ 8:48am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan


A fan is someone normal who like something very much, collect some things, a lot or little. There is no true defenition. My dad is a Star Wars fan but he only watch the movies. He don't have a single piece of merchandise, not even a poster. He's still a fan. I'm a Transformers fan. I watched the cartoons but I dont own a single DVD of it. I have hundreds of figures, but barely 10 G1s, most of them re-issues. Another would have all the merchandizing and variants of a single character and so on.
A fan is someone who like something. That is all. No two fan is the same.

As the.... ugh... fanboy, he's the crazy one. He's a fan as stated above, but with some crazies added to the mix. He consider HIS way to be a fan the only "true" way. He'll fight anyone who think differently and will insult the tastes of others. He will go to war against any "rival" franchise (Example: Playstation VS Nintendo VS Xbox, Go-Bots VS TF, Star Wars VS Star Trek, ect...). If any change happen to his beloved thing, he will tear his shirt from his back and throw a tantrum so embarassing, even a toddler would facepalm in shame. They also refuse to listen to reason and they refuse to see the ridiculousness of some of their behavior.

I hope this will help.


thats close to Hypocrisy, there are two diferent things here

1. He means, that this figure is insulting Movie Line fans expectations, which he is not alone here, I am on it too. Perhaps some people could have no feeling about it due to movie line.

2. I have seen worst reactions when some G1 MP comes with red bumper or not a specific detail ... here we are talking about the whole character, just head accurate.

I also agree feels like a tantrum, besides taste more like a fan (fanatic) feelings hurt, which I respect.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582407)
Posted by TimothyR on June 15th, 2014 @ 8:59am CDT
takara needs to lock the company in a room and spit out some DMK's for this movie.. they are the greatest movie merch to come out of these movies period.

DMK's would be perfect for the characters in this movie since it's so difficult to achieve their robot mode looks with conventional transformers.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582425)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 15th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
I like this Dino/Mirage we're getting. It's not a Ferrari, but it never really could be (thank Mattel). The Sideways mold in robot mode is a surprisingly GOOD approximation of the Dino/Mirage CGI model. Honestly, Takara-Tomy didn't have to do this at all, but they did, and I think they did about the best they could given the circumstances. I can't wait to get my hands on this figure.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582428)
Posted by Dagon on June 15th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan



If people disagree with you or otherwise find your opinion unreasonable, you're a fanboy.

If you agree with everyone else, then you're a fan.

A fanboy is generally used as an insult because you've committed some atrocity like questioning an official release or a design decision, or that you have a preference or opinion in a hobby that more than one other person doesn't share.

In reality, it is a meaningless term.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582430)
Posted by Rated X on June 15th, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.
Re: In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino (1582434)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 15th, 2014 @ 11:59am CDT
Rated X wrote:All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.


True, they did for the Audi R8 for Sideways here (who was a last-minute deal and minor character btw). I don't think Ferrari is that forgiving, but the Speed Stars toy being an approximation of a Ferrari 458... :-?

And stop blaming Bumblebee, it's getting old. :BANG_HEAD:

Ending Soon On eBay

NEW! For Transformers Rotf Leader Class Optimus Prime New In Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 19 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers G1 Lot Vintage Astrotrain Triplechanger 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 14 minutes 10 seconds
NEW Transformers Rotf Leader Class Optimus Prime, In stock! - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 19 minutes 44 seconds
TRANSFORMERS NEMESIS Optimus PRIME SDCC - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 50 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Prime FIRST EDITION Bumblebee - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 46 minutes 3 seconds
Used TAKARATOMY Transformers Animated TA-05 Prowl PAINTED - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 6 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers BEAST WARS TAKARA OPTIMUS PRIMAL TRANSMETALS MOC CONVOY REAL RARE - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 53 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Predaking Figure 6.5 Inches - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 19 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents
Twincast / Podcast #146:
"Happy Accidents"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, June 14th, 2016