Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

Saturday, May 25th, 2013 12:37AM CDT

Categories: Auctions, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,931

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

By way of an eBay auction listed by seller lena81822 we have a set of images of Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack in vehicle mode. Hopefully we'll get some images of the figure in robot mode soon.

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack
Credit(s): eBay seller lena81822
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490136)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 25th, 2013 @ 3:47am CDT
I guess this TakaraTomy's way of saying: "A yellow Sideswipe does not a Sunstreaker make" :P
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490137)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 25th, 2013 @ 4:38am CDT
It's all about the head reveal in robot mode. The best thing about the deluxe Sunstreaker was the rising sun head reveal and how those huge horns on the side of his head sprung out. I was totally impressed with that and thought it was a real classy move.
Hopefully that subtle yet impressive gimmick gets recreated here.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490141)
Posted by RhA on May 25th, 2013 @ 6:21am CDT
monstergrotusque wrote:It's all about the head reveal in robot mode. The best thing about the deluxe Sunstreaker was the rising sun head reveal and how those huge horns on the side of his head sprung out. I was totally impressed with that and thought it was a real classy move.
Hopefully that subtle yet impressive gimmick gets recreated here.

This is Tigertrack, so the head would be Sideswipe's, right?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490147)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 25th, 2013 @ 7:22am CDT
RhA wrote:
monstergrotusque wrote:It's all about the head reveal in robot mode. The best thing about the deluxe Sunstreaker was the rising sun head reveal and how those huge horns on the side of his head sprung out. I was totally impressed with that and thought it was a real classy move.
Hopefully that subtle yet impressive gimmick gets recreated here.

This is Tigertrack, so the head would be Sideswipe's, right?


You betcha. For those not in the know, he's based on e-Hobby G1 Tigertrack, who in turn is based on the yellow variety of the original Diaclone toy.

Trivia: Did you know Sideswipe was originally planned to be yellow and Sunstreaker to be red, matching their Diaclone releases? That's why Sunstreaker has red stickers on the shoulders, his bio mentions Sideswipe's "exposed engine" (which is actually his) and that "exposed engine" is the basis for Sideswipe's rocket pack.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490149)
Posted by njb902 on May 25th, 2013 @ 7:36am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RhA wrote:
monstergrotusque wrote:It's all about the head reveal in robot mode. The best thing about the deluxe Sunstreaker was the rising sun head reveal and how those huge horns on the side of his head sprung out. I was totally impressed with that and thought it was a real classy move.
Hopefully that subtle yet impressive gimmick gets recreated here.

This is Tigertrack, so the head would be Sideswipe's, right?


You betcha. For those not in the know, he's based on e-Hobby G1 Tigertrack, who in turn is based on the yellow variety of the original Diaclone toy.

Trivia: Did you know Sideswipe was originally planned to be yellow and Sunstreaker to be red, matching their Diaclone releases? That's why Sunstreaker has red stickers on the shoulders, his bio mentions Sideswipe's "exposed engine" (which is actually his) and that "exposed engine" is the basis for Sideswipe's rocket pack.


Another little known fact neither came with a ham sandwich :P

I had no idea that was the case JG. Thanks for the info.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490151)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 25th, 2013 @ 8:17am CDT
who the hell is tiger track? what about it says tiger? and this line a is a big joke. this is like the 3rd or 4th repaint of this mold. and they went out of their way it seems to make up a character for it.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490157)
Posted by RhA on May 25th, 2013 @ 8:46am CDT
Check the TFwiki or JelZe's post about who Tigertrack is.

Repaints have always been done, all the way back to Diaclone. I don't see the problem with it, it makes sense to get as much out a molds as you can. It's why the entire TF line exsist.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490162)
Posted by Rated X on May 25th, 2013 @ 9:17am CDT
It would be a disgrace to use this mold for Sunstreaker, even with a new head. Sunstreaker was not a regular Lamborghini Countach. He was a space age hybrid of a Lamborghini Countach. They pulld it off in the classics line because they eliminated the different car modes to make them "the twins". But isn't the MP line supposed to be about G1 accuracy ? No cheating Has/Tak, new mold please...

BTW, I know Tigertrack is supposed to be Diaclone character, I'm just commenting on the speculation.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490171)
Posted by bionic_radical on May 25th, 2013 @ 10:59am CDT
Making ankle articulation turn into the hood of that car is going to take genius work.

Back to Tigertrack though... Where are the sexy jet black chissels?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490183)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 25th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CDT
This is really awesome to look at and I hope we get robot mode pics soon. Of the few MP figs I own it's gonna be sweet having Tigertrack in my fold. :APPLAUSE: :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490198)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 25th, 2013 @ 1:58pm CDT
No images of the robot mode? Lame. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490213)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2013 @ 2:49pm CDT
Maybe we can finally get some fictional development for the guy for once.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490219)
Posted by SentinelA on May 25th, 2013 @ 3:43pm CDT
So tempting...
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490234)
Posted by Delta Magnus on May 25th, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
Yeah, this is nice and all, Takara, but where is our Masterpiece Reflector?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490237)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 25th, 2013 @ 5:19pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Yeah, this is nice and all, Takara, but where is our Masterpiece Reflector?


More Masterpiece Decepticons would be nice, but I think a smaller Megatron to be in scale with the latest version of Optimus or a Galvatron to go head-to-head with Rodimus would be more of a priority than Reflector.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490238)
Posted by Delta Magnus on May 25th, 2013 @ 5:23pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:Yeah, this is nice and all, Takara, but where is our Masterpiece Reflector?


More Masterpiece Decepticons would be nice, but I think a smaller Megatron to be in scale with the latest version of Optimus or a Galvatron to go head-to-head with Rodimus would be more of a priority than Reflector.


Yeah, an improved Megatron or a Galvatron would be cool and probably more important, but meh, I always loved Reflector and I think it's a bit unfair he seems to have been forgotten by HasTak. When was the last time we got a Reflector? I know he was dropped from the show due to toy licensing issues, but still...I miss old Fleccy.

Now Masterpiece Insecticons would definitely be a good idea. I think they'd sell well and would look great.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490250)
Posted by Stormrider on May 25th, 2013 @ 7:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Maybe we can finally get some fictional development for the guy for once.


I would like too. Surprised he has popped up as a background character yet in the comics.

Regarding the mold, it's too bad the yellow isn't very forgiving when it comes to the panel seams. They are really noticeable when yellow.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490253)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Maybe we can finally get some fictional development for the guy for once.


I would like too. Surprised he has popped up as a background character yet in the comics.
Well... technically, he has made a "background appearance" in one story, but that's all it was: A one panel cameo. Barely visible, even.

I'm talking "Where's Waldo" levels of visibility. :P

He's here somewhere:

Image
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490264)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 25th, 2013 @ 9:25pm CDT
I know it's an easy reuse of the mold and all, but it still seems kinda like a waste. Not in the sense Tigertrack is "taking someone's spot", but Masterpieces are already a very niche market, and it seems like there really wouldn't be that many people that want this. After all, they never did a G2 Grimlock or an Action Master Thundercracker, which are a lot more known.
Granted I say all that, and my opinion would be completely different if these were regular old Deluxes or Cyberverse or whatever, and I'm not a MP person. I guess this is just a "I don't get it" thing for me.

*can't help but think of all the crazy, obscure repaints a MP Dinobot or Waspinator would get*
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490313)
Posted by robotmel on May 26th, 2013 @ 4:37am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:No images of the robot mode? Lame. >:oP

;)
Image
Image
Image
Unsure if this was a custom or original but its something to go on...
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490322)
Posted by Son of Carl on May 26th, 2013 @ 7:18am CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:Yeah, this is nice and all, Takara, but where is our Masterpiece Reflector?


More Masterpiece Decepticons would be nice, but I think a smaller Megatron to be in scale with the latest version of Optimus or a Galvatron to go head-to-head with Rodimus would be more of a priority than Reflector.


Yeah, an improved Megatron or a Galvatron would be cool and probably more important, but meh, I always loved Reflector and I think it's a bit unfair he seems to have been forgotten by HasTak. When was the last time we got a Reflector? I know he was dropped from the show due to toy licensing issues, but still...I miss old Fleccy.

Now Masterpiece Insecticons would definitely be a good idea. I think they'd sell well and would look great.


Reflector is my most wanted Masterpiece Deception. I would agree that Megatron is a far more important character, and I have no doubt that he will be made. Reflector on the other hand could get skipped, and I don't want to see that happen. I love Reflector. I think he was one of the creepiest of the Deceptions(something about one mind speaking through several robots in unison). He was one of the figures I always wanted as a kid, and never got because I never saw him in stores(I didn't know he was available through mail-in).

I want my cartoon accurate MP Reflector!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490323)
Posted by RhA on May 26th, 2013 @ 7:30am CDT
robotmel wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:No images of the robot mode? Lame. >:oP

;)
Image
Image
Image
Unsure if this was a custom or original but its something to go on...


Nice.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490338)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on May 26th, 2013 @ 10:17am CDT
Looks like a custom to me judging by the decals, as they dont look like tampos to me. The yellow paint looks metallic, nearly like a gold.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490340)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 26th, 2013 @ 10:21am CDT
SkyWarpsGhost wrote:Looks like a custom to me judging by the decals, as they dont look like tampos to me. The yellow paint looks metallic, nearly like a gold.


Actually, it's a mere photoshop, based on TakaraTomy's stock photos of MP Lambor.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490398)
Posted by Stormrider on May 26th, 2013 @ 4:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Maybe we can finally get some fictional development for the guy for once.


I would like too. Surprised he has popped up as a background character yet in the comics.
Well... technically, he has made a "background appearance" in one story, but that's all it was: A one panel cameo. Barely visible, even.

I'm talking "Where's Waldo" levels of visibility. :P

He's here somewhere:

Image



You aren't kidding with the Where's Waldo reference :)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490401)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 26th, 2013 @ 4:49pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:You aren't kidding with the Where's Waldo reference :)
I see him. Wanna know where he is, or are you up for the challenge of spotting him? ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490402)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 26th, 2013 @ 4:52pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Maybe we can finally get some fictional development for the guy for once.


I would like too. Surprised he has popped up as a background character yet in the comics.
Well... technically, he has made a "background appearance" in one story, but that's all it was: A one panel cameo. Barely visible, even.

I'm talking "Where's Waldo" levels of visibility. :P

He's here somewhere:

Image



You aren't kidding with the Where's Waldo reference :)


I can't even find him. I never was the champ at "Where's Waldo". :oops:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1490466)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 26th, 2013 @ 11:48pm CDT
I don't care much for the yellow, but I definitely must recommend the mold. Such a great figure. Deserves to be a Masterpiece, but it's so easy to master that it could easily pass as your standard Deluxe Class figure.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493114)
Posted by El Duque on June 6th, 2013 @ 8:55am CDT
Also from the twitter-verse, we have new image of Takara Tomy's exclusive MP-12T Tigertrack. This image comes to us from Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui, and gives us as side by side head shot with MP-12 Lambor. Tigertrack's head is combination of Lambor's helmet with Red Alert's face. Image mirrored below.

Image


Site sponsor TFsource has also posted a new image of the figure with it's accessories, pre-order yours here.

Image
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493120)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:17am CDT
El Duque wrote:Tigertrack's head is combination of Lambor's helmet with Red Alert's face.


Now that is a nice unexpected move. ;)^
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493122)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:32am CDT
Yeah,I'm not too thrilled for this Sunstreaker Masterpiece figure as his horns don't even have the golden stripes added with the lack of the backseat engine kibble that made him a souped up Lamborghini.

So when are we going to get some Autobot/Decepticon commanders back in the MP line? Still waiting for a proper Magnus and a Megatron 2.0
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493125)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Yeah,I'm not too thrilled for this Sunstreaker Masterpiece figure as his horns don't even have the golden stripes added with the lack of the backseat engine kibble that made him a souped up Lamborghini.
Can't you read? It's not Sunstreaker. It's Tigertrack.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493129)
Posted by Rogueknight on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:56am CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Yeah,I'm not too thrilled for this Sunstreaker Masterpiece figure as his horns don't even have the golden stripes added with the lack of the backseat engine kibble that made him a souped up Lamborghini.




WOW thanks for coming out. As every article for this figure has said its TIGERTRACKS.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tigertrack

Sunstreaker while IS yellow is not a carbon copy as Sideswipe. Streaker is a customized Lamborghini Countach LP500S, Swipe is off the shelf. And robot mode is completely different.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sunstreaker_%28G1%29


Different car looks, different robot modes, same color... if that is your only reason for posting like a idiot then you can call him Freewheeler too:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Free_Wheeler
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493130)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:Yeah,I'm not too thrilled for this Sunstreaker Masterpiece figure as his horns don't even have the golden stripes added with the lack of the backseat engine kibble that made him a souped up Lamborghini.
Can't you read? It's not Sunstreaker. It's Tigertrack.


As in, he's not based on this guy, but on this guy

Now, let's all move on and stop beating the poor guy...
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493133)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:31am CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Yeah,I'm not too thrilled for this Sunstreaker Masterpiece figure as his horns don't even have the golden stripes added with the lack of the backseat engine kibble that made him a souped up Lamborghini.


Sweet mercy, the Univers swipe/streaker mold certainly has a lot to answer for. And the designer of said toy being so clever thought he was doing us a favour. Look at the confusion the man has caused :HEADHURTS:

Anyway, as someone else said, enough of that. This guy is too expensive, but the evil sucker is making me want him. Seriously, I mean, clever head/ face swapping? Do Takara want me to buy their toys that badly (...yes of course they do!) But that's beside the point. I was NOT supposed to be buying this mold a third time. I was NOT supposed to be feeding my Diaclone obsession.

I just wasn't [-(
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493136)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:43am CDT
Well excuse me if I didn't properly identify one of the many many Transformers in G1. When I think of Sideswipe,Sun Streaker usually isn't that far behind.

Plus the yellow color scheme could be justified as MP lines only have silver chrome and not gold.

Plus the Japanese naming of Side Swipe in this line didn't help matters.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493138)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:47am CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Plus the Japanese naming of Side Swipe in this line didn't help matters.


Joke's on you, Sideswipe has always been called Lambor in Japan since his debut Generation One. It makes perfect sense for a Japanese-original Masterpiece figure to be called the Japanese name of the character it is meant to represent.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493139)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:51am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:Plus the Japanese naming of Side Swipe in this line didn't help matters.


Joke's on you, Sideswipe has always been called Lambor in Japan since his debut Generation One. It makes perfect sense for a Japanese-original Masterpiece figure to be called the Japanese name of the character it is meant to represent.


Well excuse me if I can't get minute details right 100% of the time. I'm not very fluent in my knowledge of G1 as I have never really grew up on it and have recently been watching episodes for a while now.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493143)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:04am CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Well excuse me if I can't get minute details right 100% of the time. I'm not very fluent in my knowledge of G1 as I have never really grew up on it and have recently been watching episodes for a while now.


Which is why I pointed the finger at the Universe toy ;) I know that's bound to be %99 of the reason a lot of people were expecting MP Sideswipe to be re-painted into Sunstreaker the minute he was announced.

Live and learn fellow fan :D Trust me, should we ever get an MP Sunstreaker, he will be his own original mold based purely off of his G1 self. This fellow is Tigertrack, a very obscure, but very legitimate G1 character :BOT:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493144)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:14am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:Plus the Japanese naming of Side Swipe in this line didn't help matters.


Joke's on you, Sideswipe has always been called Lambor in Japan since his debut Generation One. It makes perfect sense for a Japanese-original Masterpiece figure to be called the Japanese name of the character it is meant to represent.


I should add that "Lambor" is rather exceptional when it comes to Japanese naming, along with "Convoy" for Optimus Prime. In Japan, most kept their English name or got a variation of it, including Sunstreaker. The Mini-Bots don't count.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493146)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:23am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I should add that "Lambor" is rather exceptional when it comes to Japanese naming, along with "Convoy" for Optimus Prime. In Japan, most kept their English name or got a variation of it, including Sunstreaker. The Mini-Bots don't count.


Why don't the mini bots count? Did they do something bad? :shock:
Let's not forget Condor and Jaga (Jaguar)

Speaking of names, I've only just realised he's TigerTRACK...I keep thinking it's TigertrackS #-o
And I'm still not buying him... =;
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493150)
Posted by dragons on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:35am CDT
some harsh comments making honest misteake to tigertrack to sunstreaker, looks good in yellow not big fan of some japan character repaints
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493153)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:40am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Speaking of names, I've only just realised he's TigerTRACK...I keep thinking it's TigertrackS #-o


To be honest, Tigertrack"s" is much catchier than Tigertrack.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493157)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:57am CDT
dragons wrote:some harsh comments making honest misteake to tigertrack to sunstreaker, looks good in yellow not big fan of some japan character repaints


Not necessarily. I can understand why it would get people's backs up, especially since this has been an issue since Sideswipe was first revealed. A yellow Sideswipe does not a Sunstreaker make, not to those old enough to know and love him ;) We may be creaking at the joints but we are still here :D
Regardless...every news post labels him MP TIGERTRACK...
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493161)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 11:59am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Speaking of names, I've only just realised he's TigerTRACK...I keep thinking it's TigertrackS #-o


To be honest, Tigertrack"s" is much catchier than Tigertrack.


Ah yes, but then we'd all be expecting a pimped out Tracks in yellow with black stripes :D
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493163)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:04pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Speaking of names, I've only just realised he's TigerTRACK...I keep thinking it's TigertrackS #-o


To be honest, Tigertrack"s" is much catchier than Tigertrack.


Ah yes, but then we'd all be expecting a pimped out Tracks in yellow with black stripes :D


Touché. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493164)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:11pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I should add that "Lambor" is rather exceptional when it comes to Japanese naming, along with "Convoy" for Optimus Prime. In Japan, most kept their English name or got a variation of it, including Sunstreaker. The Mini-Bots don't count.


Why don't the mini bots count? Did they do something bad? :shock:
Let's not forget Condor and Jaga (Jaguar)


Ah yeah, forgot those two. Even forgot about Meister for Jazz, Broadcast for Blaster, Laserwave for Shockwave and some others. :oops: Most of the original Mini-Bots were renamed in Japan, thus they're more exception than rule:

Bumblebee -> Bumble
Cliffjumper -> Cliff
Huffer -> Drag
Brawn -> Gong
Windcharger -> Charger
Cosmos -> Adams

Some of the names were just silly 8-}
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493169)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:25pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I should add that "Lambor" is rather exceptional when it comes to Japanese naming, along with "Convoy" for Optimus Prime. In Japan, most kept their English name or got a variation of it, including Sunstreaker. The Mini-Bots don't count.


Why don't the mini bots count? Did they do something bad? :shock:
Let's not forget Condor and Jaga (Jaguar)


Ah yeah, forgot those two. Even forgot about Meister for Jazz, Broadcast for Blaster, Laserwave for Shockwave and some others. :oops: Most of the original Mini-Bots were renamed in Japan, thus they're more exception than rule:

Bumblebee -> Bumble
Cliffjumper -> Cliff
Huffer -> Drag
Brawn -> Gong
Windcharger -> Charger
Cosmos -> Adams

Some of the names were just silly 8-}


Gong. That's just awesome.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493179)
Posted by megatronus on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CDT
Maybe I missed it earlier, but I think it's a GREAT touch to include the Autobot symbol as a sticker, instead of a tampo.

I'm not a Diaclone collector, but I can imagine this definitely adds value for those that are.

Nice move, Takara. Nice move.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack (1493192)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 6th, 2013 @ 1:37pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Maybe I missed it earlier, but I think it's a GREAT touch to include the Autobot symbol as a sticker, instead of a tampo.

I'm not a Diaclone collector, but I can imagine this definitely adds value for those that are.

Nice move, Takara. Nice move.


Agreed. My interest in this fig from the start was for the Diaclone element.
For what could've just been a straight re-paint, they have given a few nice touches to it.

Seriously though, I cannot buy this.

(can I?)

Click here to view an additional 16 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014